• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ZAM Grinder

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello everyone, my name is Zach and I'm the creator of the ZAM grinder. I've been working on this grinder for quite a while and I'm finally ready to share it with the world!

Please visit my website/instagram for pictures and a detailed description of what makes this grinder different. www.zamgrinders.com. @zamgrinder

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!

- Zach

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hello everyone, my name is Zach and I'm the creator of the ZAM grinder. I've been working on this grinder for quite a while and I'm finally ready to share it with the world!

Please visit my website/instagram for pictures and a detailed description of what makes this grinder different. www.zamgrinders.com. @zamgrinder

- Zach
Welcome Zach and ZAM!

Well done, I like the design and price point!

Looks like a great portable, but I wouldn't discount it's home use applications. I'm one to grind nugs as needed, and this looks perfect for grinding those individually sized doses, in addition to those deep teeth accommodating greater amounts.

Best wishes in this offering.
DDave

PS. DDaveMods.com is not affiliated with this offering. Simply saw a useful product at a great price point, and had to chime in about it.

EDIT: Just noticed "- Ultrasonically cleansed to remove leftover unwanted manufacturing contaminants.".... Above and beyond!

tepictoton

Nice one! Sure looks like you made it a lot more pocketable.

The 100 micron screen might be on the 'smaller' side... I think a 150 micron screen might be more usefull? Mature glands definately can get bigger then 100 micron in size, meaning they will not make it past the screen.

And I also really prefer grinders with trapezium teeth (example Santa cruz shredder) in place of the 'knife with blade on two sides' teeth. It just seems to produce a more fluffy grind. The 'cutting blade' design seems to cut a bit, and press together a lot, leaving behind smaller bits and bigger ones that sometimes seem like they have been compressed.

Still like your idea a lot, just giving you my opinion om what could make it better, at least to me.

Wishing you a lot of succes getting your business up and running!

Ps: what does ZAM stand for?

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Looks really cool, I like the look of it.

Thank you!

Welcome Zach and ZAM!

Well done, I like the design and price point!

Looks like a great portable, but I wouldn't discount it's home use applications. I'm one to grind nugs as needed, and this looks perfect for grinding those individually sized doses, in addition to those deep teeth accommodating greater amounts.

Best wishes in this offering.
DDave

PS. DDaveMods.com is not affiliated with this offering. Simply saw a useful product at a great price point, and had to chime in about it.

EDIT: Just noticed "- Ultrasonically cleansed to remove leftover unwanted manufacturing contaminants.".... Above and beyond!

Hey Dave! Really appreciate the warm words! Thanks

Been following on insta @ZAM

:rockon:Looks super portable

You and your octopus emotes, I see you elykpeace! :) Thanks for the support!

Nice one! Sure looks like you made it a lot more pocketable.

The 100 micron screen might be on the 'smaller' side... I think a 150 micron screen might be more usefull? Mature glands definately can get bigger then 100 micron in size, meaning they will not make it past the screen.

And I also really prefer grinders with trapezium teeth (example Santa cruz shredder) in place of the 'knife with blade on two sides' teeth. It just seems to produce a more fluffy grind. The 'cutting blade' design seems to cut a bit, and press together a lot, leaving behind smaller bits and bigger ones that sometimes seem like they have been compressed.

Still like your idea a lot, just giving you my opinion om what could make it better, at least to me.

Wishing you a lot of succes getting your business up and running!

Ps: what does ZAM stand for?

That's actually a mistake on my part, the 100 micron screen is incorrect. I put that up for formatting and then forgot to change it. I also need the add hole diameter. Suffice it to say, I've still got some work to do. And I agree, I'll make sure the micron size is large enough to collect all that good golden dust.

The teeth shape is tough because everyone has different opinions on what shape works best. I actually plan to make a change to the teeth in the next run. I'd like the top 15% of the teeth to diverge in to a point. This would make it easier to put buds in the grinder without having to force it over the teeth first. Because the teeth are longer, the bottom 85% of the teeth would still be adequate to then grind the cannabis.

I've got a couple grinders going out to users on this forum, as well as reputable cannabis influences/reviewers to test. If the community agrees the shape of the teeth should be different, it'll be done.

ZAM is my initials! I think it's an easy to remember name that stands out. Plus it's my name. so you know, it's super cool. haha

Baron23

- Zach
I agree that this is a keen looking device and, like Dave, I appreciate the price point. I'm an older guy who rarely vapes outside of my home, so perhaps not the best device for me. But, there are a LOT of folks who like to go portable and take their vape habit with them camping, fishing, hiking, whatever. This looks very nice for these type of active vaporists.

So, pics of ground MJ bud? That's the key and I believe is the part that most folks would be interested in seeing. Please, no ground lavender or other herbs. But ground MJ pics would be very nice, please.

Cheers

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
I agree that this is a keen looking device and, like Dave, I appreciate the price point. I'm an older guy who rarely vapes outside of my home, so perhaps not the best device for me. But, there are a LOT of folks who like to go portable and take their vape habit with them camping, fishing, hiking, whatever. This looks very nice for these type of active vaporists.

So, pics of ground MJ bud? That's the key and I believe is the part that most folks would be interested in seeing. Please, no ground lavender or other herbs. But ground MJ pics would be very nice, please.

Cheers

Hey Baron, thank you! I know grind consistency is important, and I have grinders going out to a couple members on here, so I think I’m going to simply wait for their non-biased opinions to be shared here.

I believe they will give my grinder a fair consideration. That should be in less than a week or so. Thanks,

- Zach

lazylathe

Almost there...
Late to the party...:rant:

Zach and I have been chatting for a while now about his new grinder.
Waiting on mine to arrive so that I can review it correctly!

For now some thoughts:
There are some remarkable design improvements that I have not seen on any other grinder, correct me if I am wrong.

The major two improvement that jump right out are the lack of center post and magnet.
A circular magnet is used instead and is located right at the top.
The chamber is 100% teeth!

It measures in at 1.1 Inches diameter and 3.8 Inches long with all the parts!
That's small and very pocket-able!
For it's small size, extra knurling/grip was added to give the user maximum torque without slipping.

At the very top there is an airtight compartment that can house a variety of different dishes.
Anything from a PTFE concentrate dish, a debowler or empty for your herb.

There is an optional 80 micron screen for kief/pollen.

All this for $40 sounds very reasonable!

Website is very clean and minimalist and tells you everything you need to know about the grinder!
Made in China but designed and hand assembled in the USA.

Here are a few pics with a Bic for reference!

Fully assembled
1.jpg

With kief/pollen screen removed
6.jpg

Here you can see the circular neodymium magnet!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
3.jpg

And a sexy screen!:cool:
5.jpg

Looking forward to putting this little grinder through it's paces!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I hope to have one early this week. Looking forward to trying something different. I'll be sharing back here once I've had a chance to play with it for a bit.

The first unique thing that stuck out to me once @ZAM had info on the current version up was of course, the cylindrical magnet, and the fact that it's "all teeth".
The second is the multiple options for the top compartment. Makes the grinder customizable/multifunctional.

I'm curious about the finish, and how quickly it will collect buildup

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I received my unit for testing today. Give me several days to play with it before I get back with a review.
I'm impressed at first look. This is better quality than I was expecting. The finish looks good, the magnet band seems to work well (I can turn it upside down and shake it, and it doesn't separate), and I LOVE the de-bowler in the top section. Most grinders don't have a compartment like that to save my ABV till I get home.

Did you get yours today as well, @lazylathe ?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I received my unit for testing today. Give me several days to play with it before I get back with a review.
I'm impressed at first look. This is better quality than I was expecting. The finish looks good, the magnet band seems to work well (I can turn it upside down and shake it, and it doesn't separate), and I LOVE the de-bowler in the top section. Most grinders don't have a compartment like that to save my ABV till I get home.

Awesome stuff!!!
Mine should be here next week as I had a stoner moment and thought I had supplied my shipping address, while i had done nothing in reality... Lol!!!

Very excited to test this grinder out!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Looks nice, I like the pocket-friendly form factor (the pocket-friendly price point does not hurt!).

Can we please see pictures of the catch area along with any comments that may be useful about capacity?

TIA! (Thanks In Advance)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

how much product fits into the teeth sections and will still grind with ease?
Can it fit a full g?

Jethro

I'm picking one of these up. Nice looking, very portable looking device with a debowler, I like the form factor, looks like a good match for a vap cap or other efficient vapes. I'll post back when I get to play with mine. 40 bucks and free shipping?? SOLD! I'm in.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
I'm picking one of these up. Nice looking, very portable looking device with a debowler, I like the form factor, looks like a good match for a vap cap or other efficient vapes. I'll post back when I get to play with mine. 40 bucks and free shipping?? SOLD! I'm in.

I have one on the way as well. I'lI be sure to update you guys on my impressions but it'll be a week at least, I think.

Thank you! You guys won't regret it! Shipping takes ~ 3 days in the continental United States, international (Canada, UK) takes about a week and a half.

Unfortunately Shopify, the platform I use to handle payments on the website, has decided that my website is related to cannabis (maybe...), and has suspended my ability to take payments. I need to use a 3rd party payment processor which should only take a couple days to set up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If the website isn't taking your payment, but you want a grinder, please PM me and I'll get you sorted out.

Thanks,

- Zach

Top Bottom