Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

maremaresing

Recently, I did something that I've never done before. I purchased a second identical vaporizer after a day with my first.

Back when the V3P first released, I was sure to get one of the first to hit North America. Had to order it from Canada and everything. It really impressed me all over, until I tried dosing caps or using it in cold temperatures. I found that the heater on the V3P wasn't able to overcome these things. Also, the on demand feature took so long to warm up it felt pointless.

These, combined with the lack of a WPA, led me to sell the device and not look back. Until now. I'd spent months trying to find a good ultra cheap vaporizer that performed well to make a dedicated Purse/Hiking device. Something I truly have not had since my MFLB or Oil Pen days, though I've tried many many many alternatives. So. Many.

I'm crazy about Very Peri and Purple in general, so I bought a used one recently to play with. I figured it would have the performance of my original V3P and I could just not use dosing caps. The price was right and it's purple and it's just a cheap kick around vape, so who cares?

OMG A lot has changed and I've been missing out. The heater is MONSTEROUS. The UI is snappy. On demand comes to max temp in 8 seconds or less from cold. WPAs exist and work wonderfully. Batteries last for 6 or 7 caps worth, all spread out across days. You can clear a dosing cap in a single rip!

I immediately went out and bought another one for indoor use from 420EDC ( @cannabis.pro ), who deserves a major shout out for the oodles of accessories available at great prices. Their customer service is top notch, too. I'm a repeat customer, and am glad I went back. The 18mm adapter for the V3P is so clutch with hydratubes and big Jhooks.

The slim case from @Delta3DStudios is so amazing and truly compact. I can activate the V3P while in the case, pop the top off to hit, then turn it off and cap it. All without touching the vape with my grubby hands. It's been left in cars, purses, at the bottom of daypacks, wherever. Never once has it turned on by itself or come open when I didn't want it to.

The best part? A dedicated on the go vape that heats up fast has changed the game for me. I'm able to take huge rips on windy 25F degree mountain ridges, or while barhopping, or long shopping days. It's probably already paid for itself in drinks I didn't buy, and kept me healthier to boot!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Recently, I did something that I've never done before. I purchased a second identical vaporizer after a day with my first.

Back when the V3P first released, I was sure to get one of the first to hit North America. Had to order it from Canada and everything. It really impressed me all over, until I tried dosing caps or using it in cold temperatures. I found that the heater on the V3P wasn't able to overcome these things. Also, the on demand feature took so long to warm up it felt pointless.

These, combined with the lack of a WPA, led me to sell the device and not look back. Until now. I'd spent months trying to find a good ultra cheap vaporizer that performed well to make a dedicated Purse/Hiking device. Something I truly have not had since my MFLB or Oil Pen days, though I've tried many many many alternatives. So. Many.

I'm crazy about Very Peri and Purple in general, so I bought a used one recently to play with. I figured it would have the performance of my original V3P and I could just not use dosing caps. The price was right and it's purple and it's just a cheap kick around vape, so who cares?

OMG A lot has changed and I've been missing out. The heater is MONSTEROUS. The UI is snappy. On demand comes to max temp in 8 seconds or less from cold. WPAs exist and work wonderfully. Batteries last for 6 or 7 caps worth, all spread out across days. You can clear a dosing cap in a single rip!

I immediately went out and bought another one for indoor use from 420EDC ( @cannabis.pro ), who deserves a major shout out for the oodles of accessories available at great prices. Their customer service is top notch, too. I'm a repeat customer, and am glad I went back. The 18mm adapter for the V3P is so clutch with hydratubes and big Jhooks.

The slim case from @Delta3DStudios is so amazing and truly compact. I can activate the V3P while in the case, pop the top off to hit, then turn it off and cap it. All without touching the vape with my grubby hands. It's been left in cars, purses, at the bottom of daypacks, wherever. Never once has it turned on by itself or come open when I didn't want it to.

The best part? A dedicated on the go vape that heats up fast has changed the game for me. I'm able to take huge rips on windy 25F degree mountain ridges, or while barhopping, or long shopping days. It's probably already paid for itself in drinks I didn't buy, and kept me healthier to boot!
What's an awesome story! I'm so glad you came back acquiring another V3 Pro and noticed by yourself all the improvements we did (based on your insightful customer feedback). Thank you for sharing!
half the price of the old version, is it thinner=less conduction? lesser stainless?
Do you speak of the Xmax V3 Nano? Despite its name, it's not the same device... The V3 Nano is featuring an automatic ramp-up T° settings (start the 3mn session at 200°C and gradually increase through the session to finish it at 220°C) and a different hybrid heater (yes, more conduction is involved). The chamber is silver plated for that metal best performance (and was intensively tested prior release). And yes... our goal didn't changed, we are still involved to democratize vaporization by releasing devices affordables enough for the ones hesitating to move forward. Please give a look at the V3 Nano thread here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-v3-nano-simple-small.54600/
Don't hesitate to contact me for infos, tips&tricks or Support!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, @Bologna , I permit myself to post in order to advertise you the Xmax V3Pro is FULL convection... since you said in the Starry 4 thread to don't like conduction based devices... So V3Pro is different in regard of the heating method.

Personnally I think both heating methods get advantages and inconvenients... Convection main advantages are the taste, it last longer with convection and it's more efficient with weed (it works better for micro-dosing), in short...

Thank you for sharing the nice deals you found, best regards!

Ken420

good afternoon people 👋. I have this very device and for the life of me I have never got it working correctly. Sure it appears to be working but I never really get any vapor…. Is there a way to check it? Am I just doing it wrong? Is there a warranty? I never have dropped it or abused it in any way. In fact the plastic still cover the screen….. Any help would be greatly appreciated and welcomed! Cheers and happy 420!

Adobewan

good afternoon people 👋. I have this very device and for the life of me I have never got it working correctly. Sure it appears to be working but I never really get any vapor…. Is there a way to check it? Am I just doing it wrong? Is there a warranty? I never have dropped it or abused it in any way. In fact the plastic still cover the screen….. Any help would be greatly appreciated and welcomed! Cheers and happy 420!
Sounds like you may have a defective unit because these are cloud-producing vapes.
Reach out to XMax(they're right here in the thread.)
Best of luck getting it worked out.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
The Xmax V3Pro is mostly Convection based, this is means it will not deliver if you are treating it like a usual Conduction vaporizer, please try again following the Tips below:

- Loose load, convection turbulences need room in order to reach every trichomes in your load, my average load is 0.10-0.12gr
- Fine grind for clouds, coarse grind for taste
- Take long draws, since it's convection, your pull will transfer heat to the load, vapor starts to raise at the 7-8s mark, so take 10-15s draw for big clouds
- Strong draw is prefered for the first 7-8s, you can slow it down after... if you want (still strong works too!)
- Vapor isn't as visible as smoke is... under certains circunstances, so prefer to blow vapor on horizontals light beams with dark background, this is will enlight vapor better than to blow hits to the blue sky at 12:00 (morning/evening sun is the very best to enlight vapor but desktop lamp works also)
- Yep, there is a Warranty, 12 months, but try again following the tips above... it's normal it doesn't deliver straight vapor we call that the "Learning Curve", I experimented it myself!
- For sure there is a way to check if it works well, load it preferably with resinous THC flowers, fine grind, tiny 100mg load not tamped down, set the device at 205°C, session mode (you'll experiment with OnDemand mode later), wait for initial heat-up (it's pretty fast usually) and take a 10-15s strong draw, that first one is usually already delivering visible clouds but, in regard of the moisture content in your weed, first hit is always slightly less dense but you will notice, by the 2nd hit, an increased vapor density.

Let me know if you still not have good results but I think you are only experimenting the usual "learning curve".... Anyway, that's something pretty fun to learn about! Enjoy!

Ken420

The Xmax V3Pro is mostly Convection based, this is means it will not deliver if you are treating it like a usual Conduction vaporizer, please try again following the Tips below:

- Loose load, convection turbulences need room in order to reach every trichomes in your load, my average load is 0.10-0.12gr
- Fine grind for clouds, coarse grind for taste
- Take long draws, since it's convection, your pull will transfer heat to the load, vapor starts to raise at the 7-8s mark, so take 10-15s draw for big clouds
- Strong draw is prefered for the first 7-8s, you can slow it down after... if you want (still strong works too!)
- Vapor isn't as visible as smoke is... under certains circunstances, so prefer to blow vapor on horizontals light beams with dark background, this is will enlight vapor better than to blow hits to the blue sky at 12:00 (morning/evening sun is the very best to enlight vapor but desktop lamp works also)
- Yep, there is a Warranty, 12 months, but try again following the tips above... it's normal it doesn't deliver straight vapor we call that the "Learning Curve", I experimented it myself!
- For sure there is a way to check if it works well, load it preferably with resinous THC flowers, fine grind, tiny 100mg load not tamped down, set the device at 205°C, session mode (you'll experiment with OnDemand mode later), wait for initial heat-up (it's pretty fast usually) and take a 10-15s strong draw, that first one is usually already delivering visible clouds but, in regard of the moisture content in your weed, first hit is always slightly less dense but you will notice, by the 2nd hit, an increased vapor density.

Let me know if you still not have good results but I think you are only experimenting the usual "learning curve".... Anyway, that's something pretty fun to learn about! Enjoy!
I thought I was trying these but will try these detailed instructions from a trustworthy expert....it definitely could be me. I am a newbie on the herb vape thing....thanks so much! Ken420

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I thought I was trying these but will try these detailed instructions from a trustworthy expert....it definitely could be me. I am a newbie on the herb vape thing....thanks so much! Ken420
Yes, that is a very good set of instructions. Taking the longer draw is key, especially while getting used to a technique.
On a draw of, say, 12 seconds, the first 5 or 6 might be meh, but vapor production from there may grow almost exponentially- enough so you have to learn when to stop or you'll be coughing!

Ken420

Silly question but do you hold the button during a draw? Also can I use maybe hemp instead for practice? Unfortunately I am on a limited use of the real stuff for the time being due to work considerations... (Thankfully not for long though) Thanks again!

Robert-in-YEG

It took me some time to warm up to this vape, but it does work. With the WPA it works quite well.

Here is what works for me. Pre-measure the flower. I use a 125ml measuring spoon; a level spoon of fresh ground flower. If it doesn't seem like enough, resist the urge to add more; over-packing doesn't work. Lightly tamp into place. After firing up the vape, wait 30-60 seconds before taking the first draw. Measuring, waiting, and being patient was what I needed. Long steady draws work for me.

My vape is almost 2 years old and is used daily. It works.

Robert-in-YEG

XpeeN

Silly question but do you hold the button during a draw? Also can I use maybe hemp instead for practice? Unfortunately I am on a limited use of the real stuff for the time being due to work considerations... (Thankfully not for long though) Thanks again!
It depends what mode you're using as the v3p supports both session and on demand. It says the name of the mode at the top of the screen.

Another tip that made my life easier beside the long and steady draw tip is to cigar puff at the beginning of a sesion. when the device reaches temp I take ~4 of ~2 seconds draws one after another to let some hot air pass through the herb. I usually stop when I'm starting to see vapor in one of these 2 seconds draws. Then I'm taking these long and steady draws.

I don't measure my herb or preheat for 60 seconds, but I can use half bowls and such if I want, I don't feel that it affects the performance, maybe just shorten the session a bit.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, I think the @vapviking , @Robert-in-YEG and @XpeeN replies to brings some nice advices. If you are in session mode, no need to press the button to take a hit, simply hit it when actual T° reachs the target T°. If you are using On-Demand mode (mode is written on the screen), you'll need to keep the finger on the button for the whole hit (heat up and drawing time).

Hemp contains less cannabinoids, so this is will have an impact on hit's size and number of hits. Fine grind your hemp and set the T° slightly higher (this is will permit you to vape all-in-one all the differents cannabinoids in your hemp) or even at max T° to start... and you'll lower the temp based on your liking for next sessions.

V3Pro works better as a Ripper than a Sipper, so idea consist to vape the whole load in a minimal n° of hits, the nice thing is the V3Pro is working admirably well with micro-dosing. See it like a bong! If you get a sensitive throat&lungs prefer not to take so big hits though... but imho, surprisingly, V3Pro vapor is pretty smooth for a convection based device...

Hope you'll get the hang out of it, but feel free to contact me if you still have issues, best regards!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom