• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Why can't I get the same "high" than I used to get?

Oden

I believe Durban Poison has not been “bastardized” like some other Sativas, or so I’ve been told…. It definitely has an old school quality to it when I’ve enjoyed.

Thanks ! I did not know this variety.
I have just read some information on this Durban Poison and it is very interesting.
This variety has entered my list 🙏.
I'm really nostalgic for the hash varieties I smoked when I was younger in Morocco.
There was one that I smoked every summer there. This hash makes you happy, the body remained intact and always provoked laughter during evenings with friends 😂😂.
Unfortunately I don't know what strains it comes from.

vapeape77

@GoldenBud has good taste with those shoutouts! Super lemon haze is a must for the flavor and Amnesia haze for the long lasting high. I also a fan of Alaska Thunder Fuck (what a name) has that old school creeper effect.

Yeah I mostly can just find bubble hash in the NW US, although I did find some “Moroccan” hash by chance not too long ago. Top shelf full melt bubble hash is great but I prefer mid shelf Moroccan over regular bubble hash.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Alaska Thunder Fuck (what a name) has that old school creeper effect.
is it the one that makes you feel higher like "going up" but no buzzy/"spinning" head at all, and makes you happier? damn that's an heaven on earth
and about Durban, haven't tried Durban poison yet, waiting for my chance

vapeape77

is it the one that makes you feel higher like "going up" but no buzzy/"spinning" head at all, and makes you happier? damn that's an heaven on earth
and about Durban, haven't tried Durban poison yet, waiting for my chance
Yeah for me ATF it’s definitely in the happy high category, with a bit of focus and less paranoia than a standard sativa haze would produce.

TheFatBastard

Getting stale? Get some fresh weed?

Yes, just harvested a Lima Haze, couple of Gorilla Girls and also a couple of Somango/Widow.

Some strains of my stash are 2 years old, some are 1 year, but it is very well preserved, though I feel the effects more narcotic with the old stuff.

try 28 days bro. I vaporize three days in a row very strong (around 30% THCA 2.5% Terpz) weed, and it feels like the first week of smoking something strong in my life. not like the Sativas of 2004, but like the very strong "indica" from 2012 or so. I have 0 tolerance and I feel like the oppening of the movie "Pineapple Express". I prefer the Sour/Diesel high from the good Sativas, but the "Indica" based on gg4/gsc/gelato when it's done well it's a beast

I have made breaks of 15/18 days, and for sure the high is way better, but after two or three sessions, the high becomes the same as always, so not sure if a 28 days break is really worth it. I mostly vape in weekends, just one session a day, maybe a couple hours, but guess somehow your brain becomes used to the high.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I have made breaks of 15/18 days, and for sure the high is way better, but after two or three sessions, the high becomes the same as always, so not sure if a 28 days break is really worth it. I mostly vape in weekends, just one session a day, maybe a couple hours, but guess somehow your brain becomes used to the high.
can you please show a picture of your weed? after 28 days of break, i am already vaping around 0.5gr per day since last Thursday, and also today i got too high and felt like walking on clouds... but 18 days is also a lot and i dunno maybe because you're oldschool your weed doesn't contain enough trichomes? but not sure, can't say nothing for sure ofc it's very subjective too!

TheFatBastard

can you please show a picture of your weed? after 28 days of break, i am already vaping around 0.5gr per day since last Thursday, and also today i got too high and felt like walking on clouds... but 18 days is also a lot and i dunno maybe because you're oldschool your weed doesn't contain enough trichomes? but not sure, can't say nothing for sure ofc it's very subjective too!

Maybe I didn’t explain myself well….. of course I get high, I usually vape 0.25/0.4 either in my Flowerpot or my V-Tower. Nice high, relaxed, happy mood…. But I meant I don’t get these highs I used to get the first year I started vaping, that’s all. Of course, the highs are very enjoyable, and if I space the sessions 3 or more days, it becomes even better, but if I vape 3 days in a row (friday, saturday and sunday) the high of the last day becomes a little dull.

My weed is good, lot of trichomes, indeed, I always use a mini microscope to look at them before harvesting or taking a look before I vape.

Sounds pretty “well aged” to me if you have some going on two years…. Thc is gonna turn to cbn eventually

Yeah, I know. I use so little weed vaping that, even though I only grow 4 or 5 plants a year, I always have too many weed, so it ends accumulating a little bit. But is good, is like wine, sometimes you’d rather vape a good 2020 Amnesia Haze, enjoy a 2021 Lemon Kix or start tasting the new 2022 Lima Haze.:lol:

Flow

Hi, i don't know if i'm right with this explanation but it's mine and it seems to depict quite well the phases through wich i go during long term use of a strain...

So, points i noticed about my use as follow :
- First is kind of "body-discover" / Honeymoon of the strain… i get high, way too high sometimes… and it does not seem to depend on THC level...
- Then is the "i-get-use-to-it" time, using buds and getting high but not "that" satisfying anymore (AND i'm high !!! but my mood is différent…)
- Then is the "take-care" time, my body and mind get used to the strain and i get high again as (or really near) in the beginning...

My tolerance is mild, these periods count in weeks for me… How about you ?
By the way, best strain i ever got yet is Sage n' Sour !

vapeape77

Hi, i don't know if i'm right with this explanation but it's mine and it seems to depict quite well the phases through wich i go during long term use of a strain...

So, points i noticed about my use as follow :
- First is kind of "body-discover" / Honeymoon of the strain… i get high, way too high sometimes… and it does not seem to depend on THC level...
- Then is the "i-get-use-to-it" time, using buds and getting high but not "that" satisfying anymore (AND i'm high !!! but my mood is différent…)
- Then is the "take-care" time, my body and mind get used to the strain and i get high again as (or really near) in the beginning...

My tolerance is mild, these periods count in weeks for me… How about you ?
By the way, best strain i ever got yet is Sage n' Sour !
I don’t follow your take-care period, kinda jealous since I thought I had good “stoner” genes. That must be nice, I’m switching out strains by then.

Flow

I could have tried to explain myself better, my bad ^^
I often notice i get used to the high of the strain following these "steps" and as i can't switch strains, i keep on with it…
I guess and tried to enhance the fact that - to my experience - the high is not THC-related that much. I get "used to it"…
The high is "faster/deeper" with high THC strains, but all in all after some times, i get "quite" the same high with a "regular" THC strain.

JBone65

Weed isn't working "the way it used to" for me either. In some ways it's working worse (less psychodelic, etc) but in some ways it's working better.

I find myself still lovin' it, happy addicted, half a century later.

I'm finding that many strains today look good in every way possible but they are tame.

i accidentally bought some beautiful indica that just isn't satisfying to me. Not enjoyable to vape but making great decarb'ed indica flower horse tranquilizers in 000 gel caps instead.

It takes an effort to find the strains that work for me these days, but I have been successful enough (thanks entirely to a saturated Oklahoma market place) to know it's possible and worth pursuing.

I'm satisfied with the routine "head buzz", what for me comes down to a "racing mind".

Laying off causes me to forget about weed after 3-4 days. Can't have that! That's no fun IMO.

I mentioned diy edibles. Another option might be to periodically up the dosage. Beware excellent vape hits are even better an hour or two after swallowing a large gel cap stuffed with flower. Very intoxicating!!! Makes you forget about previous highs.

A better option might be to reduce the dosage to find an ideal balance between tolerance and enjoyment. Reduce frequency until you appreciate the hits. Avoid taking hits out of habit or boredom. If 2 of 3 hits aren't satisfying, just take the 1 satisfying hit and it will be much more satisfying, etc. If still unsatisfied, one can always walk away.

Maybe nerve fatigue is the true objective. It feels good to saturate my nerves with THC, even though I can't enjoy weed as much for awhile.

I have noticed that switching strains can have a negative or positive effect. Can one take a T break with a particular strain? I say this because I pulled some Tropicana Cookies out of the freezer (got 3 oz cheap awhile back). Got two hits and had my first decent anxiety attack in months. Same thing happened the second time, but the old brain seems to be getting saturated already. This might be some sort of nightmare strain.

Sorry for the long post. Very stoned....🙏

GoldenBud

Not enjoyable to vape but making great decarb'ed indica flower horse tranquilizers in 000 gel caps instead.
Hydroxy-11-THC is like 5x-10x stronger than THC D9. it will mess with your tolerance so bad..... but... try finding some GG4 or so.... your head will get spinned....

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

JBone65

Mixed up about a weeks worth of blue dream, sherbet cookies and tropicana cookies, just a few buds of each.

All three are supposedly sativa dominant hybrids. Wondering how that's possible, because they all have radically different terpene profiles. All three happen to be enjoyable individually, but very satisfying when mixed.

I'd prefer an old school sativa from Mexico (or from further south), but a blend of "modern sativa" can work pretty good IMO.

I keep a list of terpene profiles, not sure it makes much difference. I know my favorite strains often have terpinolene as the dominant strain, those usually aren't sweet.
Screenshot-20230105-160537.png

The blue dream is mild with a nice flavor, with a basic myrcene, pinene and caryophyllene terpene profile. I thought myrcene was prominent in indica, I'm confused.
PXL-20221223-020502867-PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

The blue dream is mild with a nice flavor, with a basic myrcene, pinene and caryophyllene terpene profile. I thought myrcene was prominent in indica, I'm confused.
It depends which side of the genetics the 'selector' picks. and it also depends how much seeds he's got in the first place..
the Bluedream is Super Silver Haze x Blueberry, so if the selector picked up something is very hazey by the effects, but tastes like blueberries, he will keep it. it depends how the selector's mind works basically and which pheno he keeps.
maybe the selector likes the Super Silver Haze's taste, who knows. but probably it's being picked up for the effects/yield mostly.

I'm sure that there are Blue Dream phenos which are indica dominant....

same for the cookies strains... people complain that they're "weak" and don't give a good ole' buzz like SLH/SSH/GTH/GC/ATF/MTF etc'. depends which pheno it is and how much time the selector invested etc'

LeftBased

It depends which side of the genetics the 'selector' picks. and it also depends how much seeds he's got in the first place..
the Bluedream is Super Silver Haze x Blueberry, so if the selector picked up something is very hazey by the effects, but tastes like blueberries, he will keep it. it depends how the selector's mind works basically and which pheno he keeps.
maybe the selector likes the Super Silver Haze's taste, who knows. but probably it's being picked up for the effects/yield mostly.

I'm sure that there are Blue Dream phenos which are indica dominant....

same for the cookies strains... people complain that they're "weak" and don't give a good ole' buzz like SLH/SSH/GTH/GC/ATF/MTF etc'. depends which pheno it is and how much time the selector invested etc'
So true I had some nicely tasted farm grown cookies and it didn't match up to the clone phenotype, however the weed was good and potent but flavor wasn't too bad had the minty kush flavor, looked not as pretty but had good THC and cannabinoid content. Than I had some other pheno of cookies that smelled like heaven chocolate mint sweet kush the high potent.

Phenotypes vary. Blue dream phenos do exist same with sour diesel. I've had the foxtailed sour diesel which is super heady but kicks into a heavy indica after awhile. Than I had a sour diesel that looked fluffy but lacked foxtailing still had the gassy notes to it.

So yeah also had a super lemon Haze that resembled cat piss. Had me sketched out it was just a very potent sativa went through cannabis shakes and slight paranoia and it was a tested product from a licensed dispo. I knew it was just the strain and terps.

Some terps make the THC more Racey and others make it more balanced and or chill.

ScyOne

I didn't read most post, but I did noticed I took 1 hit off some shatter once and was basically disable and couch locked.

Never had another high like it from a similar hit since.

GoldenBud

I've noticed this for myself as well, even if I get really high its just not the same. I guess its just a part of getting older?
ah, dunno. i think it's mainly because cannabis became a business more than pleasure, so the sour/lemon strains are gone because their yield is not as the same as gsc / gelato / kush based strains that their yield is higher per the field etc', so people want just more grams and not strong OG sour high as it used to be 10 years ago :/

try to find something sour/lemon in your area...

CleanHippie

ah, dunno. i think it's mainly because cannabis became a business more than pleasure, so the sour/lemon strains are gone because their yield is not as the same as gsc / gelato / kush based strains that their yield is higher per the field etc', so people want just more grams and not strong OG sour high as it used to be 10 years ago :/

try to find something sour/lemon in your area...
That could be, very good point. I'm pretty picky with my bud and only go for old school genetics I don't buy anything designer.

JBone65

I'm thinking a good weed high just isn't always available on demand. The same weed can seem unsatisfying at times, then after laying off for 10-12 hours, it might work great. My first couple of hits, with coffee early in the morning, are always better. I'm guessing the poor old brain can only be stimulated so far.....🤯

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I'm thinking a good weed high just isn't always available on demand. The same weed can seem unsatisfying at times, then after laying off for 10-12 hours, it might work great. My first couple of hits, with coffee early in the morning, are always better. I guess the poor old brain can only be stimulated so far.....🤯
yeah that's why pheno hunters exist... to catch the right pheno out of like 20-100+ seeds or so... some weed can be pretty but not strong at all if the pheno hunter did a bad job :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom