Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

Frodo

Good Evening To All,

Here I'm at day two and so far my results have been positive and I've been a Happy Camper. But with the recent postings about some individuals have received(or currently in "Limbo"...whichever the case may be)under or non-functioning units, I feel bad for y'all. I have confidence tho that in the end, however it will turn out, that eventually your situations will be resolved with a Win-Win conclusion for all.....

Alright now.....moving forward with a suggestion which more than likely has been resolved.....and here is where someone will come forward to "flame me for not reading totally thru this thread first,".......let's face reality.....I'm not going to spend the time reading thru 34 pages with tons of correspondence(Hey I'm 60 and I am not planning now or ever of going back through each page....."Flame On." Here goes, to resolve the issue of dry particles falling thru and down the pipe the company is offering to sell you through their Store screens with holes in the center. As a FYI.....go to your friendly establishment which offers instruments of all shapes, forms and sizes to partake in your favorite smoking materials and purchase 1/2" diameter if you live in America and for everyone else it's 12.7cm(so round it to 13cm.)stainless steel or brass screen. Then drill a 1/8 inch(3mm. ?) hole in the center and Voila!!! And the good thing is no waiting

Mike M

Good Evening To All,

Here I'm at day two and so far my results have been positive and I've been a Happy Camper. But with the recent postings about some individuals have received(or currently in "Limbo"...whichever the case may be)under or non-functioning units, I feel bad for y'all. I have confidence tho that in the end, however it will turn out, that eventually your situations will be resolved with a Win-Win conclusion for all.....

Alright now.....moving forward with a suggestion which more than likely has been resolved.....and here is where someone will come forward to "flame me for not reading totally thru this thread first,".......let's face reality.....I'm not going to spend the time reading thru 34 pages with tons of correspondence(Hey I'm 60 and I am not planning now or ever of going back through each page....."Flame On." Here goes, to resolve the issue of dry particles falling thru and down the pipe the company is offering to sell you through their Store screens with holes in the center. As a FYI.....go to your friendly establishment which offers instruments of all shapes, forms and sizes to partake in your favorite smoking materials and purchase 1/2" diameter if you live in America and for everyone else it's 12.7cm(so round it to 13cm.)stainless steel or brass screen. Then drill a 1/8 inch(3mm. ?) hole in the center and Voila!!! And the good thing is no waiting
Just FYI, I have been doing the screen hack since I got it (initially it came with the scree in the MP). I went to the site to purchase the new screens, but didn't want to pay $20 delivery for a $5 screen package.

When I asked if they had a cheaper shipping alternative, they told me "no", then threw in a free pack and just mailed it to me. Have to say, i love them for that.

Indica Dive

Hey guys, for those of you who use the alfa daily, how often do you clean it? and does the mouth piece get hot when you use it?

Indica Dive,

vapeape77

Hey guys, for those of you who use the alfa daily, how often do you clean it? and does the mouth piece get hot when you use it?

If you use Alfa once twice a day I think you can get away with cleaning once a week, but also depends if you are packing it full and how dense and resiny the bud is. Mouth piece doesn't get hot imo.

Am I the only one out there who prefers no screen at all? Just pack nugs tight at bottom hole never a problem of bits going in mouth here. I guess if your weed isn't very sticky then hard to pack it so tight and the bits would get in.

Oh yeah one other thing the glass mflb stem is perfect to fit the mouth piece. Now all I need is it in black. Ed has it Covered!
http://www.edstnt.com/index_files/Magicflightlaunchboxwoodvaporstems.htm?

Last edited:

Samantha

Hi there!

After reading all the good feedback I also got one :) Before I use it, I have two questions about things that worry me. Maybe someone can help me out? I made some dry test runs. First observation is that the unit gets really hot. Does this match your experience? The other one is, I noticed that it has a rather strong smell like "electronics that get hot". You know what I mean? Is this normal/does this go away?

Thank you!
Sam

Samantha,

MisterCorey

Hi there!

After reading all the good feedback I also got one :) Before I use it, I have two questions about things that worry me. Maybe someone can help me out? I made some dry test runs. First observation is that the unit gets really hot. Does this match your experience? The other one is, I noticed that it has a rather strong smell like "electronics that get hot". You know what I mean? Is this normal/does this go away?

Thank you!
Sam
Hey Sam,

Yeah the device does get rather hot after prolonged use, I usually just hold it up the top where the dial is with my finger tips and it's fine. As for the smell I haven't noticed any i'm afraid :S but then again my sense of smell is a bit crap.

MisterCorey,

Samantha

Hi MisterCorey,

thanks for the feedback. I am a bit worried that my unit might be defective. what does qualify as a "prolonged" use? My unit is uncomfortably hot right after one session with 10 Minutes. Maybe I should send it back? I also don't like the "electronics" smell.

Thank you,
Sam

Samantha,

Justpassedu

Hi MisterCorey,

thanks for the feedback. I am a bit worried that my unit might be defective. what does qualify as a "prolonged" use? My unit is uncomfortably hot right after one session with 10 Minutes. Maybe I should send it back? I also don't like the "electronics" smell.

Thank you,
Sam
Samantha according to goboof they a shipping me out a new Alfa but from what I remember when using it once was that it def gets really hot. I believe that could be normal. It should t get hot enough to burn you but def hot enough to feel some heat coming through.

Justpassedu,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's definitly the stealthier vape I own since it fits so well in my palm and since it needn't any specific attention(as regard to the draw), I used it in public many, many times and nobody gave attention but I stayed on low setting to avoid smell and large clouds.

I like to fill it with a bud broken by hand, it comes pretty dark as out my HA2.2 (completly browned, tottally vaped!) and about taste it is the king, only the ESV can match (and maybe better) the Alfa taste in the portable category,imo (for me the MV is not in the portable category).

I thought Goobof was planning a concentrate system for the Alfa...if it can deliver the same taste quality with concentrates it will be amazing!

I would like to see a capsule or bullet system for easier loading and to carry some bowls ready to vape!

The Alfa is The better vape for on the go vaping!

Samantha

Thx for the feedback, Justpassedu :)!

I decided to send the unit back, because of my "smell" problem. I hope that it is just a problem with this special unit and not with the alpha in general, because I like the design so much :). Interestingly there is no shipping addresse on their returnspolicy page. It just says "(Return details to follow on official product launch date)". :)) . Can someone tell me the address? I have to send it by tomorrow to be in their 14 days return window. I asked them directly but I do not know how fast their cusotmer service will answer my message.

Frodo

I too have a question about cleaning the Unit that a more experienced "Stoner" can/could answer.....anywho when using a pipe cleaner to run it up and through the unit which type should I use??? Because.......there are regular pipe cleaners(which are soft without the metal bristles running through it)and then there are the pipe cleaners which have wire throughout so it does a better job of cleaning by reaming the sides as it is pulled through!!!

Anyone's assistance would surely be appreciated as I do not want to damage the product by using the pipe cleaners with the wire bristles...Thanx in advance!!!

Take care.....Frodo

Severmore

I too have a question about cleaning the Unit that a more experienced "Stoner" can/could answer.....anywho when using a pipe cleaner to run it up and through the unit which type should I use??? Because.......there are regular pipe cleaners(which are soft without the metal bristles running through it)and then there are the pipe cleaners which have wire throughout so it does a better job of cleaning by reaming the sides as it is pulled through!!!

Anyone's assistance would surely be appreciated as I do not want to damage the product by using the pipe cleaners with the wire bristles...Thanx in advance!!!

Take care.....Frodo

Hi Frodo,
I clean my Alfa with several q-tips and 91%-99% Isopropyl Alcohol. To clean out the air path, I strip all the cotton (every last bit, kinda a PITA) off of both ends of a q-tip, leaving only the solid paper stick (some brands are slightly thicker than others and may not fit into the SS tube). I then wet a small ball of cotton with ISO, place it in the bowl side of the air path tube and "ram" it through with the q-tip stick towards the mouthpiece. Repeat as necessary. Reclaim and purify the gold if you so wish. I then clean the bowl and mouthpiece region with a q-tip dipped in ISO. I find the bowl easier to clean after a bringing the unit up to high temp when empty and then shutting it off.

Woodeeewood

Has anyone else had trouble with shipping to the US? I ordered mine a week ago but it's held up in US customs. They say they need a better description of the package and an address from which it was shipped. I'm scared I wasted 200 bucks on nothing here.

Woodeeewood,

Justpassedu

Has anyone else had trouble with shipping to the US? I ordered mine a week ago but it's held up in US customs. They say they need a better description of the package and an address from which it was shipped. I'm scared I wasted 200 bucks on nothing here.

I am awaiting my Alfa replacement. I had customs actually call me this morning about the package. They asked me the value of what was inside the package. i stated the cost and also stated it was a free replacement for warranty coming from them. The lady said thank you and if all goes well you should have your package in 1-3 day's . I am really hoping i don't have a issue as it has been since December now that i paid for a Alfa and have not had 1 .

Woodeeewood

Hmmm...not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. Haha. Well I called FedEx directly and talked to them but the US customs agent on the case wasn't available. I tried explaning to them what it was and they weren't understanding, so I said it's like an Ecig and they said that would need FDA approval. So I backtracked on that statement real quick. I also emailed goboof. If everything would have went smoothly, I was suppose to receive it today. I'll keep you updated on what happens tho. Update already: goboof has emailed me back already, they said they would contact FedEx and get back to me.

Woodeeewood,
Reactions: VegNVape

Justpassedu

Hmmm...not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. Haha. Well I called FedEx directly and talked to them but the US customs agent on the case wasn't available. I tried explaning to them what it was and they weren't understanding, so I said it's like an Ecig and they said that would need FDA approval. So I backtracked on that statement real quick. I also emailed goboof. If everything would have went smoothly, I was suppose to receive it today. I'll keep you updated on what happens tho. Update already: goboof has emailed me back already, they said they would contact FedEx and get back to me.
Well that leads me to believe we may have a problem now. I would have never told them what was in there besides saying it is a Aroma therapy device as it is. You could have just caused us both to not get our Alfa's. Here is to hoping goboof calls and handles the issue.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Kief

Frodo

Severmore, Thanx for your response to my query and how you deal with cleaning the unit...will give it a go when I need to give it a cleaning!!!

Take care.....Frodo

Woodeeewood

right....:mental:
I really hope that is not the case. Mine is in New Jersey customs. Is that where yours is too justpassed? Even if I screwed myself, I really don't think it would effect your shipment any. But that's just my opinion. I'll keep my fingers crossed that goboof comes thru for us. I just hope they have better luck getting someone from FedEx on the phone then I did. I worry they won't try as hard as me.

Woodeeewood,

2 Paces

I got my warranty replacement Alfa from Gotvape on Saturday, exactly two weeks after I shipped it back.

They actually had it for over a week before they shipped me a new one. They promised to ship a new one immediately upon receipt of mine because it was a known defect that couldn't be fixed. But I called them 5 days after they received mine and they hadn't shipped yet. Again they promised to ship immediately. Four days later I called again and they had not shipped. They shipped the new unit the next day.

So I can't complain, but I would suggest keep calling them if you have a warranty claim in. Squeaky wheel definitely seems to get the grease in their case.

Very happy to have an Alfa again. Works great, and I noticed that the temperature wheel has much stiffer action than my first one. I don't know if that was just the unit I got, but the earlier one had a very loose wheel. I love the stiffer wheel. My first unit turned on much too easily in my pocket, whereas the new one takes more effort to move the wheel.

Last edited:
2 Paces,

Severmore

I really hope that is not the case. Mine is in New Jersey customs. Is that where yours is too justpassed? Even if I screwed myself, I really don't think it would effect your shipment any. But that's just my opinion. I'll keep my fingers crossed that goboof comes thru for us. I just hope they have better luck getting someone from FedEx on the phone then I did. I worry they won't try as hard as me.
I think it'll be all good. Hopefully just a minor hiccup in transit. Let us all know how you like your new Alfa.

Severmore,

Woodeeewood

I think it'll be all good. Hopefully just a minor hiccup in transit. Let us all know how you like your new Alfa.
Yes! I think you are right. Checked package status this morning and it looks like my Alfa is on its way now. I guess goboof did come thru for me. Hopefully I get it before end of week!! Been back to combustion last two week since my pax gave out and it sucks.

nckrk123

After doing a ton of research, I recently decided on purchasing my first vaporizer. I decided on the Goboof Alfa and I received it yesterday and gave it a full charge. Today, I went to use it and I put it on the medium setting and the light was blinking green continuously and the vaporizer did not heat up. I proceeded to try all of the other settings and the same thing happened. It just blinks green and never heats up. Am I missing something or did I receive a defective unit?

Edit: I purchased the vape directly from Goboof.

nckrk123,

Woodeeewood

After doing a ton of research, I recently decided on purchasing my first vaporizer. I decided on the Goboof Alfa and I received it yesterday and gave it a full charge. Today, I went to use it and I put it on the medium setting and the light was blinking green continuously and the vaporizer did not heat up. I proceeded to try all of the other settings and the same thing happened. It just blinks green and never heats up. Am I missing something or did I receive a defective unit?

Edit: I purchased the vape directly from Goboof.
Have you contacted goboof yet? Might wanna try that asap. They seem to respond really quickly.

Woodeeewood,

nckrk123

Have you contacted goboof yet? Might wanna try that asap. They seem to respond really quickly.
I've sent them an email. Hopefully they will get back to me soon with a possible solution. I mean, I didn't even get to try this thing. It was defective right out of the box. Just sucks after doing all this research and waiting and now I have to wait even longer.

nckrk123,
Top Bottom