What should my next glass purchase be?

~vapeslut.xo~

Yeah 100% agree. I guess I should have read the full disclaimer. I just saw that not every piece had the Murica flag and figured, "damn, they must actually produce some?" The pieces without it I was pretty confident were just China glass given the similarities to DHGate pieces--not that I should say that is necessarily bad, I loved my sidecar. I just don't appreciate the dishonesty.
well just personally i dont mind getting glass from china!
so far its been good. so i dont mind :)
if i have a bad experience i will start searching USA-glass⛳⛳

~vapeslut.xo~,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah 100% agree. I guess I should have read the full disclaimer. I just saw that not every piece had the Murica flag and figured, "damn, they must actually produce some?" The pieces without it I was pretty confident were just China glass given the similarities to DHGate pieces--not that I should say that is necessarily bad, I loved my sidecar. I just don't appreciate the dishonesty.
They actually do have some American glass made... the price should be an instant tip-off.

The only real "value" here over DHGate, is relatively fast shipping and at least some kind of warranty/return policy and they did finally just get a dedicated cs person that's actually pretty cool and helpful, the owner's maybe not so much..

edit: also, remember too, it's called Dabbing Warehouse for a reason... it's hardly a boutique shop

strech

I like that UFO. For glass I'm always looking at local shops. Depending on your locals you can find some nice hand blown stuff for decent prices and plenty of china stuff.

Shadooz

what is "a inline perc," ?
I started vaping with water 7 years ago with a black leaf inline perc when i switch from mflb to crafty

It only last couple months, tall tube are just so easy to fall aside. And the volume was way too big for vapor, u can't go slow and so u end up building less vapor...

Move to mobius matrix 6 years ago, daily driver, nothing to complain except the inside stem that buildup reclaim on it's outside wall. It have now a yellowish mark...

Then i move to a so small snake bubbler, 20€... it's feel more like a j-hook with water. U can't accumulate milk in it, so not for showing. The milk directly forms in your mouth. It's the tastiest of all. And it cool down enough, even with an herborizer...

Thought it would give me gas, was looking after the drift by elevates associates, but that snake is for now so good that i may buy a pack of 10. (17€ if +8, 15€ if +15 like a set of drinking glass )

I can't move back to water piece i can't lift, like a drinking glass in your hand, it just feels better. The glass come to me, not the opposite... i bend to no one anymore !

got my new glass, (hope it's not GAS,) the 26th.. thanks santa and his little chinese elves 🎅

20210101-164445.jpg

14mm, maybe half chamber volume of my 5 years old generic 18mm matrixx.
both cost me 20 bucks.

right after the honey moon, it's just tastier.
but why ? less volume, less airflow, new..?

the only cons could be :
-the low airflow, for some,
-thinner, lack of a strong basis like the sturdy matrix.
-u can't let the heater in if u don't hold it. but i never do that anyway.

it still can be held with finger on the bowl to avoid the glass friction. i will only put keck clip for friends..

20210101-163248.jpg

one thing with this one, it's the small hole to inhale, it does a straight line.
i always use my connoiseur tip, to put my tongue up and let the vap pass below.
here i can play with the focus pressure... maybe one factor that give more taste.

so for now it seems to become my main.
14mm snakes for stretch siping,
18mm matrix for one-hit, which i rarely do.

i always end a bowl with a 5/5 (TI preheat/setting after) and some morning i start with 4/4. and that gave me 2 strong tablespoon of abv, tasty with toasted cheese :love: "fromage a raclette" :love:, +5h stoned...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
what is "a inline perc," ?
and i have a jhook!
it's nice but i need more cooling, than that...

Yeah easy to Google, the bubbler I use that I showed you before, is a inline perc to honeycomb, that helps the full honeycomb be more functional, the inline helps diffuse it more fully equally, but getting just the inline would be a good mix of diffusion with lots of flavor and air flow!

Also with jayhooks, a right-angled bend really does a lot for cooling, and then there is this:

~vapeslut.xo~

Yeah easy to Google, the bubbler I use that I showed you before, is a inline perc to honeycomb, that helps the full honeycomb be more functional, the inline helps diffuse it more fully equally, but getting just the inline would be a good mix of diffusion with lots of flavor and air flow!

Also with jayhooks, a right-angled bend really does a lot for cooling, and then there is this:
oh wow...that j-hook looks amazing!
i'm guessing the extra nubs give it extra cooling...plus it's super long...plus the right angle like you said!
that must be super flavorful.

so far i haven't found anything dry that's still mellow for my throat like water is.
perhaps that's just the nature of dry vaping :)

or maybe i will discover the "magic" piece...LMAO ;)

--

well, i switch back to my Mobius tonight!
it's fun configuring all these combinations of glass and vape :)
now i'm not an Expert in the flavor department; but i'm almost certain the Mobius
is robbing the flavor. Even though it's giving me great hits, (as long as the adapter stays airtight,
which is not all the time, until my new adapter arrives).

So i am looking again at the FC-710, it seems cute for sitting at my smoking desk :)
the UFO is so tiny and cute too...i'm just not sure if it will cool enough. or give big enough hits.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Shit Snacks

oh wow...that j-hook looks amazing!
i'm guessing the extra nubs give it extra cooling...plus it's super long...plus the right angle like you said!
that must be super flavorful.

so far i haven't found anything dry that's still mellow for my throat like water is.
perhaps that's just the nature of dry vaping :)

or maybe i will discover the "magic" piece...LMAO ;)

--

well, i switch back to my Mobius tonight!
it's fun configuring all these combinations of glass and vape :)
now i'm not an Expert in the flavor department; but i'm almost certain the Mobius
is robbing the flavor. Even though it's giving me great hits, (as long as the adapter stays airtight,
which is not all the time, until my new adapter arrives).

So i am looking again at the FC-710, it seems cute for sitting at my smoking desk :)
the UFO is so tiny and cute too...i'm just not sure if it will cool enough. or give big enough hits.

Yeah honestly I think the right angle is even more effective, but that many spikes is noticeable, very long, but he makes other cheaper ones that are different sizes and can customize anything for you... Yeah the matrix was too much diffusion for me, I have not tried the 710, but the I have fc mod with circ perc like smaller version of the UFO circ perc... I know @cybrguy relies on his UFO... Would be good to get a cooling mouthpiece like this for it:
But perhaps with an angled upwards mouthpiece (I have one like that but it is shorter with smaller diameter tube and fewer spikes)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Cannabiker

Just to let you know, if you don't already, that it's not necessary to go the extra step with hosting your images on Imgur to post here. They can be "hot-linked" or taken as a "snapshot" on your phone or desktop and directly uploaded in your post... just videos need to be hosted elsewhere.
Really? Can you offer some tips? Googling hot-link just describes how to link from one website to another. I'd love to know a way to export images from my computer straight to FC without using Flickr. Thanks!

Cannabiker,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Really? Can you offer some tips? Googling hot-link just describes how to link from one website to another. I'd love to know a way to export images from my computer straight to FC without using Flickr. Thanks!

Sure thing, man!:

I didn't read this but it's probably better than the mess I wrote below:

Post in thread 'How to post pictures'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/post-31469

click that pop-up menu image above here we we enter text for replies that looks like a picture (just to the left of the smiley face) and click "drop image here" and then navigate on your 'puter and select the image and upload... or you can upload multiple images at once by clicking "Attach files" just below here and place them individually as thumbnails or full-size wherever you want with the cursor. :peace:

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

Man, that looks like the Rolls of non-water-cooled glass! I'm always scared of spending big bucks due to the fragility of glass, but its something I'll have to think about (I have a move coming up so not until after I'm afraid). When I use my WS with a BB9 I feel pretty limited on temp if I don't want to die coughing, but I could probably push something like this to any temp that I want to see how much flavor water actually costs me.

Reading through this with my own GAS in mind, I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a few pieces. I'll probably replace my mobius knock off, and I'd like to try either (maybe both lol) a honeycomb perc piece or some fritted disc glass, with at least one in a bong format. From reading online, it seems like on the bong an inline perc to some secondary diffusion (or just on its own, e.g. just the inline perc and a bong) could be cool. Thinking I'll do another little rig option--something like https://www.dhgate.com/product/newh...age.astab.1.dCcvCPzpeH9MTZnR9z1H&resource_id= just to see what I think of these. Any bong recommendations? I was eyeing https://www.dhgate.com/product/18mm...&resource_id=389681913#hp1806_minicart-1-null, but I think I'd prefer to start with the inline perc and maybe be a little less fancy for reasons of cleaning.

For the bong in particular to keep maintenance simple I'd love to do a modular piece similar to what @Bologna and I were discussing. I know Vitae Glass and Prism do that--are there other options? I'm not opposed to either of those two, but at least Prism is upfront that they are "designed in house and manufactured overseas" so the price premium is a lot if there are options on DHGate.

N.B. aside from the fritted disc option I'm not opposed to american made, I just didn't want to shell out for a Rooster Apparatus piece if I may not enjoy it at all.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah honestly I think the right angle is even more effective, but that many spikes is noticeable, very long, but he makes other cheaper ones that are different sizes and can customize anything for you... Yeah the matrix was too much diffusion for me, I have not tried the 710, but the I have fc mod with circ perc like smaller version of the UFO circ perc... I know @cybrguy relies on his UFO... Would be good to get a cooling mouthpiece like this for it:
But perhaps with an angled upwards mouthpiece (I have one like that but it is shorter with smaller diameter tube and fewer spikes)
So, first, you all are talking about 2 different UFOs. The FC-UFO is the big one we provided input into the design, and that is the one I have. There is another UFO that Sneaky Pete sells, and I have never seen in person. I love the FC-UFO, particularly as a base for frakenvapes because it is heavy and kinda a large can. I like to use it sitting on my vape station rather than handheld like the Rattlecan or the smaller guys like the D020 and it's variants. I also love that it has a mouthpiece joint so I can switch the mouthpiece style for variety, including a whip if that is desired.
FC-UFO.jpg

Zion-On-Ufo.jpg

The FC-187 is the Mobius clone that there are a few variants of including putting the sidecar on the right or left side or the joint being 18mm or 14mm. I also like this piece a lot, and here is a pic of it next to the D020 (which I also like) for size...
D020-vs-FC-187.jpg

For me the Stereo Matrix has too much percolation for vaping, but that is just personal preference. Too much perc reduces flavor in my experience.

And, btw, the Dhgate pieces that have FC in the name were designed or at least altered with some assistance from users in this newsgroup. For a while there we were influencing at least a couple different vendors.

That spiked MP that @Shit Snacks posted above looks like it would be great for cooling but a bit too fragile for me and a little hard to clean. I LOVE OGB tho, and have had them make me a few custom stems. I generally can't really afford American glass, so nearly all the glass in my sig is china glass.

The one other thing I wanted to add here is a lot of pieces can be combined to make great vape glass. I have a tendency to often use an ash catcher and a J-Hook when looking for something simple.
Honey-AC-and-hook-Small.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Man, that looks like the Rolls of non-water-cooled glass! I'm always scared of spending big bucks due to the fragility of glass, but its something I'll have to think about (I have a move coming up so not until after I'm afraid). When I use my WS with a BB9 I feel pretty limited on temp if I don't want to die coughing, but I could probably push something like this to any temp that I want to see how much flavor water actually costs me.

Reading through this with my own GAS in mind, I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a few pieces. I'll probably replace my mobius knock off, and I'd like to try either (maybe both lol) a honeycomb perc piece or some fritted disc glass, with at least one in a bong format. From reading online, it seems like on the bong an inline perc to some secondary diffusion (or just on its own, e.g. just the inline perc and a bong) could be cool. Thinking I'll do another little rig option--something like https://www.dhgate.com/product/newh...age.astab.1.dCcvCPzpeH9MTZnR9z1H&resource_id= just to see what I think of these. Any bong recommendations? I was eyeing https://www.dhgate.com/product/18mm...&resource_id=389681913#hp1806_minicart-1-null, but I think I'd prefer to start with the inline perc and maybe be a little less fancy for reasons of cleaning.

For the bong in particular to keep maintenance simple I'd love to do a modular piece similar to what @Bologna and I were discussing. I know Vitae Glass and Prism do that--are there other options? I'm not opposed to either of those two, but at least Prism is upfront that they are "designed in house and manufactured overseas" so the price premium is a lot if there are options on DHGate.

N.B. aside from the fritted disc option I'm not opposed to american made, I just didn't want to shell out for a Rooster Apparatus piece if I may not enjoy it at all.

So, first, you all are talking about 2 different UFOs. The FC-UFO is the big one we provided input into the design, and that is the one I have. There is another UFO that Sneaky Pete sells, and I have never seen in person. I love the FC-UFO, particularly as a base for frakenvapes because it is heavy and kinda a large can. I like to use it sitting on my vape station rather than handheld like the Rattlecan or the smaller guys like the D020 and it's variants. I also love that it has a mouthpiece joint so I can switch the mouthpiece style for variety, including a whip if that is desired.
FC-UFO.jpg

Zion-On-Ufo.jpg

The FC-187 is the Mobius clone that there are a few variants of including putting the sidecar on the right or left side or the joint being 18mm or 14mm. I also like this piece a lot, and here is a pic of it next to the D020 (which I also like) for size...
D020-vs-FC-187.jpg

For me the Stereo Matrix has too much percolation for vaping, but that is just personal preference. Too much perc reduces flavor in my experience.

And, btw, the Dhgate pieces that have FC in the name were designed or at least altered with some assistance from users in this newsgroup. For a while there we were influencing at least a couple different vendors.

That spiked MP that @Shit Snacks posted above looks like it would be great for cooling but a bit too fragile for me and a little hard to clean. I LOVE OGB tho, and have had them make me a few custom stems. I generally can't really afford American glass, so nearly all the glass in my sig is china glass.

The one other thing I wanted to add here is a lot of pieces can be combined to make great vape glass. I have a tendency to often use an ash catcher and a J-Hook when looking for something simple.
Honey-AC-and-hook-Small.jpg

Haha yeah and there is even another UFO bubbler from MFLB? Thanks for all the detail!!

By the way to both of you, the glass from Oregon glass blower is insanely thick, so it is far from fragile and I am not really concerned for any of my pieces from him, that being said I don't think that $128 hook with the crazy amount of spikes is necessary, I like the small sidecar hook that I designed that has the three right angle bends that do more for cooling than spikes in my experience...

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Same as @Bologna I've been kinda reading your journey. I personally think you should go with this.
hDdYgQA.jpg

GooRoo glass HD 3 piece bubbler. Its large enough for flower but not too big for concentrate. I plan on getting one since it is a close resemblence to my Sheldon Black Dub Bub but waaaaay cheaper in price. It's not an exact replica, but I like how it looks and it's simplicity.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Like half. I like this style a lot with the tall cans and the jointed mouthpieces. This one is 19mm on both joints where the SB is 14m for the MP joint I believe. It is out of my price range but is tempting. It would be nice to have some more American glass. I am mostly a buyer of Chinese glass.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Like half. I like this style a lot with the tall cans and the jointed mouthpieces. This one is 19mm on both joints where the SB is 14m for the MP joint I believe. It is out of my price range but is tempting. It would be nice to have some more American glass. I am mostly a buyer of Chinese glass.
Yeah, both are 19mm but cuz one is a downstem, the intake is 14mm... I wondered about this, cuz I decided to go 14mm with everything for easy swapping of parts and pieces years ago.... I actually really like that the mouthpiece is bigger and it makes a lot of sense. It's that much easier to clear the can... it's also that much easier to clean... reducing to 14mm to fit other things like a whip is easier than enlarging, too.

Wait for the next 30% off sale... I paid $86 delivered, that's less than double for something only similar looking on the Gate these days, no? (the gap is closing)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have a few bubblers, j hooks, and ash catchers that sit around not being used. For me, I need something small and easy to stash away when not in use. I bought one of these a few years ago. It is just enough cooling and so easy to use with a dynavap or anything 14mm. Great with a dab pen too. Looks like the price doubled since I got mine. There are cheaper versions that are pretty similar.
I love this little guy:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, both are 19mm but cuz one is a downstem, the intake is 14mm... I wondered about this, cuz I decided to go 14mm with everything for easy swapping of parts and pieces years ago.... I actually really like that the mouthpiece is bigger and it makes a lot of sense. It's that much easier to clear the can... it's also that much easier to clean... reducing to 14mm to fit other things like a whip is easier than enlarging, too.

Wait for the next 30% off sale... I paid $86 delivered, that's less than double for something only similar looking on the Gate these days, no? (the gap is closing)
I could live with $86. I'll keep my eye out for that sale...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have a few bubblers, j hooks, and ash catchers that sit around not being used. For me, I need something small and easy to stash away when not in use. I bought one of these a few years ago. It is just enough cooling and so easy to use with a dynavap or anything 14mm. Great with a dab pen too. Looks like the price doubled since I got mine. There are cheaper versions that are pretty similar.
I love this little guy:

Yeah. That, or something similar is the most basic rig everyone should have in their collection.

Though, I personally would not be satisfied for very long with only that before my VAS starts kicking in again. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a larger chamber.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sorry, too, to all, I just noticed that @CrazyDiamond was referencing/recommending the larger 'HD 3 piece bubbler' ($150). The one I got is the "3 piece bubbler with removable mouthpiece' ($120)

(great names for pieces, Team Goo Roo....! :rolleyes: :hmm::smug::shrug::doh::ugh::rockon:)

Bologna,
Top Bottom