XVAPE Cheeh & Chong's Mambo

LesPlenty

Company Rep
DRY-HERB-2-1024x810.png

3-1-1.jpg

CHEECH & CHONG’S MAMBO​

Flower Vaporizer – for dry herbs only
The Mambo is a pocket-sleek, ultra-portable vaporizer that’s perfect for on-the-go use. It’s small but packs a punch and it heats up quickly, so you can enjoy a puff of your favorite herb whenever and wherever you like.
The Mambo is made with high-quality materials and it’s been precision-engineered to provide the best possible vaping experience. It comes with a fully optimized heat setting for full extraction, so no more fumbling around trying to find something you like, and it also has a built-in automatic shut-off feature so you don’t have to worry about it running out of battery.
The Cheech and Chong Mambo is the perfect way to enjoy your next dry herb flower sesh, whether you’re a seasoned smoker or a complete beginner. It’s super easy to use, it’s stylish with Cheech & Chong flair, and it provides a smooth & satisfying vaping experience.
I have been experimenting with the Mambo and can report the following,
Pros; One-button operation
Fast 15-second heat-up then draw activated, good conduction flavour.
Haptic feedback when ready
Dosing cap that fits Roffu, V3Pro, etc!
Magnetic closure
Easy to conceal
Fun form/factor, who does not like Cheek & Chong?
Only 50 bucks when not on sale...a good beginner vape, gift, or disposable if you have to (visiting other countries, etc)!
Cons; Mouthpiece silicone is a bit stinky when brand new but easily fixed with a white vinegar/water soak then rinse or plain old time in the sun.
It gets hot after multiple back-to-back uses but has a silicone cover for the warmest bit.
Can combust if you draw too slowly and accidentally make the draw activation engage again on a single puff (this can happen after 8 seconds of drawing).
1684036662520-jpg.46386

I found a few user videos and see some owners are having trouble with combusting. This unit's heater seems to temp step for you. The draw activation is great, all I have to do after the warm-up haptic feedback is puff, the heater only fires as you draw. The best advice I can give with this vape is to forget what you think you know and follow the instructions in the book. No cigar puffs to add extra pre-heat (except for maybe the first draw), just long, steady 8-second draws direct to the lung give great consistent results. I can get 5 or 8, 8-second pulls per load in the 3-minute session and the vapor keeps coming and gets thicker with each successive draw.
3-minute sesh with 5 times 8-second draws,
1685506726222-jpg.46755

I did run the above ABV thru the Mambo again once the unit was cold and got 4 more 8-second draws, the last was whispy and a sign the herb was completely done vaping-wise before getting hotter and may have combusted so I stopped there.
1685508706004-jpg.46757

The unit can be found for about US$40-45 and seems like great value to me and a step up from the cheapie conduction vapes that usually inhabit this price point.

maremaresing

I saw that a few months back and disregarded it because I don't like C&C or their aesthetic. It seemed like a cheap disposable vape. On further inspection, it has a lot of neat features. I like that you just load and use it, and that you can use pods (!!). Seems pretty small, too. More pax size than starry/roffu size.

Still don't like the branding, but I guess that can be covered by a sticker or decal. I'll keep an eye on it during sales.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
good conduction flavour.
I mucked up...convection it is!
Interesting, fully branded only, no xvape version?
It is Cheech & Chong by XVAPE.
Interesting, fully branded only, no xvape version? Definitely has the pax looks, not sure what type of heating it's using, said convection
Thanks for pointing out my error, definitely convection heating and maybe a little conduction when using the dosing capsule.

Kreator87

I dig Cheech and Chong enough to buy this as some point. I have a Cheech and Chong grinder already 😂. I think it would be a good piece to let people try and get a feel for vaporizing.

maremaresing

What is the body made of? Plastic?
Any picture of the filter box? Is it just a ceramic maze?

I do like that xvape didn't let this one rot in the design archive. The more I've looked at it, the more it seems to have to offer. I LOVE the focus on high temps. I think that the people this vape is marketed to will care more about getting the complete effects and visible vapor from higher temps.

I mean, I myself need the high temp effects and like the visible vapor.

Automatic mode isn't normally what I like, in session or "on demand" but this starts high enough temp that shouldn't be a problem.

The cheech and chong stuff screams "hey this is WEEEDDDD" and I really don't like their whole branding plastered all over. That said, it gives it a real heady vibe that isn't represented well in electronic vapes. So there is a market for that. I like the colors otherwise. And I am sure I can find neat stickers to put on both sides.

I'll probably cave and buy one of these on sale if it drops to 40.

XpeeN

Looks great! I know there's other ~$100 vapes that for the same niche, but beginners might not want to spend this much on a product they not sure they'll use, just to try dry herb vaping. With $50 convection based device that works, there're no more excuses!

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
DRY-HERB-2-1024x810.png

3-1-1.jpg

CHEECH & CHONG’S MAMBO​

Flower Vaporizer – for dry herbs only
The Mambo is a pocket-sleek, ultra-portable vaporizer that’s perfect for on-the-go use. It’s small but packs a punch and it heats up quickly, so you can enjoy a puff of your favorite herb whenever and wherever you like.
The Mambo is made with high-quality materials and it’s been precision-engineered to provide the best possible vaping experience. It comes with a fully optimized heat setting for full extraction, so no more fumbling around trying to find something you like, and it also has a built-in automatic shut-off feature so you don’t have to worry about it running out of battery.
The Cheech and Chong Mambo is the perfect way to enjoy your next dry herb flower sesh, whether you’re a seasoned smoker or a complete beginner. It’s super easy to use, it’s stylish with Cheech & Chong flair, and it provides a smooth & satisfying vaping experience.
I have been experimenting with the Mambo and can report the following,
Pros; One-button operation
Fast 15-second heat-up then draw activated, good conduction flavour.
Haptic feedback when ready
Dosing cap that fits Roffu, V3Pro, etc!
Magnetic closure
Easy to conceal
Fun form/factor, who does not like Cheek & Chong?
Only 50 bucks when not on sale...a good beginner vape, gift, or disposable if you have to (visiting other countries, etc)!
Cons; Mouthpiece silicone is a bit stinky when brand new but easily fixed with a white vinegar/water soak then rinse or plain old time in the sun.
It gets hot after multiple back-to-back uses but has a silicone cover for the warmest bit.
Can combust if you draw too slowly and accidentally make the draw activation engage again on a single puff (this can happen after 8 seconds of drawing).
1684036662520-jpg.46386

I found a few user videos and see some owners are having trouble with combusting. This unit's heater seems to temp step for you. The draw activation is great, all I have to do after the warm-up haptic feedback is puff, the heater only fires as you draw. The best advice I can give with this vape is to forget what you think you know and follow the instructions in the book. No cigar puffs to add extra pre-heat (except for maybe the first draw), just long, steady 8-second draws direct to the lung give great consistent results. I can get 5 or 8, 8-second pulls per load in the 3-minute session and the vapor keeps coming and gets thicker with each successive draw.
3-minute sesh with 5 times 8-second draws,
1685506726222-jpg.46755

I did run the above ABV thru the Mambo again once the unit was cold and got 4 more 8-second draws, the last was whispy and a sign the herb was completely done vaping-wise before getting hotter and may have combusted so I stopped there.
1685508706004-jpg.46757

The unit can be found for about US$40-45 and seems like great value to me and a step up from the cheapie conduction vapes that usually inhabit this price point.
Ordered one today along with a Starry v4. This seems pretty perfect to take on a two week bikepacking tour w/me next month. Looks dead ass easy to use one handed, smol enough to go basically anywhere. Plus coming from xvape after owning the Starry v2 and V3Pro, I feel confident enough the Mamba won't be trash while still being cheap enough if it breaks it's not as big of a deal vs even a $100 vape.

Thanks to @XpeeN for pointing this one out on Lemmy!! Pretty excited for it to show up sometime next week (already got a tracking number within 2h of ordering woooo!). If it's as good as the post makes it sound then it'll be a winner for sure.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ordered one today along with a Starry v4. This seems pretty perfect to take on a two week bikepacking tour w/me next month. Looks dead ass easy to use one handed, smol enough to go basically anywhere. Plus coming from xvape after owning the Starry v2 and V3Pro, I feel confident enough the Mamba won't be trash while still being cheap enough if it breaks it's not as big of a deal vs even a $100 vape.

Thanks to @XpeeN for pointing this one out on Lemmy! Pretty excited for it to show up sometime next week (already got a tracking number within 2h of ordering woooo!). If it's as good as the post makes it sound then it'll be a winner for sure.

Hey! thanks for popping in here to let us know, hope you follow up when you have time to play with it once it arrives :rockon:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Hey! thanks for popping in here to let us know, hope you follow up when you have time to play with it once it arrives :rockon:
For sure!

I ordered a couple new (to me) things and am taking them on a two week bike trip across the north part of Ohio.

Was going to try and make some awkward vape videos with the GoPro and other vlogging stuff I have along the way. So maybe I’ll be back with something more in depth and entertaining than just a text post. Unless I get too high and forget 😂

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
I am really enjoying my mambo, had it for a few weeks now and for £40 it's ridiculously good value with the right expectations

I have adjusted mine slightly by making a small mesh platform in the bowl that moves the flower slightly away from the heater as I found it was a little too charry for me otherwise

Took it on holiday last week and it is discreet and quick and didn't let me down

Anyone know if this is the same heater as the herb attachment for the xvape fyra?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have adjusted mine slightly by making a small mesh platform in the bowl that moves the flower slightly away from the heater as I found it was a little too charry for me otherwise
I found the same but just use the dosing cap to stop the char but I have half a dozen caps as the caps fit the Mambo, Fyra, Roffu, and others.
Anyone know if this is the same heater as the herb attachment for the xvape fyra?
Similar, I think they all use a Kanthal heater.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I received a Manbo and a Fyra by Xvape a few weeks ago, I saw the consensus seems to be the Manbo to slightly char the load... but that's not my experience, I would even say it's the opposite, I have difficulties to fully extract the load and abv remains to be lighter in colour. As well the vapour production seems to be on the low-low side... Although it's probably more a user error than a device's flaw... To be honnest I like a lot better the Fyra and neglected the Manbo, please guys, could you share your tips please?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
could you share your tips please?
My mode of operation is to use the capsule lightly packed, turn on the unit and wait for the pre heat cycle to run then draw. I get 3 or 4 long draws in the session time with lots of vapor(and is spent for my liking). If you are getting little vapor I would say your unit is faulty as all of mine will overcook, especially if you do a back-to-back session on the same load as the preheat cycle does warm things up a lot...you can char quite easily in this scenario so I let the unit cool or swap the capsule before repeating a session.

Last edited:

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
Hi, I received a Manbo and a Fyra by Xvape a few weeks ago, I saw the consensus seems to be the Manbo to slightly char the load... but that's not my experience, I would even say it's the opposite, I have difficulties to fully extract the load and abv remains to be lighter in colour. As well the vapour production seems to be on the low-low side... Although it's probably more a user error than a device's flaw... To be honnest I like a lot better the Fyra and neglected the Manbo, please guys, could you share your tips please?
I know of two other people with units, one of those units is exactly how you describe and one is like how @LesPlenty and I seem to find it.

XpeeN

Any new insights about this one? I wish I had an excuse to buy it, my v3p is my backup and pass to friends vape already so yeah can't even test this one

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

Bought one of these based on some good reviews from people that are usually trustworthy enough. From now on I will take their advice with a grain of salt. Lotta shills out there.

Gotta say, I like the design of the vape but the vapor is pure dog shit. I have not yet been able to finish a bowl without charring. Pathetic I should have to use a liquid pad or dosing cap to prevent this!! Just trying to VAPE out here, wtf??

Been vaping daily since 2008 so i have used a lot of vapes. This one is by far the absolute biggest piece of shit even for the money.

It’s basically a $50 Bic lighter.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Been vaping daily since 2008 so i have used a lot of vapes
I have been vaping a while and also managed to combust the first time then I read the instructions and realized I was the problem due to technique.
The best advice I can give with this vape is to forget what you think you know and follow the instructions in the book. No cigar puffs to add extra pre-heat, just long 5-8 second draws direct to the lung after warm-up gives great consistent results. I can get 4 or 5, 8-second pulls per load in the 3-minute session and the vapor just keeps coming and gets thicker with each successive draw.
The unit can combust if you draw too slowly and accidentally make the draw activation engage again on a single puff (this can happen after 8 seconds of drawing).
I have been using my Mambo quite a lot (almost exclusively as a portable) and found having 2x capsules works well for thought/stir-free results. I found that the only time I have any hint of combusting is from the second 3-minute sesh initiated straight after the first sesh....unless I load a cold capsule. Here is where having 2 caps is great. When I finish a 3-minute sesh on a cap I will swap for another fresh cap then swap the first cap in to re-roast, then finish the second cap in the same fashion, not a hint of char, and no need to stir.
Edit to add your silicone mouthpiece will need a lot of white vinegar/water rinses to get rid of the nasty combustion smell it will now have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom