• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Qomo Micro E-rig

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have received a couple of quartz atties from the TopGreen marketing team to test and must say this is what the original should have had.
The taste is well improved over the ceramic but my ceramic was pretty stained up. The best thing is how the quartz seems to take a little longer to heat so the low setting does actually seem low...still on the hot side for my liking but I have not charred anything...yet, the first day of trials and I have stayed on the low (white) setting so far.
It is nice that a couple of q-tips get it sparkling like new for the next dab...too easy!
I will add that the metal heater ribbon instead of wire embedded in the bottom of the quartz bucket looks like it will last very well even though it glows red, even on low.
1636438428704.jpg
I will put up some more pics once I have worked it some more...too early in the day for high temp rosin dabs. :tup:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have received a couple of quartz atties from the TopGreen marketing team to test and must say this is what the original should have had.
The taste is well improved over the ceramic but my ceramic was pretty stained up. The best thing is how the quartz seems to take a little longer to heat so the low setting does actually seem low...still on the hot side for my liking but I have not charred anything...yet, the first day of trials and I have stayed on the low (white) setting so far.
It is nice that a couple of q-tips get it sparkling like new for the next dab...too easy!
I will add that the metal heater ribbon instead of wire embedded in the bottom of the quartz bucket looks like it will last very well even though it glows red, even on low.
View attachment 14209
I will put up some more pics once I have worked it some more...too early in the day for high temp rosin dabs. :tup:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Quartz coils, initially I found them myself slightly hot although I just noticed I screwed it on a old beta Qomo, it hits a lot smoother on the production units I have.
I'm actually on the trim's extraction stage of the year, using a closed column extractor from our good friends at Herborizer, every day I have another batch to extract, unload and reload. Most fresh bho's runs are still under purge but I expect to get up of 50g, enough for a whole year. Today's strain is Bruce Banner with an exceptionnal yield for trim's extraction (+50g of trim in= 8g of unpurged bho out!). Tomorrow's strain will be Peach Ozz.
I will enjoy my Qomos very soon!
Have funny dab sessions!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Qomo owners and others members, what do you want to be improved/modified in the Xmax Qomo Micro E-Rig?

Feel free to post your suggestions, thank you in advance!

Petetbay

More secure mounting of the atty screw-in terminal, my 1st came loose and spins now. Upon investigation discovered it was secured by some kind of glue or caulking. It’s a concentrate device that gets gummed up and a lot of force is needed to loosen the atty, so something better is needed there.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
a lot of force is needed to loosen the atty
I wait until the atty is just cool enough to handle after a sesh before trying to remove it for cleaning. Also cleaning more often will help.
I have been using my Qomo a bit more with the quartz atty and still believe the lowest setting is a bit too high, I have managed to scorch a load by hitting it too often without cooling between hits and letting the load dry out instead of q-tipping earlier (I hate to leave anything behind and that causes most of my concentrate scorching problems but a lower temp helps)
The quartz atty cleaned up after I left a few drops of SimpleGreen in it overnight (added drops a couple times while it sat somewhere warm) followed by some iso then water on a qtip on a hot bowl to blast off any leftover specs.
-additional glass options
How many do you want, any male 18mm glass joint will fit allowing any mouthpiece, j-hook or even a bong if you want,
1638850133170.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Things that jump to mind:
-swappahle battery
-an additional temp setting or 2, OR the ability to set temps yourself
-additional glass options
-more atty materials
Exactly did the same suggestions, I'll transmit yours, thank you!
Replaceable batteries like these
1 more temp

View attachment 14972
Great, it's 18350 isn't it? TY for the suggestion!
All this sounds good. Personally the atomizers and glass would be #1 and #2 on my list.
Yes, are you aware we released recently the optionnal quartz atty? although I'm not sure if it's already available in your retailer's shop.
More secure mounting of the atty screw-in terminal, my 1st came loose and spins now. Upon investigation discovered it was secured by some kind of glue or caulking. It’s a concentrate device that gets gummed up and a lot of force is needed to loosen the atty, so something better is needed there.
Hi, I think the @LesPlenty advice is good, use the device or warm it up a little before to try to unscrew the atty, heat will soften the resin buildup doing the atty unscrewing easy&smooth. TY
I wait until the atty is just cool enough to handle after a sesh before trying to remove it for cleaning. Also cleaning more often will help.
I have been using my Qomo a bit more with the quartz atty and still believe the lowest setting is a bit too high, I have managed to scorch a load by hitting it too often without cooling between hits and letting the load dry out instead of q-tipping earlier (I hate to leave anything behind and that causes most of my concentrate scorching problems but a lower temp helps)
The quartz atty cleaned up after I left a few drops of SimpleGreen in it overnight (added drops a couple times while it sat somewhere warm) followed by some iso then water on a qtip on a hot bowl to blast off any leftover specs.

How many do you want, any male 18mm glass joint will fit allowing any mouthpiece, j-hook or even a bong if you want,
View attachment 15012
Personnally I agree with the low setting isn't low enough, in fact it's power regulated and not true temp control. So when you use the low setting the device only deliver less power but, with time, t° can reach high numbers also. Maybe we can add a sensor cutting off the power when a selected t° is reached, like the old e-cigs t° control feature.
Do you think we could add a 1 clic cut off power cause if you can start a cycle with a single clic you can't stop it the same (you can stop but only with 2 clics which increase the temp setting or 3 clics to turn the unit off) that's why a one clic stop cycle feature will give you more control on the existing power controlled "temp regulation"?

PPN,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(you can stop but only with 2 clics which increase the temp setting or 3 clics to turn the unit off) that's why a one clic stop cycle feature will give you more control on the existing power controlled "temp regulation"?
A single click to stop the sesh would be good, I have just button mashed until it turns off.

Petetbay

That is a non-answer, doesn’t fix the problem of how the terminal is mounted which I feel is an inferIor way. I have a dead Carta with the same problem it costs 4x as much and they did it the same way. These are concentrate devices with the atty in vapor path, heating it up to remove the atty helps but is not a fix. If I have to clean the vapor path after every use so the atty doesn’t get struck, I will throw it in the bin, and never buy again.

Last edited:
Petetbay,
  • Sad
Reactions: PPN

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If I have to clean the vapor path after every use
If this is happening I would say you are trying to vape too much concentrate at once.
That is a non-answer
I disagree, heat is usually the answer to any stuck item I have come across in my travels. :2c:
I have a dead Carta with the same problem
Sorry to hear but it sounds like your method is the problem as you have this problem on 2x devices now where others have not. (Is it really that hard to fire the atty for a few seconds before you disassemble it?)
I can still see how it can happen and would suggest a 1/4 turn cam lock system in the next version of the device as I have this set up in another device where the vapor travels over the atty and managed 800 dabs without removing the atty and when I did it came off easily.

LesPlenty,

Petetbay

If this is happening I would say you are trying to vape too much concentrate at once.

I disagree, heat is usually the answer to any stuck item I have come across in my travels. :2c:

Sorry to hear but it sounds like your method is the problem as you have this problem on 2x devices now where others have not. (Is it really that hard to fire the atty for a few seconds before you disassemble it?)
I can still see how it can happen and would suggest a 1/4 turn cam lock system in the next version of the device as I have this set up in another device where the vapor travels over the atty and managed 800 dabs without removing the atty and when I did it came off easily.
I’ll agree to disagree. ciau

edit: @LesPlenty Qomo or Carta is not a Peak Pro that I know.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Do you think we could add a 1 clic cut off power cause if you can start a cycle with a single clic you can't stop it the same (you can stop but only with 2 clics which increase the temp setting or 3 clics to turn the unit off) that's why a one clic stop cycle feature will give you more control on the existing power controlled "temp regulation"?

I find the click regiment on my Core erig to be pretty intuitive. Three clicks to change temp settings (of which I wish there were more), two clicks starts session mode, one click shuts off session mode. Press and hold gives you on demand power and stops the moment you release or you can pulse it.
Sometimes I will start a session mode just to get it going and warming up. I'll then stop it before it reaches peak temp, then pulse the botton to fine tune the hit.
The only thing I don't like is sometimes you double click session mode, but you accidently hit it a third time and change the heat setting. Then you have to go all the way around the horn again to get back to the setting you had originally.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Qomo or Carta is not a Peak Pro that I know.
I agree, my Qomo is still chugging along...my Puffco Peak Pro died before it's atty did. :cry:
I forgot to finish a sesh on the Qomo and managed a nice couple of puffs the next day on the unfinished load before q-tipping the quartz atty...it really is a step up from the ceramic job especially when it comes to cleaning.

Petetbay

The ceramic atty is crap and they shouldn’t even offer or include it anymore. I think I have 5 dead or semi-dead ceramic attys. Still have a working one and unused one. They are so hard to keep clean. I use the VM2 crystal atty and it’s always like new and yes it does way bigger loads.
Qomo2, new glass(holes in existing glass are too small) or 14 or 18mm female joint ala Splinter/StemPod for glass and reclaim puddle area, larger body to except one 21700 4000mah replaceable battery, larger glass/opening in atty location and VM2 atty then change the name to Mofo and raise price.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for the interesting suggestions!

That is a non-answer, doesn’t fix the problem of how the terminal is mounted which I feel is an inferIor way. I have a dead Carta with the same problem it costs 4x as much and they did it the same way. These are concentrate devices with the atty in vapor path, heating it up to remove the atty helps but is not a fix. If I have to clean the vapor path after every use so the atty doesn’t get struck, I will throw it in the bin, and never buy again.
Like @LesPlenty I think it's a solution used for many, many devices. I need to heat my Divine Tribe V4 before to be able to loosen the screws. As well keep in mind we are trying to offer affordables devices. I find it's a small inconvenient for the price ...
I find the click regiment on my Core erig to be pretty intuitive. Three clicks to change temp settings (of which I wish there were more), two clicks starts session mode, one click shuts off session mode. Press and hold gives you on demand power and stops the moment you release or you can pulse it.
Sometimes I will start a session mode just to get it going and warming up. I'll then stop it before it reaches peak temp, then pulse the botton to fine tune the hit.
The only thing I don't like is sometimes you double click session mode, but you accidently hit it a third time and change the heat setting. Then you have to go all the way around the horn again to get back to the setting you had originally.
It's good to know, I'll transmit your suggestion too. :wave:
Mines sitting on the shelf waiting for that quartz. The ceramic one is pretty much done ☹️
Yes it's a pretty recently released item, maybe you can inform your favourite retailer you would like to get one... and shipments are moving slow at the moment.
The ceramic atty is crap and they shouldn’t even offer or include it anymore. I think I have 5 dead or semi-dead ceramic attys. Still have a working one and unused one. They are so hard to keep clean. I use the VM2 crystal atty and it’s always like new and yes it does way bigger loads.
Qomo2, new glass(holes in existing glass are too small) or 14 or 18mm female joint ala Splinter/StemPod for glass and reclaim puddle area, larger body to except one 21700 4000mah replaceable battery, larger glass/opening in atty location and VM2 atty then change the name to Mofo and raise price.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, maybe we will offer a Qomo quartz kit as a future option, customers may be able to choose between glass and ceramic. I think some peoples enjoy ceramic also, imho ceramic hits smoother than Quartz but I agree quartz is easier to clean and taste better.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The ceramic version would still be a nice option if the heat settings were a lot lower, just too hot how it is now for me (ceramic seems fine in another device I have experience with that can go low in temps)

Petetbay

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Petetbay my friend, don't hurt your head too much :D

Somebody said in Reddit he has seen the Qomo kit with Quartz atty available, I'll ask for confirmation tomorrow, stay tuned!

I'd purchase one today if it had the quartz kit.
Look at the sentence above... it's possibly already available... not sure where although...

JOHN GALT

Hi @Petetbay my friend, don't hurt your head too much :D

Somebody said in Reddit he has seen the Qomo kit with Quartz atty available, I'll ask for confirmation tomorrow, stay tuned!

Look at the sentence above... it's possibly already available... not sure where although...

I just saw this from 10 months ago on Reddit:

r/Waxpen
•Posted by
u/digbragon0
10 months ago

I’m considering my first attempt at customizing my own rig​

Newbie Question
I wanna tell the plan and need opinions or honestly whether it’ll actually work or not. So this is my first time modifying on my own. I want to take the XMAX QOMO but replace the ceramic atomizer with a quartz atomizer which I would need to make sure they match in size right? Is there any other information I’d need to consider? I also wanna replace the glass water attachment with maybe a bigger piece that’ll hold more water because the current bubbler still leaves a certain burning taste. The water attachment isn’t much of a concern considering it’s an 18mm insert. I honestly just started thinking about this cause I’m pretty faded and I don’t wanna get back up to set up again.

And this from a month ago:

Posted by
u/TopGreenRep

1 month ago

Qomo users asked for... we did it! The Qomo Quartz Coil is now available as an optionnal accessorie for your Qomo.​

1639300600064.png

JOHN GALT,
Top Bottom