Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Deleted Member 1643

It would be nice to fill up a non-leaky tank with a gram of co2 oil and be able to vape it down to almost-empty and have the vapor be satisfactory and convenient.

Indeed. UP Tech's ceramic donut atomizer includes a black, porous ceramic wick to load more oil. May work with similar atomizers. Good flavor first few hits. Looking forward to UP Tech's new Hercules build with native 510 compatibility.

I'm also pleased to read that it is compatible with the vaporesso cCell coils, so I have a 5 pack of their 0.2 ohm ni200 coils on the way for TC use on any of my fleet of mods, haven't decided on which one to use yet, maybe the pico.

Love ceramic coils in Ceramikas. Different design. (Also impressed with Vaporesso.) Started on 45 W as suggested, probably went up too soon, backed down. Variable voltage may be better for ceramic coils, but variable power seems fine. Curious to compare, if you have both at hand.

I have found out I am allergic to either VG, PG, or both. It seems to make my throat/tonsil swell up and get irritated with repeated exposure. Soo... just pure co2 for me, no room for fillers.

Agreed. Ever try Health Stone? What about 100% VG diluted with water (or saline)? Little irritation.

Hyphy

1:10 ratio, nice. I'm doing 1:7 now and planning 1:10 next batch.

Wow, really? That's a super low concentration. Am I missing something?

My last batch was 1:3 (1g + 3 drops EJ + 3mL PG) and it seems great for flow, compared to my last 1:2 batch.

Hyphy,

randomtoker

Higher dilutions... Could there be another way?

Method: 2 ounces spent QWET material in 2 cups VG. (Already pulled tasty oil.) MB2e, 8 hours, 130 F. Recovered 1 cup. Filtered through coffee filter. Vaped in Ceramikas.

Mild effects, but effects nonetheless. Similar report. Seemed like it couldn't work, but worth a try with "waste" material.

Soon began tasting burnt. Diluted as per badkittysmiles (EtOH, distilled water). Vapes solid. Mild enough for clouds from the Ceramikas. So much easier than PG + PEG. But also weaker.

Still tastes like that second bag from the dry herb vaporizer. Which is to be expected. Maybe stronger effects and better flavor from first-run material? Could make a fine between dabs, session vape. Also, fresh material can be extracted into the same VG to maximize concentration.

Waste still has activity. Very sedating. Need better filtration for VG.

Can't concentrate VG, but it's decarbed - so lick clean, add to drinks, whatever. Won't decarb first-run material.

So stony.

Soaking decarbed pot in VG is the first way I heard of people making THC liquid (some 20 minute youtube video from a kid in the UK). I've never tried it. I was going to, but then I came across the concentrate method and it's just simpler for me. Cool report, thanks for posting! Good to know it worked with 'leftovers'. Worth trying with ABV or Rosin chips maybe also.

Thanks for posting this up for us. I was looking for this kind of info about filling up a RTA with some good, runny style, non-diluted co2 oil and I'm looking for some tips so I can avoid any newbie mistakes.

I have a couple of eleaf melo III mini 2ml tanks that came with my new pico's. I have been doing 100% of my dabbing on the divine tribe ceramic donut for a long time, but one of my main issues with that atomizer (which is great overall IMO) is its need for frequent reloading for proper usage. It would be nice to fill up a non-leaky tank with a gram of co2 oil and be able to vape it down to almost-empty and have the vapor be satisfactory and convenient.

So I'm happy to read somewhere in this thread that they were satisfied with the non-leakyness of the MELO tanks. I'm also pleased to read that it is compatible with the vaporesso cCell coils, so I have a 5 pack of their 0.2 ohm ni200 coils on the way for TC use on any of my fleet of mods, haven't decided on which one to use yet, maybe the pico.

Can anyone offer me any tips or info on loading pure co2 oil into this tank, and maybe any info on wicking / breaking in the ceramic coil, and what watts / temps to use? I plan on using a built in TC-Ni curve, maybe improvements can even be made with these coils on a custom TCR settings?

And BTW, I've browsed through this thread since it seems the closest one to my current project here. All your guys work in the custom mixes and the ability to put BHO in a tank is interesting, but unfortunately for me, I have found out I am allergic to either VG, PG, or both. It seems to make my throat/tonsil swell up and get irritated with repeated exposure. Soo... just pure co2 for me, no room for fillers. :D thanks

I've never tried pure oil in a 'big' vape (i.e.: one with a powerful battery and coil and large wick holes and tank). I've tried it in a smaller pen style vape (Aspire K1 style tank) with only partial success. I don't think it would wick well enough on a big setup, and particularly poorly with ceramic wicks. I know some people use pure oil in smaller pen setups though. If you don't want to use the larger gear for what it's meant for (lots of liquid), then there are many ways to just slightly dilute it and use it in smaller pens.j

Check out this thread for more info on using non-thinned concentrates in vape gear (jump to the end and skim the last dozen pages or so, that's really the point of that thread: using barely or no mixer):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/my-secret-to-thc-e-cig-pg-liquid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/

Hey everyone, I want to thank randomtoker for writing all this information. Normally, I buy the cartridges from the dispensary and when it’s done I just get a new one. I like using those because I’m on the go a lot and I can pretty much smoke whenever I want to without looking conspicuous in public. So my friend just gave me his old vape pen (Aspire CF mod) that he normally uses for nicotine ejuice. I was using it with the regular nicotine, but then realized that it hits and works similarly to the e-cig. So I came with the idea of mixing concentrate in there with the nicotine ejuice. It didn’t work out well at all (it turned into two different layers) and I wasted a whole gram of shatter L. So I did some searching, came across this thread and totally had no idea you had to actually get a liquid just to do this. Now, I like my mixtures at about a 20% THC, so if I start off with shatter, what liquid do you recommend I get to mix it in with? I tried reading other people’s take but I don’t think any of them addressed the ratios and which product is better.

Hey there. The trick for mixing concentrates with vape juice is using very low VG juice (or no VG, just pure PG). You can ask at any vape store which of their juices are 100% PG and they would pretty much work. The mixers that people sell just for mixing concentrate work a lot better because they're partially mixed with PEG400 also so they break down the concentrate even better.

The first post on this thread lists some of the different mixers. There's EJMix and Puff Majic which are mostly plain or flavored. There's also Holy Terp which is mixer with additional cannabis terpenes added for extra pot flavor and aroma. The plain mixers work fine. I like the flavors of the Holy Terp and they have a good price. I'm just going to buy bulk PEG400 and PG and VG next and start mixing my own.

Wow, really? That's a super low concentration. Am I missing something?

My last batch was 1:3 (1g + 3 drops EJ + 3mL PG) and it seems great for flow, compared to my last 1:2 batch.

Ya, I love it thinned down. Between 7:1 and 10:1 is the optimum range for me right now. Seems most appropriate in this gear, the juice vapes through so fast. I don't even vape at high temps. I'm using a 0.4 ohm coil at 20 watts. Tank is done in 4 days or so though. 4-5 puffs and my mind is wandering and I forget what I'm doing. Not getting high enough is not a problem.

Correct my math if I'm wrong here, but if it's 70% THC concentrate then diluting it 10:1 should make each toke ~7% which is like week pot (I'd say most decent pot is 12% - 18%, with top shelf stuff going up to 25%). So it's not really that diluted. I love it. Such a subtle high, it's like you're straight then you're high but you don't even notice when it happens. Like fast edibles or something.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

Soaking decarbed pot in VG is the first way I heard of people making THC liquid (some 20 minute youtube video from a kid in the UK). I've never tried it. I was going to, but then I came across the concentrate method and it's just simpler for me. Cool report, thanks for posting! Good to know it worked with 'leftovers'. Worth trying with ABV or Rosin chips maybe also.

Leftovers work as proof of principle, but flavor leaves something to be desired. Like flavor. Much tastier to suck on a teaspoonful for a minute and swallow.

From 60 g plant material, get 8 ml first-run concentrate. Assuming 15 % THC in plant material, that's 5.6 g THC in the concentrate plus 3.4 g in leftovers. So glycerin extract is only 1% THC. How are effects possible?

Ceramikas tank cracked. :( Loved this thing. Glycerin extract works fine in other atomizers, a different tank and an RDA.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Thanks for the reply!

Indeed. UP Tech's ceramic donut atomizer includes a black, porous ceramic wick to load more oil. May work with similar atomizers. Good flavor first few hits. Looking forward to UP Tech's new Hercules build with native 510 compatibility.

I think these have been discussed a bit over on the divine tribe thread a while back. I think the result was that they did provide for a little more storage capacity over the ceramic donut, but didn't result in a complete vaping of the contents, made a mess, and restricted airflow too much, so basically... not that good. I could be wrong if someone wanted to dig this up... but thanks for the mention. There's plenty of worthwhile vape products out there that I'm not aware of yet, so I'm trying to dig them up. :cool:

Love ceramic coils in Ceramikas. Different design. (Also impressed with Vaporesso.) Started on 45 W as suggested, probably went up too soon, backed down. Variable voltage may be better for ceramic coils, but variable power seems fine. Curious to compare, if you have both at hand.

Cool, there are other ceramic vape coils for RTAs I didn't know about. That's what I'm talkin about! I looked up a little about the ceramikas, and it seems their advantage is being able to produce bigger clouds without sacrificing the great flavor you get with the vaporessos, and the ceramikas have a different fill system? I wasn't able to find out, but the ceramikas are a proprietary brand, correct? So their coils won't work in other brands tanks?

For context here, I'm not a smoker, tobacco user, or juice vaper, I just like pure flowers and unadulterated concentrates, althought I'm familiar with how the box mod and RBA/RTA mod scene has been developing somewhat parallel and separate to the track of other cannabis vaporizers. I love how the divine tribe atomizer has been trying to unite these 2 vape trends, and it makes great use of temp control technologies on the latest generation of mods.

The DT ceramic atomizer kind of saved vaping for me, because I was totally sick and over vaping with wick and coil atomizers, I had been doin that for a while but I ended up being disgusted over the combustion and lack of quality and control of your vape. You can call me a vape snob, but I refuse to vape concentrate on any wick-and-wire vape system, and also on any mod that doesn't have well functioning temp control.

I had also heard about the vaporessos separately a while ago, and I have this MELO tank now that will take their Ni200s... so here I am. They came in the mail early, so I have one loaded up with a G of nice runny style sour diesel co2 oil, 71.66% thc. It seems much thicker than anyone's typical glycerin mix, but hopefully it will move into the big wick holes and vape nicely for me after I let it settle.

I'll try to break it in @ 25w on TC-Ni on my new pico. I've done few "prime" puffs at 220F to try to steep the coils, and I'll wait on it. I'm not going for huge clouds here, but pure, tasty smooth vape far superior to those crappy little unregulated combusto-sticks. If wicking rates are slow and I should wait a few seconds before puffs, that's ok, it will still be quicker than reloading my DT ceramic donut probably.

Agreed. Ever try Health Stone? What about 100% VG diluted with water (or saline)? Little irritation.

Never heard of that... health stone. some sort of hypoallergenic glycerin substitute? VG diluted with water or saline... blegh... haha. :p doesn't sound too tasty, or relevant to my goals, but the brainstorms are appreciated.

But anyways... I got it ready to go, slighltly primed and wicked, I'll let it sit for now and report how it goes tomorrow.

KQABl2Z.jpg

Vape Donkey 650

Hey everyone... just want to report back with the results. Sorry for back to back posts, mr. moderator.

End results: were great. :clap::rockon:Pretty much what I was expecting! I would say the vapor quality was very close to the divine tribe ceramics I'm used too, maybe just a tad bit below. Very slight traces of cotton-ish taste, but way better than any pre-filled cart you've ever tried. I'm sure the sub-ohm temp control is a large part of this, if you wanted to compare to even the ceramic kanthal coil (with no TC). Vapor production capabilities would match or exceed the donut. Again, I'm not going for cloud chasing here, just great vape quality and flavor, and substantial clouds. I could push the clouds further I'm sure, but quality would suffer, so I'm happy with how its performing now.

FYI, here was my procedures and settings I used to get there:

As mentioned, I filled the tank, set the pico to 25w on TC-Ni, and set it to low-200s and briefly pulsed the fire button a few times, drawing softly on the drip tip to draw the co2 oil in the wick. I let it sit for at least 2 hours. You probably don't need to do that long.

Once I felt that was long enough, I bumped the temperature in increments of 10-20 and started taking normal and harder draws on the mouthpiece to draw vapor. In the mid 300's, I started getting wisps of vape and taste, but not much. I ended up getting to 500F, but still not much vape. Finally, I remembered the melo tank has an adjustable airflow vent, and it was wide open. I twisted the other way to close the throttle to minimum, tried again, and finally I had a thick tasty cloud! The air control was key. I later settled at 440F. You get some good tasty vape at 420-430, but you get alot more at 440, 450 already feels too hot and near combustion. It's a narrow range with this coil and co2 oil, apparently, but it's a sweet spot for sure. And the vape sweet spots appears pretty close to vaporesso's guidelines.

Potential downsides: of course, leaking and broken glass and tanks are always a threat, I got more invested inside the tank than the tank and coil itself, so I don't want it to be leaking away precious oil. But no sign of that so far.

Busted coils: the vaporessos are marketed as longer-lasting coil heads, and I'm hoping it to last way longer than normal since my lower-than-normal projected use of this tank. I'm not gonna be having hundreds of puffs a day like a e-juicer, and I have plenty of other vapes to puff on too. But when the inevitable moment comes when this coil shorts or wears out or no longer works, it will take a substantial amount of oil along with it, and it will be a hassle to replace without wasting any possible leftover oil in the tank, and to perform the coil swap without making a sticky mess. I think the wicks on this coil can hold alot, alot more than what I'm used to. Observe, before and after pics of the tank while steeping, yesterday, and today, after wicked and had only a couple dozen puffs or so.

KQABl2Z.jpg[

PmNnDM9.jpg

From that, I'd guesstimate the cotton on the coil can hold at least 0.3g of co2 oil alone. So that would be alot to throw away when it goes out. :( But hopefully it will give me tons of vape and a few refills before that happens :tup:

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

I looked up a little about the ceramikas, and it seems their advantage is being able to produce bigger clouds without sacrificing the great flavor you get with the vaporessos, and the ceramikas have a different fill system? I wasn't able to find out, but the ceramikas are a proprietary brand, correct? So their coils won't work in other brands tanks?

Looks like Ceramikas coil completely encapsulates wire, while some of the wire is exposed in the Vaporesso (judging by pics). Didn't use drip tip filling. Vaporesso coils are compatible with Ceramikas - Ceramikas might be compatible with some of the same tanks.

Waiting on glass, so dissected first coil. Two thin layers of fiber, possibly cotton. Very dirty. Shame it's not possible to replace them easily.

But when the inevitable moment comes when this coil shorts or wears out or no longer works, it will take a substantial amount of oil along with it, and it will be a hassle to replace without wasting any possible leftover oil in the tank, and to perform the coil swap without making a sticky mess.

Great report, thanks, please continue to report any changes with time.

When swapping coils, maybe try to reclaim oil? Soak briefly in EtOH and evaporate? Alternatively, try loading tank with unflavored EJ or similar and take a few puffs to flush any residual oil.

noahkayf

Hey there. The trick for mixing concentrates with vape juice is using very low VG juice (or no VG, just pure PG). You can ask at any vape store which of their juices are 100% PG and they would pretty much work. The mixers that people sell just for mixing concentrate work a lot better because they're partially mixed with PEG400 also so they break down the concentrate even better.

The first post on this thread lists some of the different mixers. There's EJMix and Puff Majic which are mostly plain or flavored. There's also Holy Terp which is mixer with additional cannabis terpenes added for extra pot flavor and aroma. The plain mixers work fine. I like the flavors of the Holy Terp and they have a good price. I'm just going to buy bulk PEG400 and PG and VG next and start mixing my own.

Thanks for the reply randomtoker. That explains the problem that I was having with the ejuice I was using, the VG was probably not mixing properly with the concentrate. I looked at the products that you mentioned as well as your previous posts in the thread you mentioned, and I loved the fact that you're able to customize the mixes you want even with flavors. I find the Holy Terp one pretty interesting in that they are actually adding terpenes into the liquid. I just ordered their "Sampler Kit" with the Pure to mix with my shatter at a 2:1 so I'll see how that goes.

Filhote

Did anyone try Lecithin or Tween 80? I think Sojalecithin helps to stabilice the solventmix.

An other way is a dripper and 2-4 Coils. Now i will try the So horny with 4 NiCr spaced wicks. 2 wicks with e-juice and parallel 2 wicks with high VG juice at one dripper. 40 Watt, .18 Ohm, 2,68 V

(Hash/weed) Concentrate - (peg/pg) Solventmix is 1:7 -1:10 (freshfrozen qwet extraction)

Vape Donkey 650

Looks like Ceramikas coil completely encapsulates wire, while some of the wire is exposed in the Vaporesso (judging by pics). Didn't use drip tip filling. Vaporesso coils are compatible with Ceramikas - Ceramikas might be compatible with some of the same tanks.

Waiting on glass, so dissected first coil. Two thin layers of fiber, possibly cotton. Very dirty. Shame it's not possible to replace them easily.

Thanks, that's good info. Having the coil wire completely encapsulated in cotton is better than exposed, for sure. Same idea as why the divine tribe ceramic makes such great vape: coil wire not exposed, encapsulated by a ceramic donut. I can't easily tell just by looking at the vaporesso. I'm already planning on setting up another tank or 2 with different strains since I like how this works out, so maybe I'll try a ceramika if I can find a coil compatible with a small tank. The large tank of their own brand puts me off for this kind of usage. I'm not aware of RTAs much smaller than 2ml that will take sub-ohm TC coils. This 2ml melo swallowed up my gram, could probably hold 3-4g of pure co2 oil!! :o

I'll watch to see how the cotton holds up, as far as staying clean or dirty. I figure that would take more time and use for that potential problem to show up, but I hope the temp control and un-diluted contents of my tank will help with that.

Great report, thanks, please continue to report any changes with time.

When swapping coils, maybe try to reclaim oil? Soak briefly in EtOH and evaporate? Alternatively, try loading tank with unflavored EJ or similar and take a few puffs to flush any residual oil.

I'm happy to share :) Even more pleased with the great, convenient results with this oil/coil/tank setup so far. My next idea to mess with it may be to hook up the drip tip to my main dab rig and try to see how big a cloud I can grab in 1 hit without harming vape quality.

And another idea for scavenging the oil when the coil dies: remove the cotton, put it in my arizer bowl, and fill up probably a dozen bags of thick creamy co2 oi? :p haha hopefully not too soon ;)

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: NorVape

Deleted Member 1643

nice runny style sour diesel co2 oil

How runny? Fully decarbed QWET might work, but very stoney and little flavor.

Did anyone try Lecithin or Tween 80? I think Sojalecithin helps to stabilice the solventmix.

An other way is a dripper and 2-4 Coils.

Google lecithin, some concern. A quick search finds concern with Tween 80. Maybe triethyl citrate? In some flavors but don't like toxicity data in HSDB. Keeping it simple.

Love the multi-coil approach! Make a real Dutch joint with whole tobacco alkaloids, maybe even naturally extracted tobacco. So nostalgic for Lucky Mothers.

Having the coil wire completely encapsulated in cotton is better than exposed

Not in cotton, in ceramic, more like the ceramic donut but a ceramic cylinder. It might not matter. There are two layers of what I've read is Japanese organic cotton around this. An impressive heating element.

remove the cotton, put it in my arizer bowl, and fill up probably a dozen bags of thick creamy co2 oi?

Works well with PEG-PG juice and cotton wicks from RDAs. Maybe not a dozen, but one or two.

Vape Donkey 650

How runny? Fully decarbed QWET might work, but very stoney and little flavor.

I don't have viscosity ratings, but to describe it verbally, I would say runny as some thin jelly. Doesn't run very quickly at room temperature, but I scraped a little bit of excess co2 oil on a dab tool to put on my DT ceramic atomizer later, and let it sit upright. Maybe 20-30 minutes later, the oil drip had already dribbled maybe 1cm down the tool. This oil came in the little plastic capsules that you cut open at the narrow tapered end, and those containers usually have a runnier type oil.

For comparison, I also like to get co2 oils that sometimes are sold in a syringe, which makes it very easy to dispense on a variety of atomizer types and minimizes wasted oil left behind in your container. I buy this kind when it has a consistency more of regular jelly, or maybe a thin paste. This type of oil really doesn't run at room temp, and I like this kind of co2 oil more for the divine tribe atomizer, because you can load it and let it sit, it will not leak through. The other grade of co2 oil mentioned above will leak through the ventilation holes in the DT atomizer all the way to the 510 thread and be wasted. :( Not good.

Alternatively, the thicker co2 oil in the syringes probably wouldn't lend itself to filling up a tank and settling in and wicking up as easily as the thinner type, but I have not tried it yet.

idEF3FQ.jpg

xEg5Srb.jpg

Not in cotton, in ceramic, more like the ceramic donut but a ceramic cylinder. It might not matter. There are two layers of what I've read is Japanese organic cotton around this. An impressive heating element.

Ooops, yes that is what I meant to say. :D It is better for a coil wire to be encapsulated in ceramic instead of cotton, and I suppose a wire surrounded tightly by cotton would be better than a bare, dry coil wire for vaping liquid-ish-oily substances as well.

Works well with PEG-PG juice and cotton wicks from RDAs. Maybe not a dozen, but one or two.

I'm not sure what the first stuff you say is, but if it can be suspended in a cotton or fibrous susbstance, I'm sure the arizer bowl can vape it. :tup:

And just to estimate the vape output of such recycled vape materials, when I clean out my volcano solid valve, before I change bags, I always scrape out all the oil that has accumulated inside with a knife, then I smear all that oil on some cotton swabs. Those cotton swabs eventually find their way to the arizer eq bowl. I may collect 2 or 3 volcano swab/clean sessions before I vape them, and this could be as much as 0.3-0.5g, it sure looks like alot. Vaping between 390-400F in a 24" bag, I usually fill up 8-10 bags before the vape becomes very thin and I declare it cashed.

This volcano-scrape oil, I have also tried dabbing this on the old crappy micro-skillet atomizers, and also later on the DT ceramic. It works ok, this oil is reasonably tasty and clean, but when dabbing on a load-n'-go style atomizer, this volcano oil will leave a little burnt residue after, since it has a little bit of solid, planty, flowery, kiefy (non-melt) material in it, since it came from the volcano valve.

pf38aii.jpg

Bad Ocelot

I've had decent luck with the small o.pen style carts but have been working on something that would be effective in a larger tank/mod set up as I also vape nicotine ejuice and as such have a ton of that stuff around the house. I have a bunch of CC The Solution & while it works well in the small tanks it doesn't seem well suited to large tanks. Right now I've got some juice I made from reclaim, CC's solution, & VE flavorless. I then diluted with 85/15 vg/pg, and then further diluted with pure vg (PG & PEG irritate my throat quite a bit) & it works quite well in my RDA, though I suspect it might separate in a tank. It has not separated at all in the container in my cabinet though. I definitely need to work on the flavor a bit but proof of concept definitely a success.

Hadn't heard of the ceramikas before, that looks very interesting. I've ordered some of the ceramic coils for the kanger subtank mini, curious if those will work well with cannabis ejuice. I'll be trying them with a hi %age vg nic juice when they arrive, but will keep one reserved for reefer experiments, ha.

JBO

Just curious why your using VE and PG with the CC? Is it just because of separation issues you've had with CC or just to dilute further?

Definitely curious how those kangertech ceramic coils are to! I like the little bit of experience that I've had with the vapresso ccells so far.

Deleted Member 1643

something that would be effective in a larger tank/mod

A maxed-out glycerin extract might be just the thing for a big, cloud-chaser tank. Filtration is difficult. Probably need a tincture press and low-micron nylon mesh bags.

Right now I've got some juice I made from reclaim, CC's solution, & VE flavorless. I then diluted with 85/15 vg/pg, and then further diluted with pure vg (PG & PEG irritate my throat quite a bit) & it works quite well in my RDA, though I suspect it might separate in a tank. It has not separated at all in the container in my cabinet though.

Surprised it hasn't separated. Good luck! Maybe terpenes in The Solution improve solubility in glycerin.

Hadn't heard of the ceramikas before, that looks very interesting.

A love-hate relationship. Flavor is excellent, vape is cool, doesn't leak or spurt. Glass is difficult to replace. Drip-tip fill system is useless. Gets hot to the touch (supposedly anti-spurt valve retains heat - might be helpful for getting glycerin to flow).

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

For more detail: after making the CC solution with added VE I diluted with equal volume 85/15 vg/pg after heating both to about 45C & mixed at high speed for about 5min. This worked fine in the RDA but was a tad harsh & intense flavor-wise. I then added original volume (~1.5mL) 85/15. Flavor was better but still a touch harsh. Thought it might be the pg but I was pretty stoned and put it in the cabinet & didn't touch it for a couple days. It didn't separate at all so I added 1.5mL vg, 2 days later another 1.5mL vg. This was about a week and a half ago & still no separation. Planning on making a slightly larger batch with CC's G-Rilla 13 (& possibly a dash of blueberry) whenever I get a chance as I still have a few grams of reclaim in the freezer.

Just curious why your using VE and PG with the CC? Is it just because of separation issues you've had with CC or just to dilute further?

Definitely curious how those kangertech ceramic coils are to! I like the little bit of experience that I've had with the vapresso ccells so far.

Good extracts are hard to come by here so I've been using reclaim as it's far more expendable, and I think that has led to some unique problems. It tends to stay goopier than an extract would even at a higher dilution than CC suggests, and after a certain point adding more CC makes the flavor unpleasant. Pretty much impossible to syringe out of a mixing vessel with a wide bore industrial syringe as well. The PEG definitely helps in that regard. I initially planned on using an 85/15 vg/pg blend to further dilute but when that held together so well for so long & was still a bit strong flavor-wise I thought why not add straight vg & see what happens. It's still a homogenous opaque green even after diluting with 2x original volume vg & sitting in a cabinet for 2 weeks.

member: 28821 said:
Surprised it hasn't separated. Good luck! Maybe terpenes in The Solution improve solubility in glycerin.

They well may. I also used a mini immersion type blender that spins at around 33000rpm. I initially wanted to get a homogenizer but after pricing those I ended up getting a $15 AAA battery powered coffee stirrer type deal with an eggbeater attachment that has worked fine for my purposes

member: 28821 said:
A love-hate relationship. Flavor is excellent, vape is cool, doesn't leak or spurt. Glass is difficult to replace. Drip-tip fill system is useless. Gets hot to the touch (supposedly anti-spurt valve retains heat - might be helpful for getting glycerin to flow).

Sounds tempting but given the glut of vape gadgetry currently occupying my home I may wait it out for the 2.0 while I mess with the Kanger ceramic coils.

JBO

Good extracts are hard to come by here so I've been using reclaim as it's far more expendable, and I think that has led to some unique problems. It tends to stay goopier than an extract would even at a higher dilution than CC suggests, and after a certain point adding more CC makes the flavor unpleasant. Pretty much impossible to syringe out of a mixing vessel with a wide bore industrial syringe as well. The PEG definitely helps in that regard. I initially planned on using an 85/15 vg/pg blend to further dilute but when that held together so well for so long & was still a bit strong flavor-wise I thought why not add straight vg & see what happens. It's still a homogenous opaque green even after diluting with 2x original volume vg & sitting in a cabinet for 2 weeks.

OK I gotcha, I'm kinda having similar issues as my quality of concentrate is kinda waxy and hasn't really liked to stay mixed with the CC. I ordered a small bottle of unflavored kosher PG from Texas Labs and I'm hoping that adding a couple of drops(hopefully no more than like 5?) Will help my mix stay homogeneous. I can get it clear and it will look like regular Ecig juice but then when I check it in the morning it seems to always be starting to separate and leaving like crystals on the bottom. I even stirred it for 2 hours straight the other night.

JBO,

Deleted Member 1643

@getsoutalive's recipe with reclaim: per gram, add 4 drops PEG400, mix under very gentle heat, dilute with 2.5 mls PG. Tried in RDA. Washed with 1 ml PG. Loaded in Ceramikas.

Very good results, all around. More concentrated solution wicked well in RDA with Ti coil, JOC and TC. More dilute solution shines in Ceramikas. At least as good as pre-mixed products.

Maybe plastic flavor - not sure what others mean by this. Straight PG seems neutral. Need to try PEG400 plus PG alone. Still hot and irritating but tolerable so far.

Glycerin extract hopelessly gunked up Ceramikas coils, even filtered through medium filter paper. Just use a spoon for now.

I'm kinda having similar issues as my quality of concentrate is kinda waxy and hasn't really liked to stay mixed with the CC.

Tried winterizing first?

Last edited:

JBO

Tried winterizing first?

No I haven't, I'm trying to avoid it for now because I only make small batches (2g) and don't want to lose to much concentrate in the process. I'm afraid of only ending up with half of what I started with... I've got a batch woth 1g concentrate to 18 drops of CC that I let dissolve over night then heat with a mini torch and stirred and it is looking good so far and after sitting over night still looks good but I'm going to let it sit at least another night or 2 go make sure nothing happens with it. I think part of my error before was using a container without a lid and just wrapped plastic wrap around it, I believe this let the CC evap overnight and left the crystal.

Cautiously optimistic about this batch so far!

Vape Donkey 650

Hey everyone, I just wanna give an update on the co2 oil in a tank experiment: still going well, but with just a couple minor issues so far. I have since set up a second melo tank + vaporesso 0.2 ohm Ni200 with a different co2 oil, OG kush, this one just 64% instead of 71% for the sour diesel on the first one. Gave both tanks a second gram to look respectable since the wick soaks up so much, apparently.

OZXDOvZ.jpg

So the main issue so far: clogging / spitting

When I pick up either of these vapes after it has sat for a while and I draw on the mouthpiece, it seems the airway is blocked, or clogged, with oil apparently, much of the time. It's not a big deal, all I have to do is click the fire button for a couple seconds, or open up the air throttle and suck, and the airway will open again. If things are warmed up, mid-session, this does not happen, so it's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

When "unclogging" it usually makes a kind of whoosh or poof type noise, and sometimes a little bit of oil will splash up to the inside of the drip tip, not much. I think this kind of buildup is inevitable? This co2 oil also seems to make my lips sticky :p Don't know if it's the type of vape/coil, oil, or just me?

And the other thing that's a bit odd, my first tank I set up with the sour diesel 71% co2 oil, that one's more broken in and vaping beautifully at 410-420F now. However, the other vape with the 64% og kush oil, seems to need a minimum of 460-470F for substantial cloud production, and it's not quite as lush or tasty as the sour diesel, but it's still quite tasty and stony, but maybe harsher for the temps?

I'm not quite comfortable with those temps, and not sure how accurate or representative they are (combustion? :o no!) but maybe I can write it off to the coil still being broken in, or the lower potency of the co2 oil?

Anyways, the concept still seems sound and I'm happy with the results, and I would recommend it to anyone who has access to high grade co2 oils. No leaks so far too! :clap:

JBO

So after letting the mixture sit for over 48 hours in a cabinet I was having the same settling issues. Almost like the concentrate settles and I never fully mixed it( I have mixed this for Atleast a total of 3 hours and resting in between them.)

This is a mixtures of 1g live resin purple alien concentrate, 18 drops CC and 3 drops tex lab kosher PG. And it seems stable so far. I will let it sit for at least 48 hours again plus I finally got my other batch fixed so I will have to empty my tank anyway. I added 10 drops of the PG to my 2g batch and let it sit for 60 hours and it hasn't changed a bit so I think the couple drops of PG is the answer for me.

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

Nice! How is the flavor with that much CC? Considering making another batch soon myself.

What are you stirring with btw? If you're doing it by hand that might've been the cause of your separation issues earlier. Looks like it's pretty stable now though. How's it hold up in a tank after heating?

Bad Ocelot,

JBO

Nice! How is the flavor with that much CC? Considering making another batch soon myself.

What are you stirring with btw? If you're doing it by hand that might've been the cause of your separation issues earlier. Looks like it's pretty stable now though. How's it hold up in a tank after heating?

It's a little to much CC ( a tad harsh at times) but I can still taste my concentrate so it's not bad. I'm gonna cut back to probably like 11 drops CC now that I use PG so I can keep more of the flavor because I can't pick up any taste from the PG. It's seems like 3 to 5 drops of PG per 1g concentrate & CC mix is the answer. I got a 4 OZ bottle from eBay for $6 shipped so it's also a very cheap solution and I like that I can keep it to a minimum in my mix.

After a night of vaping on it the mix is still intact. Especially considering the fact that the Phoenix has to fire at a min of 50W for the ceramic core to function. So it's still holding up good, I also think the high wattage might be slightly responsible for the slightly harsh CC taste but it's not bad at all. I stir with a basic dab/dental tool, the "spoon" type end. I stir and also twist it between my fingers for a "blender" type effect. I get a lot of air bubbles worked in there so I can tell it's pretty effective.

*edit just got done hitting it like 10 in a row and gotta say not harsh at all, I take it back. Actually leaves a nice tangerine after taste in your mouth when your done. I almost wanna call this a gravity fed DT ceramic disk Atty type set up it tastes so good and hits so smooth lol and the mix is still holding up and effects are great!!!*

Last edited:

Prospector

I have 2 of these disposable cartridges that I wanted to combine together into one RTA and if all goes well, I'll be filling my own 2-3ml tanks.

Last edited:

randomtoker

Awesome posts lately. Cool to see what people are up to. Here's how things are going over here.

Disclaimer: I'm enjoying this so I'm geeking out with it. There are many dead simple ways to just dissolve concentrate and vape it. I'm not implying here that anyone needs to go about it like this, just sharing what I'm up to.

DIY Juice Project
So, I finished the HT bottles I had and I purchased some bulk materials to mix my own alternative for myself with, hopefully, a higher VG percentage. I've got some VG, PG, PEG400, and some terpenes now, along with my flavors I already had. I also already have limonene, not pictured, and I am going to purchase some terpinolene as well (see ** below for why).

20160511_204353_HDR.jpg

Juice Base
For the juice itself, I just wanted to test out higher percentages of VG than what I suspect is in the existing mixers that are being sold. I know VG causes separation, but I think (and I've seen) that with enough vigorous mixing it's possible to get a good enough mix. Also, I'm not trying to make a commercial product so if something can be mixed into at least a suspension, then that's good enough for a few days till I'm done the tank anyway.

For my first test, I made a small batch with these ratios:
  • 15% PEG400
  • 35% PG
  • 50% VG
Terpene Additive
I researched a bunch of lab results on the SCLabs site and noted the terpene volumes and ratios in many Indica and Sativa strains that I'm familiar with and particularly like. Generally, total terpene volume is ~2-3%. I looked at the differing terpene percentages in the different strains, observed the patterns, noted the most common and came up with a rough estimate of a simple terpene profile for Indica and Sativa and purchased the terpenes that contribute the most to those percentages. Not totally scientific, but a decent approximation. I took my juice base, split it in half, then added different combos of terpenes to each at a total 3% volume of the juice base. Each combo was broken down like this:

Indica (for night time):
  • 1/3 B Caryophyllene
  • no A Pinene
  • 1/3 Myrcene
  • 1/6 Linalool
  • 1/6 Limonene
Sativa (for day time):
  • 1/3 B Caryophyllene
  • 1/6 A Pinene
  • 1/6 Myrcene
  • no Linalool
  • 1/3 Limonene
Note about Terpene ratios and safety: These don't represent the actual ratios of terpenes within cannabis strains, but it's a simplified approximation of their relative amounts. Generally, if you look at the terpene profiles, these 5 terpenes account for the largest percentage of the total terpene content. Within strains, they tend to sort themselves into these general ratios but at lower amounts. Like Girl Scout Cookies has a very high B Caryophyllene count but it actually only accounts for ~8% ratio of the total terpene volume. However, I'm not adding 20-30 different terpenes, just 5, so I'm upping the overall amount of each that I am using to fill the total volume. I think this is ok because my terpenes aren't super concentrated. They smell strong and distinct, but not super pungent, so I think I have some leeway. Also, the total combined terpene mix still only accounts for 3% of the total volume of the juice. So, overall, I think I'm being sufficiently cautious. Terpenes are ultimately caustic solvents really so it's good to be careful I think. I encourage others to approach the subject with care and welcome anyone to call out anything I may not be considering here.

** Note about Terpinolene: While browsing lab results and making notes about terpene profiles in different strains, I noticed something interesting. The super cerebral strains that I love (the hazes, the supers, the jacks) had unexpected terpene profiles. I expected the clearly sativa dominant strains in these bunches to have the typical sativa profile (high pinene, moderate myrcene, no linalool, moderate limonene, high caryophyllene). Instead, they didn't! They all had very low terpene counts on all of terpenes. But, they all had very high percentages of Terpinolene (a terpene that is otherwise hardly present in other strains). Reading up on Terpinolene, the only physical effect I've seen documented is that it has sedative effects. Could be co-incidence, could be what accounts for some of the unique highs of those strains. In any case, I've ordered some Terpinolene to add to the kit and experiment with.

First Mix
I bought a few grams of the cheapest extract I can find at local dispensaries ($18/gram, sort of waxy/crumbly Kush and Sour D). Good for experimenting, not high grade, but not crap really. I'll make 1/2g mixes. For the first one I used the Sativa juice with Sour D. I'm still using my Aspire Cleito tank (no probs with leaks anymore, I just store it upside down when the tank is less than half full) so I'm still loving mixing at about 7:1 ratio. This tank is seriously amazing. I go even thinner, but that's pretty ideal to start for me.

Concentrate mix (~7:1):
1/2g of Sour D waxy crumble (low grade)
3.5ml of my Sativa mixer
2 drops Mandarin (FA)
2 drops Lime Tahiti (FA)
2 drops Pineapple (FA)

Mixing process and result:
It took vigorous mixing on lower temp, water pan, shot glass set up to get it to fully break down. I was only using a lab stir stick this time but I got creative and really whisked it up. I ended up with what I consider a "fine suspension", not a fully mixed solution. Pretty much what I expected, not clear but not opaque, just a little milky. I let it sit overnight and while it didn't separate, a small amount of oil had formed a slick on top. It was not 1/2g of concentrate though, no where near, I imagine it was just a small percentage of plant fats in this lower grade concentrate. Someone mentioned winterizing and I totally agree. If I had volumes of concentrate to work with, I would definitely winterize and I bet you could easily mix with high % VG quite stably.

Qualitative review:

Regardless if this didn't mix perfect, it tastes AMAZING. Holy fuck I love VG. I used to vape at 20 watts on my Sigelei 90W mod, now I've stepped it up to 30 watts and the vapor actually feels cooler and smoother than when I was vaping HT based mix at 20 watts. VG is so luxurious and luscious I could go on about it forever. Damn. What a difference from PG and PEG. My terpene infused juice tastes really good. The additional flavoring that I added is very subtle (6 tiny flavor bottle drops in 3.5 ml is perfect). The clouds are so thick and deliciously cool, it just blows my mind. It never really separated, it all stayed suspended as it was but that little oil slick re-appears over night. Again, not enough volume to be all the concentrate, it's small. I give it a shake and it's gone.

Half way through this tank I topped it back up to about 80% full by just adding more of my terpy mix, not even any more concentrate. I've vaped nearly the rest of this tank now and I still get fully hazed off a few tokes, although I prefer a dozen or so hits for a session. It is just so damn satisfying to enjoy these big, smooth, cool, completely irritation free tokes. This is by far the most efficient way to consume cannabis, and the smoothest cannabis vaping experience yet for me. It's amazing how diluted you can go with these sub ohm setups, and using high % VG mixer just makes the juice so enjoyable.

Next steps:
Sorry, no pics. I let the initial tank mix sit overnight, then I've blasted through it in the past 3 days. I'll mix up another shortly and post pics of that. I'm rigging up a hack mini-whisk made of paper clips to my dremel tool and I'll try mixing with that. I've got 2.5g total of concentrate left to experiment with, anyone think I should winterize? Seems like too little to work with, but I might just do it to compare. I swear it'll mix with VG easy after that. I don't mind loss of concentrate flavor from winterizing since I'm re-adding terps and flavors. I just want to get all the fats out. I'll play with the concentrate I have now then maybe mix up some new base and terp infused juice at different ratios, hopefully higher VG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom