Which Vape- Arizer XQ2, Silver Surfer or (something in the $200 range)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I agree @coolbreeze but if drawn out sessions are more important than flavour it's a decent choice. As I said in my first post in this thread I started with an eq and I don't use it for vaping any more, now it's my glass dryer with its fan power. I've never used a dbv or ssv but I believe they both extract quicker. I'd bet they both taste considerably better though.

coolbreeze

my glass dryer with its fan power
Dang...maybe I should get one...

I agree with your points, really, I'm just suggesting that if you don't mind dumping/stirring/repacking, you can have a low-fuss session experience rather than a no-fuss experience while enjoying the other benefits (flavor, flexibility, scalability) with a device that doesn't inherently limit you to one type of experience. I think the advantages of the XQ can be more or less replicated or mitigated by the other devices easier and more completely than can the advantages of the others by the XQ. But with no experience, I can only speculate. So, I'm not really arguing with you as much as with OP's assumption that the bit of fussing with non-session vapes is too much a burden, or a burden above the benefits.

In any case, we're gonna have this so finely figured that he's never gonna suffer VAS in his lifetime as a result!

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I truly appreciate the honest opinions here. I understand that it will be hard to achieve all of my key points into 1 vape.
I’m usually in the “buy once, cry once” camp when it comes to purchases like this, but given that you’ve already got a conduction session vape a cheap way to test the on demand convection waters might be an xmax v3 pro. It’s not a desktop and I think if you smoke 1-2g a day your rightly considering those, but it is a very functional full convection portable. It would be a cheaper way to see if you even like that experience.

Flow

I am a long time Pax user, I started in 2012 with a Pax 1, now own a few Pax 3 units. They are great for when I am mountain biking or out where I don't have much pocket room to carry much. But I spend a lot of time at home watching YouTube grow videos, I feel I can have a better vape experience while home with a desktop rather than portable unit. I'm not looking for a knock out cloud, I am a big fan of flavor and obviously need to feel the buzz too, not looking to choke though. I enjoy sessioning for 10+ minutes if possible rather than 2 big hits. I like to experience that full spectrum from my bud.

Hi !
I never tried XQ2… ^^

But i own a Silver Surfer. Here are pro's and con's according to me :
Pro's
Tough
Reliable
Versatile
Whip style vape - like it or not, but i do enjoy that point ! (otherwise, have a look at LSV ! It would have been my alternate choice ^^)
Heavy hitter OR long time sipper, both if you wish… mine is "on steroïds" with a glass sleeve around the rod - it gives full convection drawz !
Heavy tolerance ? Low tolerance ? Same, just use baskets in your stems, go for 18, 14 or even 10 mm diameter with cheap glass joints.

And never "under-powered"... ^^
I guess some points are still missing…

Con's
Glass might be shattered, be carefull
no balloons with this one, but you can get some with the Super Surfer.

You won't go wrong with a SSV anyway ! It is my first vape purchase ever, and i still use it daily !

PeteyS

If value is important to you, then the Arizer V-tower can be had for the cheapest of the bunch.
It won't inflate bags or have a built in fan/lights, but it comes with the whip, and thats really the best way to use the xq2/vtower.
Its not known to be a very good bag blower. You would want a Volcano for that.
Let me know if you have any more questions, The vtower is all i use at home.

Top Bottom