• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
thats only for donut coil the qdc does not work in temp mode only in power mode donut coils work in temp mode just fine.:love:

Thank You,
Really nice tasting at around 390
Evic Two Mini with Evolve + Atty
TCR 471, 20w, 390-420f
also NI, 20w 390-420f as
per your advice.
Both work well

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Yocantech

Wahiker

So, I'm thinking about giving a Yocan pen as a gift. Is there any consensus regarding which is better: the Evolve Plus or the Magneto? The cost seems to be pretty close, so it's really just a question of which performs better.

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Just wanted to show you guys something I've been working on. I use a mech mods with the evolve plus so I no longer have a stash jar built in. I figured preloading coils is easier than carrying all the stuff to load on the go, but it's hard to carry them around without getting everything shticky. Enter the koil keeper, it holds 3 loaded and capped coils, and stays shut with a pair of magnets. Thoughts?

IMG_20171207_191416990.jpg

IMG_20171207_191455053.jpg

kuqEUb

fa5EUb

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Nice! Homemade? What are the approx dimensions?
Thanks! I 3D printed it through my university's club, but hopefully I can get my own printer running over break. It's roughly 3.25" X 1" X 1.75", though I'm working on a redesign which should shrink it down more

zor

I love it! Very cool idea dude, would love to see the other two pics (seems like they didn't load?

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
I love it! Very cool idea dude, would love to see the other two pics (seems like they didn't load?

Thanks man, appreciate it! That was just me being a dummy, I didn't get the two pictures embedded right the first time and missed those tags. Finally got the home printer running enough to print the V2, definitely more pocketable this time around

1514407325869_614970332.jpg

IMG_20171227_143401844.jpg

Psychoholic

Hello super new to the whole mod box thing so if my questions sounds stupid I hope you forgive my ignorance :-) Anyway I have a evolve plus and I've been messing around with the ceramic coils. I also have a kangertech Kbox mini and I wanted to try it on there. So the question is this what watts should I try? Its a max 50 but I'm thinking 15-20 range. I just ran across the kanger and got a deal so that's why I'm using it. I don't think it has a TCR mode.. Thanks for any and all help..

gooroo

Hello super new to the whole mod box thing so if my questions sounds stupid I hope you forgive my ignorance :-) Anyway I have a evolve plus and I've been messing around with the ceramic coils. I also have a kangertech Kbox mini and I wanted to try it on there. So the question is this what watts should I try? Its a max 50 but I'm thinking 15-20 range. I just ran across the kanger and got a deal so that's why I'm using it. I don't think it has a TCR mode.. Thanks for any and all help..

For the evolve ceramic donut coils on the Kangertech, I use 14-15 watts depending on the concentrate. I've tried up to 20 watts but destroyed a couple coils in the process. 14-16W has not been an issue for me.

Glass Pound

If you like the evolve you should try the Yocan Dive dab straw/nector colector. I have been using it all week and love it.
BkBI4E2n4m0

Glass Pound,

CalyxSmokr

Looking at getting one of these to use with live resin. I figure I will get the whole setup from ebay but I do have an eleaf I would like to use with the atomizers. Do I need any special connection or is it 510?
Does anybody have a current vendor they recommend? Posts here look pretty old. Just don't want to end up with a clone.
And I figure I will try both the coil and disc but wondered what the current thinking is and which I might like more. I will order some extra with it but not sure which one to stock up with. I am thinking to focus on the ceramic disc but does anyone have any insight? Not looking for monster hits - just slow and steady without a lot of mess or hassle on the go.
I am replacing my puffco 2 and the other I had heard about was the atmos kiln. That seems more pricey but wondered if anyone has compared and which they like better. With te kiln I figured I would skip the whole setup and just get an atomizer.

CalyxSmokr,

throwawaytre3s

Looking at getting one of these to use with live resin. I figure I will get the whole setup from ebay but I do have an eleaf I would like to use with the atomizers. Do I need any special connection or is it 510?
Does anybody have a current vendor they recommend? Posts here look pretty old. Just don't want to end up with a clone.
And I figure I will try both the coil and disc but wondered what the current thinking is and which I might like more. I will order some extra with it but not sure which one to stock up with. I am thinking to focus on the ceramic disc but does anyone have any insight? Not looking for monster hits - just slow and steady without a lot of mess or hassle on the go.
I am replacing my puffco 2 and the other I had heard about was the atmos kiln. That seems more pricey but wondered if anyone has compared and which they like better. With te kiln I figured I would skip the whole setup and just get an atomizer.

Hey, so I can actually help you out here. I work at a vape shop, and we've recently stopped carrying the original yocan evolve, all we have are the plus and the plus XL, and a few other variants. We still stock the coils, but I can tell you that I think finding the original not online is going to be hard, so if you're going brick and mortar ( and you should, if only because you'll know they'll have the coils you need too ). I can also tell you that any other one that functions off dual quartz coils is almost identical, like the brand Topoo. Made on the same assembly line. The original yocan evolve isn't a 510 connection naturally, it's an ego connection and comes with a pen battery. However, it DID come with a 510 adapter to use, but the knockoff ones don't include that. You can usually buy them for like 20-30 dollars if you want the original yocan, and are confident you'll be able to find the coils. The Yocan Evolve Plus and Plux XL are both dual coil and one comes in quad coils, and they're 510 connections natively, so you can take it off and put it on another mod if you wanted to. I wouldn't recommend going above like 8-12W though, you'll burn out your coils. The pens they come with don't push many watts at all.

CalyxSmokr

So I am thinking about trying the Yocan Evolve Plus as it seems to be the one that has ceramic disc carts. Still wondering if anyone has compared the dual coil to the ceramic disc so I can get an idea which one to stock up on. I see the xl has a quad coil - not sure if that is better or more reliable as I am not cloud chasing. Just want the most dependable model. On music forums everyone recommends the yocan but it seems strangely quiet here. Has everyone moved on to other tech?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So I am thinking about trying the Yocan Evolve Plus as it seems to be the one that has ceramic disc carts. Still wondering if anyone has compared the dual coil to the ceramic disc so I can get an idea which one to stock up on. I see the xl has a quad coil - not sure if that is better or more reliable as I am not cloud chasing. Just want the most dependable model. On music forums everyone recommends the yocan but it seems strangely quiet here. Has everyone moved on to other tech?

Great choice, I really like the Ceramic donuts over the others.
Taste really nice with shatter & distillate in LAYG.
Also when you move the atty part of the pen to a
mod like the Ipico or Evic ect , does very nice TC hits.

CalyxSmokr

the other option I am seeing is caps coming with the carts. These are protective for storage and come off before use? If I get some with one set of 5 replacement carts I can save them for use on another set?

CalyxSmokr,

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Yocan products are pretty awesome, i love how you can use most nails with any of them, so i plug the huge ass Yocan Evolve XL quad nail into my Torch and that makes for some huge dabs. And now im seeing the torch for like 30 bucks. Really great enail and evolve xl is awesome too.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I had some questions about the Source Nail XL but i cant seem to post a new thread about it (insufficient priviledges?) and cant find an existing thread about the machine

PS would you guys say Yocan uses top grade titanium for their vapes? Cause theyre pretty cheap, possibly from china. They still work awesome, i was just wondering if anyone knew the source materials

FractaLSD,

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Funny story. I bought a Magneto, and I hated the coil, so I changed it to the Evolve ceramic donut/disk and it’s much better. Then the Magneto battery died so the shop gave me an Evolve Plus battery as a replacement. So now I have an Evolve Plus with Magneto collar and cap. It’s like the Magneto.... “Evolved”

CalyxSmokr

Got my plus with ceramic and pretty much loving it. So the caps stay on while you are hitting it? I am just using live resin - the cap will keep the smell down a bit? A tiny amount of splatter on the inside of the mouthpiece too. The cap minimizes that also? I had pictured the cap as sealing the atomizer but you use it the whole time, yes?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Got my plus with ceramic and pretty much loving it. So the caps stay on while you are hitting it? I am just using live resin - the cap will keep the smell down a bit? A tiny amount of splatter on the inside of the mouthpiece too. The cap minimizes that also? I had pictured the cap as sealing the atomizer but you use it the whole time, yes?

Love my Evolve + & donut atty, don't overfill it will leak out the bottom eventually
if you don't use your loads up.
If you want to have some fun & experience Quartz Cup hits on the Cheap with your
evolve + battery Drop a little bit of shatter or wax oe co2oil & pulse it
You can finger the Carb hole on top & see the atty glow to control vapor

https://www.fasttech.com/products/9624538

gooroo

Yes. Cap stays on during use except to fill.

Top Bottom