Whip Tubing - All Your Questions Answered!

Bouldorado

VaporEyeSore said:
weedemon said:
as for dimentions it's the first post:

3/8" ID, 1/2" OD - SSV/DBV (newer style wands may use different sizes)

the problem is in uk they sell the tubing by inner diameter and wall thickness.
now 1/2" = 1.27cm
ID = 0.95cm
Subtract these to get a wall thickness of 0.32cm and I cant find anything of this size in uk.

Thanks Wat thats what i was looking for :)
But i still cant work out the sizes (im being dumb i think) i thought by their standard it would be 0.95 or 10x12.7OD which i cant see on that page.

have to divide that .32cm by 2 to get wall thickness. actual wt = .16 cm

Bouldorado,

VaporEyeSore

Bouldorado said:
VaporEyeSore said:
weedemon said:
as for dimentions it's the first post:

3/8" ID, 1/2" OD - SSV/DBV (newer style wands may use different sizes)

the problem is in uk they sell the tubing by inner diameter and wall thickness.
now 1/2" = 1.27cm
ID = 0.95cm
Subtract these to get a wall thickness of 0.32cm and I cant find anything of this size in uk.

Thanks Wat thats what i was looking for :)
But i still cant work out the sizes (im being dumb i think) i thought by their standard it would be 0.95 or 10x12.7OD which i cant see on that page.

have to divide that .32cm by 2 to get wall thickness. actual wt = .16 cm

Doh! thankyou I really shouldnt try to do this when im vaped it hurts my head :)

VaporEyeSore,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just reupted with 7th Floor tubing. To me the 40% cost saving justifies it over McMasters and US Plastics.
Can't wait to get VXC and get the tubing monkey off my back! :rolleyes:

Pappy,

Bouldorado

Pappy said:
Just reupted with 7th Floor tubing. To me the 40% cost saving justifies it over McMasters and US Plastics.

how do you figure a 40% saving? unless mcmasters/us plastics have absurdly high shipping costs, I can't see how they would be more expensive.

Bouldorado,

Pappy

shmaporist
Bouldorado said:
Pappy said:

how do you figure a 40% saving? unless mcmasters/us plastics have absurdly high shipping costs, I can't see how they would be more expensive.
Macmaster's > 20 feet is $30 + 7ish S&H + tax = $37
7th Floor > 20 feet is $19 + 6 S&H -= $25

That 's a $12 saving which equates to 48% on $25. I actually lowballed it... McMaster tubing is actually 48% more!

Pappy,

hereatlast

Pappy, which class/type of McMaster tubing are you quoting? Some of that tubing is rated safe for ISO rinses and that could be factored into the price IMO.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Pappy, which class/type of McMaster tubing are you quoting? Some of that tubing is rated safe for ISO rinses and that could be factored into the price IMO.
It was ISO safe, HAL, but cleaning 2 foot sections of toob with ISO isn't my idea of fun! Has anyone here cleaned one to their satisfaction? I hadn't read that, but even so -- cleaning rubber toobs seems very anal. :lol:

Pappy,
Reactions: Tweak

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I tried to clean tubing exactly one time with ISO. Shitty results and a waste of my time as it turns out. Since then I've been just tossing it when it gets too discolored for my liking and chop off a new piece of the 25 feet of silicone that I got on Amazon. It's a no brainer really.

:2c:

Stu,

hereatlast

nicelytoasted ( :wave: ) notes in this thread (post #32) that he uses an ISO rinse to clean his tubing. IMO, if the tubing if chemically inert throughout contact with ISO than I don't see much of an issue, a little more of a nuisance than cleaning glass (and maybe not as fun ;)) but certainly worth it if your plowing through tubing like that (or your into recycling).

hereatlast,
Damn and i thought i was the only one that knew about mcmaster. been ordering from them for years for the most random things! hahha

SethFahara,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
nicelytoasted ( :wave: ) notes in this thread (post #32) that he uses an ISO rinse to clean his tubing. IMO, if the tubing if chemically inert throughout contact with ISO than I don't see much of an issue, a little more of a nuisance than cleaning glass (and maybe not as fun ;)) but certainly worth it if your plowing through tubing like that (or your into recycling).
I'm into recycling but the question is are recycling bins into me? :lol:

Pappy,

wtf848

i dont think i missed anything, though i suppose its always a possibility. anybody got dimensions for the vapir NO2 hose? its definitely smaller than the vapor bros, and the 3 inch segments it comes with are super annoying. why does nobody seem to publish the size of their own tubing? i dont feel like a thread like this SHOULD be necessary at all (although clearly it is and im stoked it exists haha)

thanks in advance

wtf848,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
&Th Floor Tubing (merged)

Can someone post a link to the website for the colored 7th Floor tubing please? I need to place an order...

Thanks in advance. I already tried to Google it, but it does not come up. I ordered from them before, but cannot find contact info...:peace:

Bluntcrush,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Anyone know the website for 7th floor tubing?? I need to reup, but cannot find their info on google or eleswhere...

Any help would be appreciated! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

aero18

vaporist
What is my hose made out of? Can it withstand very low temperatures? (merged)

I am in the process of designing and constructing a distiller for cannabis oil that uses no solvents, however, I need to know what the Da Buddha's hose is composed of. I know it is not silicone.

Also, I would like to know if silicone and the hose that the 7th Floor supplies can withstand temperatures of around -80 degrees C.

EDIT: It appears that the DB tubing is made out of vinyl tubing, which can tolerate temperatures to about -40* C. Silicone has a broader temperature tolerance, and can withstand as low as -73* C, which is just a few degrees shy of what I am expecting.

Has anyone ever put any silicone tubing directly on dry ice? Were there any structural problems that you noticed at such low temperatures?

aero18,

Nycdeisel

You are right, the 7th Floor tubing is not pure silicone.
however this is http://www.mcmaster.com/#51845k59/=ehq5vl , and that one says -80 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is not low enough for your purpose here. I am not sure if other silicone tubes can withstand different temperatures.

i believe the 7th Floor stuff is also a blend of vinyl

Nycdeisel,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So, 7th floor: Vinyl. Do not freeze/ do not over heat; do not soak in ISO! Yes it is a specific vinyl wich is studied to trap as less particulates as possible while not having the usual (horrible) PVC taste.

Silicone: high grade medical one. Resistant to -150c and to +200c temps. I "freeze" (better say cool as it doesn't freeze) my silicone hoses daily...Never had any issue!

FLskwat,

Alb

Ent
Where can I find just what 7th floor tubing is made of exactly? Is it safer than other manufacture's tubing in terms of heat resistant? I'd rather buy something that may not stay as clean but has less chance of emitting harmful vapors off the tubing material.

Alb,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think you would have to ask 7th floor directly. As I understand it was made to their own specifications- I think they had to commission a factory run specifically or something, so they hare the only ones to have it.

WatTyler,

nucleo

is plastic tubbing safe for inhalation purposes? does anyone have any ideas?

nucleo,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Without knowing exactly what tubing your talking about it's a bit hard to answer. Generally your looking for tubing that is food or medical grade. The kind of things available in most towns will be tubing used for brewing beer/wine making.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom