Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

Woodeeewood

Does the Alfa led light stay red if charging while using it... Seems like I remember it doing that the first time I used it but now it just stays green while plugged in and using even if about dead.

Woodeeewood,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My thanks to cuz'in @Justpassedu for passing his exclusive Alpha on.

Thought I'd share the few wisps of a short observation I sent him:

Yah, the wheel make it very easy to turn on. And you were unaware.

If it does turn off automatically, it shouldn't put a large dent in the battery's well being.

Tried a load . Having always been exposed to convection preferences, was quite surprise at the efficiency.

Rather quick to heat up to temp, it produced some nice vapor. Had expected the robo fart of the taste I got empty, but no, tasted fine.

Not copious amounts of vapor.

But like a fine wine, one sip it. Slow-ly. :nod:H!

Thanks for the buzz, Cuz. &, oh,yes, grind it fine, and pack it tite! ;)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

My thanks to cuz'in @Justpassedu for passing his exclusive Alpha on.

Thought I'd share the few wisps of a short observation I sent him:

Yah, the wheel make it very easy to turn on. And you were unaware.

If it does turn off automatically, it shouldn't put a large dent in the battery's well being.

Tried a load . Having always been exposed to convection preferences, was quite surprise at the efficiency.

Rather quick to heat up to temp, it produced some nice vapor. Had expected the robo fart of the taste I got empty, but no, tasted fine.

Not copious amounts of vapor.

But like a fine wine, one sip it. Slow-ly. :nod:H!

Thanks for the buzz, Cuz. &, oh,yes, grind it fine, and pack it tite! ;)

No problem Cuz , glad your enjoying the Alfa. I figured you would get more use out of it than me. Id like to also say that the wheel on the Alfa i gave you is much tighter than the original version that was 1st released. When they had 1st came out they would turn very easy so the one you have is def a improvement. I also remember reading a few members here have wrapped a piece of fishing line or string between the button to make it a bit tighter .

vapesesh

I'm glad I've discovered the Alfa vaporizer and I'm about to purchase it, but I'm a little hesitant as I've been reading about the issues people have been having with it. I found the latest version for sale so it seems like most of those problems have been fixed with the new ones. I'm going away for the summer so I won't be able to send it back for a while if my unit goes faulty. Can someone confirm that the latest models are more reliable? Thanks.

vapesesh,
Reactions: Yoosh

chipples

So... now the puff sensor seems to have stopped working. When I used the A/P setting it doesn't really seem to get much warmer and shuts off after 10 minutes regardless of whether I've been drawing on it.

Am I correct in thinking some other people in the thread have had this issue?

I'm hoping Goboof offer me a new unit this time instead of trying to repair the same one a second time.

chipples,

moodyman

So... now the puff sensor seems to have stopped working. When I used the A/P setting it doesn't really seem to get much warmer and shuts off after 10 minutes regardless of whether I've been drawing on it.

Am I correct in thinking some other people in the thread have had this issue?

I'm hoping Goboof offer me a new unit this time instead of trying to repair the same one a second time.

I had this problem and nearly returned it, then I gave it a really good clean with iso soaked pipe cleaners and it worked a treat. It looked clean before, I had been cleaning it but obviously not well enough, and I think the vapor path had become too narrow and it was no longer sensing puffs. You will know if its clean enough, when you hold it up to the light and look through the hole in the oven it should shine like the sun. Might not be your issue but I had the exact same symptoms.

Also- the Alfa really gets best results with dry dry herb and as others have said a nice tight pack. Works great with less than .1 and I will admit to using the charger plug as a tamper on occasions.

moodyman,

Woodeeewood

I've had my Alfa for about two weeks now. I absolutely love it on medium. But now that it's been mentioned. My A/P function has never worked for me. Even on day one I just thought it was a useless feature. No matter how many times I puff on it. It never gets above medium, cause if I go from a/p to medium setting, it still has to heat up some. Do you guys think mine has been broke since day one? I still love the Alfa on medium, it blows my pax out of the water, hands down.

Woodeeewood,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm glad I've discovered the Alfa vaporizer and I'm about to purchase it, but I'm a little hesitant as I've been reading about the issues people have been having with it. I found the latest version for sale so it seems like most of those problems have been fixed with the new ones. I'm going away for the summer so I won't be able to send it back for a while if my unit goes faulty. Can someone confirm that the latest models are more reliable? Thanks.

They sent me the latest model when I got mine. Never had the original. I've used it a LOT and never had an issue yet. Really prefer to use the alfa over the pax. I think its worth the price for sure.

icloud

I'm also loving the alpha. Received mine at the end of January and it has been great so far. I bought the barrel plug lead so it can now charge from a battery bank. I run it on med for a while and use high to finish taking slow sips with 6 or 7 seconds between each and will have 3 or 4 of these before topping my lungs up with fresh air and holding in for about 10 seconds. I moved the filter from the mouth piece to the oven and this improved it dramatically. I also too the black cap from the end of a cheap black Biro pen and it fits the mouthpiece perfectly for a secure cap. For packing, I use the folded card to tip into the bowl and found that the end of a child's calpol medicine tube fits over the pin and nicely into the oven. I cut the end of this tube and widened the hole very slightly. It is now a perfect tamping tool. One thing I d find is that it is definitely worth taking one long and faster pull after turning the alpha off as this clears remaining vape and cools the oven. I tend to do this as an oven load will last me a day or sometimes more. Also a cheap iPhone 4s neoprene case fits the alpha perfectly, protects from knocks and masks smells from the oven door area. It can be used in this case slid out a little. I think it makes it even more stealthy. As for ap at modes, I haven't really tried them yet! I'll get round to it at some point. So with a few tweaks and mods, I'm now in portable vape bliss and prefer it massively over friends pax and firely vapes.

catjammin99

I'm also loving the alpha. Received mine at the end of January and it has been great so far. I bought the barrel plug lead so it can now charge from a battery bank. I run it on med for a while and use high to finish taking slow sips with 6 or 7 seconds between each and will have 3 or 4 of these before topping my lungs up with fresh air and holding in for about 10 seconds. I moved the filter from the mouth piece to the oven and this improved it dramatically. I also too the black cap from the end of a cheap black Biro pen and it fits the mouthpiece perfectly for a secure cap. For packing, I use the folded card to tip into the bowl and found that the end of a child's calpol medicine tube fits over the pin and nicely into the oven. I cut the end of this tube and widened the hole very slightly. It is now a perfect tamping tool. One thing I d find is that it is definitely worth taking one long and faster pull after turning the alpha off as this clears remaining vape and cools the oven. I tend to do this as an oven load will last me a day or sometimes more. Also a cheap iPhone 4s neoprene case fits the alpha perfectly, protects from knocks and masks smells from the oven door area. It can be used in this case slid out a little. I think it makes it even more stealthy. As for ap at modes, I haven't really tried them yet! I'll get round to it at some point. So with a few tweaks and mods, I'm now in portable vape bliss and prefer it massively over friends pax and firely vapes.

That is awesome!! I love how creative you are with the modifications. I have a few questions.

1. How did moving the filter to the oven improve performance? Did the filter come with the alfa?

2. How do you find the battery life?
3. How do you find the temperature selections?
4. What is ap mode?

Thanks for a fantastic post!! You are so detailed I wish you did more reviews!

catjammin99,

icloud

No problem Catjammin.

I was lucky enough to receive one of the newer alphas so it came with a few pre cut gauzes made for the oven. I removed the mouthpiece one before I really got the packing and toking technique worked out. Battery life seems great. Ive never run it right down to shut off but imagine that it would easily handle 4-7 oven loads depending style of use. Temps seem good to me but this is my first proper vape having moved on (rapidly) from an atmos pen vape. The alpha is an entirely different animal. I like the flavour hits on a new load on low, but they don't give me the hits of medium and then high to finish. The high temp seems to give a more combustion type high which I like. There's loads more experiences from others on this thread about the auto settings. I don't feel qualified to comment on them due to not having tried them out properly. Ap is auto puff though that gradually increases the oven temp for each puff taken. One thing that makes all the difference for me though is slow draw or cigar type sips with time in between for the oven to come back to temp and make more vape. Its worth pointing out as well that I only use organic outdoor grown material so other more dense and resinous herb may work differently. The flavours of a new load on low to med are incredible :)

chipples

I had this problem and nearly returned it, then I gave it a really good clean with iso soaked pipe cleaners and it worked a treat. It looked clean before, I had been cleaning it but obviously not well enough, and I think the vapor path had become too narrow and it was no longer sensing puffs. You will know if its clean enough, when you hold it up to the light and look through the hole in the oven it should shine like the sun. Might not be your issue but I had the exact same symptoms.

Also- the Alfa really gets best results with dry dry herb and as others have said a nice tight pack. Works great with less than .1 and I will admit to using the charger plug as a tamper on occasions.

I've had my Alfa for about two weeks now. I absolutely love it on medium. But now that it's been mentioned. My A/P function has never worked for me. Even on day one I just thought it was a useless feature. No matter how many times I puff on it. It never gets above medium, cause if I go from a/p to medium setting, it still has to heat up some. Do you guys think mine has been broke since day one? I still love the Alfa on medium, it blows my pax out of the water, hands down.

Yeah that sounds like yours is busted. Afaik the A/P setting starts at 190 and increases with 3 degreses each puff until it gets to HI. So it should be at max temperature within 10 puffs. Mine never gets there. Same as yours, when I turn it medium from A/P after LOTS of puffs, it has to heat up before it gets there. And whatever I do, it turns off after 10 minutes as if I hadn't been using it. Previously it was working great so I know how it should be when it's working properly.

Mine was not working straight after cleaning it out, so it's not that that's the problem.

Last edited:
chipples,

Woodeeewood

Yeah that sounds like yours is busted. Afaik the A/P setting starts at 190 and increases with 3 degreses each puff until it gets to HI. So it should be at max temperature within 10 puffs. Mine never gets there. Same as yours, when I turn it medium from A/P after LOTS of puffs, it has to heat up before it gets there. And whatever I do, it turns off after 10 minutes as if I hadn't been using it. Previously it was working great so I know how it should be when it's working properly.

Mine was not working straight after cleaning it out, so it's not that that's the problem.
Do you think I should send it in to be looked at, or just keep using it since I love it on all the manual settings? Then send it in if anything else ever goes wrong with it. I would hate to send it in and get one back that has worse issues, but I'd love to have a fully functional Alfa at the same time. Hmmm... Any suggestions?

Woodeeewood,

Branza

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share another Alfa experience.
I wrote in this forum a while ago, describing how my Alfa got broken (the light went on blinking while the temperature was rising and rising untile it started burning my weed - this happened even in "Low".

Took me a while (I'm a lazy ass :D) to send it back to vapefiend.co.uk (yep, I live in Spain, se all this has been made inside Europe).

Had a lovely experience with vapefiend. Fast answers and all; still, they confirmed how Goboof was now handling directly these things, and they sent my vape to Ireland.

It took just a few days (3-4) before I received an SMS from FedEx, saying that my package had been sent. This was a surprise, considering I didn't receive any diagnostic email or confirmation from Goboof.

I wrote them and they answered only a few hours later. We exchanged a few email, and I have never waited more than a few hours before receiving Ciarán answers (sometimes they arrived right away). So, can't confirm the behavior described here (that they basically didn't answer emails sent to info@goboof.com).

So this is what happened to my Alfa "Your unit had a defective heater which we have since changed the design which is much more reliable. "

And this is what they've done:

"The unit you got back was your previous Alfa repaired. Note we changed the following,

Replaced the bottom frame
Replaced the oven and screen
Replaced the PCB

Fully cleaned the unit.

Your Alfa is practically like new now and should be more reliable as it now has newer oven design and new software."

I just tried it once since I got it back and...still lovin it as I did before it broke.
Just wanted to share my support experience :)

Woodeeewood

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share another Alfa experience.
I wrote in this forum a while ago, describing how my Alfa got broken (the light went on blinking while the temperature was rising and rising untile it started burning my weed - this happened even in "Low".

Took me a while (I'm a lazy ass :D) to send it back to vapefiend.co.uk (yep, I live in Spain, se all this has been made inside Europe).

Had a lovely experience with vapefiend. Fast answers and all; still, they confirmed how Goboof was now handling directly these things, and they sent my vape to Ireland.

It took just a few days (3-4) before I received an SMS from FedEx, saying that my package had been sent. This was a surprise, considering I didn't receive any diagnostic email or confirmation from Goboof.

I wrote them and they answered only a few hours later. We exchanged a few email, and I have never waited more than a few hours before receiving Ciarán answers (sometimes they arrived right away). So, can't confirm the behavior described here (that they basically didn't answer emails sent to info@goboof.com).

So this is what happened to my Alfa "Your unit had a defective heater which we have since changed the design which is much more reliable. "

And this is what they've done:

"The unit you got back was your previous Alfa repaired. Note we changed the following,

Replaced the bottom frame
Replaced the oven and screen
Replaced the PCB

Fully cleaned the unit.

Your Alfa is practically like new now and should be more reliable as it now has newer oven design and new software."

I just tried it once since I got it back and...still lovin it as I did before it broke.
Just wanted to share my support experience :)
Them responding quickly was my experience with goboof as well until now. I've contacted them about my malfunctioning a/p setting and an issue I'm having with the battery but still no response in 2 days. I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Woodeeewood,

josemembreno

I just realized after having this vape for awhile now how much bigger the clouds are with a REALLY SLOW draw. I still cannot believe how great this little guy is and so far is still the smallest, easiest vape I have used.

josemembreno,
Reactions: VegNVape

Woodeeewood

I am still waiting to hear from goboof about sending my alfa in to get looked at. I've sent 3 email in past 4-5 days but no response. Should I keep emailing them or just keep waiting and hope they answer?

Woodeeewood,

vapeape77

woodeee, keep at em, they took a couple weeks to respond to me.

My replacement unit from January is still working great, hahaha love the little guy so much I got another! So I can always have two packed ready to go on the weekends, plus can alternate them when charging.

vapeape77,

Woodeeewood

woodeee, keep at em, they took a couple weeks to respond to me.

My replacement unit from January is still working great, hahaha love the little guy so much I got another! So I can always have two packed ready to go on the weekends, plus can alternate them when charging.
Awesome, that's what I will do then. Thanks for the reply. Oh, and btw, you're a genius for buying two. Greatest ideal I've heard in ages. I love it too. Idk what I'm gonna do when I have to send it back. You should loan me one of yours while it's gone. Haha.

Woodeeewood,

chipples

I am still waiting to hear from goboof about sending my alfa in to get looked at. I've sent 3 email in past 4-5 days but no response. Should I keep emailing them or just keep waiting and hope they answer?

That's odd, whenever I've emailed them I've had a response within a couple of hours. And I have emailed them quite a lot.

chipples,

simpleisbliss88

I'm also loving the alpha. Received mine at the end of January and it has been great so far. I bought the barrel plug lead so it can now charge from a battery bank.
where did you get the Charging adapter, and which size did you get? I would love to be able to charge my Alfa in the car.

simpleisbliss88,

ox pow

Oh that's too funny, I actually bought it because I figured you had measured the connector, and it seems like it works fine! (Fits right in like it was made for it!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003059FAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3V6BK4D0HKA8F

c8dUQgV.jpg

That issue has been determined to be a broken or damaged temperature sensor. The device can't turn on because it might overheat and melt.

I think someone opened theirs after this issue and found that the temperature sensor is a little glass component, so I'm trying to avoid tapping and sharp impacts. Every time I drop it I fear mine is going to end up flashing red...
Hi everybody,this is my first message here,and i have a question about that power bank.
is this power bank a 9600mAh?How many times can you charge the alfa with this power bank?
Anybody know what mAh have the alfa battery?
thanks and sorry for my english!

Last edited:
ox pow,
Top Bottom