What's in your vape right now?

GoldenBud

Here's the crux of the matter. I assumed that the drastically higher heat meant more terpenes lost to the atmosphere, smaller trichomes, weed that can't taste or be as good, etc. Now I'm wondering if the intense sunlight didn't add more to the overall taste and buzz than was lost to the heat. 🤔

Am I becoming a "sunlight grown" person?

Also worth noting, I noticed a strong orange aroma from the Lilac Diesel, which also makes for a sweet vape experience. I found out later it has an unusual terpene called velencene, which is supposedly what Valencia oranges are known for. It has a low boiling point of 123°c, so it's interesting to me that the orange flavor is that intense even though grown in the heat.
i think the terpenes of cannabis came from the fruits near them so it's all natural some of the terpenes will be sent back ;)
the crossing between Thai x South Africa (Durban) x Pakistan x Nepal/India (chemdawg) x Burma all over again and over, like 7 generations or more, bring some crazy refreshing tastes to the flowers...

If the boiling temp is that low, which is surprising honestly, you'll need to vape full nugs for catching the taste of it. the price you paid anyway is not too high....vaping full nugs can make you consume more hehe

GoldenBud,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Happy 420! My favorite dispensary had free BBQ, live music and terrific sales.

I picked up some Sumo Grande and wow! The fragrance and taste both remind me of White Widow and the buzz is quite similar as well. Highly recommended if you like the Sativa experience.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It's 4/20 and I didn't have much cash to spend this year. So I picked up a couple strains of discount flower locally.

Tonight it's Mt. Hood Magic (Northern Lights #5 x Durban Poison) in my Toad.
Sativa dominant. 24.8% THC
IMG-2645.jpg

(My apologies. I think I got a hair in the pic :razz:)

CANtalk

Excellent pics posted by many here, thx for sharing :tup:! I love the home grows ✨ and have seen a number enjoying Strawberry Cough and other Strawberry strains, really cool. Strawberry Cough is my current #1 favorite and has been first in the line-up for a few months now. This batch is super frosty, I have to brush out the grinder to get all the kief that falls off. It weighs out to such a small amount (Boveda moisture pack mason jar stored). Very potent vaped :science:, love it! Here's a picture again, and I went with a cola!
fw6ein1z5uq61.jpg

It was really interesting to read all the older sativa strain use and discussion over the last 4-5 months. Love the craft cannabis batches with personal pictures too. A big range of stuff up here. I'm a huge sativa fan, have sought out landraces as well as pure sativas and they're great. New strong sativa hybrids as well. I wouldn't rate any of those the best, but they are very very good. My favorites back off a bit from pure or landrace sativas, and they're older strains like Strawberry Cough, Super Lemon Haze, Trainwreck and Acapulco Gold. Very racy with incredible entourage effects. For a newer strong sativa to potentially rule them all, try Viper (if you can, estimated 90/10 sativa/indica cross)... grow that! It's all about quality batches as well. The last few months I've sampled mostly all sativas, SC, Trainwreck, Vortex, Acapulco Gold and Blue Dream. Plus some high terpene strong sativa concentrates dabbing for added fun :nod: :evil: .

@JBone65, how was your batch of SC? Great pics posting!

@VapeEscapist, fwiw I don't trust Allbuds.com's Lamb's Bread sativa/indica ratio of 70/30, most other site rate it near to or at a pure sativa.

I used to collect and enjoy kief in the vape, now I put everything from every grind into the bowl/chamber. I find it makes every fresh bowl that much better 🤩. I can't recommend SC enough, both OG and European versions. All this makes me want to check out the SC strain history again which was put up a few months back.

Good times. All that in mind, whatever everyone is vaping and can get a picture of, excellent & cheers. Especially home grows.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar awkwardness, I feel good man!

Have a great night :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

JBone65

@JBone65, how was your batch of SC? Great pics posting!
The Strawberry Cough, Lilac Diesel and Gelato 33 have all been excellent.

You might have seen my post about The intense citrus flavor of some local greenhouse weed called Lilac Diesel (sativa, 24.3% THC, 3% terpenes, $41/oz during 420 sale). Thought I needed indoor weed but this (less expensive) greenhouse weed works great in my io.

Lilac-Diesel-4-14-22.jpg

In fact, I'm overwhelmed with so many different flavors and effects of weed (available everywhere at low prices) these days. All of the crazy flavors makes me wanna learn everything I can about terpenes so I can nail down my all time favorite flavors.

I think the flavors I'm missing are Oaxacan Gold and Acapulco Gold. Had both of these when young and they are they two flavors that imprinted on my brain. I can still taste both of them. Much better than Columbian gold bud IMO. Seeds are available, although they're not so good for business in terms of yield or flowering time. Check the extremely unusual terpene profiles below. I've never heard of Phellandrene.

I can buy it cheaper than I can grow it, but can't find the flavors I really want. I'm trying to think of the best way to put up a greenhouse in which sativas can achieve their full potential.

Screenshot-20220422-192210.png

Screenshot-20220420-072330.png

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
took a couple weeks away from this strain and dam it's nice coming back to it! Up in the sky by Broken Coast
tried this method to restore bud and it's like a miracle so seems appropriate to post this here

JBone65

Durban-Poison.jpg

Opened my last frozen package of Durban Poison. It's very good, a "pure" sativa originally from South Africa.

I remember the test certificate was a copy with no picture, but I bought it anyway. Paid $140/oz, prices were higher then.

A heavy dose of terpinolene, accompanied by valencene, myrcene, camphene, ocimene, pinene and caryophyllene.

Screenshot-20220427-173942.png

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
11% terp flower seems ridiculous, not sure I could even believe it! I doubt most top shelf even hits 2-3%

Valencene is what’s in Valencia oranges, not as common as limonene which I believe is in all cannabis strains (or maybe that’s myrcene)

JBone65

1.01% maybe for the average pheno or worse, your buds have an amount of terpenes, let's say, between the 1.01% to 11.11% terpenes in the link below 😍 5.00% Limonene and 3.53%... daaamn!
That's a relative number. Terpene profiles always add up to 1% on askgrower.com, and they usually tell you the total terpene content in another table. Terpinolene makes up 36% of the total terpene content.

It's plenty strong.

I wasn't photographing test certificates back then, like I do now, so I have no idea about the terpene content by weight. Might be 3% or more. I wouldn't trust that certificate anyway.

I used to look at analytical 360 profiles but started seeing odd numbers, numbers that were exactly the same on different strains, really high numbers, etc. I usually look at askgrower.com first, there is a search feature. I realize that generic test sheets don't mean a whole lot, but it's something to look at.

Edit: I think one reason I like the Durban poison is the classic spicey no-nonsense "sativa" flavor. I guess the valencene is covered up by the high fraction of terpinolene.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

11% terp flower seems ridiculous, not sure I could even believe it! I doubt most top shelf even hits 2-3%

Valencene is what’s in Valencia oranges, not as common as limonene which I believe is in all cannabis strains (or maybe that’s myrcene)
if the "selector" picked 1 seed out of 100 seeds or more..and kept the pheno... it can happen.. check this 14.31% Sour Diesel (but it has very low amount of h2o tho...) this bud look so frosty that i can't even see the chlorophyll....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
if the "selector" picked 1 seed out of 100 seeds or more..and kept the pheno... it can happen.. check this 14.31% Sour Diesel (but it has very low amount of h2o tho...) this bud look so frosty that i can't even see the chlorophyll....

It’s funny cause the THC is half what many cultivars are today, so nobody would buy it, but those terp percentages are off the charts! I used to tell people to not buy the stuff with the biggest THC number because there’s no room left for the terps and other goodies.

Usually when the terpenes start getting that high the harshness can go way up, those are basically live resin levels. That’s the kind of weed the old timers talk about with flavor down to the end of the joint.

GoldenBud

Terpene profiles always add up to 1% on askgrower.com
always, if you pop just one seed! so you'll have mediocre weed or if you're lucky ok weed in rare cases good weed for real
not selecting out of 100+ seeds and keeping the most stink pheno
@invertedisdead definately THC without enough terpenes is not the real deal! with you in the same opinion

Top Bottom