• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

You cant trust concentrates these days

jules172

Hey what battery do you use? I'm looking at the [swan] https://smokingvapor.com/the-swan-vaporizer-3.html at the moment at it seems pretty enticing. Any recommendations? I'm looking for sleek, slim, and good quality.

Also, what voltage is good for these type of carts?

For the 710 Kingpen carts I have, they recommended 3.2 to 3.6 MAX. I keep it on 3.4. I looked at the swan but didn't like the sticker design on the sides. I got a MigVapor Herb-E OVP. Similar function, a little sleeker, more affordable.

https://www.migvapor.com/vaporizers/wax-dab-vape-pens/ovp-battery-for-pre-filled-510-cartridges

pressure

I got to try to more vapes, and im a little new with the lingo so bear with me.

My friend had THE CLEAR. Its a banana flavor and it hits very nice in my cheap Chinese CBD pen Ihe used

I also got a brand called BRASS KNUCKLES, I heard they were one of the best.I got SVO OG and I got tohoe OG

the SVO was way to tick and I needed a push button pen to use it, but the tahoe works in my other pen

I had some actual real SVO OG bud from cali.

well the clear is pretty good its like taking a mini dab in a pen, but it taste like banana chemicals. Is this a strain of weed banana> I remember blue berries from the 1990s is banana some new strain? or is it added chemical "terps"

the brass knuckles i wasnt impressed with. I dont know I cant see spending $60 a gram on that, the weed is better, smoked or in a vape.

pressure,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The Clear has "franchised" their operations outside of California. In Colorado, they are made by a company called Mahatma, who had a prior rep for being caught with banned pesticides in their product. I cannot any longer recommend The Clear products.

@pressure -- No, they use reintroduced terps.
As for those Brassknuckle carts....you may want to reconsider using them as well.

BRASS KNUCKLES FAILS LAB TEST! Why We Test Cannabis.

Silver420Surfer,

pressure

The Clear has "franchised" their operations outside of California. In Colorado, they are made by a company called Mahatma, who had a prior rep for being caught with banned pesticides in their product. I cannot any longer recommend The Clear products.

@pressure -- No, they use reintroduced terps.
As for those Brassknuckle carts....you may want to reconsider using them as well.

BRASS KNUCKLES FAILS LAB TEST! Why We Test Cannabis.

do you have another link? I tried to go to the link but my no script pluggin wont let me see it

I checked SC labs and they looked legit

https://client.sclabs.com/client/4098/?view=clientgrid&client_ids=4098

I did notice the muscle spams again when I tried the oils.

I have noticed some oils give me these spasms in my left arm.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@pressure --Heres the article text.

"The Vape and Concentrate company Brass Knuckles has been getting slammed these last few days after their recent lab tests became public. This is a hit to both Brass Knuckles and the company that previously tested them SC Labs. Brass Knuckles isn't the only company doing this as we wrote in our previous article.

Lab tested cannabis products have become a norm in the industry. Most dispensaries will not even consider you unless you have the lab results available. Since cannabis is still illegal federally, there is no government regulation on lab testing, so certain testing sites are not as reliable as others.

Thankfully, there are labs that will put big name brands on blast when they provide shit products. As we have found out, 93% of cannabis products are pesticide ridden. A big company that just got blasted was Brass Knuckles. The internet is literally losing their minds right now over this test.

Below are the results:

8e2851_ef03a8df783e466390b89874836306a2%7Emv2.jpg

Let’s break down what these pesticides are, and what damage this Brass Knuckles Product can do to you.

8e2851_09676258f58d45d5b07df40d79e56cbe%7Emv2.jpg

• Bifenazate: The EPA has labeled this product for non-food use and stated that this should be only used in small doses. The EPA has not even tested it for human toxicity since it SHOULD NOT be used in excessive levels.

8e2851_f91d056e1deb45938ce888fa1645a357%7Emv2.jpeg

• Imazalil: Honestly, what’s not toxic about this product? Here’s the gist. It has high toxicity as:
    • PAN Bad Actor Chemical

• Carcinogen

• Developmental or Reproductive Toxin

8e2851_fbbdc1e495864b8bb1edd3f425978d3e%7Emv2.jpg

• Myclobutanil: Commonly found in Eagle 20 Fungicidal Pesticide. This is not even approved in the US with tobacco products... Workers exposed to this have reported these symptoms:
    • Skin Rash

• Allergic Dermatitis

• Itchiness

• Nausea

• Headache

• Diarrhea

• Abdominal Pain

• Vomiting

• Nosebleed

• Eye Irritation
Chronic toxicity tests on rats found Decreased Body, Brain & Spleen Weight. Once this product is introduced to the plant, you cannot get rid of it until multiple generations of clones later.

8e2851_3b579eb050d14d8580da715111eb2858%7Emv2.jpg

• Permethrin: This insecticide can do major damage. If Inhaled, these are the effects:
    • Irritation in Nose & Lungs

• Difficulty Breathing

• Headaches

• Dizziness

• Nausea and Vomiting
8e2851_f053a52277b140d586f178a6f15bd43b%7Emv2.jpg

• Tebuconazole: Probably the worst of them all. Although this Fungicide is approved by the US, it’s Cancer Classification is labeled as Group C, which is a Possible Human Carcinogen. The hazards are:
    • FATAL IF INHALED

• SUSPECTED OF CAUSING CANCER

• SUSPECTED OF DAMAGING FERTILITY OR UNBORN CHILD

• MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO ORGANS
These Failed Tests need to be blasted. People’s lives, well-being and trust are at stake. Actions like this hurt the industry as a whole and need to be taken seriously. There are plenty of reports of users getting sent to the hospital because of these horridly harmful pesticides. This is why we need legalization. We NEED regulation on these companies, so our community can feel safe with every hit they take. Share this article and spread the word!"

pressure

@pressure --Heres the article text.

"The Vape and Concentrate company Brass Knuckles has been getting slammed these last few days after their recent lab tests became public. This is a hit to both Brass Knuckles and the company that previously tested them SC Labs. Brass Knuckles isn't the only company doing this as we wrote in our previous article.

Lab tested cannabis products have become a norm in the industry. Most dispensaries will not even consider you unless you have the lab results available. Since cannabis is still illegal federally, there is no government regulation on lab testing, so certain testing sites are not as reliable as others.

Thankfully, there are labs that will put big name brands on blast when they provide shit products. As we have found out, 93% of cannabis products are pesticide ridden. A big company that just got blasted was Brass Knuckles. The internet is literally losing their minds right now over this test.

Below are the results:

8e2851_ef03a8df783e466390b89874836306a2%7Emv2.jpg

Let’s break down what these pesticides are, and what damage this Brass Knuckles Product can do to you.

8e2851_09676258f58d45d5b07df40d79e56cbe%7Emv2.jpg

• Bifenazate: The EPA has labeled this product for non-food use and stated that this should be only used in small doses. The EPA has not even tested it for human toxicity since it SHOULD NOT be used in excessive levels.
8e2851_f91d056e1deb45938ce888fa1645a357%7Emv2.jpeg

• Imazalil: Honestly, what’s not toxic about this product? Here’s the gist. It has high toxicity as:
    • PAN Bad Actor Chemical

• Carcinogen

• Developmental or Reproductive Toxin

8e2851_fbbdc1e495864b8bb1edd3f425978d3e%7Emv2.jpg

• Myclobutanil: Commonly found in Eagle 20 Fungicidal Pesticide. This is not even approved in the US with tobacco products... Workers exposed to this have reported these symptoms:
    • Skin Rash

• Allergic Dermatitis

• Itchiness

• Nausea

• Headache

• Diarrhea

• Abdominal Pain

• Vomiting

• Nosebleed

• Eye Irritation
Chronic toxicity tests on rats found Decreased Body, Brain & Spleen Weight. Once this product is introduced to the plant, you cannot get rid of it until multiple generations of clones later.

8e2851_3b579eb050d14d8580da715111eb2858%7Emv2.jpg

• Permethrin: This insecticide can do major damage. If Inhaled, these are the effects:
    • Irritation in Nose & Lungs

• Difficulty Breathing

• Headaches

• Dizziness

• Nausea and Vomiting
8e2851_f053a52277b140d586f178a6f15bd43b%7Emv2.jpg

• Tebuconazole: Probably the worst of them all. Although this Fungicide is approved by the US, it’s Cancer Classification is labeled as Group C, which is a Possible Human Carcinogen. The hazards are:
    • FATAL IF INHALED

These Failed Tests need to be blasted. People’s lives, well-being and trust are at stake. Actions like this hurt the industry as a whole and need to be taken seriously. There are plenty of reports of users getting sent to the hospital because of these horridly harmful pesticides. This is why we need legalization. We NEED regulation on these companies, so our community can feel safe with every hit they take. Share this article and spread the word!"

what about the weed we vape? Are we also smoking cancer causing chemicals?

herbivore21

• FATAL IF INHALED

Holy shit man! Whilst I'm not sure where the details on chemicals from that article came from, even the manufacturer MSDS' provided with Tebuconazole highlight that if this fungicide is exposed to fire, it releases hydrogen chloride and other toxic gases. That is some diabolical shit to get into a final product for heating and inhalation!

This is one example of why I advocate learning to make one's own medicine and wherever possible, recommend testing bud prior to extracting from it. Cannabis is not dangerous, but that counts for nothing if people deliberately put toxic compounds onto it or get sloppy with their method.

what about the weed we vape? Are we also smoking cancer causing chemicals?

Yes, pesticides are applied to the plant while it is growing, not during the extraction process. This can be a concern for all cannabis products.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The sooner California adopts and puts in place, it's regulations for new cannabis laws, the better(and healthier) it will be for the consumer. Colorado is not perfect by any stretch, regarding canna- regulations, but they do have many controls in place to protect the public. And I feel they are getting better all the time.

93% of California products failed testing...UNACCEPTABLE and should give everyone some insight into how little the majority of that state's market cares for its patients/consumers. SHAME.

On the bright side, it has to get better out there soon cause it can't get much worse than now.
All those little wooks acting like Chalice Festival was so boss...Yea...not so much lol

dschlosser240

I dont even live in a "legal" state but after a bit of trial and error you can def know what concentrates to buy. Get some FlavRX or KingPen 710. And what i notice isnt whether its made with metal/glass or just plastic. It seems like if theyre 1g, they usually have additives, and the 500mg ones are always advertised as pure, sometimes "no glycol", which is really the best you can ask for.

You just gotta know what brand is best for you. My main problem with pre-made c02 is the price, and its strangely lower at times here than say in cali, i guess bulk deals and the black market (i guess c02 thats been sitting around gets sold by the thousands or more). Commercially, those carts are so expensive for the fact that they last like 2 days tops for me. Def better to just vape bud with a firefly2 or crafty IMO. But its fast and potent. This is my fav brand At the moment

PS usually good oil is amber, clearer is better it seems. Much like BHO

768368372-image.jpg
so well said, agree with all this. u in philly area?

heres my two sense from an ilegal east coast state:

im not near as connected as i used to be; but i have great access to good co2 carts. the journey started rough though, with a couple years of shotty cheap cart navigating.

the top 4 brands i like, then the why:
1. 710 kingpen
2. underworld extract
3. tko
4. enigma lab

710 kimgpen- got the full gs for $50 so right away i am skeptical. they cost more out west, but my guy had hundreds, and they were so legit. matched the websites product look, cartridge, liwuid, and tube label alike. had 4 of their 10 strains [ the fact they have 10 strains is a good sign. too many strains and i highly doubt they are using canabis derived terpines, which ill touch on at the end] the four i had were gelato, cali o, romulan grapefeuit, and super lemon haze. i could write novels about each.. all amazing, spot on in strain flavor ANd effects. smooth. gelato won canabis cup both years this has b3en a category

underworld extract- wow... i could write for days about the speculation and back story, but what an underated company with all their products. made in cali, from philly though so i can get these pretty easy. 60 for a full gram, 45 in bulk. they make everything, and hwbe probably over 100 strain flavors. hoping they use natural terps, but they give away free shit every week, they just leave it somewhere in the city and post a video lol. such a wuality, flavorful product the most saught by tru oil heads out here

tko - bangin. the full gs have lab results right on the tube, and around 10 flavors but not certain. these r the full g guys, also i paid 60 when these where around. the half g tho are distilate carts, the "yellow caps". .. greatest. ever. wow. stronger than 710 kingpen.. distilate is amazing in these carts, and truly matches the strain profile effects. had two strains of the full g, candyland and king louis 8th, and of the half g distilate, blue cheese and limoncello.

by the way all three of these companies packaging is incredible, so aesthetically pleasing, and quality product too. the carts for all these brands are metal obciously.

enigma lab- just grabbed ten half g distilate carts... two strains i got 5 each, chemdawg and cookie monster (original gsc x og kush, not to be confused w monster cookies, which is oeifinal gsc x grand daddy purp) .. amazing effects. cleanest of all, little to no chemical taste. was tols by my guys guy who is more of a strain snob than me that he passed on the half g tko distilate (i was so bummed), but i do like these. if youre in philly or east coast, what is good, and is gold drop or the new brass knuckles or kurvana or the clear or honey vap any good?

download the leafly app its dope

Last edited by a moderator:
dschlosser240,
Reactions: JCat

Krazy

Thanks for all the links everyone.

This is one example of why I advocate learning to make one's own medicine and wherever possible, recommend testing bud prior to extracting from it.
+1

Just one more reason for pharma to not like cannabis. The economy of scale on growing is such that large scale operations will want to use pesticides.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The economy of scale on growing is such that large scale operations will want to use pesticides.

You might be surprised how prominent it is with smaller growers. They don't have the resources like larger growers, especially if they have a single room and often feel pressured to do whatever they can to save their harvest. Unfortunate but true in my experience. I wouldn't trust anything unless you grew it yourself.

So My friend put me on to some vape CO2 oil pens...thought they were great. bought 10
so im puffing on them, for over a month, first batch was good.
then 2nd batch of 10 comes in I thought he water my oil down (keep in mind the co2 oil is from a well known company called platinum vape)
so I go on vacation to California and see the market for myself, I got put on to weedmaps, and started to hit dispensaries. I bought alot of oil pens and I realized when you buy a vape pen with oil you dont know whats in it. Your leaving your health in the hands of someone else who might cut corners

that said, I like the concentrates but these days you cant trust them

Never thought about that and you have an extremely good point. You can always make your own concentrates though.

Krazy

I wouldn't trust anything unless you grew it yourself.
That is where I was heading with the above post actually. I'm currently rehabbing with pins in a rebuilt foot so when I heard a cat fight on the deck I took advantage of being in at least not mid sentence and hit "post" before hobbling off.

I occasionally do boutique shopping for a single gram of something I want to try at a dispensary. Otherwise it has been many years since I'v used anything NOT grown by a grow that I set up.

Their are anti-bug options that are not pesticides. NOT going to turn this into a grow post. Everyone I mentor in that regard are licensed and legal which makes a huge difference in options (moving things around, etc.). Also non of them are growing for $ which changes motivation. If 1/2 of your crop is enough that changes thing a lot.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's a simple matter to insure the concentrate you vape is clean simply by growing your own flower organically, pressing your own rosin and doing your own winterizing. It will also save you a ton of $$ in the long run.

Not to mention a much heathier life going forward.

For the ultimate DIY, check out this thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348693&page=1

Why would you winterize rosin? Why not just start with an EtoH extraction if the end goal is allotropic crystaliization to remove plant fats and lipids?

Why would you winterize rosin? Why not just start with an EtoH extraction if the end goal is allotropic crystaliization to remove plant fats and lipids?

Winterizing removes the waxes, lipids, and errant plant material you do not want to be inhaling if you choose to stay healthy. This process is simple, safe and cheap. It allows you to use a tiny fraction of the raw material necessary for a full blown ethanol extraction. For those who are producing for personal use and have limited raw material, it is hard to beat.

Give it a try.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It allows you to use a tiny fraction of the raw material necessary for a full blown ethanol extraction.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Are you saying you use less ethanol? Of course that's true, but you're leaving behind a decent amount of actives in the rosin chips unless you wash those too. I get the idea of winterizing rosin, less chlorophyll to pick up since an extraction has already been performed, but with proper tek it seems easier to just start with the ethanol wash IMO.

Also the purge temps for ethanol on top of its polarity will definitely rob terpenes. I'm familiar with the debate on vaping waxes but I'm not convinced the chemical reactions which occur during solvent extractions/winterizations are safer at all. Those waxes don't just fall out of precipitation for no reason, many real chemical reactions taking place with no information about the safety of that.

The process described is identical to that used by the commercial extraction labs. You can see this same technique used time and time again in their very explicate YouTube videos. Nothing groundbreaking here. Accepted methods, just miniaturized for home consumption.

For me, personally, it is working and working well. I no longer cough my lungs out while vaping. In fact, I never cough now. I have no chest congestion in the morning. No flem I need to bring up. No negative side effects whatsoever.

We can debate the chemistry all day long, but in the end I'm finding it well worth the time and effort to use this method for my needs. When I look at my older home made carts with their filthy green/yellow puss sitting in them compared to this perfectly clear golden concentrate, I'm convinced this way is better.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Pressisbest,
Reactions: JCat

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I’m kind of glad herb is still illegal in my state. I’m forced to source it from my organic growing neighbor and I squish it myself. At least I know what I’m consuming.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Personal anecdotes are great, certainly not factual.

I have medicated with both winterized and non-winterized....ZERO difference relating to chest feel or coughing I am convinced. I have coughed, and not coughed from both. I have coughed during one sesh, but not another sesh, using same meds, same temp on enail, or VXL Evo using quartz nail. I buy tested product, grown by same companies, extracted by same regulated labs, time and again. If what you claim to be convinced of personally is fact, then that should hold true for an overwhelming majority, if not close to all. Coughing is certainly not a viable indicator that your meds were not grown organically or winterized after extraction.

"it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

I have medicated with both winterized and non-winterized....ZERO difference relating to chest feel or coughing I am convinced.

So you have no problem inhaling waxes, lipids and plant garbage?

I buy tested product, grown by same companies, extracted by same regulated labs, time and again.

I used to, as well. Top shelf concentrates by my states licensed, regulated medical cannabis growers and dispensaries. That was costing me $80 to $100 for .5 grams. Now I grow a single plant every three months, fully organic... No nutes, no pesticides... and make my own concentrate.

It works for me, so I'm sharing my process so that others might benefit.

To each, his/her own.

Pressisbest,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For me, personally, it is working and working well. I no longer cough my lungs out while vaping. In fact, I never cough now. I have no chest congestion in the morning. No flem I need to bring up. No negative side effects whatsoever.

You think it's smoother because of the elimination of waxes, but it's most likely smoother from the elimination of a large percentage of harsh monoterpenes left behind with the waxes during the winterization process. Condensed cannabinoids and monoterpenoid hydrocarbons are being cited as a cause of that flem you were noticing.

So you have no problem inhaling waxes, lipids and plant garbage?

Most of us on here still vape herb, so I'll at least go out on a limb and say I don't have a problem inhaling those compounds. I don't even know for a fact that those compounds are actually capable of vaporizing. Do you? What are the boiling points of some of this plant garbage?

The idea that inhaling cannabis residuals is a problem is a current theory which I do find valid enough to entertain, but I also recognize the lack of information on the subject. You can search my post history, I've posted info about potential issues with residual waxes, but I have not seen any irrefutable proof.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
When I move to California, I'll be growing and grinding and squishing my own buds. I mean it's nice that it's legal and it's cool you can buy it, but come on we had to know that legal weed is big business and companies will cut whatever corners to make that money. The fact that it's legal doesn't mean it's not criminal :p
I'm more and more convinced most of the terpenes added to concentrates is the same shit we see in all of our food products called "natural flavoring". I fucking hate it. They all leave this chemical burn in my throat. It's like, hey that smells really good, it tastes good, but I feel like I just huffed on some kitchen cleaner! This cannot be good. When I vape the rosin made from random flowers I didn't grow I do not experience the same flavor intensity not do I experience the harsh chemical feel in my lungs and throat like the manufactured concentrate with terpenes added. It's the worst trend ever and I want it to go away.

Diggy Smalls,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Winterizing removes the waxes, lipids, and errant plant material you do not want to be inhaling if you choose to stay healthy. This process is simple, safe and cheap. It allows you to use a tiny fraction of the raw material necessary for a full blown ethanol extraction. For those who are producing for personal use and have limited raw material, it is hard to beat.

Give it a try.

is this your thread? nice work!

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom