Discontinued Zion vaporizer

grokit

well-worn member
I had a feeling when ryan said he wasn't going to post here anymore that this could turn into a :shit:show.
Hopefully I was wrong and this is just a momentary detour but fuck man just get them done already!
Or at least communicate with the kindhearted folks that lent you all this money so very long ago.
I had hoped that the drama was over with this fucking vaporizer.

Wishful thinking I suppose :\

:argh:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I had a feeling when ryan said he wasn't going to post here anymore that this could turn into a :shit:show.
Hopefully I was wrong and this is just a momentary detour but fuck man just get them done already!
Or at least communicate with the kindhearted folks that lent you all this money so very long ago.
I had hoped that the drama was over with this fucking vaporizer.

Wishful thinking I suppose :\

:argh:
Refund and snag a splinter? :lol::rant::worms::tinfoil:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After reading his latest update, I have lost the patience that I have had with this product. I don't want to have to depend on the success of his other products in order to get the Zion that I paid for in August of 2015. I've waited enough and am now stepping off this train and requesting a refund.

I hope that the rest of you are rewarded for your patience with a great device someday. You deserve no less.

:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't want to have to depend on the success of his other products in order to get the Zion that I paid for in August of 2015.
Kinda obnoxious the money we gave him for 1 vape is helping fund 2 other vapes for other people who, most likely, didn't throw him $200+.

I appreciate the transparency but damn.

At least I like the Milaana, right?

Maybe enough people will drop off the train that a Zion will randomly appear under my tree.

Farid

In reading the June 2017 update I see reference to "brand ambassadors". Will these individuals have their accounts marked as such, the way manufacturers and accessory makers have their accounts marked? I ask because in threads like "what vape is best for me" bias could come into play.

I also wonder if the fact that new Zions won't go into production until enough money has been made from the Mi and the splinter might cause some who are waiting on their zion to promote the Mi or splinter aggressively out of fear that the Zion will not be made otherwise.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Yeah, It seems like you have to'show your mettle' to earn a place on this train. Even to just keep a place, you have to prove you really want it.

Whilst I would prefer to see a Zion earlier, i also appreciate the transparency. Knowing this, those who prefer can opt out (what a Crappy decision to have to make after all this time, though)

I wonder if the fact that this latest batch also had some issues (sticking power knob, incorrect resistor etc) meant he had to put the breaks on again?

I know I sound like the party faithful, but i still prefer to wait for a fully realised working unit than deal with international shipping for repairs (high cost, more waiting, and uncertainty over whether 'tainted paraphernalia' will be detained and the feds busting down my door-yeah i know, paranoid...)

Of course, ultimately I would prefer all of the above without the extra wait...

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I can understand some of the feelings here. I happen to have some perspective beyond the updates so I feel a bit different myself yet still very much understand the sentiment. Please don't ask me to share beyond that because it's not my business to discuss.

I would however like to say that all hope should not be lost. Ryan has 24 more Zions in production right now and is plugging away. Not as fast as everyone wants of course but still going.....

And as for the bias, boy is that a tricky subject. I happen to have a relationship with several folks in this industry (retailers, manufacturers, industry experts) and have been a beta tester for a number of different units (as many other well respected members and even moderators have). Does this make me biased? Well I suppose you could say so (and I would not argue against it either). However I still feel that I am able to maintain objectivity. I have my favorites. They are generally the first vapes I recommend. But only to people I feel fit the bill for that vape. I ask questions first to understand the users preferences. I have nothing to gain here. I don't make money or receive compensation for my suggestions. I just like to help people and share my knowledge. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.......

Cl4ud3

I'm following on IG and there has been a lot of progress on there with Zions being fitted and buffed, this has been going on for months. Ryan bowed out from here to concentrate on business and I will get my Zion when it comes, not killing me as I have two Milaana's and plenty of other vapes to keep me going till my place on the train comes.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
In reading the June 2017 update I see reference to "brand ambassadors". Will these individuals have their accounts marked as such, the way manufacturers and accessory makers have their accounts marked?
Any "Brand Ambassadors" will have the "company rep" badge under their name. If anyone is currently a brand ambassador and has not yet been given the company rep badge, please PM me. Thanks.

upriver

combustion-free
Been on the train since Aug '15. Been through all the stages of grief, now bemused is the dominating emotion. I remain consistent in my belief that customer support is a crucial cornerstone of a top-shelf business and, as it is increasingly rare, this is low-hanging fruit for shrewd entrepreneurs and passionate customers will not mind paying a premium for it. All that said, I'm remaining patient and do hope this rig proves itself worth the wait.

grokit

well-worn member
I see a zion in the classifieds

:brow:
It looks to be a fine specimen. I almost went for it, then I could get a refund on my order and be done with this. But then I doubled down and pre-ordered a groot, I mean splinter. I wonder what ryan wants, like if he's even into these things anymore or if it's just one more damn zion to make. Not a big deal I suppose, as someone will for sure buy it. I wonder a lot of things. As I said I must be a glutton for punishment :mental:

:sherlock:

little maggie

It's the June update that has stirred things up? I don't know if it's ok to say this here but first: I love my zion, milaanas and ordered the splinter. I love everything Ryan's made and from the June update those who will get upcoming Zions will get ones with far less flaws than ones who got theirs early like me and 22. And I'm glad I waited.
Having said that if I thought it could be months before my Zion, I would get a tubo. It and the zion are tied for first place in my vapes with the tubo having a slight edge because the software keeps getting updated. It's regulated like the zion and unlike my other on-demand vapes.

sickmanfraud

I see a zion in the classifieds

:brow:

not any more.

IIRC I previously expressed to Ryan that a big issue with selling Milaana is that it takes a serious learning curve and many people accidently combust when first starting out.

Getting a negative review from the serious reviewers would be a MAJOR mistake.

He may need to pay a PROFESSIONAL videographer, but a top notch instructional video would help sales immensely. Could even put the video on a USB key and include it with Milaana for newcomers and certainly send the instructional video to reviewers so they can appreciate the Milanna instead of a combustion accident and a bad review.

I am actually planning on selling my Milaana now that I have a Tubo Evic. Evic has instant vapor but the tem is regulated (like Zion?) so unless you set it to combustion temperature you will be fine.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
After reading his latest update, I have lost the patience that I have had with this product. I don't want to have to depend on the success of his other products in order to get the Zion that I paid for in August of 2015. I've waited enough and am now stepping off this train and requesting a refund.

I hope that the rest of you are rewarded for your patience with a great device someday. You deserve no less.

Not sure if I'm far behind you, Stu. If I could get even the paltry interest my purchase in July '15 would have picked up in a passbook savings account, I'd probably already be requesting refund. So yeah... July '15. I was supposed to be in the first wave, but many of us here know just how well Ryan handles business. He skipped me because he never sent me the first email - tho he was aware of the situation long before he sent last batch - or emails to those who were receiving them. Reply from Ryan about this was "TFB - I don't have any more. Stop picking on me". So, at least several (half?) of the Zions that went out last month went to people that ordered a month or later after me. I've kept kept thinking I'm too far in to pull back now, but that is slipping fast and the tubo is looking better every day.

Any "Brand Ambassadors" will have the "company rep" badge under their name. If anyone is currently a brand ambassador and has not yet been given the company rep badge, please PM me. Thanks.

I don't know who would want that moniker attached to their name. But, sure as Hell ain't me. Yeah, I'm the safety supervisor from Chernobyl! Geez!

Idon't think the question is whether it sucks, but rather for those of us that are paid and waiting if they will be available in a realistic time frame.

This is not the first delay and possibly not the last....

You mean "probably not the last", right?

So if I'm reading the latest update on the RBT page properly, the part in between the lines is that if he doesn't sell more Mi's or the splinter doesn't do as well as anticipated, we're fucked with no Zion and probably no refund because the dude has already spent our money - and can't afford to finish the products we paid for. Cynical, yes - but that's about where we sit now - right?

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Having said that if I thought it could be months before my Zion, I would get a tubo. It and the zion are tied for first place in my vapes with the tubo having a slight edge because the software keeps getting updated. It's regulated like the zion and unlike my other on-demand vapes.

Whilst i fully endorse any recommendation for a tubo, i am not sure that they are interchangeable.

The caveat here is i don't own a Zion (yet) but have had a Milaana since they came out, and i assume are fairly similar vape signature (please chime in those who have both).

For me, i find the Tubo and Milaana have completely different vape signature and effects.

Tubo is much more like the Firewood 3, Vaponic and eNano vape signature (kind of heady and euphoric ) wheras Millaana is more 'heavy'. Kind of hard for me to describe the Milaana sig, as it is a little unique in my collection. No other of my Vapes are quite the same so i can't say it's like (insert vape) as i just did above with the Tubo. I assume Zion will be the same but better (due to regulation and easier temp/power selection )

Hope that helps with difficult VAS flare ups.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Whilst i fully endorse any recommendation for a tubo, i am not sure that they are interchangeable.

The caveat here is i don't own a Zion (yet) but have had a Milaana since they came out, and i assume are fairly similar vape signature (please chime in those who have both).

For me, i find the Tubo and Milaana have completely different vape signature and effects.

Tubo is much more like the Firewood 3, Vaponic and eNano vape signature (kind of heady and euphoric ) wheras Millaana is more 'heavy'. Kind of hard for me to describe the Milaana sig, as it is a little unique in my collection. No other of my Vapes are quite the same so i can't say it's like (insert vape) as i just did above with the Tubo. I assume Zion will be the same but better (due to regulation and easier temp/power selection )

Hope that helps with difficult VAS flare ups.

I have both Zion and Tubo, wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Both awesome vapes, anyone can feel free to PM me to discuss comparisons, but it can be a little tricky to do so (been while since I've used Zion now too so should probably revisit now that I am comfortable using Tubo) since they are quite similar yet oh so different

Its a shame @Stu though good on you for staying in as long as you could, no small feat itself. At least you'll get to try one with me some day, I'm still planning to make it out to you eventually! I know we're way overdue, but on the plus side we'll just have more new vapes to share when we finally get together!

Can't fault anyone for feeling disillusioned, this has been a rough journey. I was very fortunate to have been one of the very first $150 pre orders who was chosen to beta test, but FWIW even today I still hold Zion as my most favorite vape I have ever used... However to relieve pressure I will be forgoing my more recent $345 pre order for a fully finalized production Zion, opting instead for a finalized rare wood Milaana (I've only had rough betas) and a Splinter as well, which will have the Zion heater and voltage regulation so should be a fast favorite too I imagine, a viable alternative

No one said this was easy, but despite it all I still believe in the brand, because to me the products are just phenomenal as works of beautiful handcraft with beastly versatile performance. I will continue to support RBT in whatever way I can as this continues, even without being in contact with him like I was in the past, my faith has not really waivered. I know it's tough, but ultimately well worth the wait for the tech and craft imo, this is a tough crazy industry and it's been an interesting ride to say the very least!

Top Bottom