710 coils

Kanna_Kult

So what temp does everyone run here? Any time I look up enail temps people say everything from 400 to 700.
Personally I’m usually right around 490-500. Sometimes I’ll go down to 450. But not usually lower, some do though. I like a big flavorful hit, so that’s my sweet spot. I’d say to start at 500 and work your way up/down. These setups seem to be able to work at lower temps than any other ensil I’ve ever tried. I almost never go above 525 because it gets a bit harsh and tastes a bit burnt if it’s any hotter than that

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So what temp does everyone run here? Any time I look up enail temps people say everything from 400 to 700.

Going to depend on many things including: preference, amount and type of concentrate being vaporized, insert/beads, banger used, tightness/fit of coil on banger etc...

I like to stick around 510-540~ using a regular 25mm opaque bottom and no insert.

I haven't had access to rosin, or water hash so I'm assuming it's possible I'd change temps using these. I've also heard people with the axial coils are able to drop temps a bit from where I'm at (by another 10-20 degrees).

If you're just starting off, I'd maybe start around 525 and try and gauge from there. I do not like hot dabs, but I'm not a strict flavor-chaser either. I try to find a happy medium between getting big clouds/not having much clean up, while still retaining flavor.

4TWinks

without the inserts I stick around 485 ...

i'm finding 480~ to be my sweet spot. What about using inserts, would you go higher?
What adjustments would I make to an auber to make it more insert geared, if I wanted to go that route?

4TWinks,
Reactions: 710Coils

JCat

Accessory Maker
i'm finding 480~ to be my sweet spot. What about using inserts, would you go higher?
What adjustments would I make to an auber to make it more insert geared, if I wanted to go that route?
Temp goes up with the inserts as the sides don’t have contact. Stays much cleaner though I find.

Grifo

I have the older style axial coil and i have to use it at 560F on my rdk 300 to get a good vapor. I stopped using it for months after finding out that i liked using a torch. I get better vapor and taste with a torch for some reason. It might be that im using the older coil and looking at it right now the winds or whatever you call it dont make contact there is space in between them.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been loving the flavor I get from the 30mm with 3 terp pearls in it. While I'm cleaning it I've been using a clear banger with opaque inserts. Lately I always can't wait until I get my other banger back. I'm too clumsy for inserts, I get so annoyed and worried using them. I'm going to get another 30mm opaque so I can ditch all the inserts, they just make it harder than it has to be for me.

Grifo

Well - I like it. It's not a white walling like going into a too hot banger - but rather 3-4 long tastey draws. My kid says "you should kick up the temp a bit dad" - so maybe it's not for everyone, but he's playing for team gottacough so...
See I wouldn't get 3 or 4 hits out of it.
Check my video on my previous post...gotta have a tight cap to make a seal
well my caps do work with a torch now that I think about it. I just sent a request.

Edit: wow yeah not even 515 on my auber rdk gets that much vapor.. ...

Last edited:
Grifo,
Reactions: 710Coils

riz0

Well - I like it. It's not a white walling like going into a too hot banger - but rather 3-4 long tastey draws. My kid says "you should kick up the temp a bit dad" - so maybe it's not for everyone, but he's playing for team gottacough so...

480 to 490, 25mm opaque bottom, no insert, (1) 6 or 8mm bead, axial coil - 3 to 4 tasty hits
490, 30mm clear bottom, clear slotted insert (preheated), (1) 6 or 8mm bead, axial coil - 3 to 4 tasty hits

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
People should also keep in mind that 2 people could get a very different number of hits off of the exact same setup/banger.

How big of a dab you're taking and the individual's lung capacity will still be very big variables.

Someone with swimmer's lungs might clear a dab in one hit that would take another person 4 hits.

Personally, I like to clear my dab in one main draw, with maybe a small second hit afterwards. I'd rather take multiple smaller dabs in quick succession than one big dab that takes too many hits to clear.

I don't take massive dabs, usually they're on the order of 0.05g if I had to guess. But I still like using the 30mm banger. It allows me to vape everything quickly and efficiently leaving very little to no residue to mop up with a qtip.

But it's all personal preference. Some days after a long day of school/work, I just need a hammer to the head and load up a glob!

I usually run at 480-490 these days, with 6 - 5mm ruby/sapphire pearls. I drop in a steam roller when it's time to clean the pearls.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
This is true - the dab size is not disclosed in the above posts. I like a BB size - maybe 0.1g? Honestly, it feels lost in a 30mm bucket - but I love how the low temp vapor just continues with good flavor over several draws and I'm able to take those draws without any coughing. I have noticed that several years of vaping have changed the way I inhale from the combustion days of yesteryear.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I like doing lot's of small low temp dabs, that's why I love the axial coil and banger setup. I've been at 515 with 3 pearls, I'll have to try going lower.

Top Bottom