• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What do you look for in a dry herb vaporizer

onoffon

Hey I’m developing a dry herb portable vaporizer and wanted to get some feedback from you guys as to what features are most important to you. Is it the heat timer, chamber size, temperature adjustment controls, vapor density. Etc etc... I would really appreciate your responses as I want to develop this device with the users concerns in mind.

onoffon,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
What type of vape,portable,plug in,electric,butane,battery powered are you making?

arb,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Removeable, user replaceable battery is one of my top requests for a portable vape.
External charging options for those batteries (so one can have multiple charged batteries) is a second best to the above.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Removeable, user replaceable battery is one of my top requests for a portable vape.
External charging options for those batteries (so one can have multiple charged batteries) is a second best to the above.
Convection and standard sized mouthpieces.
No proprietary batteries,plugs or Bluetooth would also be nice.

I'd disagree with your bluetooth is bad comment.

Bluetooth is not a super important option to me, but I would never complain about it's addition to a project. I wish everything was bluetooth! I hate wires.

Ramahs,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey I’m developing a dry herb portable vaporizer and wanted to get some feedback from you guys as to what features are most important to you. Is it the heat timer, chamber size, temperature adjustment controls, vapor density. Etc etc... I would really appreciate your responses as I want to develop this device with the users concerns in mind.

Welcome to FC!

My priorities are: the materials used to ensure pure air and vapor pathways, along with the technology used to ensure efficiency, as I value vapor quality.

iammyself

When I made my recent decision to get my first good dry herb vape, I considered the following in this order:

1) Price
2) Vapor quality
3) Sleek, refined design
4) Heat-up time
5) other features (bowl size, USB-C, etc.)

Last edited:
iammyself,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Being an outdoorsy type, I only use battery-powered vapes and only those that have dosing capsules for easy loading in the windy wilds and tired eves. Also essential that there be a means of using the vape with water tools.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Vapour path isolated from the electronics, materials like glass and titanium, convection heating with a max temp of at least 430-440 f, single degree temperature control but 2-3 preset in addition would be nice, removable battery non proprietary, clouds, water option, on demand but a additional session mode is acceptable, efficiency, fast extraction, adjustable bowl size between .05-.15, should be so easy to load/unload that no one is even interested in capsules, size no bigger than a crafty, simple with no specific technique for good results, and finally price which should be competitive but I don't really have to much problem paying a premium if the device has the performance and features I want I'm a believer in if you build it right they will come.

kimura

I am a slightly obsessive flavor chaser so like convection devices that allow me to avoid cooking the load in between hits, and I need to be able to easily clean the bowl and vapor path

Ariste

• Easily replaceable battery
  • Cleans easily
  • Convection heat
  • Glass, stainless, or titanium vapor path

Ariste,

wastedpotential

• Heat up time
  • replaceable non-proprietary battery
  • if non-replaceable battery, it better quick charge USB-C
  • consistent experience
  • if possible, design for a generic size pod system.

wastedpotential,

Doktor Dub

As much and as dense vapor as fast as possible - I vape for fx and have a bit of tolerance...
That is by far the most important and if a vape delivers this, ivwozuld be willing to take a lot of tradeoffs...

After that: Proprietary is bad ! So please: standard batteries and connection to a stem / TI .

Save materials should be clear...

Greenleaf88

Ok ill give u a list I apologize.

- battery life or replaceable batteries
- decent bowl size
- nice tasting vapor
- not alot of restriction for bigger hits
- produces clouds effortlessly
- doesn't create hot spots no stirring not a must
- built in stir stick
- easy to clean
- easy to take apart to clean and change screens
- prefer convection or primarily convection
- portable but not nesecerilly discret
- water piece attachments always good

Thats all i can think of hope it helps

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Replaceable batteries, isolated air path, high heat abilities, easy to clean, low drag on inhaling, I'm a sucker for cosmetics with wood with customizable options.

If you could build a portable convection with fan built in like an extreme q my wife would be giving you $ right now. She loves convection but flowing the heat through is a challenge sometimes to get the vapor she wants.

iDRINKBLEACH,

hinglemccringleberry

Here's my dream (battery powered) portable:

-the Linx Eden casing, build quality, and quartz chamber.
-A heater as powerful as the Tinymight, Milaana, Grasshopper, etc.
-A well engineered MP cooling unit with some sort of internal heatsink that prevents the glass MP from getting hot, extends the vapor path internally, doesn't get crumbs in a place that would cause a premature blockage, and is cleanable to a brand new state.
-A modular design with a removable chamber and heater for the purpose of cleaning, eliminating the problem of plant debris getting in places it shouldn't be over the long haul. Or they could just have a designated area under the bowl that's specifically designed to collect plant debris and make it accessible for cleaning/brushing
-Removable batteries and USB-C charging.
-On Demand mode, session mode, and precise temp control

So basically, a Linx Eden with upgrades and without the issues it has. The build quality of that device is outstanding... it's sleek and elegant and I would own one in a heartbeat if it performed like a Mighty, was as efficient for small doses as a Fury 2, and didn't have those other issues.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

shopdognyc

I do not have enough experience to say, and so have been taking a shotgun approach to trying a few things. As a result, I am cycling through based on how I feel, and still looking for other options.

I've overcome the idea of having to clean, and that is just a discipline which I avoided previously. It would make me discontinue use of something as a result.

Its a journey for me, and taking all of the knowledge the generous people are sharing and taking it as it comes.

shopdognyc,

Kins

All user replaceable parts with videos from the company showing you a complete breakdown and rebuild of the unit. Also every part with it's own video of how to replace. Up-gradable with better quality parts for a little more cash.

Top Bottom