• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

You cant trust concentrates these days

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
One of SoCals favorite prefilled carts.... testing over 80x for Myclobutanil levels :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf6r2kOlOWq/?taken-by=datdude41510

I have not personally bought a prefilled cartridge in over 5 years. They are actually my favorite way to medicate, but I do not know where to find a safe trusted source of distillate or C02 oil in this economy.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
From that link above:--

"Let's look into the numbers on 710KP Lemonhaze cartridges I purchased. The Bifenazate numbers are over 20x the legal limits. Now the carts tested positive for Bifenthtrin, however the carts were well within the legal limits. The carts also test positive for Myclobutanil coming in at 80x the legal limit. Carts also tested positive for Tebucanazole coming in almost 3x limit, positive for Trifloxystrobin almost 22x the limit. Lastly the carts tested positive for Permethrin and is roughly 15x over the limit. Translation this stuff is rather toxic. "

That tells me that since the shit storm that was the Chalice Festival(over 90% of submitted products were tainted with pesticides), not much has changed since new regs were put in place.

Kudos to the few in Cali doing it right

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
From that link above:--

"Let's look into the numbers on 710KP Lemonhaze cartridges I purchased. The Bifenazate numbers are over 20x the legal limits. Now the carts tested positive for Bifenthtrin, however the carts were well within the legal limits. The carts also test positive for Myclobutanil coming in at 80x the legal limit. Carts also tested positive for Tebucanazole coming in almost 3x limit, positive for Trifloxystrobin almost 22x the limit. Lastly the carts tested positive for Permethrin and is roughly 15x over the limit. Translation this stuff is rather toxic. "

That tells me that since the shit storm that was the Chalice Festival(over 90% of submitted products were tainted with pesticides), not much has changed since new regs were put in place.

Kudos to the few in Cali doing it right

Not shits changed, Bunch of crooks with no backbone. Problem is the dirty distillate is so cheap these lames just can't resist. American Greed. It doesn't help that the general public is absolutely obsessed with prefilled cartridges which makes the whole thing so much more lucrative.

Its fucking disgraceful to consider any of this "medical marijuana"

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
since I haven't been able to find PopNaturals for awhile, any read on if Bloom is keeping their stuff clean?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Whats ridiculous is that things can be done right. Those who do it right share their knowledge and process. We should be so lucky that the best of the best aren't quite as greedy as the ones putting poison in our meds. The caregivers need to switch over to organic grown cannabis, offer flowers, hash in all it's various forms, rosin, edibles made from those same clean sources. We need small form factor tank tech to work with full melt and rosin.

Whitewidow

Make them yourself, from your own bud using rosin tek and you will be fine!

If I wanted to make my own from rosin or BHO wax. I remember seeing someone selling the solution for mixing a bit ago. Can you recommend a trusted brand to make my own and safe to ship to a illegal state?

Whitewidow,
Reactions: PPN

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
not using cartridges, just their syringes, but I doubt THAT matters :(
going to text this to the 'bud-tender'/asst manager at my dispensary.

Man distillate in SoCal is just so risky right now. I would be skeptical unless it comes with clean test results or directly from the distillation technician. It's unfortunate that many of these dispensaries have no clue, my local shops are the same, but they swear everything they sell is "organic" and clean so they are oblivious are heartless, one or the other. Maybe both!

Have you considered rosin? The solventless guys are usually a bit more ethical than some of these huge brands.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
If I wanted to make my own from rosin or BHO wax. I remember seeing someone selling the solution for mixing a bit ago. Can you recommend a trusted brand to make my own and safe to ship to a illegal state?
I don't understand, do you want a solution to extract (rosin tek or bho) or something else...?

Most europeans retailers sell what you need for bho or rosin, if you want some high quality bho systems give a look at herborizer.com but it's not cheap! Personnaly I followed the cheap path and use a Honey Bee for bho and a hair straightener for rosin. You'll need quality filtered butane and unbleached coffee filters and a vacuum pump (although you can avoid it if you process less than 2g of finished product/shatter and add some drops of ethanol to helps the tane to get out while sitting on a 55-60°C bain-marie). For Rosin you'll need some cooking parchment or ptfe sheets, there is a famous brand called Oil slick for both, a hair straightener with ceramic plate (or better option), a clamp and a dab tool.

My daughter is calling me, ask to me if you want any info I can give you...

PPN,

Stay clear of using any additives with your rosin. It's all garbage and so not necessary.

Why don't you consider growing your own plants, organically? It's not rocket science. Anyone can do it whether your location is legal or not. The trick is to keep it small and grow inside a cabinet or tent where you have control over temperature, humidity and the smell during flowering.

I'm on my third grow. One plant at a time in a steel cabinet. I control every aspect of the grow. No pesticides, aquifer water, no nutrients other than what is in the soil mix. The result is pristine, clean flower that I harvest and press myself for use in vape cartridges. It cannot get any better than the way I'm doing it. I lay the whole process, here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348693

Whitewidow

I don't understand, do you want a solution to extract (rosin tek or bho) or something else...?

Most europeans retailers sell what you need for bho or rosin, if you want some high quality bho systems give a look at herborizer.com but it's not cheap! Personnaly I followed the cheap path and use a Honey Bee for bho and a hair straightener for rosin. You'll need quality filtered butane and unbleached coffee filters and a vacuum pump (although you can avoid it if you process less than 2g of finished product/shatter and add some drops of ethanol to helps the tane to get out while sitting on a 55-60°C bain-marie). For Rosin you'll need some cooking parchment or ptfe sheets, there is a famous brand called Oil slick for both, a hair straightener with ceramic plate (or better option), a clamp and a dab tool.

My daughter is calling me, ask to me if you want any info I can give you...

Stay clear of using any additives with your rosin. It's all garbage and so not necessary.

Why don't you consider growing your own plants, organically? It's not rocket science. Anyone can do it whether your location is legal or not. The trick is to keep it small and grow inside a cabinet or tent where you have control over temperature, humidity and the smell during flowering.

I'm on my third grow. One plant at a time in a steel cabinet. I control every aspect of the grow. No pesticides, aquifer water, no nutrients other than what is in the soil mix. The result is pristine, clean flower that I harvest and press myself for use in vape cartridges. It cannot get any better than the way I'm doing it. I lay the whole process, here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348693

The extract I get is quality product. I just wanted recommendation on the solvent to use to make it "vapeable" in cartridges. There are pre-filled cartridges going around called "Gas Tanks" claiming high concentration. But I find it hard to believe as extracts need to be diluted to have the viscosity for a cartridge. Also worry about contamination because they irritated my throat.

I see you used this http://vapeurextract.com/flavorless/ but moved to another method. Is there something wrong with this solution? Any other recommendations?

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Its fucking disgraceful to consider any of this "medical marijuana"

...i feel as if the term 'medical' is tossed around as a marketing term(or loop hole in this case) anymore, the same with 'organic', 'green' or 'gluten-free'... most of the time those words are added for none other than for the sake of adding words and getting your attention...

:2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The extract I get is quality product. I just wanted recommendation on the solvent to use to make it "vapeable" in cartridges. There are pre-filled cartridges going around called "Gas Tanks" claiming high concentration. But I find it hard to believe as extracts need to be diluted to have the viscosity for a cartridge. Also worry about contamination because they irritated my throat.

I see you used this http://vapeurextract.com/flavorless/ but moved to another method. Is there something wrong with this solution? Any other recommendations?
I think what you are looking for is Terpènes, there is some extracted from industrial hemp (cheaper) and others extracted from our beloved flowers (a lot more expensive).
Terpènes add some taste but makes your concentrate runny in order to use it in a cart.

The extract I get is quality product. I just wanted recommendation on the solvent to use to make it "vapeable" in cartridges.... I see you used this http://vapeurextract.com/flavorless/ but moved to another method. Is there something wrong with this solution?...

Assume you are addressing this question to me.

The vapeurextract products all contain PEG, VG and PG to some degree. I found the results to be way to harsh on my throat. After much research, I decided I did not want to be inhaling any of these chemicals so I looked for an alternative. That was how I got on to trying to make concentrates without these harmful substances in them.

With the introduction of the better 510 cartridges that will accept thick concentrate there is no need to have to dilute the product.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
One of SoCals favorite prefilled carts.... testing over 80x for Myclobutanil levels :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf6r2kOlOWq/?taken-by=datdude41510

I have not personally bought a prefilled cartridge in over 5 years. They are actually my favorite way to medicate, but I do not know where to find a safe trusted source of distillate or C02 oil in this economy.

Damn...test results like that are just scandalous. I can accept trace levels that are "at" or "near" the "acceptable level" but failing with results 80-200x the acceptable limit! :puke:

Thanks for posting that....@datdude41510 is doing us all a great service. :bowdown:Have you seen any test results for gold drop, or "bakked" brand dablicators, (the same proprietor as "o.pen vape") or jetty extracts? How about americanna? :D

Those 4 brands make up the entirety of my stash of co2s and distillates ATM... :uhoh:

Edit: Yesss...jetty extracts clean? :D

not using cartridges, just their syringes, but I doubt THAT matters :(
going to text this to the 'bud-tender'/asst manager at my dispensary.

I'm just using my own tanks / coils like my friend tunes...and filling them with the pre-filled syringes or jars. But regarding purity, lack of pesticides, etc., that shouldn't matter if I'm buying their syringe or applicator as opposed to the pre-filled tank. My syringe might be lacking the PG or MCT oil that's watering down their pre-filled little tank, but it will still have all the contaminants if that's in their oil and flowers to start with. :rant:

I thought we were supposed to have mandatory lab testing for all products by now? How long is this grandfather-clause, grace-period of dirty meds going to last? :shrug::bang:

Have you considered rosin? The solventless guys are usually a bit more ethical than some of these huge brands.

(you're talking to looney, but...) Besides the plucky little V9 liberty tanks, I haven't come across any other tanks, whether they are small for concentrates, or large E-cig tanks that also work well for concentrates, that can easily be filled and adequately handle concentrates like rosin without the need to break them down with extra terpenes or chemical solvents.

I know a bunch of people, mostly in non-legal jurisdictions, are jumping through technical & chemistry hoops to liquefy concentrates like wax and shatter and rosin for tank usage, and the addition of solvents like PEG and MCT oil are highly questionable to me. :suspicious: So poor and self-defeating, especially for medical usages, I highly recommend LAYG atomizers with a TC mod over PEG+cbd isolate on an unregulated vape pen tank any day. :(

But for my high-performing donut tanks that are well-tuned for runny concentrates, I'd hope I can at least source clean co2 oil and distillate to fill them with, not even in the land that first brought us legal cannabis? :rolleyes: (cmon guys)

Last edited:

Tranquility

I thought we were supposed to have mandatory lab testing for all products by now? How long is this grandfather-clause, grace-period of dirty meds going to last? :shrug::bang:

In CA, I believe July 1 is the end of all the six month grandfather clause rules. They can still sell untested after that, but it has to already be in inventory and be labeled as such before that date.

As an aside, the state does not have the capacity of licensed, clean product or enough labs to test it now and there is some fear that when July comes, legal supply will dry up and people will flow back to the quasi and black markets to meet needs.

looney2nz

Damn...test results like that are just scandalous. I can accept trace levels that are "at" or "near" the "acceptable level" but failing with results 80-200x the acceptable limit! :puke:

Thanks for posting that....@datdude41510 is doing us all a great service. :bowdown:Have you seen any test results for gold drop, or "bakked" brand dablicators, (the same proprietor as "o.pen vape") or jetty extracts? How about americanna? :D

Those 4 brands make up the entirety of my stash of co2s and distillates ATM... :uhoh:

Edit: Yesss...jetty extracts clean? :D

I'm just using my own tanks / coils like my friend tunes...and filling them with the pre-filled syringes or jars. But regarding purity, lack of pesticides, etc., that shouldn't matter if I'm buying their syringe or applicator as opposed to the pre-filled tank. My syringe might be lacking the PG or MCT oil that's watering down their pre-filled little tank, but it will still have all the contaminants if that's in their oil and flowers to start with. :rant:

(you're talking to looney, but...) Besides the plucky little V9 liberty tanks, I haven't come across any other tanks, whether they are small for concentrates, or large E-cig tanks that also work well for concentrates, that can easily be filled and adequately handle concentrates like rosin without the need to break them down with extra terpenes or chemical solvents.

I know a bunch of people, mostly in non-legal jurisdictions, are jumping through technical & chemistry hoops to liquefy concentrates like wax and shatter and rosin for tank usage, and the addition of solvents like PEG and MCT oil are highly questionable to me. :suspicious: So poor and self-defeating, especially for medical usages, I highly recommend LAYG atomizers with a TC mod over PEG+cbd isolate on an unregulated vape pen tank any day. :(

But for my high-performing donut tanks that are well-tuned for runny concentrates, I'd hope I can at least source clean co2 oil and distillate to fill them with, not even in the land that first brought us legal cannabis? :rolleyes: (cmon guys)

@Vape Donkey 650 Brother, it's a MESS in so cal :( Dispensary I use has been one of the best, but they are getting their ass handed to them, 'cause they don't have much in the way of product. I hear many claims of 'organic' grows, but none are 'Clean Green Certified' (the only existing standards certification), all of the concentrate (like the damn Bloom) are labelled with 'This product has not been tested as required by the Medicinal and Adult-use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act' :( I've been buying more rosin, but again, 'organic' :( Almost no edibles, the ones there follow the 10mg per dose approach (who signed off on that for medical patients???) I haven't been able to find Bhang Bars, Kaneh Co baked goods or PopNaturals CO2 oils :( Have been hurting myself to make my own brownies again... still vastly better than commercial stuff. Wish I had more access to quality kief. Sadly I'm not sure of the state of many of the Clean Green Growers that were in the fire zones... have to follow-up on that. I dream of moving and having a moderate size wheelchair accessible blackout greenhouse and my own organic supply :)

So much for all those heated discussions about lab testing and organic grows for years on ASA web forums!

Pretty heavily medicated, bone marrow biopsy yesterday... hurt WAY more than the 1st one 5 years ago... I think the CBD must be helping, as the doc said 'damn your bone is HARD!'.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Almost no edibles, the ones there follow the 10mg per dose approach (who signed off on that for medical patients???) I haven't been able to find Bhang Bars, Kaneh Co baked goods or PopNaturals CO2 oils :( Have been hurting myself to make my own brownies again... still vastly better than commercial stuff. Wish I had more access to quality kief. Sadly I'm not sure of the state of many of the Clean Green Growers that were in the fire zones... have to follow-up on that. I dream of moving and having a moderate size wheelchair accessible blackout greenhouse and my own organic supply :)

Do you have someone that could help prepare some edibles for you if you aren't able? It's so much cheaper to use a gram of extract and make your own, the edible prices are outrageous now. I mean they always were, but with the milligram restrictions its even worse. really feel for you bro, the state of our medical market is really bad right now.

looney2nz

Do you have someone that could help prepare some edibles for you if you aren't able? It's so much cheaper to use a gram of extract and make your own, the edible prices are outrageous now. I mean they always were, but with the milligram restrictions its even worse. really feel for you bro, the state of our medical market is really bad right now.

well, I can't ask my caregiver, as she's sober and working the program (she's well aware of my medication, but I try not to have it in her face), I have had help a few times from family, and that's worked out nicely.

I can make much more powerful edibles than the stuff that was out even before the prop 64.
Last batch I used around 4 grams of concentrate, and I divide that into 64 doses.
Sadly, I can still consume 4 a day.
Previously I made stuff with organic flower, and for a time I had an abundance of high quality kief from friends in the Emerald Triangle (organic as well).
But making it from concentrate is a LOT less work, if you can rely on the damn concentrate... starting to wonder about that ethanol extractor that has a thread on here. If I can only find a "Clean Green Certified Organic' source for the 'varietals' I like in my mix.

I'm really pissed about how medical has been treated, this smacks of what they did in Washington State :(

Between the excise and grow tax (even without the sales tax, which requires a state medical card) prices have almost doubled. That's helping the medical patients out big time :(

And then they throw some idiotic thing in to discriminate against medical patients... if you have a state medical ID card, you cannot own a firearm. Huh? Some poor shmuck who lives in the foothills by coyotes, bears, mountain lions... but because he uses cannabis for his cancer, or crohns, or rheumatoid arthritis, he's more dangerous that someone on opiods, benzos, not to mention alcohol and cannot legally own a weapon??? effin' lunacy.

Tranquility

And then they throw some idiotic thing in to discriminate against medical patients... if you have a state medical ID card, you cannot own a firearm. Huh? Some poor shmuck who lives in the foothills by coyotes, bears, mountain lions... but because he uses cannabis for his cancer, or crohns, or rheumatoid arthritis, he's more dangerous that someone on opiods, benzos, not to mention alcohol and cannot legally own a weapon??? effin' lunacy.
Have you heard of the state's DOJ team actually seizing a firearm because a person is registered with the county (To get the medical ID card)?

While I believe the law is unclear on the matter, the only case I know of is where a person with an ID card was known to have the card by a licensed firearm dealer who denied a sale because of the prohibition to sell to prohibited persons (For addicted to drugs.). The court held that was permissible. But, it did not determine that the cardholder was a prohibited person but that the dealer could infer he was--since selling is not required for any of a number of reasons.

I think firearm rights is a BIG issue to the medical use community because of required registration for tax avoidance. But, I don't think the answer is clear yet. (I know how the ATF feels in regards to filling out the forms to take possession of the weapon. A bureaucratic position that has not been tested in courts yet.)

Tranquility,

looney2nz

Have you heard of the state's DOJ team actually seizing a firearm because a person is registered with the county (To get the medical ID card)?

While I believe the law is unclear on the matter, the only case I know of is where a person with an ID card was known to have the card by a licensed firearm dealer who denied a sale because of the prohibition to sell to prohibited persons (For addicted to drugs.). The court held that was permissible. But, it did not determine that the cardholder was a prohibited person but that the dealer could infer he was--since selling is not required for any of a number of reasons.

I think firearm rights is a BIG issue to the medical use community because of required registration for tax avoidance. But, I don't think the answer is clear yet. (I know how the ATF feels in regards to filling out the forms to take possession of the weapon. A bureaucratic position that has not been tested in courts yet.)

oh I fully expect this to get shot down in court.

looney2nz,
Top Bottom