• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Evolve Plus XL

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
quad-coil-closeup-yocan-evolve-xl-plus.jpg

OK, so it appears I'm a little late on the game with this one.
Just got my 1st Evolve Plus XL, and am liking it pretty well.
Love how the atomizer is 510 threaded. So are the coils.

Seems like y'all know everything already about this unit, just chiming to say I'm enjoying it.
I'm thinking a 2-coil atomizer would be more economical and not get so hot.

Thought/experiences ? Of using the old XL ceramic on the new XL Plus ?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Seems like y'all know everything already about this unit, just chiming to say I'm enjoying it.

I hate the XL + lol, but I like low temp turpy tasty hits.
I like the smaller coils on the Evolve + & especially the Donut coil.
If you don't have a mod get a Evic mini or Istick Pico , use it instead
of Yocan battery.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I hate the XL + lol, but I like low temp turpy tasty hits.
I like the smaller coils on the Evolve + & especially the Donut coil.
If you don't have a mod get a Evic mini or Istick Pico , use it instead
of Yocan battery.

Yes !
Sounds good, I am looking at the different coils offered for this unit.

Also, yes, I've been using my ipv4s at around 20 watts for the XL Plus atomizer.

I use the Yocan battery for when I want portable ease, and/or my ipv4s is busy with oither substances!

I'll have to look for their 'ceramic donut' coil. I assume that's for the old XL.

Thanks for the input !

yocan-xl-plus.png

(mine's black tho) :)

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Ah !

Just got to try a donut coil on my friend's XL PLUS.

Nice smooth hits, it kind of reminds me of @divinetribe 's v2.5 donut atomizers. I believe it's the same coil in there. However, I found the hits to be tastier, and no leakage !

Also, you get 5 coils for 20 bucks, compared to the v2.5 being one at 20ish.

All around a great product, ordered a 5-pack WITH caps, for $20 from vacavapes.

Looking forward to my own experiments with the donut coils !

I'll let you know (eagerly awaiting vape mail) !!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Ah !

Just got to try a donut coil on my friend's XL PLUS.

Nice smooth hits, it kind of reminds me of @divinetribe 's v2.5 donut atomizers. I believe it's the same coil in there. However, I found the hits to be tastier, and no leakage !

Also, you get 5 coils for 20 bucks, compared to the v2.5 being one at 20ish.

All around a great product, ordered a 5-pack WITH caps, for $20 from vacavapes.

Looking forward to my own experiments with the donut coils !

I'll let you know (eagerly awaiting vape mail) !!

I run mine thru Pinnacle Water Tool on Evic Two Mini Mod, TC awesome.
Also can use Evolve Atty on Yocan Torch fun stuff , don't like dual coils wastfull.
This is another source for you, been buy these for 2 yrs takes 10 days free ship

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3007/10025073/5466000

https://www.fasttech.com/products/5386701

With these connectors you can hook up to PWT or any rig with silicone tubing

https://www.fasttech.com/products/7192000

https://www.fasttech.com/products/4021500

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yes !
Sounds good, I am looking at the different coils offered for this unit.

Also, yes, I've been using my ipv4s at around 20 watts for the XL Plus atomizer.

I use the Yocan battery for when I want portable ease, and/or my ipv4s is busy with oither substances!

I'll have to look for their 'ceramic donut' coil. I assume that's for the old XL.

Thanks for the input !

yocan-xl-plus.png

(mine's black tho) :)

With the Adapter & Tubing you can use your d020 , for just pennies
This gives you 2 globes & whip tubing to connect everything airtight & cheap.
Makes Evolve _ Top Airflow lol

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-vaporizer-whip-with-screen-glass/388527430.html

Cut silicon whip to fit water tool
need to post new video's

tennisguru1,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Fun stuff connection to water tools new video comming

tennisguru1,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Interesting !
I already own a Pinnacle Water Tool. So, those silicone drip tips fit into the top of .... the coil ?
Hmm. Ok.
Might try that, thank you @tennisguru1 .

Not so interested in the whip, but, using the PNWT with the ceramic coil would probably be real nice !

DJ Colonel Corn,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I've received the ceramic XL PLUS donut coils...

Somehow, even with the airflow all teh way open, the draw was tight.

Much tighter than the quartz-wick coils, much tighter than @divinetribe 's donuts too.

I'm experimenting, and looking for my Pinnacle Water Tool !

Anyone have ideas as to why the draw is so tight on these ? It didn't seem so on my friend's unit.

DJ Colonel Corn,
Anyone tried this unit? I have been waiting for Boundless to ship replacement coils for my Terp Pen that I love so much and meanwhile a friend recommended this Yocan Concentrate vape.

Wow, what a monster. I got it yesterday and, I am pretty impressed. Incredible hits. And, very smooth considering the room-filling cloud I can get out of a hit.

Adjustable air flow. Nice battery [plus, I read in a review that it will fit any variable 510 mod]. FOUR quartz coils.

Although it carries a whopping $85 list price on the manufacturer's web site, I picked mine up on eBay for $27.99. There is an authenticity seal on the box which you can check on the manufacturer's web site to make sure you're authentic.

It's kind of a pain in the ass to load for me but my stuff is always super-sticky. It holds a lot. If you are a sipper, you could load this up and take it out for an afternoon and not have to worry about re-loading. And, even if you do have to reload, it has a handy stash built into the handle. LOL Pretty neat, I guess.

Under my heavy use, it gets a little hot, OK, very hot. But, again, few people chain vape like I do so it's probably not a problem for most.

Well, I didn't see any chatter about this vape and I am extremely happy with my purchase so I just wanted to pass it on.

https://www.yocantech.com/featured_item/evolve-plus-xl

Hackerman,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you hold the button on these for even a few seconds it burns your concentrate. Probably why you saw big clouds though.

invertedisdead,
Yeah, it definitely is powerful. You have to pulse it or take smaller hits. Same thing goes for overheating a VapCap or holding the Milana too long. It's mostly for people who can pat their head and rub their belly at the same time. If they can't do that, stay home or buy something easier.

I have owned a shitload of vapes and this is the smoothest hitting rosin vape I have ever used. I'm not a big 'coil' based vape person and I prefer the glass/quartz bowls of the Motar or Quartz Quest but for what it is, it's an incredible vape.

I still don't think it will replace my Terp Pen. Loading the Evolve is difficult [especially compared to the incredible ease of the Terp Pen]. And, it's a little bigger. The good news is, that it fits my standard 510 mod and in temp mode I can probably control that overheating thing that is common with this vape and most 510 based vapes.

At less than $30, it's definitely a vape I would recommend to anyone who likes their concentrate.

Hackerman,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's interesting you find it smooth, I can't use any of these coil devices as the reclaim flavors are disgusting to me. For me, this vape is way too small and fiddly to load, especially with the goofy top caps.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: shredder
I have always been the same about coil based vapes. The SeeGo Vhit Glacier was the last one I used. After a very short time, the flavor hits are all gone. Seems like all you hit is reclaim and, the worst part is that you can't ever really clean them. The coils are usually at the bottom of a bucket. The coils get all gunked up and that's about it. Time to replace the coils. I left that all behind when quartz and Ti buckets came out.

The Terp Pen has me back, checking out coil based vapes. Now, instead of cloth wicks or hollow coils, they put a ceramic rod in the center [Terp Pen]. I am a heavy user and I destroyed my Terp Pen coils in just a week or so. New coils are on the way. However, the Terp Pen offers a few other features that make me overlook the fact that it is coil based. At least for now.

Now, the Yocan pen has coils with a little quartz rod going through the center. The quartz darkened up after a few heavy uses but I did a burn off and the quartz came back to crystal clear. I was very surprised at that good of a recovery. Still, I don't expect it to last. The vape did come with an extra coil so I will have that as a backup when this one craps out with gunk.

I tried cleaning the Terp Pen coils and it didn't work out very well. I am going to try the ultrasonic but a plain ISO soak, shake, brush and rinse did not recover the coil to an acceptable condition.

As for smooth, perhaps because I have the airway all the way open is why the hits are so smooth. Plus, I could always take the giant hit so maybe, I tolerate it better. Still, the TP makes me cough and the Evolve has yet to.

I'll comment more after I kill my current coil on the Evolve.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am over coils too... Rio from Stashe is not discrete, but the best portable solution I've found.
And if you like cold starts, there is no better option.

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom