ABV coconut oil strength concern

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hmmm, that's odd, but really, why even bother asking them?

They just rebranded a stove top espresso pot.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, get yourself a Bialetti for around 20 squib from the evil that is Amazon, grab some coconut oil & throw that in with some water, fill the filter area with your ABV, pop it on your stove at a low to medium heat untill it rattles like crazy, and then see for yo'self!

:)

Simples like.

EdibleLove.
:peace:

IceColdATLien

Aspiring Vaporization Sage
you can always try other oils or fats. But Coconut oil is good because it doesn't burn as easy as somthing like butter.

Coconut oil is healthier, of course, but the main reason it's great for extraction is the high fat content... which is what the compounds being extracted bind to. Yes, it has a higher smoke point, but you'll never get anywhere near that hot during an extraction process (otherwise you're just sending your compounds airborne for the atmosphere to enjoy).

You guys are working way too hard to extract goodies from your ABV. It's true that I haven't used the scientific method to compare results, but I've just tried the Espresso pot vacum extraction method and it was so simple to do. Half and half water and coconut oil run through a filter full of ABV in my new Bialetti expresso pot and less than a half hour later I have cannabis infused coconut oil seperating out in the fridge. My respect and admiration for all of you pioneers with your hours long recipes, but really, the revolution is here. Amazon has pots for less than $20. Just sayin....

Yes, it's absolutely possible to get some extraction with just 30 minutes of heat, but there will be a lot of un-extracted compounds not being accessed. (Basically wasted) This method will work to an extent, but effective extractions take much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
IceColdATLien,

BadDog No

Please remember that the reason you can get away with a shorter heating time is because of the vacuum extraction. One tip? Do NOT decide to try making infused chocolate while severely baked. Good thing I'm not married or the state of the kitchen afterwards would have been grounds for divorce. :lol:

IceColdATLien

Aspiring Vaporization Sage
Please remember that the reason you can get away with a shorter heating time is because of the vacuum extraction. One tip? Do NOT decide to try making infused chocolate while severely baked. Good thing I'm not married or the state of the kitchen afterwards would have been grounds for divorce. :lol:

Please explain how vacuum extraction obviates the need for extended heating time for extracting plant-based cannibinoids. I'm not arguing but rather trying to learn. College physics and chemistry was a long time ago, so I guess a vacuum can create the conditions whereby compounds can speed up the chemical process but I'm curious to know HOW you know.

I guess my question is, "what's the scientific fundamental behind vacuum technology decreasing heat time required for plant-based compound extraction?"

IceColdATLien,

BadDog No

BadDog don't know sh#t from Shinola as far as science goes. I was just parroting the Mota pot folks. I too wish some scientist would weigh in. Intuitively I just figured the vacum would help the oil penetrate the ABV. And there has been discussion that somehow more vacum leads to faster more complete extraction.

BadDog No,
Top Bottom