710 coils

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Damn I popped the bottom off this brand new banger (not 710coils) on the first day, guess I need to just move on to an Axial coil; isn't the tolerance a little looser? I have one opaque banger I've been using for over a year with my barrel coil and it's never given me any problems but I guess I need to just get separate coils for my 45 and 90 degree nails to avoid this.

invertedisdead,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@invertedisdead The axial coil does not need to be tight on the sides and just needs to be snug against the bottom of the axial coil. This keeps you from breaking bangers due to coil fit. Shoot me a message when you are ready and I will make sure to get you setup =)

You should be able to swap coils without issue. The most you might need to do is loosen the fit if the second banger was snug in the coil

Shane

riz0

Easiest way to get clip on and Off that I've found is move the clip towards the coil, away from neck of banger and remove pretty easily.

So I got some simple green and a candle warmer... How do you guys deal with the smell? I had to turn it off after an hour and a half due to the smell and getting a headache. I just had it in a half pint Mason jar on the warmer with a banger and some inserts soaking.

riz0,
Reactions: 710Coils

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Easiest way to get clip on and Off that I've found is move the clip towards the coil, away from neck of banger and remove pretty easily.

So I got some simple green and a candle warmer... How do you guys deal with the smell? I had to turn it off after an hour and a half due to the smell and getting a headache. I just had it in a half pint Mason jar on the warmer with a banger and some inserts soaking.

Was the lid on?

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
The lid was off, is it safe to leave the lid on while heating? How long have you let it run with the lid on?

Looking for some new glass. Any opinions on CCG 8 INCH TORUS?
Also, what's the difference between the above link and THIS ONE? (assuming the cheapest clear option one)

Current glass is THIS
Second torus has option for shipping from usa. Personally not a fan of the torus style as it's almost impossible to get all the water out of them.

bizwaxzion,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I feel like one could fashion a clip that could be removed and put on a lot easier. Small neodymium magnets, maybe?

I used to have a few issues when I first got the clips, but quickly got them sorted. The easiest way I've found to do it is to first move the clip away from the curve/neck on the banger. Then, with one hand, hold one end of the clip and the banger together. With the other hand, push the other clip away/off the neck.

As long as you're holding one of the clips stationary against the banger, it's pretty easy to get the clearance necessary to remove the other clip. I found issues arose when one clip wasn't held against the banger. You sort of fight against yourself at that point since one clip pulls the other.

I couldn't imagine taking coils off and on bangers without these clips, Shane! So simple and so effective!

Edit: @riz0 I leave the top on my Mason jar when heating the SG. We're not bringing it to boiling or anything, so I don't think there should be any issue.

If the smell bothers you that much, they do make Simple Green Crystal. That's actually what I use. As far as I can tell, it's SG but without the fragrance or dye.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Even with just clipped fingernails I can get a nail under the double hooks on my clip and pop them off one side or the other easily. I leave the other side on the coil and just put a clean banger back on and then only deal with one side of the hooks for the install.
Admittedly it is easier to do now than when the red o ring was new. Stretching it a little to limber it up may help some folks.

Coincidentally I saw somebody on reddit trying to drum up business for their coil clips and after I saw the picture somebody had already beat me to it in the comments “so basically it’s a zip tie?”
I have to say the person was not far off haha.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I put it in a ziploc bag, then the bag in some water that gets heated. I will still have a little leak out of the top of the bag though while it's working. I use less simple green that way too.

710Coils

Manufacturer
My wife cannot stand the smell of Simple Green. But as long as the top of the jar/bowl is covered. You should not have much smell. But if I did have a garage, it would be done out there =P

The zip tie is actually 3d printed. I spoke to the guy that makes it as he was impressed with my clips =)

The clips as most called out are the easiest to remove when slid away from the neck. But they can be temperamental at times and I have found doing a dab helps with the removal of the clip when they act up =P

biohacker

Looking for some new glass. Any opinions on CCG 8 INCH TORUS?
Also, what's the difference between the above link and THIS ONE? (assuming the cheapest clear option one)

Current glass is THIS

The SoL perk has way too much diffusion IME... it was very noticeable with respect to reclaim. I feel they are better suited for flower vapes.

Similar to your current, although it looks pretty small... these two are my current daily drivers and favourite pieces to use with my 25mm banger. The CCG is definitely nicer, although I don't think it's really worth double the price. I picked up 3 of the cheaper toro clones and they all are awesome, although one was slightly smaller than the other two. No splashback on any of them, and diffusion is textbook (if needed). Reclaim is nearly non-existent, and ISO is not needed, just warm/hot water.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/ccg-...d-cut/412168763.html#s1-2-1b;searl|1065198416

https://www.dhgate.com/product/oil-rig-dabs-toro-dab-oil-rig-glass-water/421272715.html

They cured my GAS, although I kinda want the other CCG colours too!

Last edited:

biohacker

@biohacker - On the cheapies - how's the mouthpiece compare to the CCG and I don't suppose they are available sans logo are they?

No unfortunately they both have logos. The cheapie is more of a scoop style that you put your lips into, with maybe a 1/4" flat edge. The CCG is completely flat with more like a 1/2" flat rim. I like them both, just different.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
No unfortunately they both have logos. The cheapie is more of a scoop style that you put your lips into, with maybe a 1/4" flat edge. The CCG is completely flat with more like a 1/2" flat rim. I like them both, just different.
Thx - was afraid you were going to say that. I have the CCG one (sans logo). Furthermore (and to stay on topic) I love using it with my @710Coils 25mm opaque banger!

biohacker

Furthermore (and to stay on topic) I love using it with my @710Coils 25mm opaque banger!

Ever since getting my clear bangers from Shane, I can't stop appreciating the beauty of them perched up in the joints of these water tools! :D So clean and minimal!

@710Coils have you considered stocking a sweet dab rig like the Toro cheapie I linked? Order 30+ and they're only $12 a pop! Would be a nice part of a "kit" :nod:

4TWinks

If the smell bothers you that much, they do make Simple Green Crystal. That's actually what I use. As far as I can tell, it's SG but without the fragrance or dye.

oh man i love you right now. the smell of crystal green makes me nauseous.

The clips as most called out are the easiest to remove when slid away from the neck. But they can be temperamental at times and I have found doing a dab helps with the removal of the clip when they act up =P

Me: Ah clips acting up better do a dab!
Me 15 minutes later: i am too high to deal with this clip right now.

@710Coils have you considered stocking a sweet dab rig like the Toro cheapie I linked? Order 30+ and they're only $12 a pop! Would be a nice part of a "kit" :nod:

I think something like that would be a good idea. I bought all my first dabbing gear except rig and controller from 710 due to reading such good things. I will always choose great customer service.

Having 0 experience with dabbing and nobody to really teach me(the downside to legal cannanis!), i had to spend weeks learning, and every time i thought i was ready to purchase, i would find a whole new world in some necessary piece.

nails? bangers?oil rigs? flower rigs? percolaters? downstems? dab tools? torches? enails? coils? controllers? carb caps? pearls? inserts?

also then everything comes in 40 different styles and materials. I almost bought everything from eNail just because they had complete ready to kits!

edit: i fucked up a quote(the one tagging shanel and dont know how to fix it

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

710Coils

Manufacturer
I am looking into glass rig options. They were at the bottom of my list since I wanted to get all the dab gear nailed down. I am finally close to this and will look into US and import options =)

Good thing Simple green is eco friendly and can be dumped down the drain without worry

Also will be stocking some Aubers at some point since they are a great budget friendly option

Hope everyone is having a great day =)

Your ever loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

biohacker

do you have a link for the sans logo? definitely not a deal breaker but i'd prefer the clean look

That's a good question because both of their China and USA warehouses stock the logo version. My guess is that @bizwaxzion purchased his before they started to add the labels.

Here is the link to the USA warehouse if you want it quicker and don't mind spending an extra $10, however I do believe they only take western union/bank transfers until they sort out their paypal and credit card processing.

https://www.cleanclearglass420.com/...glass-rig-with-gilded-slitted-cut-perc-14-5mm

biohacker,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
do you have a link for the sans logo? definitely not a deal breaker but i'd prefer the clean look

That's a good question because both of their China and USA warehouses stock the logo version. My guess is that @bizwaxzion purchased his before they started to add the labels.

Here is the link to the USA warehouse if you want it quicker and don't mind spending an extra $10, however I do believe they only take western union/bank transfers until they sort out their paypal and credit card processing.

https://www.cleanclearglass420.com/...glass-rig-with-gilded-slitted-cut-perc-14-5mm

I bought mine through DHGate. I messaged them first and asked if I could get one without the logo and they said to just leave a comment when ordering. I figured it would still show up with a label - but they hooked me up.

Top Bottom