710 coils

Easywider

Simple is the way
My order arrived today :rockon: US - CAD customs were only $17. Everything is looking super sexy and the quality of the coil and banger is fantastic. I'm going to have to replace my flower pot coils now. I was a bit too excited to try this new set up I forgot to dbl check my controller wiring. Everything went dead soon as I plugged in, luckily just fried a fuse. I was able to re-wire and all is well.

Looking forward to seeing the caps and stands, really happy I found this thread!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
@Pyr0 I'm more in the 550-600 range on my PID, you might try a dab around there.
Thanks @invertedisdead ,
I've just had a couple more dabs and I think around 600 is about right for me to be able to pretty much finish it in one.
Feeling pretty smashed again.:science:
I haven't vaped any flower yet this evening. I think I'll sleep well tonight

I think I'm rubbish at qtipping my banger tho, it's really starting to look a bit worse for wear lol
I'm still unable to get the dark bits from right at the edge even with the spear headed qtips and the beads have a tan :p
25zm1d5.jpg

Has anyone got any good tips for cleaning please?

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
The opaque get dirty faster and so I always have one ready so I can swap them out and let the dirty one soak in some simple green in a covered bowl on a candle warmer. Its magical at how clean it gets them. No scrubbing or anything. Just pull them out after a few hours and run your finger inside it while running hot water over it and it will look like new. I rinse mine until they stop feeling slick and drry with a towel

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Thanks @invertedisdead ,
I've just had a couple more dabs and I think around 600 is about right for me to be able to pretty much finish it in one.
Feeling pretty smashed again.:science:
I haven't vaped any flower yet this evening. I think I'll sleep well tonight

I think I'm rubbish at qtipping my banger tho, it's really starting to look a bit worse for wear lol
I'm still unable to get the dark bits from right at the edge even with the spear headed qtips and the beads have a tan :p
25zm1d5.jpg

Has anyone got any good tips for cleaning please?

Opaque bottoms are full of tiny holes which makes it hard to clean with qtips. After 3-5 dabs, you may wanna soak it.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I just compared UK prices to the US ones. It's about 5x more!
Do you mean the SG All-Purpose Cleaner or which version?
And it's reusable?

EDIT: PBW works super on all my glass!

Hogni,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
PBW doesnt work fast like simple green or dark crystal. Its slow and can take a few goes to get it looking new

Also be careful when scrubbing your bangers as micro abrasions to the surface will cause it to get dirty faster. Once I realized this, I only use my finger as an abrasive and anything that doesnt come off with it. Goes back in to soak for a few more hours.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps you should give copper pads a try? It's so less abrasive that it can be used for cleaning Teflon pans.

Or a coco or bamboo brush?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
How well does distilled water work in keeping the opaque bottoms clean? While the banger is warm, maybe 300 or so degrees, can you put a few mL's of distilled water in there to boil off/scrub with your qtip? I do something similar with my SiC Vrod dish and it helps quite a bit.

Edit:

@710Coils good call on the Simple Green, never thought of using that to clean glass. I know it always worked wonders using to clean other things around the house. And it's a non toxic, biodegradable formula too. I was considering picking up some Dark Crystal, but the fact that it has sugar in it is kinda weird to me. Maybe if the SG doesn't work well for, but I doubt that will be the case.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How well does distilled water work in keeping the opaque bottoms clean? While the banger is warm, maybe 300 or so degrees, can you put a few mL's of distilled water in there to boil off/scrub with your qtip? I do something similar with my SiC Vrod dish and it helps quite a bit.

It works pretty well but not as good as the Simple Green. I use a dropper and squirt in some distilled water at 350F or so in between Simple Green soaks to stretch out the banger before a real deep cleaning.

sarkunit

Ok, I have not torch cleaned my banger yet. You guys are all saying a soak in simple green ( the general cleaner available for 4.95 at home depot) cleans them well? I do not have a candle warmer, so how should I go about caring for my new darling banger. I swear, I over medicated last night and fell asleep in my wife's lap listening to youtube and watching patterns behind the lids of my eyes. 2 hit vaporization of .25 grams is crazy, and opaque quartz is next level in my opinion. Best dab surface I have used by far.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I just tried putting in a couple ml of purified water in the banger at 350f on my auber while swirling a few qtips and it helped quite a bit.
There's still a thin dark ring right in the recess but the rest of the bottom of the banger is looking much better and the beads have lightened slightly too.
It'll still need a deep clean, but it's good to go again right now :)

Baron23

Complete noob here, please excuse the lack of knowledge and feel free to edumedicate me ;)
Managed to ditch work. Squashed a gram of strawberry haze which had a pretty decent yield..

Initially I set the auber 300 controller to 510f and let it sit for a few mins with 2 terp pearls in the banger.

Tried a dab and although it tasted quite nice initially, it took me multiple pulls to still not really finish it.

Tried again at 520 and 530 but unable to finish the dab in one. Or maybe I have and the rest should just be mopped up with qtips??
I'm not sure if I'm doing large enough dabs too as I'm not really seeing thick milky clouds.

Also cleaning..
I'm using qtips after every dab and dipping in purified water but I can't seem to keep the base of the banger spotless. There's a brown ring on the side opposite the coil handle. Does this matter? If it does, does anyone have any tips to remove it between dabs?

I used 2 clips, but one band:
2n74k78.jpg

I'm not sure if the cap is sealing properly when swirled. I'm just waiting for the banger to cool so I can check it properly.

I will say after 3 dabs I'm pretty stoned tho lol :smug:

[Edit] yes, because the gordo bubble cap has a second side airflow inlet and because of where it's positioned, the cap isn't perfectly round.
If I lean it to the opposite side, I get a much better seal
I have been typically running about 545 F with my Liger and D-nail Halo but Shane suggested I go down 20-25 degrees with his banger and see what I see.

Before I go on, I should clarify that I no longer view "one and done" as the goal anymore. I did when I first started dabbing...wanting to be like I see on vids, Terpy Tues, etc. One hit and done. So I used to run at 585-600 with the Liger with a VERY tight fitting coil.

But that's no longer my goal and I don't mind if it takes a couple of hits to clear the dab. That's just me but I wanted to point out that one and done is not a universally held goal, right?

So, I dropped my temps to 520 with Shane's banger and personally just felt it was a bit too low so I went back up to 545. Now, this is with live resin, diamonds in sauce, that kind of hydrocarbon, clean, extraction.

I now have a press and have been experimenting with squishing and have made some very tasty rosin. But I have NOT used it yet in my 710coils banger...well, because my opaque 25mm is still pristine clean and I do find rosin to be a much more dirty extraction...we get a lot of plant waxes and fats. So, my Liger is equipped with an Obsidian insert which is stupid easy to completely clean and resists and sort of crud, so that's what I have been hitting my rosin in.

With live resin and the like, my 25mm banger comes very clean very easily.

@Pyr0 - you definitely need a good cap seal to get proper performance. I'm sure you know that already, though! :-)

Anybody else run squished rosin through your banger? Did it stain like Pyr0?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I think maybe if I had a 25mm banger, the cap would seal better.
According to the gordo webpage the cap is designed for use with the highly educated gavel and according to their page, it's a 25mm bucket

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
Rosin will leave a mess and the opaque are prone to showing the remains from the last dab that didn't get cleaned up quick enough. Shatter and thca tends to be much cleaner than bubble/ice hash and rosin.

The trade off for the bit of extra cleaning is the flavor it brings out in your dabs =)

But the clear bangers can handle the messy stuff much better than opaque

@Pyr0 rotate the cap so the side hole is facing towards you when using the cap and it should seal better. The side hole can break the seal if the side hole is facing away from you (From my experience)

But the 25 will always be the easier seal since its much smaller than the big boy 30mm banger.

Once I have some decent samples. I will toss one in the mail for you :rockon:

Shane

Top Bottom