Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Vorange. I'm expecting the performance to be quite similar to the existing model, if there is any change it will probably be to run a little hotter as there is a very limited amount of metal and no contact with the wood to leach off the heat.

@jardri. Your WW is made from Sapele, an African tree in the same family as Mahogany. The leather bottom came from a back patch off a pair of jeans. I do volunteer work in a charity shop and saw the patch on a pair of jeans going out in the rags, so I snagged it and recycled it.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
@jardri. Your WW is made from Sapele, an African tree in the same family as Mahogany. The leather bottom came from a back patch off a pair of jeans. I do volunteer work in a charity shop and saw the patch on a pair of jeans going out in the rags, so I snagged it and recycled it.

Thank you JRR That is a cool story for this WW and a cool wood!!

jardri,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I´m finding it hard to explain to my friends how to vape with this. They absorb too fast or too slow and I don´t know how to guide them... Is there any trick or should I jut pop out the volcano?

jardri,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I´m finding it hard to explain to my friends how to vape with this. They absorb too fast or too slow and I don´t know how to guide them... Is there any trick or should I jut pop out the volcano?

Tell them to draw like they would drink Coke from a straw.

vorrange,
Reactions: jardri

jardri

Vapor Dreams
This Wychwood easily has the most dense vapor I have tasted! It overperforms my Solo and my Volcano and I wonder if the cloud vrip or any other vaporizer can compete in vapor density with a log vape once you get to it.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This Wychwood easily has the most dense vapor I have tasted! It overperforms my Solo and my Volcano and I wonder if the cloud vrip or any other vaporizer can compete in vapor density with a log vape once you get to it.

Ahah, i agree on the Solo and Volcano. It has become my favorite from my setup since i got it. ;)

Did your friends manage to learn how to hit it?

vorrange,
Reactions: jardri

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Ahah, i agree on the Solo and Volcano. It has become my favorite from my setup since i got it. ;)

Did your friends manage to learn how to hit it?

I refused to try to teach all at once. I´ve teached one so far who is amazed like me, but this vaporizer is too personal: I have the stem the way I like and the temperature is adjusted the way I like to draw so anyone not smoking the same way I do will be dissapointed. Give thanks I have a Volcano when friends come ;-) No vaporizer is perfect we are lucky to have plenty :science:

jardri,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I refused to try to teach all at once. I´ve teached one so far who is amazed like me, but this vaporizer is too personal: I have the stem the way I like and the temperature is adjusted the way I like to draw so anyone not smoking the same way I do will be dissapointed. Give thanks I have a Volcano when friends come ;-) No vaporizer is perfect we are lucky to have plenty :science:

Sometimes you teach the vaporizer how you like it, other times the vaporizer tells you how he likes it. :)

At least this particular kind of harem is not seen with judging eyes, i love all my vapes. :brow:

vorrange,

Kian

oddball musician
I've had my Wychwood for about a month now so I thought it's time to give my views after a fairer testing.
I love it. The more I got used to it, the more I loved it. My main problem at first was getting used to such free air flow. I like efficient vaping, so I don't get the whole "thick clouds" thing. Sometimes it's good if you can hold it all in, but anything breathed out is wasted goodness. At first, I was getting thigns a bit too creamy, but you soon get used to controlling the kind of vapour you get and now I always get the perfect amount of vapour without waste. The versatility of such a simple design is amazing, and these would suit anyone, no matter what kind of vapour you favour. The extraction is perfect, I usually pack in a decent bit and have it going for about 10 mins, stirring a couple of times. I get very even brown leftovers which taste great in chocolate cookies. A super efficient vape, although a lot has to do with the way you use it.
These little logs do get hot, but not too hot to hold (in my freezing house, this has made my cold hands happy). Depending how hard you hit it, and for how long, the heating element can cool down somewhat, but you leave the unit for a minute and it's back up to more than hot enough.
I never leave mine on overnight as I want to make it last, but it only takes about 5 mins to become hot enough to use.
I may have only tried 10 or so vapourisers, but this stands above anything I have touched. Including expensive models like the Volcano. highly recommended for anyone needing a home vapouriser, especially if you can only choose one (with the added bonus of being easily portable).
A brilliant investment, I am perfectly happy just having my Wychwood at home and my Launch Box for outside and gigging. and wonderful craftsmanship tops it all off, my Bubinga didn't look so amazing in the bright photos, but when I first waxed it I realised how beautiful this piece was, both for the grain and the turning. If I had a better camera than my old phone I would post some photos, I will in future.
^that was a bit long to say very little, but I got excited.
If you have the money, buy a Wychwood! (the new ones will be even better).

Kian,

Kian

oddball musician
Also, they work really well with the aromatherapy cup. Got some eucalyptus on now and it seems the perfect temperature with no visible steam, just slowly vapourising the oils at a perfect pace.

Does anyone know a place to get a good replacement cup upgrade? I would like something that fits on the heater but goes a bit wider to avoid spillage on the wood, also something that is easier to pick up when hot.
ideas? s

Kian,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Also, they work really well with the aromatherapy cup. Got some eucalyptus on now and it seems the perfect temperature with no visible steam, just slowly vapourising the oils at a perfect pace.

Does anyone know a place to get a good replacement cup upgrade? I would like something that fits on the heater but goes a bit wider to avoid spillage on the wood, also something that is easier to pick up when hot.
ideas? s

I use my solo´s aromatherapy cup. Put some cotton in it, some drops of whatever I wish to vaporize and leave ir plugged. It holds way better now and I foud it an use (Pretty useless in the solo with the 12 minute cycles)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I use my solo´s aromatherapy cup. Put some cotton in it, some drops of whatever I wish to vaporize and leave ir plugged. It holds way better now and I foud it an use (Pretty useless in the solo with the 12 minute cycles)

Havent used mine this way but IMO it is the best use for the Solo aromatherapy cup, even better than to use a Solo for it since it does not automatically shut off after 12min. ;)

ideas? s

Now you have to get a water piece and a vvps and you are all set for a while. ;)

vorrange,

spanner

Just got my new vape from WW and it is excellent smoke like clouds great efficiency. Cookie s customer service goes beyond what any one could expect seriously

spanner,
Reactions: vorrange

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Some aromatherapy oil entered my WW´s core. How can I clean it? I have burnt it but still flavors the material

jardri,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Some aromatherapy oil entered my WW´s core. How can I clean it? I have burnt it but still flavors the material

There was a similar incident in the HI thread recently, check there for Your Highness's posts.

vorrange,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

I have also spilled a little oil down into my HI, I used a few paper towels and waded them up and mashed them down into the core trying to soak up as much as I could. Then left the unit on for a while to burn off. It took a couple days for it to disappear and now it works like normal.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: vorrange

jardri

Vapor Dreams
My essence has burnt out but I am concerned if the chemicals trapped there will be released every time I use it without noticing

jardri,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I received some silicone stems today thanks to OhTheAgony :rockon: I have been testing and first thing I discovered was Horrible Silicone TASTE! Investigate a bit and it is the taste OF THE TUBE!!. I didn´t want to repeat that awful experience but I had an idea and executed it:

gKEkteq.jpg

Put the Volcano Easy mouthpiece on one side of the tube and... Magic!! Sick awful taste GONE!!! :science: And it fits so good it makes my stem look sophisticated

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
hi Wychwood fans,

Can someone tell me what this is, and what do I use it for?
DzLhD2A.jpg

bleak,

Kian

oddball musician
looks
hi Wychwood fans,

Can someone tell me what this is, and what do I use it for?
DzLhD2A.jpg
looks like the aromatherapy cup with some silicone around it to make it easier to pick up when hot. You place it on the heater and drop in essential oils and it acts like an oil burner. I've been using mine recently, works really well.

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
looks
looks like the aromatherapy cup with some silicone around it to make it easier to pick up when hot. You place it on the heater and drop in essential oils and it acts like an oil burner. I've been using mine recently, works really well.

Thanks Kian! I suspected it was something along those lines. I've got some lemongrass essential oil here, about to give it a try.

bleak,
Reactions: Kian

b0

Cloudy...
A Wychwood with voltage control like the E-Nano would be awesome! I know you can use a regulated power supply, but having it stock would be a lot better :)

b0,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
A Wychwood with voltage control like the E-Nano would be awesome! I know you can use a regulated power supply, but having it stock would be a lot better :)

I think that only few logs have that because it affects durability

jardri,
Top Bottom