About an Illadelph spoon

VHCMedpics

Los Angeles Collective capped at 45 indoor only
Retailer
Dang if anyone knows when the illadelph store is open please let me know
Calling multiple times no pickup

VHCMedpics,

Frickr

well folks, stay tuned, i have a jack herer pipe in the mail as we speak. and as soon as it arrives i will do a side to side compairison to the illy spoon.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
well folks, stay tuned, i have a jack herer pipe in the mail as we speak. and as soon as it arrives i will do a side to side compairison to the illy spoon.

Oh.......goody. Lookin' forward to this.

On thing that I have a bit of concern about with the Jack pipe is the cleaning. Let us know.

lwien,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
crawdad said:
i too have been considering a combustion pipe but HATE the heat you get from something small, perhaps im hitting it wrong.

[OT]
my searches ended with "White Flame Rasta Donut Bubbler" which someone made a video of, hand-held and water cooled but is kind of pricey i read and cant find a place to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcL2k5TdPCI
[/OT]

my only reason for combustion would be the abv im collecting and would do it sparingly. the illadelph pipe looks real nice but is kind of pricey for what it is imho.

You can go to www.whiteflameglass.com.

I havedealt with him in the past - excellent service and he does great work!

Im Looking forward to frickr comparison too!

notmyrealUSERname,

Frickr

i also seen atl had some of the illy bats. if the blue one was in stock i'd be picking one of them up also... but guess the time just isnt right for that one yet. :rolleyes:

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:

Your mail is taking too damn long. :cool:

lwien,

Frickr

lwien said:
Frickr said:

Your mail is taking too damn long. :cool:

i know i know!! tell me about it, but thursdays the day. sometime around 11. :rolleyes: im getting anxious the illy spoon is as clean as i can possibly get it for the test.

Frickr,
hey guys...i just found this site while looking for a new pipe..started with looking for a proto..without much luck...but im interested in the jack herer 4 inch...looking forward to your review haha

tortuga_grande3,

lwien

I used a Proto for decades. It's made from solid brass which contains lead. I'd stay away from that one. It was really harsh too and a pain in the ass to clean.

lwien,

Frickr

well it came, its beautiful! packed a bowl, taste was ok (contribute this to the new wood smell am sure it will go away after a few bowls) packing was easier then i thought, first bowl lasted 37 hits, with just a little green stuck up around the edge of the screen, contribute this to not having the packing techneque down yet, but i will get a few more bowls with this thing under my belt, and i will post a formal review along with some pictures compairing the 2 pipes. so far, im very excited about this thing, it was a really smooth hitting pipe, and i actually enjoyed not having a carb on this pipe. made the act of smoking that much more relaxing so to speak. but more in store later :brow:

Frickr,

Frickr

Here it is! :D The Official Review of the Illadelph Glass Spoon, and the Jack Herer Double Barrel Double Venturi Ricocheting Votrex Effect Pipe.

102_1643.jpg

First the illadelph.

102_0930.jpg

102_0925.jpg

Taste: 10 (1-10)
Smoothness: 8
Burn Quality: 8
Ease of Draw: 10
Durability: 5

The illys bowl is alot larger and is virtually drag free. it fits snugly in either hand and the carb is easy to work being as its well placed. the entire piece is a great design i like the simplicity of the clear and blue glass. the illadelph painted logo is tastefully placed, when laying on the flat bottom looking down it can hardly be seen, when rolled onto its side, the logo faces beautifully up at you. the glass is clean and clear, very clean joints, no air bubbles at all. The mouth peice is a nice large bubble that fits cleanly and nicely on the lips. being glass, cleaning is very easy. the hardest part is to get into the holes, but a bristle pipe cleaner makes a job easy. just soak in iso, or simple green and its shining like new.

Second the Jack Herer.

102_1716.jpg

102_1718.jpg

Taste: 8 (contribute this to the wood, but may change as this pipe gets broke in)
Smoothness: 10
Burn Quailty: 10
Ease of Draw: 9
Durability: 10

The jack herer's bowl is a nice size. its not overly large like the illadelph's, and when packed properly it burns as stated. The bowl takes a bit longer to pack, and if not packed properly it doesn't burn evenly and have difficulties keeping a amber. When your passing the pipe, only a small wisp of smoke comes from the bowl and when drawn on the amber immidiately grows again, comsuming a little more green each time on its migration acrost the bowl. Being as its wood, there is a slight taste to it, and has a resiny kind of taste to it. im not sure yet if this taste will go away, get worse, or better. With that being said, the taste is not bad at all. its still alot "fresher" tasting then a single hole glass pipe, but just cant compair to the illadelphs clean glass. Hitting this pipe is very smooth. no harshness on the back of your throat at all. The feel of the pipe on the lips is nice, feels like a traditional tobbacco pipe in your hand. No need for a carb on this pipe, its a nonissue while smoking this. Cleaning this pipe is easy enough, i am unsure of how dirty how fast this thing gets, but i plan on running a pipecleaner through it regularly. Placing the screen in is easy, but kind of difficult to take back out. The Jack Herer also comes with a hemp pouch packing tool allen wrench a pack of screens, and one percent also included some I-Tal Hemp wicks, a book of matches, a tin of condoms (yes condoms) and a paper with the packing dirrections, and a little info on the pipe.

102_0932.jpg

All in all I would have to say they both are excellent pipes, and anyone would love either one of these. Im just lucky enough to have both :brow: while the illadelph is cleaner tasting, it lacks a little in the smoothness compaired to the jack. Its hard to beat how well and evenly the bowl burns in the Jack, when packed properly, it burns as stated, and only needs to be lit once. The illadelph is close in this department, but the amber has a tendency to suck into the center of the bowl and grow outward where as the Jack burns from one corner across the bowl. The illadelph will also require a few lights towards the end, whereas the Jack will be a even colored char. Both pipes are well worth their pricetags, giving the slight advantage to the jack due to how smooth the smoke is. Me personally would probably choose the illadelph first though, due to how tastey it is, how easily it is to keep clean.

Frickr,

lwien

GREAT review, Frickr. Thank you.

Due to the larger bowl in the Illly, would you say that it is mandatory to fill the bowl with more bud than you would with the Jack?

lwien,

Frickr

lwien said:
GREAT review, Frickr. Thank you.

Due to the larger bowl in the Illly, would you say that it is mandatory to fill the bowl with more bud than you would with the Jack?

definately no. you can load it anywhere from a small pinch on the bottom to a full bowl. and found out tonight the jack you can pack a half bowl and be fine also. the illy bowl can hold upwards of a full gram, while the jack around .3 - .5 of a gram when fully packed. both bowls benefit from being packed tight, the tighter the better. being as they both are free flowing through the bowls, it doesnt affect either to have it packed solid. i wouldnt reccomend a light load in the Jack due to the dividing ridge, i would hate to suck a flame down into it and destroy the heart of this piece.

Frickr,

gvape

I never seen that Jack Herer pipe but its pretty neat. I dont know if I would spent $70 on it though. I do have an illy spoon and a few other illy slides and they are just my favorite to use. Between concentrates and not they just stand to prove the excellence of the built in screens they have. in the end though, its still a bowl and to me the built in screen in more of a way to not pull through your ashes as much and get a much better airflow.

If you do want a bowl to combust in then these are def great for the job.

gvape,

Frickr

well the pipe bug bit me again, and i just ordered the illy bat from atl. :p as much as i love my big one i know the little sister will fit right in. and on a side note, i've got the packing technique down on the herer, and that pipe is impressively smooth.

Frickr,

Frickr

lwien - the illy bat is prob along the lines of what your looking for if your intrested in small amounts. i was suprized but thankful when it arrived that it was so small. and it hits alot smoother then any other bat ive hit. the bowl is such that my girlfriend cant even get her pinky down to the bottom of the bowl.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr, you still liken' that bat? Do you hit it like a chillum? Just wonderin' cause the body of that bat looks to be a bit thick to hold between your middle and index finger like you would when hitting a chillum.

lwien,

Frickr

i love the bat. so much so that my girlfriend had to order one for herself too. but its the same size or smaller then the other chillums we have. as far as size goes its right on scale with any other pipes of this demention. about 3 inches long and maybe a diameter of 3/8ths of an inch on the shaft and a little larger by the bowl area.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
i love the bat. so much so that my girlfriend had to order one for herself too. but its the same size or smaller then the other chillums we have. as far as size goes its right on scale with any other pipes of this demention. about 3 inches long and maybe a diameter of 3/8ths of an inch on the shaft and a little larger by the bowl area.

Reason why I'm askin' is because I got this el cheapo glass bat that I used a few nights ago. Hit it like a chillum through a cupped hand and man, I haven't got that loaded with one hit in a very long time. I never thought that I would ever go back to combustion again, and granted, the taste was no where as good as vapor, but man............the high. I forgot what that was like. And hitting through a glass spoon was no where near as powerful.

I was seriously thinking about getting a Lotus, but now this Illy bat sure is lookin' tempting.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

I have seen those Illy chillums in person and to me they look too big to use between the fingers.
It is actually pretty hard to find glass chillums that are well designed to be used in that way.

I have a chillum that has a rather flat mouthpiece that I may try to use this way and if I do I will let you know about it :cool:

Nycdeisel,

Frickr

i havent tried smoking these through a cupped hand before. but i dont see how this would be a problem.

i myself find the occasional combustion more then welcoming. when you combine smoking and vaping its just a 1 2 knockout punch. but i will switch to smoking when i find my tollerance to vapor getting too high and im having to do bigger or more bowls to get where i need to be, i burn a bowl and the differant spectrum of alkaloids really gets me ripped. and i will smoke for a day or 2 and then switch back to vapor to find my tollerance all but gone and ill be fine again for a few weeks till my tollerance starts creeping again.

hell if i vape 95% of the time, its still 95% healthier then smoking all the time. and on a side note, i found out that the "ch-illadelph" as we've been calling it mates perfectly to the ssv heatercover. since i've been pd-less since christmas (new sapele should be here any day now) its been nice to be able to vape a small bowl vrs the big bowls of the ssv.

Frickr,
Top Bottom