710 coils

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I haven't used this new set up enough to see totally but on my old 30mm axial set up with sic insert I would have a little oil occasionally get on the sides of the banger and kind of form a small rim of reclaim/chazzing around the top of the inserts. This could also be caused a little by me rubbing my dab tool on the wall of the insert sometimes rather then just dropping my material in. When I pull the insert the bottom of the banger is pretty clean however

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I'm such an idiot. Woke up early put a deep dish coil and banger in the cart had to deal with the kid and her virtual schooling. Went back to the cart dd coil was sold out snooze you loose. So I just ordered 2 30mm opaque. Need some back ups.Thanks for the sale and the awesome gear. Shane
I'll grab some dd gear when in stock

Melting Pot,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Melting Pot I got more being made and made sure to increase the amounts so they would last longer than they did. If you hit me up in a week or so, I can get you setup with the 420 discount so you can get a DD coil and banger =)

We had over 150 orders come in for 420. This was by far our biggest sale day to date!!!!!
Still working through the orders =P

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
@Melting Pot I got more being made and made sure to increase the amounts so they would last longer than they did. If you hit me up in a week or so, I can get you setup with the 420 discount so you can get a DD coil and banger =)

We had over 150 orders come in for 420. This was by far our biggest sale day to date!!!!!
Still working through the orders =P

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane
You are awesome and I really appreciate what you do.

510MOD

Manufacturer
I've used pearls but not inserts.

Do inserts contain all the splatter? Does splash still get under and between the cup and the banger?
It depends on many things but mostly comes down to 2. Your dab size and your insert height. The non slit inserts are shorter so there is still some wall space to get splatter on if your overzealous on your dabs which lately I can be. When this happens I get a darker spot around the center of my Ruby that will turn black within a few days. I also get a brown ring around the top of the insert on the inside of the banger wall which is also just about the top of the axial coil. Below that line and the floor seems to stay perfectly clean inside the banger and on the outside of the insert. I always drop my dabs in the insert along the insert walls though, never along the banger walls. On slit inserts they are almost as tall as the banger so they usually keep your banger much cleaner but the sacrifice is you have to line the slit up with the neck of your banger for proper air flow and you also can run into interference with certain bubble caps or the nose on them.

Not sure if thats everyone else's experience, but that is mine.

ak1016

What PID settings are people running 25mm axials from 710 with? I know every controller is different, just trying to get a better sense of how people are running theirs. Also, are people using proportional on measurement or proportional on error in their controls?

ak1016,

tylerj55

Just got my 30mm deep dish clear banger and it’s great quality!!! Wow, super impressed. Works well with my current 30mm coil, but I am definitely going to order a deep dish axial coil when they’re available again. My 22mm (30mm) ruby is nice as well, but I will probably order a 23mm (30mm) one from you when I order the coil.

Slightly off topic, but related to my purchase: has anybody used both a Quartz Pi bubble cap and a crystal star quartz bubble cap? The crystal star quartz one is my absolute favorite, but the quartz pi ones look great

710Coils

Manufacturer
@ak1016 Here are some example temp ranges for different controllers

MaxVapor: 400 to 500
Disorderly conduction: 360 to 450
Auber: 420 to 530
Dnail: 440 to 550
Omron style controllers: 450 to 570

These are just reference temps to give you an idea of where the optimal temps live =)

Here is how I find my optimal temp range

If its wispy: Turn up the temp 10 or more degrees and try again until the vapor production and flavor are close to ideal

It ifs hot on the back of the throat: Lower temps 10 or more degrees and try again.

Once you are close you will want to do smaller adjustments to the temp until you are there. Once you find the temp you prefer, you can then adjust as needed for whatever you are dabbing

Rosin, wax, and shatters all like lower temps
Diamonds and sauce all prefer a bit more heat

@tylerj55 I hunted high and low for the perfect cap and when I found the Quartz Pi caps. I knew my unting was over. He adds the perfect amount of resistance in his caps to allow the dabs to really milk up.

Coils got delayed a few days and all pending orders are just waiting on either coils, cap, or controllers. All 3 are due this week and all pending orders will ship the same day they land.

I also made sure to order more coils and they are due in about 10 days. Deep dish bangers are also being made and will in 10 and 14mm when they get restocked in a week or so and I will put up some pre orders for both so anyone worried about missing the next batch can scoop one prior to them landing =)

This months Instagram giveaway is getting close to ending and anyone that has not entered should head over and do so as its for a complete setup that includes a 25mm deep dish coil and banger!!!!

Hope everyone is having an elevated day =)

Shane

ak1016

Hmmm - Shouldn't each controller read the same value from the thermocouple and therefore be exactly the same at any given temperature? The only way I could see this not being the case is if they're mapping the voltage to a temperature poorly.
I was wondering more about the P, I, and D gain settings that people were running. Also @710Coils wondering if I could pay you a little extra for faster shipping, let me know.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@ak1016 I think it comes down to the algorithm the controllers are running and this is partly based off the P, I, and D settings. Most controllers let you mess with these settings, but there are also plenty that don't. The temp values I called out are just the general temp ranges I found I was in when using the different controllers. I also found the set temps never matched the actual dish temps and most were at least 100 degrees off. The Disorderly controllers are the only ones I have seen that are within 40 degrees of the set temp.

The fit of the coil also plays into the above as I can have my coil temp set to 340 and get nice vapor production. If I then turned the unit off and swapped the banger when the nail is cold and fired it back up. Most likely my preferred set temp will need adjusting 5 to 10 degrees either up or down depending on how snug the coil was to the banger before turning on.

I also offer different level of shipping on my site for checking out. First class is typically a day or 2 behind priority and UPS has been utter junk as they just lag now. DHL has been epic for international delivery. 3 days and its there =)

Shoot me a message and i can help sort out what you should select for shipping

Now back to your regular programming =P

Shane

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have not seen any nails where the PID and actual dish temps match, but I have not used that many setups...

Those look like great starting point for temp ranges.

MY TALL BOY HAS LANDED! Thanks Shane, it is a beauty!! I am digging the new logo on the stem. Cleaning my cycler and this will get to work tonight!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I have not seen any nails where the PID and actual dish temps match, but I have not used that many setups...

Those look like great starting point for temp ranges.

MY TALL BOY HAS LANDED! Thanks Shane, it is a beauty!! I am digging the new logo on the stem. Cleaning my cycler and this will get to work tonight!
Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Your using a max vapor controller right.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've been looking to upgrade to Max, but did not get in on one this 420... I really want one!

I am currently using a Dnail controller.

I started using the 710 coil on my Dnail halo, and the 710 coil is so much better made and tighter wound, it transmits heat much more efficiently. I was able to lower my PID from 638 with Dnail coil and now at 530 using the 710 coil. Same dish temps.

ak1016

Yes, however that's because of thermal transfer and losses between the coil and the banger. I don't understand why an identical coil on an identical banger could vary between controllers, other than heat up time/overshoot, because it's just reading a thermocouple, so there shouldn't be many variations there, and a set point is a set point.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@ak1016 If you were talking about the coil alone, with nothing attached or around a banger. It would work as you are explaining. The key difference is when you put a banger inside the coil you add a few variables.

1: Any gapping between the banger (No matter how mynute) and the coil will offset the lowest set temp you can achieve
2: Barrel coils read from the edge of the coil and axial coils read from the bottom center. The difference between these will also affect what the coil determines the temp to be since its either reading from the outside edge or the bottom center

So the above will have enough of an impact that you can see a large change in expected temp. This is why I only recommend a general temp range and tell each user to find their happy temp range based off my recommendations.

A great example is I run 2 identical setups and they have never had the same set temp. Even though they both give the identical dab. If you were blindfolded you would not be able to tell them apart =)

Enough shop talk, time to dab =)

Shane

LabPong

After using the 25mm DD combo......I like it...I really like it. lol

I pushed the size of my normal dab today after scraping out the end of a container. It was almost double my normal size with just the banger and 2 ruby pearls. It was only then that any splash got up on the exit area just barely in the tube part. So now I know my max load size....which is nice to have that reference point early on.

There is just one very minor let down I must admit.......I really like the smooth nickle finish on the normal axial coil. There is just something about it that makes me feel like it is high quality and pure. I hope you can get these DD ones make like that too....?

Oh....also I was wondering why the stock clip you get with the banger and coil has 4 hooks on it and the spare ones only have 2? When I set up the DD banger, I used 1 size larger than the stock one. I found it was soooo much nicer to only have to pull on 1 of the clips to get it on. Plus it does not really need more pressure on it than that....the coil and banger fit together perfectly on the bottom.

I felt less nervous of breaking another one this way instead of using the one with double clips on each side of the o-ring.

Super happy with this new DD setup.....works excellent! I use a Auber and low-temp it usually about 434F.

Thanks again Shane for the top shelf goods man! :tup:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yes, however that's because of thermal transfer and losses between the coil and the banger. I don't understand why an identical coil on an identical banger could vary between controllers, other than heat up time/overshoot, because it's just reading a thermocouple, so there shouldn't be many variations there, and a set point is a set point.
There's a difference coil-to-coil too ... not every thermocouple is the same, and they won't be "in sync" necessarily with what your PID reads.

I have 3 coils I use regularly ...
- my 25mm coil, I run at 470-485, and the floor temp on the ruby matches about exactly (this tells me the coil is actually quite a bit hotter, maybe 525 or higher)?
- 1 of my 30mm coils, I run at 510, and the floor temp on the ruby is about 480-485
- my other 30mm coil, I run at about 525 for a floor temp of 485

If you really want some consistency, get yourself an IR gun, and although the reading may not be exactly correct, it is a consistent reference point, so once you find the floor temp you like, that's what you aim for with all your coils/bangers/inserts :) (I have a Canadian Tire one ... 70% off for $20-$30 instead of $100 ... can also get them on Amazon for about $20-$30)

Baron23

I run my Auber at 545F and with my Liger 2.0 20mm I get about a 40 degree dif between TC and measured dab surface temp.

I also use this Auber RDK-300 to run my 710coils.com 25mm QB's. I tend to drop the set point 10-15 degrees...seems to taste better and still thick.

I was wondering more about the P, I, and D gain settings that people were running.

Now, I also have an Omron E5CC based PID. These are the settings that I was advised to use and I have set them and haven't touched them since.

I have no idea if these variable names are common across PID or are manf specific....I have no idea if you can map them to variables in your home built, but here they are:

Omron E5CC controller settings:

Your settings should be as follows

Hold down 1st button for 4 seconds
- Press 2nd button to cycle through
- Use up and down arrows to select value

CN-t = 5
d-U = F
SL-H = 1300
SL-L = -200
CNTL = Pid
S-HC = Stnd
St = ON
CP = 2
GREV = GR-R
ALt1 = 2
ALH1 = 0.2
ALt2 = 2
ALH2 = 0.3

Hold Down 1st button for 3 seconds to exit/save

From Main screen
Press 2nd button to see option

R-5 = RUN
AL-1 = 0
AL-2 = 0

From Main Screen
Press 1st button
At = ON (setting will go back to off when you turn the unit off, this is okay because it is part of the calibration process, it only needs to calibrate once)

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
Hello 710Coils, this is Clem Fandango, can you hear me?

Any word when the rest of the 4/20 orders for deep dish coils and bangers look like they're going to ship? Seeing IG folks already received and dabbing off theirs is making this fella sad.

tblaze330

Hello 710Coils, this is Clem Fandango, can you hear me?

Any word when the rest of the 4/20 orders for deep dish coils and bangers look like they're going to ship? Seeing IG folks already received and dabbing off theirs is making this fella sad.

I feel your pain brother. Looks like my deep dish banger will arrive tomorrow and deep dish coils on Friday. Its been killing me to see these other IG posts myself. Look of the draw i suppose but finally en route to their new homes.

tblaze330,
Top Bottom