Why do my hands ache after grinding?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
There are electric grinders too. I’m not sure which ones are worth the cost and an electric grinder won’t solve the underlying cause, but at least it would stop exacerbating it.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: GoldenBud

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
Eat more "Cottage Cheese" or any other Cheese, don't consume Caffeine before or after eating Cheese. drink plenty of water too if consumed a lot of Calcium/Sodium

Also see a Doctor like Grass Yep said, and maybe exercise more. get the muscles near the Wrist stronger.
How do caffeine and cheese adversely interact?

DrömmenOmFrihet,
Reactions: GoldenBud
32?????

Wait until you hit 70. I have not slept more than 2 hours in a row in almost 10 years. I wake up in pain every 2 hours, almost on the mark. Every part of my body hurts just about all the time. And, nothing, not pot, not opioids, not ibuprofen.... not even beer (well, sometimes beer LOL) can stop the pain completely. Best I can do is "take the edge off sometimes.

I am not overweight. I have been a gym rat all my life. I eat fresh foods, mostly.

Some people are just meant to have pain.

Good luck to anyone with chronic pain. It's not an easy life.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
32?????

Wait until you hit 70. I have not slept more than 2 hours in a row in almost 10 years. I wake up in pain every 2 hours, almost on the mark. Every part of my body hurts just about all the time. And, nothing, not pot, not opioids, not ibuprofen.... not even beer (well, sometimes beer LOL) can stop the pain completely. Best I can do is "take the edge off sometimes.

I am not overweight. I have been a gym rat all my life. I eat fresh foods, mostly.

Some people are just meant to have pain.

Good luck to anyone with chronic pain. It's not an easy life.

Sorry about your pain, my friend. It sucks, but it is what is.
I'm 41, but I started feeling the beginnings of arthritis and gout in my late 20's, and I'm confident that I will probably be in your situation by your age. I know I've been taking a handfull of naproxen pills daily for years now to help with the joint inflammation pain.
My left knee has a hard time bending far enough to get in the car door without a lot of pain sometimes.

Sure seems to be a lot of people in pain these days. You would think with all the medical advances they could find a solution.

Maybe an app you can download that controls your body functions. Toggle the pain button off and it's all gone. Depression, toggle off. Wanna get high? Toggle on. Ooooo Erection.. toggle on toggle on toggle on. LOL

Who knows what the future holds. We could all be pain free in less than a decade. Tech moves pretty fast these days.

Good luck to all of us in pain and keep smiling. :)

Ramahs

I for one can't wait for my implants...and I want one in my forehead and one in the back of my wrist just to freak out the bible thumpers 🤣🤣🤣

Ramahs

No, I don't need some fucking supplements, lol.
You're real freaking funny (not really 😕).

I would like to say a few quite offensive things now, directed at the likes of you, that would get me kicked off from here.
But I like it here, so I wont.

So, Have a nice day my friend. :tup:

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I couldn’t tell you, I haven’t needed to open a jar lately. I can report there’s some pain when using my xbox controller.
It has probably nothing to do with your grinder and much to do with xbox and computer use. Most likely it is is the onset of repetitive strain injury and/or "carpal tunnel syndrome".
Deal with it now and save yourself a lot of pain and money later... I would ignore doctors and go straight to a physiotherapist, from experience...

I treated my own similar issue using a Powerball, but it may not work for everyone.

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah, if it's not something degenerative, chances are it's from something more repetitive than grinding a few buds now and then... Hmm, what other common non-work related repetitive actions other than controllers and typing is one's wrist forced to endure...:hmm: maybe cut back or change up that...? ;)

Good luck!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Sounds like arthritis or old damaged. I fractured both my wrist in a locomotive accident and get sharp shooting pains in wrist to elbow when I hit 80 psi with my grip, so sticky buds and full packed grinder is a no no for me. Usually half pack and break them apart some.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Razhumikin

Generally, going on the internet to ask about medical decisions is a bad idea, none of us here are equipped to properly diagnose you, let alone offer treatment advice. If this is something that is seriously impacting your quality of life, go to your physician. There are a variety of treatments for arthritis, but what will work best for you can only be determined by someone who has access to your medical records and can examine you in person.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Generally, going on the internet to ask about medical decisions is a bad idea, none of us here are equipped to properly diagnose you, let alone offer treatment advice. If this is something that is seriously impacting your quality of life, go to your physician. There are a variety of treatments for arthritis, but what will work best for you can only be determined by someone who has access to your medical records and can examine you in person.
agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

Wish I would have taken care of my stuff earlier with a doctor, it would not be as bad as it is if I got legitimate advice instead of co workers and compression wraps 🤦‍♂️

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Of course…. This coming from a guy who drinks bleach. 😂
Haha just goes to show ya, even if the once president himself gives you medical advice you should probably ignore still and talk to a real doctor.
I only kid I have had this handle much longer than that stemming from back when people would eat a cotton ball dipped in bleach to try and pass a UA, another good example of taking bad advice with health.

GoldenBud

Maybe there's a connection between THC and bones sore? :huh:
seems like CBD can help but not sure..

"
Pre-clinical studies demonstrate that the ECS has an important role in bone healing and bone homeostasis. There is promising evidence that CBD may increase bone healing through activating cannabinoid receptors, whereas Δ9-THC likely inhibits bone metabolism and repair. Current mouse and rat models are age and sex dependent, limiting generalizability and applicability to human cannabinoid receptor function [13]. It is currently unclear whether the pre-clinical evidence demonstrated in this review will correlate with clinical evidence in bone formation and homeostasis in humans.

"

GoldenBud,

Ramahs

YES!!! This, and so much this! Anyone who thinks this is not THIS can kiss my ass, and fuck you to any dumbasses talking about medical advice here...you are a fucking idiot. Go talk to your doctor!!!!!

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
YES!!! This, and so much this! Anyone who thinks this is not THIS can kiss my ass, and fuck you to any dumbasses talking about medical advice here...you are a fucking idiot. Go talk to your doctor!!!!!
Will do, once I find one.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No, I don't need some fucking supplements, lol.
You're real freaking funny (not really 😕).

I would like to say a few quite offensive things now, directed at the likes of you, that would get me kicked off from here.
But I like it here, so I wont.

So, Have a nice day my friend. :tup:

You really aren't too good at sticking to this:

Since this wasn't directed at anyone specifically and since another warning point would send you on a long vacation, I'll let you off the hook here. Try not hitting Post Reply when you type something like that.

Ramahs

You really aren't too good at sticking to this:

Since this wasn't directed at anyone specifically and since another warning point would send you on a long vacation, I'll let you off the hook here. Try not hitting Post Reply when you type something like that.

Thanks for the discretion. Much appreciated. I realize looking back at it that the language was a bit strong. It was intended as a general statement, not meant to insult anyone here specifically. But I see after re-reading it how it came off.

But yeah, the main idea I was trying to convey is to NOT get medical advice from a message board on the internet. Talk to a doctor!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What's so hard in tearing a little bud apart bit by bit with just your fingers? Requires no strength at all, relatively effortless...

(well, I'm only half-joking here, never used a grinder in my life, find them wasteful and stinky)

Top Bottom