Air Path Purity

stinkmeaner

toxicc said:
We can compare that to baby bottles. It was "safe" for decades, but it is now well known that BPA leaches from the plastic to the milk, and creates hormone imbalances when injested. There is a lot of "food safe" products that are in fact toxic, like aspartame wich is proven to cause cancer. In a world where corruption and money reign, it is legitimate to question safety of some products and to research ourselves. The FDA is not there to protect us.

If we used this theory then nothing would be safe because technically anything can be proven unsafe in the future.

Revvy said:
stinkmeaner said:
There are people who have been hooked up to breathing machines and oxygen tanks with silicone tubing for their whole lives 24 hours a day, so think about this: An average human being takes 21,600 breaths per day so if only 20-30 inhaled breaths are from vapor I can guarantee that it is not going to make any difference. The chances of us being in the hospital on oxygen is pretty high so I wonder what people will do if they don't want to use silicone, die? The national average hospital stay is 5 days, so that would be 108,000 breaths so if you were on oxygen that means 108,000 inhales through the tubing and let's assume the average vaporist takes an average of 30 inhales per day that would mean the 5 days on oxygen would equal to 3,600 days of vaporizing, almost 10 years worth.
Are you really asserting that the safety of a material at ~60-100F(Cold hospital to fevered body temp) is comparable to its safety at temperatures half an order of magnitude higher?
The silicone in the volcano is not subjected to a great about of heat since it is before the heat exchanger, my arguments are pretty cut and dry, there is more proof in everyday use that silicone is safe if used in the right environment, like I said, people are sometimes hooked up to silicone for their whole lives so taking a few hits from a silicone whip is the least of our worries. Just look at the statistics.

Revvy said:
I've not seen this test myself and am having trouble finding it online. Where was it published? Who preformed it?

Storz & Bickel tested the Volcano Vaporizer at the Leiden University in the Netherlands, here is a link.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16637053
http://www.about.leiden.edu/

This is not the most though statement but it is the best we got, so you can beat a dead horse or you can accept them. If you are still worried then your option would be to have a product tested yourself or just stay away from vaporizing all together because it is common sense that inhaling anything into your lungs besides clean air is not ideal and surely sticky vapor is not what are bodies are designed for.
Sometimes you just have to determine an acceptable risk and live with it. :peace:

stinkmeaner,

OO

Technical Skeptical
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
like i said watch movie sweet misery, its on google video, & has interviews with doctors/scientists involved whistleblowers & others http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6551291488524526735
i said credible.

i've only watched 7 minutes in, and haven't seen any strong arguments yet, and we just had the first person say "it's a chemical not a natural product." which is silly termage that is highly influential among organic fans who for the most part know nothing of chemical processes, and it pains me to hear people say such things because it makes them sound so stupid.

i'll keep watching though in hopes that there is a decent argument presented.

OO,

Revvy

ha the ada receive lots money from jd serle monsanto monsantofilm.com makers of aspartame, the only way it got approved was rumsfeld got reagan to fire old fda chief, then nu fda chief went against his scientific advisory board, approved aspartame then later in the yr quit & went to werk for jd serle
The American Dental Association approved aspartame because it promotes less tooth decay than regular saccharides :p

But really, the FDA's decision to approve aspartame was reviewed a decade after approval by the Government Accountability Office and found that normal process was followed correctly. Aspartame has been deemed safe in over ninety countries, including the entire EU. Aspartame has been extensively studied and no link to adverse health effects has been found.

MSG has been found to cause lesions in the brain of infant mice given dosages ten times that beyond normal human consumption. Scientists are split on if primates(Including ourselves) are less susepitable to brain lesions as infant mice. If you were to put the equivalent amount of MSG on a meal, it would be completely inedible. MSG does not build up in the body and is very quickly digested. In fact, the rapid rate of digestion is actually what causes problems in mice. MSG has not been shown to have negative effects in human consumption, including infants.

Revvy,
http://www.sweetremedy.tv/pages/rumsfeld.html Dr. Blaylock, I think readers know the basics of both MSG and aspartame, but can you review what you've already written about excitotoxins?

Dr. Russell Blaylock: I have three books. The first one is the excitotoxin book, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills," and the latest one is "Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life." The third one is "Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients," which is directed at nutritional treatments for cancer. It contains some material about aspartame and MSG. sum gud info here http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html o & oo referred a ada( ameri diabetic assoc) article so not dental :)

Modnote: Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Revvy

stinkmeaner said:
The silicone in the volcano is not subjected to a great about of heat since it is before the heat exchanger, my arguments are pretty cut and dry, there is more proof in everyday use that silicone is safe if used in the right environment, like I said, people are sometimes hooked up to silicone for their whole lives so taking a few hits from a silicone whip is the least of our worries. Just look at the statistics.
Oh, I agree that silicon is most likely safe for use in a vaporizer and the tar from vaporization is almost certainly much worse. Nothing wrong with your conclusion, just the presentation/solidity of the argument :)

Revvy said:
Aah. While I haven't looked at this specific study before, I've seen others like it. By the abstract, they're only testing for the normal byproducts of burning cannabis. Basically that vaporizing weed is an effective means of delivering THC that produces less carcinogens. They didn't test for silicon, which must be done specifically(PDF if you'd like a little detail on testing for silicon vapor).

http://www.sweetremedy.tv/pages/rumsfeld.html Dr. Blaylock, I think readers know the basics of both MSG and aspartame, but can you review what you've already written about excitotoxins?

Dr. Russell Blaylock: I have three books. The first one is the excitotoxin book, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills," and the latest one is "Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life." The third one is "Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients," which is directed at nutritional treatments for cancer. It contains some material about aspartame and MSG. sum gud info here http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html o & oo referred a ada( ameri diabetic assoc) article so not dental :)
The good Dr. Baylock is a man trying to sell you something. The entire "interview" is a sales pitch.

Dr. Blaylock: I have a newsletter. It's www.BlaylockReport.com. It's by subscription, but you can buy individual newsletters. You don't have to get the whole year. It's issued monthly, for $3.98 a piece. It covers everything.

That entire site is a sham.

Revvy,
if u think aspartame msg thats ant poison, puts holes in brain, is ok, or not as bad its up tu u? there's testimony frum doctors/lawyers fda whistler blowers in the movie sweet misery on google video. perhaps ask yourself if u have any vested interest/ties to big pharma/med/food/chem industry, u may have even slightly, people have gotten sick from these products & gotten well when they were avoided. then gotten sick again if accidently taken so perhaps small percentage of sensitive people dunno?sorry bak to air path purity one wuv bud toasters & vapexhale clouds soon :p o yeah larry hagman, JR from Dallas TV show is on the updated sweet remedy movie(kinda not as ez to find to watch tho) saying he wants to corner market on stevia a natural equal alternative cool

Modnote: Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.

Last warning.

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm... There's no doubt in my mind that the customer's acceptance of various materials would happen to vary widely if we were to organize a survey. Only, the thread's initial intent was not to probe the customers.

It seems on one side we have future buyers with personal variable-level preferences/priorities, on the other we face an industry which appears to have its own set of criterias.

All i'm saying is that in my opinion there's a lack of equilibrium when one company asks hundreds of dollars for their product while providing little if any information at all which potential customers would find relevant/useful in that context.

The point is not about silicone being safe or not. It's simply that IF there is silicone present then i, the customer, want to be informed (and eventually educated) about it before i even consider spending such kind of money!

Egzoset,

2clicker

Observer
Egzoset said:
The point is not about silicone being safe or not. It's simply that IF there is silicone present then i, the customer, want to be informed (and eventually educated) about it before i even consider spending such kind of money!

this also shows that if a vape company were to do legitimate testing on the possible health risks... that they would probably do really well. health and well being is probably the largest money making market today. if a company came along and showed that they will do whats necessary to provide safe products... that it would go a long way with the customers.

just seems like a void in the industry that someone is going to tap into. its weird cuz the vape companies are all using the fact that vaping is much healthier than smoking, but it stops there.

but anyway, there is absolutely no proof that MJ smoke alone causes any serious health issues... and vaping is def much cleaner than that. i guess im just saying that i agree to your point about the vape companies informing us of any health risks, but those risks are likely to be very small i would think.

im no scientist or doctor tho... :D

2clicker,

OO

Technical Skeptical
silicone tubing is made from the same thing as caulk and tits.

OO,

minuteman420

Stinkmeaner has a point, vapor tubing is much safer than hospital tubing. In hospitals there's lots of risks.

Read up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosocomial_infection

Also remember that alot of bacteria in the hospital are resistant to antibiotics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA
It's not the only one, species are increasing more and more.

The fact of the matter is that infections in hospitals do happen, and yes, people die because of them. The risk is very small with vaporizers, the risk in hospitals is much higher.

To be on the safe side, clean out your vaporizer every once in a while. I have the E and i know it's not tha tbad to take apart, blow some compressed air into it every once in a while to get any dust or any trapped particles out. Vaporizers with filters would be much safer.

minuteman420,

Egzoset

Banned
Salvia divinorum is said to imply high potency & temperature, in clear this plant can lead to widely variable (maybe even unpredictable) results while it requires intense heat at the same time. The use of bags may seem appropriate for someone contemplating its safe vaporization and yet the need to manage with such heat could be interpreted as a matter of air "purity", which is nothing more than a consequence of the initial objective under these circumstances. Being an "air purist" wouldn't be the goal here, i believe, and i can easily imagine why.

Egzoset,

vapormonkey

We should start a vaping religion and call it "Paths to Purity" The art and quest of the perfect vape.

vapormonkey,

Egzoset

Banned
I know exactly the perfect official colour for our "Paths to Purity" church:

[h]INFRA-RED[/h]

:cool:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom