710 coils

biohacker

@biohacker I'm really digging the simplicity of the YQ-21A

It's awesome because you can literally use less than a shot glass full of water! Just wish it came in 14mm, or the banger in 18mm, so I can drop the reducer adapter!

You torchin' @biohacker ? Nice rig, I might have to snag one of them bubble caps :D

Yeah bro! Cold Start Method is the only way I roll! I will eventually get back to the e-nail and axial coil once I get into insert drop ins more and perhaps grab a sapphire or ruby insert then! :D

The quartz pi cap is really nice! Just watch your CAS right @StormyPinkness ?? How many caps are you up to now for your 710Coils banger? :brow:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
It's awesome because you can literally use less than a shot glass full of water! Just wish it came in 14mm, or the banger in 18mm, so I can drop the reducer adapter!

Yeah bro! Cold Start Method is the only way I roll! I will eventually get back to the e-nail and axial coil once I get into insert drop ins more and perhaps grab a sapphire or ruby insert then! :D

The quartz pi cap is really nice! Just watch your CAS right @StormyPinkness ?? How many caps are you up to now for your 710Coils banger? :brow:
Thankfully just 3 so far. Almost 4, but it cost $130 and sat for weeks not shipping and I ended up cancelling it. I'm still super tempted to order it, it's so pretty...

Still buying the octopus banger @710Coils is making though! Along with another mood mat, probably a shirt too...

Edit: ...I'm embarrassed I forgot I have 1 more coming from dhgate right now for $6.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@alltoreup a coil should last some time and my coils are still going strong. I think its the unicorn blood that makes my coils and bangers soo damn good. I hunted for a decent amount of time to find my coil manufacturer. They are the best coil manufacturer out there =)

Stickers landed and Tommy Tubez pencils land today and will be live on the site!!!!!!!!

Shirts and hoodies are just a week or so out and they will also be up for sale!!!!!

Shit is coming together....Slowly but surely =)

Hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey @710Coils ... my 30mm banger landed ... and did my first couple dabs (auto-tuned the PID and dialing in my temps ...)

I don't think the coil is staying snug against the bottom though (so my temps are a little higher then they should be and thus sides are hotter then bottom) ... any tricks to keep it tight to the bottom?

Thanks!

Edit: and one other question ... for everyone really ... is it safe to clean out with distilled water? while hot? I've heard good quality fused quartz "should" withstand quite extreme thermal shock ... but I don't want to test it! :lol:

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@JCat Glad you got everything and here is a link to some pics showing how to attach the coil to the banger with the Axial coil clip. Clip Tech

The main thing is to get the bottom of the banger snug against the bottom of the coil. By attaching the clip the way the pics show. It forces the bottom against the coil and keeps them from slipping apart over time.

I think most lower their temps to 250 or so and then do the distilled cleanup. But you can also soak the banger over night in simple green or ISO and it should also remove any residue.

Let me know how the fitting goes and what temps you are currently dabbing at

Shane

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat Glad you got everything and here is a link to some pics showing how to attach the coil to the banger with the Axial coil clip. Clip Tech

The main thing is to get the bottom of the banger snug against the bottom of the coil. By attaching the clip the way the pics show. It forces the bottom against the coil and keeps them from slipping apart over time.

I think most lower their temps to 250 or so and then do the distilled cleanup. But you can also soak the banger over night in simple green or ISO and it should also remove any residue.

Let me know how the fitting goes and what temps you are currently dabbing at

Shane
Ok ... got it attached properly now :) Thanks! Re-running the auto-tune and saving my profile and trying again.

Tried 475 and 535 so far (up temp 35/35/20 from both) ... trying 475 again now that the coil is snug on the bottom (so starting @ 475 and finishing at 565)

Edit: a burn off @ 999 for 1-3 minutes should do it as well no? with no damage to banger over time?

JCat

Accessory Maker
So I ran a clean cycle @ 999 ... but still have a black ring around the edge ... seems the coil doesn't get good contact right in the edges?

So should I just run it longer than 3-4 min? I get nervous at that temperature for too long ...

My beads and everything else came 100% clean ... don't really like the idea of torching clean ... that's just a recipe for devitrification ...

Edit: so after it cooled to ~200F I wiped it down with a q-tip and some distilled water and everything came right off :) Good as new!

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so my modified script I have my temp set @ 525F ... and it waits 15sec and then drops the temp by 35F ... then once temp is reached, pauses for 30 sec before ending.

This is a "down temp" as opposed to the "up-temp" with the SiC dish and the d-Nail ...

This is with 3x 6mm quartz terp pearls ... I think I need to drop the temp another 10 deg though ... (too hot a little)

Ok ... so what the heck ... here goes one more dab for science sake :science:

Edit: ok ... next one down another 10-15 deg :)

Edit Edit: I'm high as a kite ... (which is unusual for me so likely quite temporary ... it took me much too long to type this sentence!)

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’m also now a proud member of the club too! The VRod coil is freakin awesome! The fit with the head is perfection and it just takes the VRod setup to ultra-posh mode. I’m so thankful that Shane persevered with this coil! I’m really grateful and a bit proud to be able to have this level of kit. I guess you could rightly say the VRod coil from @710Coils has taught me the true meaning of Christmas this year.

:leaf::peace::leaf:

riz0

Not pictured are the terp pearls. Super enjoy all the new toys.
Still playing around with temps and combination of pearls.
Cannot wait for my new glass rig to come in.

Side note, how many people use drop downs or reclaimers with their enail?
I'd like to get one just so I don't have to clean my glass as frequently.
Any cheaper but still decent quality ones you'd recommend?

New rig coming Thursday - DHGate toro-glass-oil-rigs-with-4mm-quartz-banger/384573278

JCat

Accessory Maker
Give 1 6mm and 1 8mm a shot if you want! I've been using this setup for the past week and loving it! :)

I find 3 too chaotic :lol:
Hmmm ... I found when I tried 3x 8mm ones they didn't move much ...

Edit: Was running 480F with a delayed 20F down-temp that holds @ 460F for a while after reaching it (long enough to cleanup after before going back up).

Going to try 475F next though ... think it might still be a touch too hot ... maybe I'll try w/ your mismatched balls recommendation @biohacker ... :lol:

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat that's getting pretty low temp, are you getting any pooling like with your old china banger?
I'm not using an old china banger ... I'm using a 710 coils 30mm opaque w/ an axial coil ...

Edit:

Hey Shane ( @710Coils ),

Wondering about what temps are ok/safe/recommended for cleaning? I've tried 999, 950, 900, and 850, and 999 definitely works best, but I only want to do what's safe for the banger and coil to not cause any damage, discolouration, etc ...

Thanks!

biohacker

I'm not using an old china banger ... I'm using a 710 coils 30mm opaque w/ an axial coil ...

lol yeah I get that! ;) But one of the reasons you tried SiC was due to pooling in your old (high five?) clear quartz banger, so since you are in the mid-upper 400's, I was just curious if you're experiencing any pooling at such low temps, or are you able to take in the dab in one rip?

When I had my axial it was either too hot or too much pooling with lots of hits, but I didn't have it installed on my banger properly! :doh: I had it on the opposite side, because I thought the cord management would be better! :D

Wondering about what temps are ok/safe/recommended for cleaning? I've tried 999, 950, 900, and 850, and 999 definitely works best, but I only want to do what's safe for the banger and coil to not cause any damage, discolouration, etc ...

FWIW, this is from high five, but think it would be reasonable to apply to all?

Temperature Range: 0F-1200F. Recommended Usage Below 1000F

I wonder what kinda temps i'm getting torching for a minute+!?

EDIT: Thanks @gunmetalshark ! :rockon:

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Here´s a outtake of Highlyeducated´s Blog about Quartz :

...Temperature is the catalyst of devitrification. At room temperature, quartz is fairly stable. Atmosphere and surface contaminants are not much to worry about without the addition of increased temperature. The sources vary on the temperature at which devitrification occurs. Some say the phenomenon almost never occurs below 1,150°C (2102°F) as long as no surface contaminants are on the quartz while others say devitrifcation can happen at temperatures as low as 1,000°C (1,832°F). [3&4] It can even occur at temperatures well below 1,000°C if any surface contaminants are on the material. Devitrification in open atmosphere, absent surface contaminants, normally occurs at temperatures exceeding 1,200°C and accelerates with any temperature increase. [4] For reference, butane torches are claimed to develop flame temperatures of up to 1,430°C (2,610°F) [5] and propane torches can reach 1,995°C (3,623°F)"...

https://highlyeducatedti.com/blogs/information/69786883-first-post

So as 999°F are just about 540°C your are pretty save, but i am as always open for correction :)

biohacker

Just for the record and to help Shane with testing, I also torched the fuck outta my 30mm opaque with a Propane torch, for a long time. My banger still looks brand spanking new. And it gets solid USE!

Just my opinion, but until someone actually gets devit on their 710Coils, let's not even worry about it? I mean, it's not like it's a $300 banger or something. But, i'll keep trying! For science! :science:

JCat

Accessory Maker
lol yeah I get that! ;) But one of the reasons you tried SiC was due to pooling in your old (high five?) clear quartz banger, so since you are in the mid-upper 400's, I was just curious if you're experiencing any pooling at such low temps, or are you able to take in the dab in one rip?

When I had my axial it was either too hot or too much pooling with lots of hits, but I didn't have it installed on my banger properly! :doh: I had it on the opposite side, because I thought the cord management would be better! :D
I actually have tried the coil on both sides, and either way, as long as the clip is wrapped correctly around the top--same way Shane shows it in the pics but w/ coil on opposite side--it holds it tight and results seem to be identical; the key is the clip around the top and not the side. Like you I prefer it on the other side for cord management sake.

I'm getting most of it in the first hit, and the rest in the 2nd ... minimal pooling with the pearls (what pooling there is I believe I want as if I turn the temp up higher their is some "burning" of the oil in my opinion and no increased effects.

Edit: @gunmetalshark ... I agree about the temps ... that was what my research told me as well ... but thought I should check w/ Shane what he feels the ok temps are (more for the coil then for the banger at these temps ... as the evidence to support that no devit occurs @ 1000F is ample ... we are well within the safe range there)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But all your fingerprints and its fats etc. and the residue are a lot of contaminants which decreases max. temp to what?

Hogni,
Reactions: 710Coils
Top Bottom