About an Illadelph spoon

The_Algebraist

Since I?ve started to vaporize I?ve found that I still do, on occasion, like to combust. Unfortunately, since being introduced to the world of vaping, I found that if I was to combust, I didn?t want to simply roll joints or smoke from crummy little one hitters, so I started to do some research and found some interesting pieces.

The Illadelph glass spoon with 'built-in' glass screen

1-6.jpg

I?ve found that my primary urge to combust came in on-the-go situations. Vaporizing still has a bit of a ways to go before we have that hit-the-pipe-on-the-go kind of situation, so until that day comes I?ll abstain from burning on the go as much as I can, but I purchased this piece for when I do feel the urge.

Here?s an Illadelph glass spoon with built in glass screen. This is easily the BEST bowl that I?ve ever owned. The glassblower is clearly familiar with the relationship of the space within the bowl and the shape of the bowl itself and how it affects the burn of the herb. The bowl itself is a large chamber and the heat of the herb creates suction, so the herb burns from within the bowl to the top. Watching the piece fill with smoke is quite dramatic. Really amazing stuff and highly recommended if anyone?s looking for a little glass bowl.

photo.jpg

The_Algebraist,

gak hater

ok you teased us with pics :lol:
where can you get one and
how much did it set ya back?:cool:

gak hater,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Since I?ve started to vaporize I?ve found that I still do, on occasion, like to combust.
Vaporizing still has a bit of a ways to go before we have that hit-the-pipe-on-the-go kind of situation
Yeah, if I started vaping way back when I still smoked it definitely would not have caused me to stop smoking. But since I'd already quit smoking for years, experiencing vapor for the first time was super sweet. :luv:

Have you tried an iolite (can't remember)? It's not as fast as flicking a lighter, but 60 seconds for vapor ain't bad. It's pretty damn easy to hit the thing wherever. One handed too.

Nice little pipe, I like the blue... now get a VHW on that thing, you flamer! :lol: Just kidding, it is clean at least. Does it have a name, I thought you were gonna tell us all about it. :D

vtac,

The_Algebraist

gak hater said:
where can you get one and how much did it set ya back?
I found this little thing at NY Gifts, my favorite shop in the city. The guys there are very cool and will patiently show you every single piece you want to see. They specialize in high-end glass. They were asking $85 for the piece but I had recently purchased a couple of things so they gave it to me for $60.

vtac said:
Have you tried an iolite
Haha, actually I used to own an IO, but I gave it to a friend. I liked it, but I felt like I was fighting it the whole time. That and in the end I didn't feel like it was a perfect fit for me, when I'm on the go I need a quick turn-around if ya know what I'm sayin' :brow:

vtac said:
now get a VHW on that thing
need to update the acronym database. VHW? :lol:

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

illadelph said:
that is a sexy ass spoon. illadelph FTW.
Yeah, the bowl on the piece is surprisingly large. There is a lot of space in this bowl, it's like a small fishbowl. It really sucks smoke in on its own and when the whole thing is full it looks pretty awesome. This one I'm gonna save for when I go over to a buddy's place or stuff like that, when I wanna get a buzz on ASAP style and there's no electrical outlet handy :lol:

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

illadelph said:
btw, VHW is the vapor heating wand.
Fuck. Thanks man. Fuck. I totally forgot about the Vriptech Heat Wand. I just bought two lovely glass pieces (was gonna hook up the SSV to the bong) but now I'm thinking Vriptech Heat Wand!

The_Algebraist,

NoSmoke

vtac said:
Haha, actually I used to own an IO, but I gave it to a friend. I liked it, but I felt like I was fighting it the whole time. That and in the end I didn't feel like it was a perfect fit for me
Im sorry what did you mean by fighting it??? did you mean fighting with it or fighting the urge to use it? im sorry just confused

NoSmoke,

lwien

Sexy !!! Where can I order one of these online? Tried to google it but nothing came up.

lwien,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
illadelph is so hard to find online. you're best bet is just heading to a local headshop or getting someone on FC to get it for you. i remember henny was gonna get an inline for me but i dont have the $200 or so to dish out on one right now.

NoSmoke, i think Alg was trying to say he had to fiddle too much with the iolite to get it to work properly so he got rid of it. that probably what i would have done too. i love the ease of my extreme. people on here probably think i work for them at this point lol. :lol:

edit- i love illadelph's glass screens, they work so good.

illadelph,

The_Algebraist

lwien said:
Sexy !!! Where can I order one of these online? Tried to google it but nothing came up.
lwien, If you're feeling the need I can pick one up for you this week. let me know my man! They had 4 in the store, well, 3 when I left the store the other day :)

Illadelph, yes, the glass screen is kinda awesome.

The_Algebraist,

lwien

The_Algebraist said:
lwien said:
lwien, If you're feeling the need I can pick one up for you this week. let me know my man! They had 4 in the store, well, 3 when I left the store the other day :)

Illadelph, yes, the glass screen is kinda awesome.
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this. It really is pretty sexy lookin'.

Being that the bowl is so big, how will it work with really small quantities of bud? Can it be used as a one-hitter ? Also, being that it has an internal screen, is cleaning an issue?

lwien,

gak hater

The_Algebraist said:
gak hater said:
where can you get one and how much did it set ya back?
I found this little thing at NY Gifts, my favorite shop in the city. The guys there are very cool and will patiently show you every single piece you want to see. They specialize in high-end glass. They were asking $85 for the piece but I had recently purchased a couple of things so they gave it to me for $60.
i'm getting closer :lol:
where in the city is it?
i might be up there in a month or so. :)

gak hater,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
lwein, i had a bowl piece for my illadelph that had a glass screen and was as easy to clean as anything else. kosher salt and iso do the job every time. ;)

illadelph,

lwien

illadelph said:
lwein, i had a bowl piece for my illadelph that had a glass screen and was as easy to clean as anything else. kosher salt and iso do the job every time. ;)
Got 'em both. :)

lwien,

The_Algebraist

lwien said:
Being that the bowl is so big, how will it work with really small quantities of bud? Can it be used as a one-hitter ? Also, being that it has an internal screen, is cleaning an issue?
The bowl is big, bt not nearly as big as it looks in the photo. The exterior is like a globe with a much smaller bowl floating in the middle... You can kinda make it out in the picture. There's a great deal of space for the smoke to fill in this baby. It hits like a dry bong (illadelph, duh! :D).

I have been using it primarily as a one hitter, but if the mood hits you you could probably stuff at least 1/2 a gram of herb into this baby.

Cleaning it has been a cinch. I wipe it out after use and then am planning on giving it an alcohol bath when the interior begins to get dark.

I got it at NY Gifts (what a GREAT shop!). You could give em a call, they might ship this baby.

212-989-6350

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

the glass screen is made up of 5 very small holes that were poked into the bottom of the glass bowl. I'll take some nicer pics tonight (the pics above were taken on a shitty iphone camera).

The_Algebraist,

gak hater

i was in the city today and made a trip out to ny gifts :brow:
and i picked up one of these spoons :D
its a little bigger then i thought it would be
but its a sweet piece.:cool:
i did get to look at some bongs and compare them
price and thickness
the one that impressed me the most was a us tubeing bong
this thing was soo thick, even the joint
i picked it up and it was real heavy
it was so much more solid then the others
that were there.i would rather thave one of them then a roor or the others
i think i might get one of them
thanks for the tip for that place
i might be out to philly in the next month or so
next stop wonderland :ko:

gak hater,

Frickr

these things are impossible to find online! i accired one a little while back from a member on here, and i love it! but i feel bad because this beautiful peice of glass doesnt get much use, and i keep it locked up most of the time. but ive been searching high and low for one of these pipes for a friend of mine who was so impressed by mine, that he asked me to find him one also.

a q-tip, some iso, and those little sticks left over from burning an incent are all you need to clean this pipe. the little sticks get in the small holes and the q-tip gets everywhere else. i love watching this pipe fill up with smoke! and absolutely no drag on this pipe no matter how tight you pack it! i actually found out the tighter the pack the better, it will keep a nice cherry going, just light one corner of the bowl and the cherry starts in the corner and moves to the middle of the bowl, and burns out again. quite amazing to watch this happening.

seems like the only time i get to use this pipe is when i am smoking hash oil. burn a small bowl with a few drops on top, then leave the ash in for repeated drops after that. Im trying to track down a Jack Herer pipe now, i want a hand in hand comparison of the two, as the illadelph is suppose to be one of the best glass spoons made, and the jack herer pipe is suppose to be the worlds best pipe. If anyone is in Portland and wouldnt mind running by the Third Eye shop for me, let me know. i called them today, but they dont ship accross state lines.

even though i love vaping, and primarly vape, i do like to combust every once in a while, and i love pipes over bongs. i still need to find a stainless steel protopipe for my collection also. but those too are impossible to track down, i havent even seen a stainless proto for years of looking online, the brass ones are hard enough to find.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
i still need to find a stainless steel protopipe for my collection also. but those too are impossible to track down, i havent even seen a stainless proto for years of looking online, the brass ones are hard enough to find.
I've had my brass one for years. I was going on my second one when I got into vaping. I never knew they ever made a stainless one.

lwien,

Frickr

i only seen one place that carried a stainless protopipe online, and that was years ago. i still may settle on the brass one. i dont think i would be smoking much from it, but still a nice piece of smoking history to hang on to.

Frickr,

lwien

Yeah. Great idea. Carry a bit of stash in your pipe........but man, that thing was harsh. I can't believe that I smoked out of it for as long as I did.

lwien,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom