Why do my hands ache after grinding?

Knewt

What's so hard in tearing a little bud apart bit by bit with just your fingers? Requires no strength at all, relatively effortless...

(well, I'm only half-joking here, never used a grinder in my life, find them wasteful and stinky)
Pinching is painful for me, grabbing either side of a grinder and twisting is currently not painful. There will be a time in the future for me where the grinding action may even be too painful.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What's so hard in tearing a little bud apart bit by bit with just your fingers? Requires no strength at all, relatively effortless...

(well, I'm only half-joking here, never used a grinder in my life, find them wasteful and stinky)
Grinders are great. You can totally pick your bud apart or use scissors, but grinders are a great quality of life upgrade.

Totally not necessary, but a fantastic improvement to my experience.

It also depends what your pot is like and how you plan to use it.

Most of the dispensary pot I get is dry and crumbly. Easy to crumble with fingers and a grinder can turn it into dust. In this case, I like fingers better than grinders.

However, my home grown is nice and moist after it's cured properly and it doesn't crumble. If you smoke in a pipe, you can break off pieces just fine. Again, however.... if you roll joints, you need a more consistent blend so a grinder works better than fingers for this pot and this application.

I drink beer, red wine and white wine..... none of them in the same style glass or at the same temperature.

Enjoy variety. It is the spice of life.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I already break it apart to load grinders, and removing stems, it's a whole process, I've done hand broken for certain sessions too, fun variety though definitely more tedious although sometimes it's such a shame to be losing anything to the grinder!

Shit Snacks

My Solo II came with a stir stick, and it's perfect for scraping bits out of a grinder

I would never use anything metal for that, I only use plain wood toothpicks for that with especially an anodized aluminum grinder... Even so it is a pretty tedious job, but I'm talking more about the tinier fragments that you cannot get that way, they build up and stick to the grinder over time is all, vs if you were to use more of a whole nug there would be more of it retained (like without keif filter)

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would never use anything metal for that, I only use plain wood toothpicks for that... Even so it's a pretty tedious job, but I'm talking more about the tinier fragments that you cannot get that way, they build up and stick to the grinder over time is all, vs if you were to use more of a whole nug there would be more retrained (like not separating keif)
Yep, that's what I figured you meant. For me, I only care about that as much as I do about resin or duff. There are cannabinoids in there but it ain't worth the effort. 😃

Shit Snacks

Yep, that's what I figured you meant. For me, I only care about that as much as I do about resin or duff. There are cannabinoids in there but it ain't worth the effort. 😃

Yeah I like you could try to clean and extract as people do but that's involved as well and in these modern times in my location it's just not necessary haha but it still sad to see!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just popping in and not sure if this has been asked before, but... are you a chronic masturbator?

FlyingLow,

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah overuse is overuse, everything's relative, but repetitive strain injury there certainly wouldn't appreciate that activity

Shit Snacks,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I would never use anything metal for that, I only use plain wood toothpicks for that with especially an anodized aluminum grinder... Even so it is a pretty tedious job, but I'm talking more about the tinier fragments that you cannot get that way, they build up and stick to the grinder over time is all, vs if you were to use more of a whole nug there would be more of it retained (like without keif filter)
I don’t know what kind of toothpicks you use, but mine have a flat end, and that has proven more effective than the pick end. I now have some stashed in my gear box.

DrömmenOmFrihet,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Top Bottom