ABV coconut oil strength concern

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Ah good, nice to know, I don't know my temps but it's on high in a slow cooker now, the mix has small bubbles around the edges, so I'm assuming I'm approaching boiling point, maybe 90 degrees, will that be ok???
Just a note. From what I understand oil does not boil. It will burn, but not boil. For e.g when you heat oil for chips there are no bubbles in the oil until the chips go in. This is because the chips contain water. The bubbles you saw where likely water moisture from the ABV or condensation from the boiling water that had made it into the oil. I had some bubbles also.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@sativasam yeah I realised that after I wrote that and thought about it...

It is still a way to gauge it though, I think. if the moisture in the avb is boiling I mist be about the right temp...

It worked anyway... still can't eat it..

Gonna go to a health shop at the weekend and get some capsules and lemon grass...

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hey peeps,

Can you recommend the right coconut oil and where to get it from please.

I was in Aldi yesterday and couldn't find any, wanna be sure I get the right stuff for my next ABV recipe :)

1DMF,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I got mine from tesco...pics on previous page I think....

I'm never doing coconut oil again...it's unusable for me,, taste like crap, no matter what I do to it or put it in....

But that's my personal view...

Im going into butter next time...

kellya86,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It's the 2 together that I can't handle...
I don't mind avb alone...
I can even stomach the oil on its own...
But the 2 together make some rancid concoction...

Could just about eat the riveta things, but not nice...

It's not just me, no one likes it...

I'm definately trying butter next, I think that will be able to be used to make tasty treats..

kellya86,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
funny, I have a mate and his wife, who don't mind the taste of the eddibles I make.

Last time I made a batch of peanut butter oil and the pulp / organic material left over I then made another batch with.

Gave the pulp batch away to friends as I can't stand the taste of ABV, they loved the brownies from a previous batch and my latest peanut butter cookies. They also said how awesome the effect was...

I know my ABV is good and I know it makes effective edibles, I'm just looking for the holly grail that is, good tasting ABV edibles... because it don't work for me currently!

The coconut oil is meant to mask the ABV, bit concerned by your comment, as it sounds like it doesn't!

1DMF,
Reactions: NorVape

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I used Biona Organic Raw Coconut Oil. You should find that or a variation of in most good organic shops. Waitrose probably sell it.

sativasam,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah if I ever decide to use coconut oil again, I will water cure the avb first, I may even do that when I make my avbutter at the weekend....

kellya86,

Ace of Space

Extracting the abv for a long time in coconut oil, butter or whatever gives a disgusting result, yes ;)
If the abv goodies are extracted in a qwiso, and then dissolved in the carrier oil, it will be much tastier, just simmer off the alcohol :tup:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was under the impression you couldn't injest iso extracted products...
Does this not caus irritation...

Iv wondered how this is an issue when all the iso should have evaporated before consumption???

AhBeVapin

Mindful Member Wellness User
Background
Recreational
I use a Nano & Solo
Mostly around 200C.
I think my ABV is still potent for this process
ABV is already decarbed so i don't wash with ISO or H20
I use a Slow Cooker & Mason Jar on a glass trivet
Warm solid coconut oil
Match oil volume to ABV volume
Cook 24-36 hrs, not boiling, try for 65-80C
Loose lid on jar, no lid on cooker
Ensure water level in the cooker is mostly = to mixture level in the jar
Squeeze & decant using french press

Uses
I've added essential oils and used it topically

I prefer to cook with my ABV coconut oil.
2tbsp or so in the pan for the morning fry up or pasta sauce
Whatever
Sub it in for any oil in any recipe, including salad
Your regular spices & ingredients will mask the taste
Put it in towards the end if you're worried about cooking 'it' out
Be creative
Mine hits me the same as vaping
Just takes a little longer and it's mostly to the body

Strength Concerns
Topical

If adding essential oils, be careful. Start with 1 or 2 drops
Take your time
Cooking
To find your single dose start on a non workday
Breakfast & lunch are best
Start with a tbsp
Half that for lightweights
Take your time
Not satisfied, next time try more
I stayed below 50% each time

The only other concern is separation
First timers must think this part through
By the 3rd batch I remembered we had a XL french press
Made every batch since a cinch

ABV out

UH60FLT

I have 7 grams of abv and every day I'm contemplating making something with it. The coconut oil extraction looks like the most efficient process but should I wait until I have more before making the oil? Also what would the shelf life be if I did as this would be for personal use on special occasions.

UH60FLT,

Ace of Space

I was under the impression you couldn't injest iso extracted products...
Does this not caus irritation...

Iv wondered how this is an issue when all the iso should have evaporated before consumption???

Oh yes, i have to say i use ethyl, but yeah, like @NorVape said too, there shouldn't be any left anymore. When you add it to the crockpot with the oil/butter it will start to bubble (alcohol boiling) and you'll know it's done when that stops.
(coconut oil always has a slight % of water in it, that explains the bubbling in your previous experiment)

Ace of Space,
Reactions: NorVape

UH60FLT

Hey guys, this is my first venture in making Coconut AVB oil! 12.3 grams of AVB ground into a powder in a mason jar with EVCO simmering on high for 4 hours. Cant wait for it to finish, I intend to get medicated tonight :)

SyaYy41.jpg

yQCwyai.jpg

yQCwyai.jpg

TFDga6z.jpg

I dont even intend on straining it. I've eaten avb in yogurt with no issue. I plan on putting a dollop into some warm chocolate milk and down it. Should I use more coconut oil or would adding more take away from overall potency?

HomeFree

I skimmed over and somehow got the idea in my head someone said to make QWISO (or rather LWISO) and just toss that in the coconut oil, but after review they did write simmer it off and then add to the butter.

Just want to say do not toss ISO with coconut butter straight away, do be sure to remove the ISO before putting it into the coconut butter. Ethanol is probably better than ISO for ingestion overall.

Last edited:
HomeFree,

BadDog No

You guys are working way too hard to extract goodies from your ABV. It's true that I haven't used the scientific method to compare results, but I've just tried the Espresso pot vacum extraction method and it was so simple to do. Half and half water and coconut oil run through a filter full of ABV in my new Bialetti expresso pot and less than a half hour later I have cannabis infused coconut oil seperating out in the fridge. My respect and admiration for all of you pioneers with your hours long recipes, but really, the revolution is here. Amazon has pots for less than $20. Just sayin....

BadDog No,
Reactions: VegNVape

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@BadDog No What temperature did you use?

Does anyone else think 30 minutes isn't long enough for the chemical bonding to take place regardless of temperature used?

BadDog No

@BadDog No What temperature did you use?

Does anyone else think 30 minutes isn't long enough for the chemical bonding to take place regardless of temperature used?

I knew I was gonna get in trouble here posting science stuff that I don't have answers to. ;) The Moka pot depends on a vacum as well as heat to extract THC. How efficient it is compared to more traditional methods I don't really know. I was kind of hoping to bump interest and have some of the more scientific members test it out. Unfortunately my ABV has all been vaped multiple times and I'm just getting a mild effect; so I guess I'll have to try some genuinely decarboxylated herb as per the instructions in the commercial "Mota" pot. I'll give you the link. Quite possible that maximum extraction will require multiple infusions. Now that I've done this a few times, maybe I'll go read the instructions again. :lol:
EDIT: I found this claim deep in a blog on the motapot site:
The MOTA POT has been shown to give a 70% extraction with 3-4 grams of herbs, and puts the control of potency in the hands on the consumer.

www.motapot.com

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well I'm all for speeding up the process, I missed my 7am window this weekend, as I want to do 12 hours ban-marie for my next batch.

I was just under the impression from other threads that the longer the better for extraction and to allow the THC/CBD molecules to bond to the fats.

If I can replace a 12 hour watched stove for a 10 minute coffee brew, I'm definitely interested.

I've emailed motapot and asked them how can it extract so quickly.

BadDog No

Yeah I have my doubts as to how actually efficient this can be. It just seems too easy. :\ I wish I'd had better product to try this with. Tomorrow I'll replenish the larder and Thursday I'll try some fresh decarboxylated bud and see how it comes out. The theory of vacum extraction certainly makes sense, but I'm not sure a little espresso pot makes enough vacum. Other folks in the Mota pot thread seem happy though and even if the efficiency is substantially less, the trade off in terms of time and effort may be worth it. Wish some genuine scientist would weigh in but I figure to have a better idea by the weekend of just how potent this can be. :lol:

EDIT: Actually we don't need to wait until the weekend for a potency report. I did about a tablespoon and a half of the latest batch with my 2pm hot cocoa. Took about 2 hours before I started to get a familiar "roaring in my ears" and a little bone vibration later on. It put me down for an hour nap shortly later that I just got up from. Still a big time body buzz. I think any more potent would have led to anxiety. So this had been refined through 6 or 8 batches of multiply vaped ABV and this mornings batch was from a different, and apparently less processed, jar. I've been saving up my vapor poop for awhile. So my doubts are gone and I might rethink dedicating my next bag of bud; think I prefer the vaporized rather than digested high. So time to get some more coconut oil: that last batch is potent enough. Still, it was a good experiment and I will definitely process the rest of my ABV now that I have been convinced of its' worth.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey @BadDog No

I like, & can understand your enthusiasm! And like you, I also tried to guide folk in here towards this method of extraction on page#1 of the thread back in the beginning of January . . .
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-coconut-oil-strength-concern.20272/#post-905231
. . . But only @NorVape picked up on it - and no one else seemed at all interested.

I couldn't understand it myself - as it offers a much easier, quicker, possibly less messy, and certainly lower maintenance method of extraction, when compared to using a crock pot.

And the results are plain to see - and feel.

I have ingested potent ABV coconut butter produced using this method - and often end up passed out on a beanbag in what I can only describe as a self induced CBD sleep coma . . . :zzz:

This method does work in my experience, and in the experience of many other F.Cers, and beyond.

Come on y'all, try it. You might like it :tup:

if_you_resist_change_by_free126-d46o6gw.png

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom