710 coils

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm using two of these 30mm bangers, and I am a micro-doser as well, and I love these.
I see no downsides to the larger size, and I'm using one of them on a little banger hanger that is less than five inches tall!
Plus, more mass seems to retain heat better.

I think I shall continue using 30mm bangers, even with my tiny shredder :spliff:
(sorry about the blurry pic)
swd0cw.jpg

Last edited:

Ramahs

Do you have a coil for it? Mine is pretty stable too without the coil but when its on it gets tippy.

I don't currently own a coil or PID controller. Torch only.

I doubt I'd want to use a coil with a little banger hanger anyway. I do have a larger recycler that I could use with a coil though. I currently have one of @710Coils 30mm opaque bottom 90degree bangers on it.

Ramahs

Flavor is subjective but I use a 25mm coil on a 5" rig and the only tube I hit that tasted better was even smaller. IMO recyclers are terp killers :lol:

I'm in complete agreement. I just said I wouldn't want to use a coil on it. I still prefer it for flavor from my concentrates. I don't think I've used the recycler since I got this little piece. Of course, It's my first handmade, non chinaglass, piece that I purchased directly from a glass blower, so I love it quite a lot for that too! I got the bubble cap from a different glass blower as well.

But yeah, I don't really want a coil and cable on my little banger-hanger.

Ramahs

I just broke my 30mm AugustHaus banger. It must have been the VAS gods telling me to grab some new ones from 710 Coils. Is there going to be any 10mm 45 degree 30mm Opaque bangers available? That's a mouth full.

That's exactly what's in my image above. Great banger!
It's worth the wait.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@710Coils do you think you'll have the ball caps in stock this month? Once you get them in, I plan on placing an order for a 30mm opaque banger, 30mm axial coil, and a ball cap to match.

Been debating between a 25mm and 30mm banger, but think I'm just going to opt for the larger size. Honestly, a 0.10g dab would be a pretty decent sized dab for me. Really would only go over that for occasions when I just want to be extravagant. So the 25mm would take care of anything I really needed, but figure the extra surface area won't hurt me. And gives me that extra headroom in case someone really just needs to get knocked on their ass by a glob of a dab!

Keep up the good work, and glad to see some "Sold Out" options for your items!

Edit: Have you considered offering a cheap, but reliable PID like the Auber, for sale on your site? That way people completely new to enails/bangers could do a one stop shop at your store. I know getting into this can be very daunting to some new members, but having one site where you can order the full set up could be very appealing to some.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Roth Working on bubble caps and stands and am hoping to have something sooner than later. Just waiting on samples and to hear back if they can make the cap stand the way I want it =)

Pearls will be back in stock today and the 30mm Axial and barrel coils fit the 30mm bangers perfectly

Hope everyone is having a great Friday

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Baron23

@710Coils , et al - well, its been a very busy week dealing with a friend of mine who sadly needed to be hospitalized and is now in assisted living.

So, I haven't had a chance to use my 25mm opaque with 710coils fitted coil and......I LOVED IT.

So, I'm not a dab expert and haven't spent the last 7 years moving along with dab tech. When I decided to move from pen/box mod/w-atomizers to a real rig, I went immediately to a Liger V2, 20mm with SiC (and now with Obsidian insert) and then added a D-nail slim line with SiC Halo.

Both are very good enails...VERY good.

But, I have to say that the taste from my new to me quartz banger was the best I have ever had. This is my first quartz banger and I loved the experience.

I did cut my temp down to 525 F and that was just perhaps a tad too low so tonight I'll bump it up back to 545 and see where its at.

But even at that relatively low temp, I had very good vaporization and it cleaned up perfectly with just qtips.

Now, I ran some live resin through it last night although I have gotten a press and recently gotten into rosin. But rosin leaves a lot of residue and I just didn't want to garbage up my brand new banger on its first use. Probably worrying about nothing because, as I said, it cleaned up wonderfully.

25mm seems to be the right size for me and I have three different bubble caps, all of which work just fine with this banger. The beveled top edge helps a lot and I feel that I got a very good seal on these type of carb caps.

Oh, another thing I love is seeing my concentrates get blown around in the banger. Can't really do that with the Liger or D-nail.

The coil was perfect. 710coils fitted it to my banger before shipping. Also, the cord is nice and supple and laid out pretty flat. Pet peeve of mine is coils with cords that took a set when packaged and just will not straighten out and lay flat...ever apparently. Coil connector is of high quality and I'm very happy to buy my coils from this source going forward.

All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend these bangers and coils from 710coils.com

Ramahs

I haven't made any use of my pearls yet because I don't have a carb cap that will spin them yet.
None of my bubble caps or directional caps will get them going.
I need to get on that!

sarkunit

What's the advantage using a quartz insert in a quartz banger? Why not just use a banger with a thicker bottom if it's all thermal mass only? I can't recognize the difference other than using a sapphire or ruby insert.
I know it will stretch the life of an expensive banger, and drop tech of course. They can be easier to clean if you just torch them like I do ( I get inserts for around 20 dollars, so I don't worry about going through them). I think that is it.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry for my thumb question but why should it stretch its life? Temp ist the same with and w/o insert when heated together. And drop tech - is that to put a cool filled insert into a pre-heated banger? - shortens the life of the banger I guess cause of the little thermal shock

buddingglasshead

Sorry for my thumb question but why should it stretch its life? Temp ist the same with and w/o insert when heated together. And drop tech - is that to put a cool filled insert into a pre-heated banger? - shortens the life of the banger I guess cause of the little thermal shock

An insert can extend the life of a banger because you aren't directly dabbing on it anymore. You're dabbing on the insert which you can removed and the quench in ISO. (So, so easy to clean) Quartz requires a ridiculous amount of heat differential to actually thermal shock. You can heat up a banger red hot, quench it in ISO and it'll be fine. I forget the exact figure but it requires well over 1000 degree temp difference to actually thermally shock quartz.

Droptech is just so that you can up temp by just dropping the insert in the banger and allowing it to heat up while you hit. I personally would heat soak my inserts by just leaving a clean one in after each dab so that it would just be an easy way to clean but still get the "standard" dab hit of just throwing it in the banger, but allows for super easy clean up by removing the insert with reverse tweezers and dropping it in ISO.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I keep an old visine bottle full of distilled water in my dab kit - after every 5-10 dabs or so, while the banger is still hot after a dab and qtip'n, I'll put about 1/4" of distilled water in the banger. It boils immediately and with another qtip I can get the banger just about spotless. About once a month the banger goes into a DC/ISO bath for the night. I've got bangers that look new after a year of use. I've found that boiling water cleans up just as well as ISO, it's much cheaper and no worries if a bit of it goes down the banger neck.

And just to stay on topic - I'm diggin my @710Coils 25mm opaque - and now I really really want to try a 30mm!

Top Bottom