• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Yes in case it's not clear, the live resistance display will of course increase as you heat up. TC mode works only because there is a resistance change, it's the only mean available to the mod to extrapolate the coil temperature (compared to having a dedicated temperature sensor like all other vapes on the market)
Well stated Ken.

If using TC, locking your attachments resistance is an important step which should only be done when the attachment is cold.

Once your resistance is locked and you are using TC mode, I do believe there are Box Mods out there which will still allow you to display the actual resistance the Mod is seeing from the attachment, even though you have the cold resistance locked for the Box Mods algorithm to calculate and display interpreted temperature.

YaMon,

VoidOfCourse

Holy shit homies, look at this! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/timber-510.42821/
20190812-071554.jpg
This is the 510 dry herb atty mod we've been waiting for IMHO.
:rockon:

Last edited:

VoidOfCourse

I dont get it.

Why not just buy a lost vape 250c? I expect it would be cheaper and smaller.

What i have been waiting for is a decent SBS mod.
Well my bad, friend. I guess I may have worded that a bit misleading in my excitement for some perhaps.
I'll just speak for myself on this one.
This is the 510 dry herb atty mod @VoidOfCourse and possibly some other people have been waiting for IMHO.
This is just - in MY honest OPINION. :) :tup:

Why not just buy a lost vape 250c? I expect it would be cheaper and smaller.
This is a hand crafted wooden mod with a DNA75C chip. Aesthetics and functionality at it's best IMHO.
This is what a 510 dry herb atty mod should be and look like. :tup:
No more searching for fake wood looking mod skins. No more hunting down discontinued DNA C chipped mods etc.
:rockon:
Have a great night or morning or evening or afternoon.
:peace:

Edit: *also quoted from previously linked Timber 5 1 0 thread
None of the dry herb attys I know of go anywhere near 75w, so why pay extra for a board with more power that you will never ever use?
I'll also add that my Lost Vape 250c mod is quite heavy where as the wooden structure of the Timber 5 1 0 will undoubtedly be much lighter.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I’d kiie to know what “programmed for dry herb attys” actually means versus an off the shelf DNA mod. Also for the price I’d much prefer 21700 battery compatibility as I currently have a single 18650 DNA 75c mod that I use with my Splinter Z and the battery management is a pain.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
A SBS mod able to host the Splinter and iHeat was what we were all waiting for. Sadly the form factor of this one doesn't bring anything new to the table, and I imagine the price won't be that different from what you can get from custom mod makers in the scene, the only difference being they have much more experience on the hardware front, whereas he is obviously still learning on the way...

VoidOfCourse

I’d kiie to know what “programmed for dry herb attys” actually means versus an off the shelf DNA mod. Also for the price I’d much prefer 21700 battery compatibility as I currently have a single 18650 DNA 75c mod that I use with my Splinter Z and the battery management is a pain.
I do personally find one 18560 battery to provide acceptable battery life with a DNA75C chip but I think the 21700 battery compatibility is a great suggestion!
A SBS mod able to host the Splinter and iHeat was what we were all waiting for.
:shrug:

Last edited:
VoidOfCourse,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

I think they are refering to @HerbieVonVapster DNA profiles and material files.

These are freely available to all. I know very little about escribe and i downloaded and installed them with relative ease.

VoidOfCourse

Sadly the form factor of this one doesn't bring anything new to the table, and I imagine the price won't be that different from what you can get from custom mod makers in the scene, the only difference being they have much more experience on the hardware front, whereas he is obviously still learning on the way...
I personally much rather support someone who contributes so much to this community.

He is always having very generous sales via discount codes etc. so I doubt you'll find something like this for any considerable amount less from a better and or a more helpful person IMO.

VoidOfCourse,
Reactions: Megaton

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I personally much rather support someone who contributes so much to this community.

He is always having very generous sales via discount codes etc. so I doubt you'll find something like this for any considerable amount less from a better and or a more helpful person IMO.

I would say the best way a vendor can support the comunity is to have novel ideas, that push the boundaries of vaping. Not sales.

At the moment we have the performance about as good as it can get, however size is still an issue. Thats why i am so excited about the FW6.

I would like a SBS (side by side) mod that is truley pocket sized and can take large 510 vapes, with a removable battery. Dont want much do i!

VoidOfCourse

I would say the best way a vendor can support the comunity is to have novel ideas, that push the boundaries of vaping. Not sales.

At the moment we have the performance about as good as it can get, however size is still an issue. Thats why i am so excited about the FW6.

I would like a SBS (side by side) mod that is truley pocket sized and can take large 510 vapes, with a removable battery. Dont want much do i!
I was addressing the comment on price hence the mention of sales FYI.
, and I imagine the price won't be that different from what you can get from custom mod makers in the scene,
-----------------------------------
He contributes to this community by being active and helpful in it is what I was saying prior to that.
----------------------------------
Maybe someone should start a dedicated thread to side by side mods if the demand for one with such a specific form factor is in such high demand? I honestly thought info on a new box mod would've been better well received in a thread titled-What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?- :hmm:
---------------------------------
I apologize if my use of figure of speech and enthusiasm in commenting on this new box mod somehow inadvertently inconvenienced you or anyone else...:huh:
Good luck on your quest for the perfect SBS though, friend.

Edit: Just want to clarify and add that I actually own two Aster RTs that I like very much and am not ignorant to and or am not a SBS hater.
:peace:

Edit #2:
Well for anybody still interested in box mods here's a couple recent pics of a prototype of the Timber 510. box mod copied from it's thread here that do it justice.

I personally really like it, maybe I'm not the only one? :)

Last edited:

Megaton

Do you have a picture of your custom mod?

Its (probably obviously) the one on the left, it's nothing special like these timbers, except, that it has a 5200mah lipo inside it, so one charge literally lasts me months. A session in TC with a splinter z uses maybe 1 or 2% of the battery? It takes a loooong time to charge though! The thing is huge!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Its (probably obviously) the one on the left, it's nothing special like these timbers, except, that it has a 5200mah lipo inside it, so one charge literally lasts me months. A session in TC with a splinter z uses maybe 1 or 2% of the battery? It takes a loooong time to charge though! The thing is huge!

Where did you order that?

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Megaton

Megaton

Where did you order that?

A friend (a long term ecig vaper and DIY'er) made it for me. Apparentely it's the kind of thing you can do if you are a bit handy- the box is pre made, the chip goes into a sled designed for it, then you just need buttons, 510 connector, lipo (I think). Would do it myself, but I'm not that way skilled, fuck blowing up a lipo by accident!

BestBuds

The Dude
Why are DNA mods more rare than a friggin pink dinosaur?

Any one know of a good place to grab a DNA mod for Splinter Z and iHeat 510? I have a gen3dual but I want a DNA mod for temp control.

BestBuds,

flammy

Why are DNA mods more rare than a friggin pink dinosaur?

Any one know of a good place to grab a DNA mod for Splinter Z and iHeat 510? I have a gen3dual but I want a DNA mod for temp control.

Here is a domestic option from our man @VGOODIEZ:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/mod-batteries/products/reuleaux-dna-250-by-wismec-bronze

Another domestic option:

https://www.vaperoyalty.com/search.php?search_query=dna&x=0&y=0

China option:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...uthentic-wismec-reuleaux-dna250-tc-vw-apv-box

I've ordered a few times from Fasttech and they are legit. However, if it doesn't show "in stock", be prepared to play the wait game. This one shows as shipping in 7 days...which was the same estimate for my Triade which was ultimately delayed 1.5 months. They offered to swap me out or even cancel but I held on since it was such a killer deal.

FWIW, I have two of these Reuleaux DNA250s and they work great...one was purchased directly from Vgoodiez and the other was purchased off of a kind FC member. I personally prefer the bronze finish but I know some who are put off by it.

I've also purchased from Vape Royalty but not at current prices which seem a bit inflated...DNA mods seems to have gone up in price. That said, they are a trusty US vendor that stocks some of the harder to find DNA mods.

You can also find DNAs on Reddit although your best bet will be the r/ecigclassifieds rather than EE.

Good luck in your search!

sickmanfraud

Here is a domestic option from our man @VGOODIEZ:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/mod-batteries/products/reuleaux-dna-250-by-wismec-bronze

Another domestic option:

https://www.vaperoyalty.com/search.php?search_query=dna&x=0&y=0

China option:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...uthentic-wismec-reuleaux-dna250-tc-vw-apv-box

I've ordered a few times from Fasttech and they are legit. However, if it doesn't show "in stock", be prepared to play the wait game. This one shows as shipping in 7 days...which was the same estimate for my Triade which was ultimately delayed 1.5 months. They offered to swap me out or even cancel but I held on since it was such a killer deal.

FWIW, I have two of these Reuleaux DNA250s and they work great...one was purchased directly from Vgoodiez and the other was purchased off of a kind FC member. I personally prefer the bronze finish but I know some who are put off by it.

I've also purchased from Vape Royalty but not at current prices which seem a bit inflated...DNA mods seems to have gone up in price. That said, they are a trusty US vendor that stocks some of the harder to find DNA mods.

You can also find DNAs on Reddit although your best bet will be the r/ecigclassifieds rather than EE.

Good luck in your search!

@BestBuds I don't know if the prices you and I see are the same or different.

I do know that I would not pay Fasteh $10 more for DNA250 which is older technology (not sure by how much) than the DNA250C from Aliexpress.

We are in different parts of the world, but the last few items I got from Aliexpress came pretty quickly.

I am in the older half of the crowd on FC, but I decided that since I had experience on the TUBO software by @funkyjunky and since I did not want to try to remember the settings from so many operating systems that I made sure to only use DNA Color chips since the interface between the Color chips is the same.

Let me know if I can be more assistance.

flammy

@BestBuds I don't know if the prices you and I see are the same or different.

I do know that I would not pay Fasteh $10 more for DNA250 which is older technology (not sure by how much) than the DNA250C from Aliexpress.

We are in different parts of the world, but the last few items I got from Aliexpress came pretty quickly.

I am in the older half of the crowd on FC, but I decided that since I had experience on the TUBO software by @funkyjunky and since I did not want to try to remember the settings from so many operating systems that I made sure to only use DNA Color chips since the interface between the Color chips is the same.

Let me know if I can be more assistance.

Can't say that I would disagree about paying $10 more for a DNA250C...I just don't have any experience purchasing from Ali.

I'm probably just misunderstanding what you're saying but have you been able to flash Tubo firmware onto a DNA mod?

sickmanfraud

Can't say that I would disagree about paying $10 more for a DNA250C...I just don't have any experience purchasing from Ali.

I'm probably just misunderstanding what you're saying but have you been able to flash Tubo firmware onto a DNA mod?

No. DNA is one thing Tubo something different.

What I was saying is that I learned the Tubo software when I got a Tubo Evic and a bit about box mods when I bought a Tubo X and DNA C when I got a DNA250C. I did not want to learn 10 operating systems (Shoot, I still have DOS commands stuck in my head).

So now I use Tubo software on Tubo Compatible mods. I also use software for the DNA color mods (250C and 75C) On DNA mods.

I was actually not really able to get Arctic Fox on a Sinous P80, but I may just use that in watt mode with "The Beast" from Mistvape.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: flammy

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Thinkvape Finder from AliExpress was just delivered in ten days. I don't think I got a shipping email, just the PayPal order confirmation.
IMG-20190916-175309.jpg

If a three cell mod is of interest to anyone at least they have the least obnoxious colorways available for right around $100 shipped.

I got the silver and black one to pair with a Splinter ZV2 that's still en route. My custom Z on the two cell VT75D wants to be charged too often, partly because I think it works better when it's at 80% or better.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32881271375.html

Top Bottom