• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Bazinga

I would like to try the Splinter Z V2. These mod things are very confusing. Reviewing some of the recent posts in this thread, I have narrowed the choices to either the Wismec DNA 200 or Wismec Gen 3 Dual (not sure if it uses 2 or 3 batteries). In either case will I need to acquire additional programming software? Not looking to do a lot of technical modifications. I would hope that the end result is at least (or better) than what is achieved by our Mighty.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I would like to try the Splinter Z V2. These mod things are very confusing. Reviewing some of the recent posts in this thread, I have narrowed the choices to either the Wismec DNA 200 or Wismec Gen 3 Dual (not sure if it uses 2 or 3 batteries). In either case will I need to acquire additional programming software? Not looking to do a lot of technical modifications. I would hope that the end result is at least (or better) than what is achieved by our Mighty.

If you don't care about temp control, which Splinter was designed for straight wattage power mode, then go for the RX Gen3 Dual (dual takes 2batts, there is a regular Gen3 that takes 3batts). You can just use stock firmware with watts (and fire time can be extended to 15sec via hidden menu)... However if you want to do more, and/or configure some temp control with TCR settings, you'll want to flash either the ArcticFox or SurMyEvic firmware (which also allow you to set up autofire, so you don't have to hold the button down during your hit).

If you want potentially easier and more accurate temp control (potentially better wattage even) go for the DNA mod and load the profiles from herbievonvapster here, so you can have the TC already configured for the Z. I believe that mod takes 3 batteries, the bronze RX DNA250 does too and is quite nice, while the ThinkVape Finder and LostVape Triade are other 3batt DNA mods that work well with SplinterZ too.

I have a custom Z on RXdna250 for leisurely temp control, and another custom Z on the RXgen3dual for wattage with SurMyEvic (where I typically use autofire -set to 25sec but I stop it early- for hits through water at 43-45watts or even higher for concentrate). Meanwhile I have my regular SplinterV2 (not a Z) on a Sinuous P80 running ArcticFox configured for TCR temp control, can also autofire, and it is working quite well for me so far. Each of these set ups are quite nice, definitely a nicer vapor experience than Mighty for me personally...

Bazinga

Oh Snacks, please dumb this down for me. When using the Mighty I start at 360 degrees and as the vapor diminishes I increase the temp by 10 degrees at a time. There is no watt mode (as far as I know). I'm looking for on-demand, cool and thick vapor and the most effective and simple way to achieve this.

Do I want the 2 or 3 battery device?

Shit Snacks

Oh Snacks, please dumb this down for me. When using the Mighty I start at 360 degrees and as the vapor diminishes I increase the temp by 10 degrees at a time. There is no watt mode (as far as I know). I'm looking for on-demand, cool and thick vapor and the most effective and simple way to achieve this.

Do I want the 2 or 3 battery device?

What he said about # of batts^ and they are swappable either way, but 3 makes it all heavier ofcourse... Batteries should be paired sets btw, if you have spares, always keep a pair together and charge together (if charging externally) as if they are like one big battery (same goes for 3batts).

So wattage just means power, no temp control, more manual, but also stronger hits typically. If you use lower wattage, then it can work like temp control, but it is more controlling the rate of heat up. So if you have wattage set high to 45w, you would want to draw fast and hard relatively, and not hold the trigger too long as it could scorch the load. Low wattage is more forgiving, but could require some coaxing, a slower steady draw. The technique sounds more intimidating than it is, most people find it natural and intuitive once they try it for themselves.

So most effective and simple, for Splinter, would be to just use wattage. Nothing to configure that way, no worry of DNA chip or firmwares, just pick a mod you like for its form factor... You can always figure out temp control configuration later on, I know it sounds intimidating, but it really isn't so bad, many of us here have felt this way when jumping into the world of mod-based on-demand convection vaping and we mostly have gotten going with far less trouble than we initially anticipated!

I will say now that I have tried it all, DNA temp control with a splinter Z is quite impressive, so it may be worth getting one of those mods just so you have that option... I have not tried a Z configured for temp control with the other type of mods, just my V2 (so I think it is also a pretty good option, but potentially more involved)

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Bazinga I agree with all of the points @Shit Snacks is making. It's always slim pickins with DNA mods and the landscape has only gotten worse. I bring that up because Shit Snacks mentioned several mods you couldn't buy these days if you wanted to because there just aren't any available online or they cost more than a custom Z.

You might consider this ugly DNA250:
https://www.flawlessvapeshop.com/co...ox-mod?variant=8646969327727&sscid=c1k3_65zrg

When I got a black one for my V2 the code Hardware10 still worked. It works great with the Herbie profiles, it ships from a US store, and it has a built-in battery.
IMG-20191205-212533-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bazinga

So, are we saying that the Wismec Gen3 Dual will not allow for temperature control?

Bazinga,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So, are we saying that the Wismec Gen3 Dual will not allow for temperature control?
The rxg3d does TC really well. I only suggested the ugly FYT mod because the Wismec will take a while to be delivered and DNA mods are hard to come by.

Like Shit Snacks was saying, config for a mod like the rxg3d is no big deal really and folks on the Splinter thread will hold your hand as needed. DNA mods are more precise but I still use my rxg3d all the time and actually got a second one because the tidy size and firmware compatibility are unrivaled for two cell mods.

Shit Snacks

It just may take some trial and error for you to configure, potentially a bit more involved (there's a chance someone else's settings could work perfectly for you, but usually will have to tweak for your specific unit and own usage style)

HOWEVER using watts with the G3D is easy out of the box, and all you really need to get the most out of your Splinter Z. You will just learn a personal reference point for which wattage feels like what temperatures to you, it will be like an electronically-regulated yet manual-technique-driven vape. The power should impress though.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I don't particularly recommend eightvape unfortunately, charged me return shipping for defective mod (screen) and took forever to reply (always a different name too) then stopped altogether. Had to get money back through my credit card... Anyway if you get a working one maybe it's fine, but I just have to mention my poor experience with the store seeing it come up again here now lol Happy Holidays indeed!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I don't particularly recommend eightvape unfortunately, charged me return shipping for defective mod (screen) and took forever to reply (always a different name too) then stopped altogether. Had to get money back through my credit card... Anyway if you get a working one maybe it's fine, but I just have to mention my poor experience with the store seeing it come up again here now lol Happy Holidays indeed!
Mine was shipped same day and arrived two days later last week at the $57 price from that same seller. At $45 maybe @eideal852 can find his way to a proper DNA250C mod at last. Merry Christmas y'all!
Edit: my black Drone came from EightVape and my more recent amber one was from that Strikesusa deal. Both were delivered quickly and work well.

Last edited:

Bazinga

I have now been using the Splinter for a few days. With my other vaporizers I step increase the temperature. I might start at 360 degrees and as the volume of vapor decreases I will increase the temperature by 10 degrees until the herb is spent. With the mod box, will increasing the wattage as the vapor thins have the same effect as increasing the temp on my other devices?

Shit Snacks

I have now been using the Splinter for a few days. With my other vaporizers I step increase the temperature. I might start at 360 degrees and as the volume of vapor decreases I will increase the temperature by 10 degrees until the herb is spent. With the mod box, will increasing the wattage as the vapor thins have the same effect as increasing the temp on my other devices?

Yes it can, relative to technique (btw this is not the Splinter thread but the general mod thread)

Shit Snacks,

Bazinga

Yes, I'm aware. My question was directed more towards the mod than the Splinter as it was about wattage vs temperature. If you think I should pose this question in the Splinter thread I will gladly post there. Sorry if I posted here in error.

Would you elaborate on"relative to technique"? if by increasing wattage also increases temperature than I can use the mod in the KISS method.

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Yes, I'm aware. My question was directed more towards the mod than the Splinter as it was about wattage vs temperature. If you think I should pose this question in the Splinter thread I will gladly post there. Sorry if I posted here in error.

Would you elaborate on"relative to technique"? if by increasing wattage also increases temperature than I can use the mod in the KISS method.

Yeah it has nothing to do with the mod so post in splinter thread. Wattage is basically the rate temp will climb, but it also does raise the top floor power. So it can work like temp stepping, but at a higher wattage (and if you are taking back-to-back hits, heat soaking the heater) you may need to increase draw speed to avoid scorching and not hold the trigger too long is all. That's what I mean by relative to technique, despite the power and battery regulation, it still works more as an open loop unregulated vape in wattage mode compared to temp control TCR mode (which would need to be configured for vape and mod if desired) Short answer is yes lol

eideal852

Mine was shipped same day and arrived two days later last week at the $57 price from that same seller. At $45 maybe @eideal852 can find his way to a proper DNA250C mod at last. Merry Christmas y'all!
Edit: my black Drone came from EightVape and my more recent amber one was from that Strikesusa deal. Both were delivered quickly and work well.
4835-CA02-D85-A-43-A7-9400-CD4-AC71-BBD14.gif

fuck it. Done! Oooojesus it’s Christmas. :doh:I’m dead.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Okay. never escribed. batteries are go...
loaded the splinter z profile from "that page" ... and im sure theres more to it... what all?
If you're running the DNAc ecigprofile then accept whatever cold resistance it reads unless you have a number you like for it. Then it needs to warm up. In TC that can take some encouragement unless the resistance is already on the high side of the usable range. I find my Zs get going more quickly with cells that are closer to fully charged. I sometimes switch to wattage for five or ten second preheat but I'm annoyed if the mod checks resistance again and forces me to say no so often I don't bother. More button pressing go adjust temps isn't fun but it's worth it.

Also install Frank's theme from a Mac or PC using escribe and change the puff timer to 20 in two of the tabs.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/f...ge-and-others-replay-ready-english-italian-✪/

eideal852

If you're running the DNAc ecigprofile then accept whatever cold resistance it reads unless you have a number you like for it. Then it needs to warm up. In TC that can take some encouragement unless the resistance is already on the high side of the usable range. I find my Zs get going more quickly with cells that are closer to fully charged. I sometimes switch to wattage for five or ten second preheat but I'm annoyed if the mod checks resistance again and forces me to say no so often I don't bother. More button pressing go adjust temps isn't fun but it's worth it.

Also install Frank's theme from a Mac or PC using escribe and change the puff timer to 20 in two of the tabs.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/109-✪-therion-paranormal-mirage-and-others-replay-ready-english-italian-✪/
AHA! TWO tabs, ill check, (it continues to say "firing" but button light stops after 10s.

also, v1z is at .35 cold, wenge z is .40 that sound right?

eideal852,

sickmanfraud

ATTENTION ALL TUBOx & TETRAX owners:

For those looking to purchase a mod that is compatible with the firmware by Lamart @funkyjunky there is a new list of Tubo Firmware compatible mods here:

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

If anyone owns any of the newly compatible mods please review the mod before changing firmware and after so we have feedback on new mods to consider.

Personally, I am interested in the mods that take stronger higher capacity cells. Recently I saw one 21700 that was 4100Ma and 40 watts? Perhaps with stronger/larger capacity mods we can go out with only the batteries inside and be confident we would be ok until we return home.

eideal852

heya. new LV drone dna250c (thanks for the goading/heads up @bossman)
so:
franked. herbie splinterz profile.
extended puff time in safety to 20s. but it still seems to cut at 10s. the SCREEN still reads as firing, but the led color sweep on the button stops.
You'd mentioned setting in TWO tabs, I only see it once.
thoughts?

eideal852,
Top Bottom