AEON Glass by jhanpixel

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Received my piece yesterday and it has already gotten much use! Haven't had the chance to take pics or anything but they will come.

My piece shipped quick and it arrived in perfect condition (took me a bit to get all the bubble wrapping off!)

I definitely recommend Jhan to anyone looking for a nice piece of glass, and I will be back for more eventually! Thanks again Jhan!:D
Just out of interest, how tall is your can? I think you got the Circ UFO bubbler didn't you? Mine is nearly 6 inches, but it is quoted as 4.5". Not a big deal but does change the volume obviously.

Just wondered what yours measured?

Cheers

GSH,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Are you including the base with your measurements?
No without the base...from the bottom of the can where the showerhead is bridged to the top of the can where the dewar joint is

bnUPQby.jpg

Last edited:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Why not ? One different bubbler maker for each hour of the day. I'm testing out that air flow on the UFO, super easy killer hits, no drag. Already a classic in my collection, the perfect everyday, casual piece. Stable, comfy, tasteful, super easy to clean

Last edited:

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Why not ? One different bubbler maker for each hour of the day. I'm testing out that air flow on the UFO, super easy killer hits, no drag. Already a classic in my collection, the perfect everyday, casual piece. Stable, comfy, tasteful, super easy to clean

Good to hear cause I just ordered that UFO myself. Looking forward to putting her through her paces.

SnidelyWhiplash

Jhanpixel: I am fairly determined to get a piece from you, I love the clear, clean and functional style. I'm a chef, and I don't give a fuck about anything except functionality. Your pieces seem to function and allow you to see your vapor. Personally I find them more attractive then many worked pieces. Love it.

Question: I keep asking you about pieces on ioffer, trying to choose my first purchase from you for the cloud. Do you do custom pieces? Or do you want to stick to pre-planned models?

What I am imaging to be perfect would be a 7mm version of this (12incher): But with a angled mouth piece so I can see my milky bottle clearly. Might be best to angle the bowl too so the cloud has the required clearance.

Possibly a cyclone or another disk, really I'm not experienced enough to know if that will make the vapor better or worse!

I wonder if these style pieces have enough clearance for the cloud as is? Can you answer that, would it help if I measured the clearance for you or do you have access to one? )

12-96-hole-hd-honeycomb-disc-perc-water-pipe-stackage-720b.jpg

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the great work!

SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
i prefer selling models that we have already --- because it gives the average customer max value.

that being said i am open to custom orders but because of the nature of customs they are usually more expensive so i try to steer prospective buyers away from that if there is an existing model that will meet their needs.

regarding the cloud, i think but im not sure a top loading bubbler would work better than a standard stemless tube where clearance may be an issue.

if you are dead set on a tube i'm sure we could just make the stemless more angled out or pulled out so it will clear your vape.

as i'm not big into the VAPing scene i'll leave the opinions to other members who are better informed regarding that subject.

also GHS and others recently we made our circ bub a bit taller

we got a shipment of longer dewars so we just went w. it and made a taller can and slighty wider base to compensate

SnidelyWhiplash

Got it, great to know you will do custom for more $$. As per top loading-vs side, I would assume side might be choice because its what VapeXhale is selling as their hydrotube alternate, if Stonemokey is pushing it, it must hit like a king:
vape_devastator_1_large.png
I currently have a US tubes - tube with attached-fuzed side/ashcatcher and the clearance is perfect. Hits really well, its just too big. I want something with more of a transparent draw; I want to work less hard to get monster milky hits. Perhaps the 12inch beaker is my best choice, I only fear that it requires too much water and therefore makes the draw/drag more stiff...
12-wubbler-stemline-beaker-7mm-super-thick-water-pipe-ea6b.jpg

Last edited:
SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: 421

SnidelyWhiplash

Right, that brings it down to 2 possible pieces or a customization - the 14inch double honeycomb, or the 12 inch single. So lets determine how much customization if any is needed.

Here is the clearance on the actual cloud: (one inch)
6Fc37nZ.jpg

Here is the clearance needed by my bong because of the ripples in the tube: (1.3 inches)
z5W7hYi.jpg

Are we good to go, or will that need to be customized on the 12 or 14 incher? And can you make a curved mouthpiece. What would the customized version of the 12 cost (angled mouthpiece, possibly extended side). I am also curious how much more it would cost to make it 7mm if that's even a possibility.

Thanks brother, zeroing in on my next piece.

Here is a shot of it on my US tube (dirty, sorry folks). BARELY fits but that is ideal.

zsYdIXM.jpg

P.S. Another possibility would be this with a female stem instead of male.. but I am really looking for a milker, I have a hydrotube already for light hits:
8-hd-honeycomb-disc-oil-rig-bubbler-water-pipe-3ef6.jpg

Last edited:

SnidelyWhiplash

Is it me or is the stem already angled on this one?
14-2-x-96-hole-hd-honeycomb-disc-perc-water-pipe-stack-aea5.jpg

The more I look, the more this makes sense (14 inch), good bubbles, milking chamber, enough clearance for the cloud on both sides. The only thing that could make it better would be a curved mouthpiece for my lazy ass. Anyway, let me if this has the 1.1 inch clearance from the inside edge of the stem to the tube, and I might just grab it. Would love to know how much more for a curvey mouthpiece though...

SnidelyWhiplash

Really cool, another great artist for me to check out! But... That isn't quite stemless, the stem under the honeycomb will increase the draw stiffness. I want to try 100% stemless honeycomb for transparent draw with the cloud. He does have a similar one with honeycomb to turbine. But I have no experience with those and how they affect the draw. Anyone know?

SnidelyWhiplash,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
What I am imaging to be perfect would be a 7mm version of this (12incher): But with a angled mouth piece so I can see my milky bottle clearly.

You'll actually be able to see your milk easier with a straight neck. With a bent you might not see it at all, unless you twist your head 45-90 degrees while hitting (the "makeout" bubbler draw) or some other weirdness. The bent-neck ergonomics are definitely better, though, if you don't need to look, and you're also less likely to accidentally drool into the mouthpiece on longer draws (for tube-style mouthpieces).

As per top loading-vs side, I would assume side might be choice because its what VapeXhale is selling as their hydrotube alternate, if Stonemokey is pushing it, it must hit like a king:
vape_devastator_1_large.png

Both the ash-catcher and main bubbler are top input, with the Devastator. The ash-catcher being offset doesn't count as "side" input. Top is generally preferred for the Cloud as it places the weight of the vape over the centre of gravity of the piece, making for a much more stable arangement. Some side-input pieces with smaller bases have balance issues once the weight of an electrical appliance is added to their input rather than a small glass bowl, though anything will work as long as it has enough clearance, and you're aware of potential balance issues and nurse things appropriately. Top input can make for relaxed, one-handed (or no-handed) use, though.

Anyway, long story short, it sounds like you want the Colie honeycomb to turbine tube you just mentioned. Jhan does great work too, but for a high output vape like a Cloud I think that honey-turbine option offers the best balance of high diffusion and reasonably large volume for the lowest price (especially with the 20% FC discount Andy gives), plus a really wide, stable base.

Last edited:

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
My Sidecar UFO perc came in today. I'm not going to post vids or pics since there are plenty of that piece already. I'll just say that it is a very nice piece. Clean, hits smooth and it's very sturdy. I also am very happy that the can is taller. I don't think I would have liked it any smaller.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Stylistically, they remind me a lot of that little Mothership oil rig with the wacky integrated custom nail/bucket thing. But without the basket, obviously. Your base isn't as gratuitously thick, and yours come with a variety of perc options, but there's a lot of common styling cues between the two.

However, I'm betting these are a LOT less than $500-700 each. :p

Last edited:
Anonymouse,
Reactions: Roger D

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
yea that piece looks like it has a bit more work in it, not sure what that dome/pivot is but if its glass , looks complicated.

and yea its got that nice stubby base - sweet

redglassgallery,

Throwie

Been looking at this iOffer all day trying to decide what new piece I want. Quite hard to find a decently made piece that will ship to Australia.

I'll be mainly vaping with my LSV with the occasional combustion here or there, prefer something bigger than 12" but having never tried anything other than a diffused downstem in my EHLE and a crappy black leaf inline with a tree perc :\, I'm not too sure what kind of perc I want. Any suggestions?

Also is there a huge difference between the "Double Hd Cut Disc" and the 96x2 honeycomb, which would be better for vaping with an LSV?

Throwie,

jimbo23

Been looking at this iOffer all day trying to decide what new piece I want. Quite hard to find a decently made piece that will ship to Australia.

I'll be mainly vaping with my LSV with the occasional combustion here or there, prefer something bigger than 12" but having never tried anything other than a diffused downstem in my EHLE and a crappy black leaf inline with a tree perc :\, I'm not too sure what kind of perc I want. Any suggestions?

Also is there a huge difference between the "Double Hd Cut Disc" and the 96x2 honeycomb, which would be better for vaping with an LSV?

You can't go wrong with the cyclone ratchet. Everyone who steps to mine falls in LOVE. I own 3 Jhan pieces and the Ratchet is the favorite among all. If the ratchet is not in your budget, the second runner up in my home is the 12 arm dewar.

jimbo23,
Reactions: ou812?

ou812?

You can't go wrong with the cyclone ratchet. Everyone who steps to mine falls in LOVE. I own 3 Jhan pieces and the Ratchet is the favorite among all. If the ratchet is not in your budget, the second runner up in my home is the 12 arm dewar.

Great advice I too own 3 of Jhans pieces and the cyclone ratchet is with out a doubt the home-run king, and will knock you out of the park, big can to fill with vapor or if your combusting, I didnt get the dewar 12 arm but scored the uber joint version and I cant say enough good about it either built like a tank and such diffusion !! I also have a side car UFO S.H. and that too is impeccable as are all of his pieces.Honestly,you wont find that type of work ANYWHERE for what this man asks.I would tell anyone that his pics and vids are great but do not do TRUE justice for his work, when you hold em in real time, and then use them ..then you really feel and understand that you just did exceptionally well buying this artists work IMO!!
Dont think you will find many that disagree.
Look around there are others here as well that do very nice work too, but if you have doubts about his work I hope myself and others have put confidence in your purchase if you are to go w/Jhans work.

ou812?,
Top Bottom