• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ZionM

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
The obvious question is how does it compare to the Splinter Z? Superfluous for people who already own a Z or necessary complement?
Nothing is necessary but it is a whole different experience. Much different technique and again that feeling of wood vs a mod. If you are more of a penny pincher you might not see the value but the collector will want to have both.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
So here are some thoughts on the Zion M.

First off form factor. That big ol' Zion hunk o wood. It's not for everyone but I love it! Mouthpiece storage, herb storage, stir stick storage, it's all there under the cap. That big beefy chunk in hand. It feels solid in hand and exactly like holding a Zion. In fact the only thing different from the Zion on the outside is the voltage knob is replaced by a silver button cover.

But under the hood it's quite different. Its unregulated yes and some people may whine about it but with the technique required here it really doesn't matter. You have 8.4 volts of crank and it's like the Milaana on steroids. Fast as hell. You can easily scorch/combust a load but its somehow still easier to use than the Milaana imo. Basically 2 second preheat and then pulse on and off the button. The thing extracts fast which is different than how I use my Milaana so I'm really digging that.

I am getting some wood char taste but I think that's because Ryan did one of his world famous stress test burn offs with this thing. My Milaana 2 alpha unit bares a scar on the outside for the same thing. Even so I think its gonna need some type of insulation for the trigger happy fools who can't control themselves! :lol:

Outside of that you know the RBT deal....Clouds Clouds Clouds! I like this with the Drydrotube a lot and paired with the larger Zion body it actually doesn't look unwieldy like it can with a Splinter/Milaana.

In the end, for me its another RBT winner and a good chance for those who missed the Zion boat the first time around. I will keep everyone posted on progress if I hear anything new. Feel free to ask questions. :tup:

Thanks for sharing all this good info. How do we know which heater is in the different RBT Splinter models? I thought I read the the Splinter Z has the same heater as the Zion. Is that true? Still I like the look of the Zion a lot and it would be fun to be able to buy one.

David

buddingglasshead

Thanks for sharing all this good info. How do we know which heater is in the different RBT Splinter models? I thought I read the the Splinter Z has the same heater as the Zion. Is that true? Still I like the look of the Zion a lot and it would be fun to be able to buy one.

David

This isn't the Zion. The Zion was regulated via a potentiometer and buck chip. Zion M is unregulated beast with double the heater of the Zion.

Splinter Z has the heater of the Zion. Splinter has the heater from the Milanna.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
This isn't the Zion. The Zion was regulated via a potentiometer and buck chip. Zion M is unregulated beast with double the heater of the Zion.

Splinter Z has the heater of the Zion. Splinter has the heater from the Milanna.
Yep all accurate and thank you. I guess I should have pointed out the heater difference between the Zion and Zion M but I missed that detail.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Is that what you are proposing to do with the Zion bodies? How many will there be?
I'm not sure I understand the question. These are made by RBT, not Vgoodiez. I just beta test and sell them retail when they are ready.

And yes this is how the balance of the left over Zion bodies are being repurposed. I don't have an exact count that will be available but I suspect in the ballpark of 25 units.

VGOODIEZ,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I'm not sure I understand the question. These are made by RBT, not Vgoodiez. I just beta test and sell them retail when they are ready.

And yes this is how the balance of the left over Zion bodies are being repurposed. I don't have an exact count that will be available but I suspect in the ballpark of 25 units.

I’ll you announce on this thread or will RBT announce?

madhockeydad,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... keep eye on Wavy Vapes as the Zion M will be his 100 review. Nice to have such a master of the manual vape running this final Beta unit up for us! Look for a flash sale on IG when they are ready... there is only a handful of these and other US made gear that will be made to close out the US made line. Sure was fun playing vapor maker for all those years but now production is in the hands of quality manufacturing. Thanks for the grass roots support with the IG auctions... more fun to come.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The obvious question is how does it compare to the Splinter Z? Superfluous for people who already own a Z or necessary complement?

The heater is nearly double the size of Zion so as Splinter is to Splinter Z (Zion heater) is to the M... so the vapor is thicker and richer faster with the large heater and high voltage (nearly double at 8.4 V max). So, its like a Milaana had sex with a Zion and a mutant power house was born. It runs fast and hot so you have to be on your game while modulating the button... kinda like a torch vape.

It is the TOD... used to be a thread on it somewhere lol. Shout out to @IAmKrazy2 and @hdspringer for doing the testing "back in the day" ... good times man good times.

If you would like a Zion M please send a blank email to zionm@rastabuddhatao.com. Please note there will be no response. This is simply to collect emails that will be used to notify when the units will be available in the www store, this is not a wait list. Any emails received in excess of the number of Zion Ms that are made will be the start of the 2 battery manual pre-order list if the Zion M is well received.

Keep an eye out for my man Wavy's review of the Zion M for his 100th review!

eideal852

The heater is nearly double the size of Zion so as Splinter is to Splinter Z (Zion heater) is to the M... so the vapor is thicker and richer faster with the large heater and high voltage (nearly double at 8.4 V max). So, its like a Milaana had sex with a Zion and a mutant power house was born. It runs fast and hot so you have to be on your game while modulating the button... kinda like a torch vape.

It is the TOD... used to be a thread on it somewhere lol. Shout out to @IAmKrazy2 and @hdspringer for doing the testing "back in the day" ... good times man good times.

If you would like a Zion M please send a blank email to zionm@rastabuddhatao.com. Please note there will be no response. This is simply to collect emails that will be used to notify when the units will be available in the www store, this is not a wait list. Any emails received in excess of the number of Zion Ms that are made will be the start of the 2 battery manual pre-order list if the Zion M is well received.

Keep an eye out for my man Wavy's review of the Zion M for his 100th review!
sent!

eideal852,

VoidOfCourse

The homie got his review for this beast up!
Great video! Would've personally liked to see some close ups of the ABV in the stem between hits and maybe dumped out after session to access hot spotting (if any) and evenness of heating but we can clearly see this thing easily pumps out some serious clouds and flavor!

Thanks Wavy, congrats on #100 you're a vape legend!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
weekend flash sale of 33% off your order. So please go use the code "RBTlovesFC" and... #loadup

Parts for Zion M are complete. Issue finding the glass as the supplier went out of biz. These should be build the begining of next year. We will reach out to all the folks on the list soon.

started@52

weekend flash sale of 33% off your order. So please go use the code "RBTlovesFC" and... #loadup

Parts for Zion M are complete. Issue finding the glass as the supplier went out of biz. These should be build the begining of next year. We will reach out to all the folks on the list soon.
This I am still very interested in. :tup:

started@52,
Reactions: jbm

seki

If anyone's still interested, it sounds like the project is still in the works. Ryan mentioned that they'd be part of his upcoming 4/20 drop in a recent IG livestream. No mention on the number of units available, but he did mention 20-25 previously.

I got my hands on Wavy's review unit a while back and decided to deck it out a bit.

I always admired the spalted caps that the Z-team got, and those were sort of the inspiration for wanting to do something with this one. The cap that came with the M was a little small, mismatched and as a result the fit wasn't quite as flush as my original unit. I assume this was on account of these being the leftover bodies, so that helped in the decision making process. I contacted @Timberhead about the possibility of making a custom cap. After some discussion, I settled on a bloodwood cap. I thought it would match the amber joint and stems nicely. It turned out way better than I could have hoped for:
zionm-cap1.jpg

zionm-cap1a.jpg

To my surprise, not only did he provide me with the fantastic bloodwood cap above, he also sent along two additional equally amazing caps without asking for another dime:
zionm-cap2.jpg

zionm-cap2a.jpg

zionm-cap3.jpg

zionm-cap3a.jpg

I have to admit, I wasn't too crazy about the stripes initially, but I'm starting to come around and I think the one above is my favourite.

Not only did @Timberhead give me those two without asking for anything extra, being the swell dude that he is, he also sent a spare original Zion stir stick he had from an old broken Zion that he had. I would have paid good money for one and this one just showed up, tucked into the storage slot:
zionm-stems.jpg

To round it out, I also contacted @Vlad the Inhaler to get a couple of custom stems specifically cut to fit the storage compartment and to match the joint colour. The M came with a clear standard length XL8R that was too long for the storage compartment. I ended up going with one stem in his signature vigreux pattern and one in the standard XL8R style.

As mentioned in Wavy's review, this thing is crazy. It heats up quick and I find I'm basically using my Milaana technique with it, only modified to account for the speed and larger heating element. In some ways it's like a Grasshopper had a baby with a Milaana and the kid turned out to be a Shaquille O'Neal type freak of nature. It's still relatively new to me, as I only had it for a month before sending it out to get sized for the cap but so far, I enjoyed doing some convection dabs with it the most and I think if I can dial in the technique, this could be a very effective "single hit clear" type device for me.

MikeRotchHertz

If anyone's still interested, it sounds like the project is still in the works. Ryan mentioned that they'd be part of his upcoming 4/20 drop in a recent IG livestream. No mention on the number of units available, but he did mention 20-25 previously.

I got my hands on Wavy's review unit a while back and decided to deck it out a bit.

I always admired the spalted caps that the Z-team got, and those were sort of the inspiration for wanting to do something with this one. The cap that came with the M was a little small, mismatched and as a result the fit wasn't quite as flush as my original unit. I assume this was on account of these being the leftover bodies, so that helped in the decision making process. I contacted @Timberhead about the possibility of making a custom cap. After some discussion, I settled on a bloodwood cap. I thought it would match the amber joint and stems nicely. It turned out way better than I could have hoped for:
zionm-cap1.jpg

zionm-cap1a.jpg

To my surprise, not only did he provide me with the fantastic bloodwood cap above, he also sent along two additional equally amazing caps without asking for another dime:
zionm-cap2.jpg

zionm-cap2a.jpg

zionm-cap3.jpg

zionm-cap3a.jpg

I have to admit, I wasn't too crazy about the stripes initially, but I'm starting to come around and I think the one above is my favourite.

Not only did @Timberhead give me those two without asking for anything extra, being the swell dude that he is, he also sent a spare original Zion stir stick he had from an old broken Zion that he had. I would have paid good money for one and this one just showed up, tucked into the storage slot:
zionm-stems.jpg

To round it out, I also contacted @Vlad the Inhaler to get a couple of custom stems specifically cut to fit the storage compartment and to match the joint colour. The M came with a clear standard length XL8R that was too long for the storage compartment. I ended up going with one stem in his signature vigreux pattern and one in the standard XL8R style.

As mentioned in Wavy's review, this thing is crazy. It heats up quick and I find I'm basically using my Milaana technique with it, only modified to account for the speed and larger heating element. In some ways it's like a Grasshopper had a baby with a Milaana and the kid turned out to be a Shaquille O'Neal type freak of nature. It's still relatively new to me, as I only had it for a month before sending it out to get sized for the cap but so far, I enjoyed doing some convection dabs with it the most and I think if I can dial in the technique, this could be a very effective "single hit clear" type device for me.
When you mentioned the racing stripe, I wasn't sure what to think. Then I remembered you said @Timberhead was doing it so I knew it was going to be sick. Now i think the last is my favorite variation.

Top Bottom