Zeal and Ω

Madtater

SS was delivered yesterday. Solid and well machined for certain.

Figured i would fill it holding it over a bowl in case i dropped some rubies. Grabbed a clean SS mixing bowl from the cupboard and started filling. Dropped the package, hit the side of the bowl an…rubies went everywhere other than the bowl….fml. Put the ss downto start picking up the rubies, rolled off the table and it hit the floor.

It was an abbott and costello skit in my kitchen last night😂

Delivery today hopefully of the rest and with any luck be enjoying the holiday proper tonight.

Cheers everyone and happy 4/20!

Last edited:

onesixty2

Yep, both ways will shorten the life of the coil, one of mine now says EEEE every other time it gets turned on, could just be a coincidence but I am now just getting a coil for each head and only stretching them once to be sure.
What PID are you using? This seems unusual to me, and unrelated to stretching. I at least have mangled the heck out of my first DC 16mm coil testing it out for another head, and it still heats up without any error prompting on my Auber 300b.. an error code would lead me to think a wiring problem moreso..

EarthworldTim

What PID are you using? This seems unusual to me, and unrelated to stretching. I at least have mangled the heck out of my first DC 16mm coil testing it out for another head, and it still heats up without any error prompting on my Auber 300b.. an error code would lead me to think a wiring problem moreso..
I've heard of this happening at least a few times which always made me uneasy with stretching my coil even a little bit for a standard 20mm baller head. That being said the stretch for the zirc zeal went well yesterday and it didn't give me any error messages or anything.

Does it stand to reason that when a coil is stretched significantly to where there's a gap between all of it that the coil needs a more rigorous warm up and more active heating time to maintain temp and therefore potentially reducing the life span?

During burn off yesterday it got super red hot which I hadn't seen to that extent previously when it wasn't stretched significantly. On the other hand the coil will be able to run at lower temps from here on with the zeal so that's nice.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yep, both ways will shorten the life of the coil, one of mine now says EEEE every other time it gets turned on, could just be a coincidence but I am now just getting a coil for each head and only stretching them once to be sure.
That's it not reading the thermocouple if it reads that, it's possible the solder joint was affected from you stretching the coil over and over but I think it's highly unlikely that's what actually caused it fwiw, so breath easy it wasn't anything you did

Afaik know coils that were damaged were from them being straightened out and then rewrapped I thought?

As far as the coil glowing red t in the middle that's perfectly normal as they heat from the middle out

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What PID are you using?
The error shows with my Menovo, never did it until after I fitted it to a baller, does not error on my Auber 200
That's it not reading the thermocouple if it reads that
Correct, I had a flat DNail start doing it after a few hard years of use, the 20mm barrel was not very old when I stretched it and started faulting.
It is also just easier to have a dedicated coil for each baller and will see them rotated more if I don't have to swap coils constantly.

Madtater

(I dont know why the video isnt loading in thenpost)

I LOVE THIS! At 575F the Hit was smooth as a baby’s ass and my WP isnt even super great…which i will be rectifying hopefully shortly. Use was easy as hell. I did try to so a “stir and rehit”, but it was terrible as it was already extracted. Am gonna try to go a bit lower temp tonight after work.

All-in-all easy setup, easy use, great flavor and extraction on that first hit. I need to play a bit more to dial it in, but i am digging it for sure.

Last edited:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
The error shows with my Menovo, never did it until after I fitted it to a baller, does not error on my Auber 200

Correct, I had a flat DNail start doing it after a few hard years of use, the 20mm barrel was not very old when I stretched it and started faulting.
It is also just easier to have a dedicated coil for each baller and will see them rotated more if I don't have to swap coils constantly.
Agreed that is definitely easier to have a coil for each one, this way you only mess with the coil 1 time

shroomi

Looks like i waited for the bowls a bit too much and now both the heads are sold out.
Any restock happening soon? Any news about the lil 22mm diffuser guys?

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Sale Deals GIF by StickerGiant

😂😂😂
We’re shooting for $120 but it’s leaning towards $130 by time fees and little cost are calculated into it.
Xlr Coil is going to be 22mm height so very minimal stretching would be needed.

onesixty2

First time stretching a coil like this, definitely learned a few things, but it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. Probably not the perfect stretch, but i'm decently happy with the results for a first try :D it perfectly snugged up against the top and bottom, without needing to mess with it so I called it good and didn't do any fine touches.

big props to Ed for this stunning handle.

This thing HITS hard and big. Maiden voyage using a 22mm diffuser & zeal.. and wow, the Zeal delivers a punch!

e: 525f on Auber 300b, SS Zeal = one giant hit through the Protégé.. very stoned customer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom