710 coils

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I definitely suck at keeping my 30mm clean (even with q-tips), is an ultrasonic cleaner ok for opaque quartz? I usually just put my glass in there for 1-2 minutes in a bag of warm iso to get it good as new.

2mds3d1.jpg

Im no expert on quartz or opaque dabbing but i may suggest you are dabbing at a bit too high of a temp.

How many dabs would you say you did out of that since it was last clean?

Soak it in ISO, Dark crystal, Simple Green or try hot water.

If not, heat it for like 15 secs with torch and put some dark crystal is the best for me. Maybe try ISO but warm and not hot. And qtip will warm to get out the carbon.

If your gonna use the ultrasonic, maybe move it around when its inside so it can shake the carbon our of the tiny holes.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
Ultrasonic cleaners can sometimes make quartz break at the joints

At least from my experience. This is why I migrated to the candle warmer and simple green. Least amount of stress to my bangers and keeps them clean as a whistle

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Im no expert on quartz or opaque dabbing but i may suggest you are dabbing at a bit too high of a temp.

How many dabs would you say you did out of that since it was last clean?

Soak it in ISO, Dark crystal, Simple Green or try hot water.

If not, heat it for like 15 secs with torch and put some dark crystal is the best for me. Maybe try ISO but warm and not hot. And qtip will warm to get out the carbon.

If your gonna use the ultrasonic, maybe move it around when its inside so it can shake the carbon our of the tiny holes.
I'm at 625-650, I'm still messing around with temps though. I turned it up until I could do rice grain sized amounts in 1-2 hits. I also don't have my bubble cap yet so I'm just using a flat glass lid off a flower jar. I think I'll be able to turn it lower when I start using one with it.

Ultrasonic cleaners can sometimes make quartz break at the joints

At least from my experience. This is why I migrated to the candle warmer and simple green. Least amount of stress to my bangers and keeps them clean as a whistle
For some reason I was thinking the air bubbles in the opaque part would be the problem. I'll try just a warm iso soak at first. I love using my ultrasonic cleaner though, I just might risk it...

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I'm at 625-650, I'm still messing around with temps though. I turned it up until I could do rice grain sized amounts in 1-2 hits. I also don't have my bubble cap yet so I'm just using a flat glass lid off a flower jar. I think I'll be able to turn it lower when I start using one with it.

For some reason I was thinking the air bubbles in the opaque part would be the problem. I'll try just a warm iso soak at first. I love using my ultrasonic cleaner though, I just might risk it...
Worth a try since you use it all the time. These are affordable. And even tho he warned you about it, im sure he will still give you a discount for a replacement if that ultrasonic does wreck havoc on the joint.

That is a tad high. Are you using barrel coil or axial?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Worth a try since you use it all the time. These are affordable. And even tho he warned you about it, im sure he will still give you a discount for a replacement if that ultrasonic does wreck havoc on the joint.

That is a tad high. Are you using barrel coil or axial?
Axial, it fits well and doesn't seem to move position on me. I probably did 30+ hits off of it, eventually I kind of gave up on q-tipping after every hit and figured I'd just clean it really well when I got my bubble cap. I should of tried a wet q-tip like I use on my sic halo. I managed to scratch a little off with just my fingernail.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: 710Coils

sarkunit

I must be dabbing wrong, but I usually get one to two hits off a .125-2 and the q tip clean. After 6 dabs a day since I got it the worst I have is some black build up on the wall/bottom interface and a few streaks of brown on the side walls. I have not chazzed at all in many hits, but I am using a torch and not an axial. I still don't know how low I should go. I q tip a dark brown to mahogany, is this too far or too little heat?

710Coils

Manufacturer
It partially comes down to what you are dabbing. Shatter and thca style dabs tend to not leave as much residue. Where bubble/ice hash and rosins will leave a total mess if not cleaned up quickly

Half the time I can run mine under hot water and it will lift up most of the stuff on the bottom. It’s the sides that need the soaking

Another factor to consider is airflow. High airflow will tend to mean you need to run hotter. Where more restriction will lower airflow and so you can also typically lower your temps some. @StormyPinkness is using the ghetto cap tech right now and that could be a large part of the mess we are seeing =)

sarkunit

jesus dood i thought i was bad lol. Is it weird that im having an easier time cleaning the opaque than the clear one?
I find that since my first real hot hits, after adding in a long minute plus wait time after torching, that I have always q tipped clean on the opaque, which makes me feel like Im doing something wrong. The pearl gets brown after several dabs, but thats it. The left overs are always about the color of my liger reclaim ( a deep red substance I call dragon blood), and q tip right up. I wonder if I am too low, but it feels like I am clearing huge dabs and getting really medicated. Also, I normal don't smoke so much, but there are crumble sales in Tucson right now :)

sarkunit,
Reactions: 710Coils

Baron23

I'm at 625-650

Wow, that's a bit hot for me. I went down from 545 with my opaque quartz to 520 but that was a bit too cool so back up to 545....but no higher and my opaque qtips spotless after every dab. I do use at least two qtips per dab...bit of a clean freak, myself. LOL

That may make a difference...I'm using a fitted barrel coil so I expect at equal temps, that my dab surface is a bit cooler than yours.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Now that I have the axial coil and I have found a good temp to stick with I am perfecting my q-tip tech. It is rather similar to what many do with the halo sic dish. I would dip one side of a q-tip in clean (preferably distilled) water and use the dry side then follow up with the wet side. I do the same thing with the banger but my technique is to clean the floor first by going across in one direction then the other direction so its like a crosshatch pattern. Then I take the dry q tip around the edge and lastly I wipe down my two terp balls. They are the hardest part to clean but I spin them in place kind of with the q tip to try and get as much of their surface area as possible. Then I repeat with the wet q-tip. By the time I am done it looks pretty fresh. This will make my banger last days without a deep clean. For deep cleaning I just crank the temp dial up to 850F and that gets the entire bottom half brand new. For a new looking banger...I just torch it all clean!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Simple Green on the candle warmer melts the side chazz right off, it's the real deal :rockon:

The thing about the e-nail is since it never runs out of heat you just gotta know when to wrap it up and wipe the floor. With torched dabs it cools down automatically like a fail-safe.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@710Coils any plans on offering an extension cable for your coils? I have NewVape's 6' extension for my Flowerpot set up and love it. It allows me to pass the vape around the room without having to move the controller.

If not, any one know a good deal on an extension cable for Shane's coils?

MinnBobber

This is why I migrated to the candle warmer and simple green. Least amount of stress to my bangers and keeps them clean as a whistle
.....................................................................................................................
Could someone give short details, I missed seeing it earlier.
What temp candle warmer ( and what is candle warmer)? Diluted Simple Green?
For how long?

With my torch banger and newbie status, I get some dark dark spots and some kind of simple
soak VS long heat with hot torch, sounds good to me.
Thanks

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Roth IU will look into this. you said yours is just a 6 foot cable? can you shoot me a pic or send me the link so this dog can hunt =)

@MinnBobber the best and cheapest cleaning tech for bangers so far is taking a candle warmer and placing a glass bowl on it with a loose lid and filling the bowl with Simple green. Then you set your bangers in it for a few hours and they will come out ready to be rinsed off and look like new. If there is anything still stuck. Toss it back in for a few more hours and it will come right off.

Here is the list of ingredients:
Candle warmer
Simple green
Glass bowl that can sit on the candle warmer with a loose lid

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber the best and cheapest cleaning tech for bangers so far is taking a candle warmer and placing a glass bowl on it with a loose lid and filling the bowl with Simple green. Then you set your bangers in it for a few hours and they will come out ready to be rinsed off and look like new. If there is anything still stuck. Toss it back in for a few more hours and it will come right off.
Thanks,
for those,like me, that never heard of a candle warmer before (also known as a coffee warmer), here's a picture:
I looked at several but never found the temp of the heated surface. Anybody know or can check?

I'm thinking of alternative, without another gadget-- sous vide banger in a cleaning solution, in water bath
at precise temp of XXX, sealed into airtight/watertight vessel.

34913927-1934-423d-882b-761173e66c0e_1.f7e12330153c78a511ba99edd041f183.jpeg

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Ive ordered some DC clear to try.
I wish I had access to cleaner concentrates as well, as I definitely think rosin is the reason my banger gets dirty so quickly.
I'd picked up a little 10g tub of CBD isolate to play with and I've just tried dropping a scoop of it into the banger with the controller set to 575. I got 2 big lungfulls and cleanup wasn't really needed. I swabbed a cotton bud around and there was hardly a mark on it or the banger.

Also realised I should have set the "oth" on the auber300 to about 67 for a 150w coil :shrug:

Gonna need to do some more squishing for more experimentation....

Last edited:

biohacker

Does mostly everyone with a SiC halo prefer a quartz banger these days??? Is the heat transfer as good? Last time I used a quartz nail I never wanted to dab ever again!

Please convince me to support 710coils! I think I need a banger, cap, and coil! I just am a bit apprehensive about the coils and heating the side walls more than the bottom. I did see a unique style coil that did have the coil wrapping around the bottom of the banger as well.

Tired of watching this thread blow up with the D-nail thread seems to be fizzling out!

Have my eye on you @StormyPinkness ! :tup:

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I guess You HAVE to test the bangers and coils, @biohacker. If not you who else? ;)

There was no one on this thread who rated the D-Nail Sic over the 710Coils bangers, but a lot who rate the bangers a lot over the D-Nail SiC Halos.

You are speaking about the so-called "axial" coils.
Own caps and inserts will come the next weeks from Shane.
Don't forget to order the clips for banger's security's sake and the quartz beads for increased performance!

biohacker

If not you who else? ;)

@StormyPinkness !!! ;)

There was no one on this thread who rated the D-Nail Sic over the 710Coils bangers, but a lot who rate the bangers a lot over the D-Nail SiC Halos.

Quick summary of the reasons why pretty please? :brow::p

Paging Coil and Quartz monger Shane! Take my money and send me an invoice please and thank you! :D

I can't stand by and watch from the sidelines anymore! :rofl::rockon:

Top Bottom