What's in your vape right now?

JollyGreenGiant

not from USA but it seems like all my weed came from some genius american breeder..what you described sounds amazing.. Once I'm in the states I'll get some 710 labs for sure...

Find a local in CA. You can’t just “buy” it. You have to be part of their club, and they have ~1 drop or so a month. They mainly use the flower for their concentrates, so they don’t release much to the public. If you can get your hands on some, holy moly.

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

after a week without herb, got me some kush
IMG-20220329-201652.jpg

gangababa

I will have something in my vape soon.
I was given two different flowers grown here in Uruguay. They came to me third hand, grower, intermediate friend, and my wife who says she was told by the friend what the strains are, but I am skeptical.
One was identified as an indica (dominant) named BD while the other, sativa dominant, was called K2.

Makes no sense to me. What is BD if not blue Dream, sativa dominant?
The other, K2 is said by the interwebs to be indica.
I miss the good old days when pot was pot and cannabis was better or worse, but never named oregano.

JBone65

Still mixing strains here. Have been adding a 1/4 oz every two weeks or so, trying to keep at least a blended 1/2 oz or more, ground up just enough to mix well. I'm adding mostly high THC strains, strawberry cough a week ago, and something really different called Jabberwocky (indica dominant) two weeks before that. Although I really like the blend, I noticed that it takes my brain several days to adjust to and appreciate each new mixture, but I end up liking them all. It's been an interesting experience. I'm learning to appreciate a wider terpenoid spectrum and exactly which terpenoids profiles I prefer and which I associated with the word sativa (myrcene, caryophyllene, pinene, humulene, etc.). Trying to learn as much as I can. This article discusses 30-40 of 100+ terpenes found in weed.

GoldenBud

I prefer and which I associated with the word sativa (myrcene, caryophyllene, pinene, humulene, etc.)
Myrcene as Indica "but it also plays a significant role in deciding whether a strain is going to be an upbeat Sativa or a relaxing Indica. When a variety contains more than 0.5% of this terpene, it leans to the sedative side. " from the link you gave

Limonene for sativa mostly,
Effects: Limonene is known for being an excellent mood-enhancer with anti-anxiety, anti-depressive, and stress-relief effects. Its uplifting effects make high-limonene strains excellent choices for daytime productivity. Along with its antifungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic properties, Limonene also aids weight loss and bronchitis. In addition, it treats gastrointestinal disorders like acid reflux or heartburn and helps with gallstone eradication.

Pinene I think sativa too, I think Humelene/Caryphyllene is the taste of GG4 or so? hybrid or indica? dunno really about these..

GoldenBud,

JBone65

Myrcene as Indica "but it also plays a significant role in deciding whether a strain is going to be an upbeat Sativa or a relaxing Indica. When a variety contains more than 0.5% of this terpene, it leans to the sedative side. " from the link you gave

Limonene for sativa mostly,
Effects: Limonene is known for being an excellent mood-enhancer with anti-anxiety, anti-depressive, and stress-relief effects. Its uplifting effects make high-limonene strains excellent choices for daytime productivity. Along with its antifungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic properties, Limonene also aids weight loss and bronchitis. In addition, it treats gastrointestinal disorders like acid reflux or heartburn and helps with gallstone eradication.

Pinene I think sativa too, I think Humelene/Caryphyllene is the taste of GG4 or so? hybrid or indica? dunno really about these..
You're correct, I've been smoking 50 years but not yet up to speed.

A Google search confirmed that pinene and limonene are the two most prominent terpenes in traditional sativa's.

I'm surprised by this because I've had durban poison, super silver haze, and old fashioned cheese that I really liked. Apparently there are hybrid strains with other terpenes that are just as powerful.

I'm wondering if I've tasted an original sativa profile in years.

Will be considering seeds in the near future, have no idea what to choose.

Edit: I'm surprised to learn terpinolene is dominant in strawberry cough and durban poison.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Just went down to Mexico City to meet the love of my life, no big deal.

Was lucky to pass one of their legal weed zone thingys. It's legal to carry 6 grams but they don;t have regulation yet.

They had flower, cookies, tincture.... Bought some tincture, the flower looked like the "good" Mexican we used to get here 20 years ago. Lot's of all kinds of people milling around the spot smoking openly. Gave the tincture to a new friend there as a gift.

I brought a couple cookies sealed in food saver, no problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got another budget strain.

Sunset Octane. 70/30 sativa.

Not a lot of nose but a fair amount of trichomes. I'm going to taste test it right away....

I have been mostly vaping flower in the Solo. Needed to back off the dabs. Filtering through my double octoperc with J-Hook is very very enjoyable.

Cheers!

gangababa

April arrived early, on the second.
That is to say, the cannabis club April delivery on the second was the earliest ever.
I was told I was receiving "Emily", or so I thought I heard.
However, the internets know nothing of an Emily strain. Either Uruguay is on the cutting edge of the Mobius strip that is our Universe, or I am hard of hearing.
I am having a hard time keeping up with six months of leftovers and barely started bags of buds.

Oh, as to the topic of the thread, the vape has a medley of mixed months; a blend of vapor qualities, taste, time, and effect in search of a Baudelairian feeling wherein,

“You are sitting and smoking; you believe that you are sitting in your pipe, and that your pipe is smoking you; you re exhaling yourself in bluish clouds. You feel just fine in this position"

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
One of the main guys I get my flower from,a local private grower, threw in some “mystery weed” with my last order.

It said “Old but free” on the bag… lol
It was probably close to a QP (quarter pound!) of some pretty phat buds.. I think it’s some type of OG kush.
best deal I’ve ever gotten buying a $100 Oz and getting a QP for free, lol.
love the oldschool growers, they don’t mess around.

JBone65

Added my last package of super silver haze to my Frankenstein blend. Can't post a picture, pasted a typical terp breakdown I got off a website instead. Added more strawberry cough a few weeks ago, terpinolene dominants that profile and it has a much lower concentration of myrcene. Super silver haze is classified as a sativa although the myrcene level is relatively high close to the indica boundary. Anyway, the mixture is strong.

Also, oddly, I'm finding that it takes a day or two to appreciate each new blend. Apparently my brain doesn't immediately appreciate the new terpene profile, so I know that my first impression isn't representative. Each of the flavors in the blend are subtle, but they're all there and it seems like they all work their magic. I'm reaching the conclusion that the "breadth" of the terp spectrum is more important than the amount of any one terp. You can always get more with another hit, so might as well have a wider spectrum.

Terpene Lab Data - Super Silver Haze
TerpeneAmount
Beta Myrcene:0.36%
Limonene:0.15%
Linalool:0.14%
Alpha Pinene:0.06%
Beta Caryophyllene:0.05%
Alpha Humulene:0.05%
Terpinolene:0.02%

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

Went into one of Astoria Queens' first dispensaries, located on Steinway street. Place has only been open for a week so the selection was a bit sparse. I wasn't expecting to buy anything but decided that a $30 football card (shatter) should be tried.

Their top shelf was significantly more expensive than what I get from my dealer and they had no budget strains yet. And this is before they have to contend with real cannabis taxes (not just sales tax) and regulatory fees.

Unlike the bodegas, smoke shops, and CBD shops, this place seemed to have pretty legit products, and the guy behind the counter was more knowledgeable than most dealers I've encountered in general, but he made a derogatory comment about CBD, which lost some points with me. I asked about live resin carts and he said that the market for such an expensive product wasn't established here yet.

The "free cannabis" with purchase of a non-cannabis item is not being looked upon favorably by the licensing board. Also, this brand of shatter came from Oregon; all NY cannabis products will be required to be grown in state to be considered legal. It will be really interesting to see how many of these gray area and flat out illegal shops will survive regulation. There isn't enough man power in these departments to hand out enough fines for all the shops I see.

Edit:

Oh yeah, the shatter was potent, clean, and tasty. But my homemade BHO seems to be more full spectrum somehow.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Oh yeah, the shatter was potent, clean, and tasty. But my homemade BHO seems to be more full spectrum somehow.
I got a pretty bad headache after dabbing this shatter.

I think it's the complete lack of CBD and entourage compounds coupled with the high THC percentage. I can dab far more of my homemade BHO with no ill effects and a long lasting high.

I did add CBG to the dabs which should have helped to balance out the raw THC, and I know other factors may have given me the headache but it sure felt like it was the shatter that did it.

VapeEscapist,

gangababa

I was told I was receiving "Emily", or so I thought I heard.

It’s not “Emily”! What I have in my vape is not Emily nor Emilie nor Emilia, …

It turns out that I misheard “Eli”.
I was provided this information (in Spanish).
Like all strains I get in Uruguay, Eli was grown from seeds, in this case from a Spanish company, Alchimia.

“Eli” is a Sativa dominant strain in a lineage that begins with names like Jack Herrera and Rosetta Stone, married with a mother from a pure African Sativa, coming from Sawla district of NE Ghana.

gangababa,
Reactions: Ramahs

JBone65

Banana OG .. smells trophy.. OG as it should be! great effects...
bananaa.jpg

og.jpg
According to hytiva.com, this (gold colored) stuff has a terpene profile kinda similar to Acapulco gold. I can send my mailing address.....

Terpene Lab Data
TerpeneAmount
Alpha Pinene:0.23%
Beta Caryophyllene:0.22%
Beta Myrcene:0.22%
Limonene:0.21%
Linalool:0.08%

GoldenBud

According to hytiva.com, this (gold colored) stuff has a terpene profile kinda similar to Acapulco gold. I can send my mailing address.....

Terpene Lab Data
TerpeneAmount
Alpha Pinene:0.23%
Beta Caryophyllene:0.22%
Beta Myrcene:0.22%
Limonene:0.21%
Linalool:0.08%
firstable, what you posted is so interesting! because it really can be that combination of Caryophyllene + Limonene that gives the taste of the Banana. the Banana taste while vaping in low-mid temp comes from 2 terpenes or more, I'm pretty sure about that.

but... I highly doubt that these buds from the specific pheno has less than 1% of terpenes, I think it's around 1.5% - 2.5%
the buds which i'm having now are somehow between what you posted, and the photos of another pheno - down below, the 360 link - which you can see, has more trichomes, less orange leafs which are not rich in THCA at all....

*I don't know the exact taste of Myrcene actually. but the banana og i'm having is not an indica, so I suppose, only suppose, that they don't contain Myrcene.

• 0.161% Alpha Pinene
  • 0.177% Beta Pinene
  • 0.071% Myrcene
  • 0.566% Limonene
  • 0.011% Ocimene
  • < 0.002% Terpinolene
  • 0.028% Linalool
  • 0.539% Caryophyllene
  • 0.147% Humulene
  • 1.700% TERPENE-TOTAL

I tried to take a photo under 60x....
TRR.jpg