Weird News Stories of the Day.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Yeah, it's my cup of coffee that's the problem. Not billionaires taking 15 minute flights alone in their private jets.

They won't have to ban coffee though. It will just become prohibitively expensive.

About half of the coffee growing land will no longer support the crop by mid century. So I'm drinking as much as I can now.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

FnBqPZ9WQAM1GEr

FUviF6NXsAkTjop.jpg

florduh

egg-frank.gif

Most of what people have been calling "inflation" is simple price gouging by the corpos. They're being given cover by the corpo news. If every news story is about INFLATION, who's gonna notice a little price padding.

Ever since Saint Reagan rode in to the White House from Hollyweird, the government has totally abdicated their anti-trust responsibilities. There's so much corporate consolidation that price fixing is now the norm.

Look at these egg fuckers:

Feed and fuel costs also went up between 2021 and 2022 by about 22 percent, according to an investor call from Cal-Maine this month, but you would hardly know it from the company’s ten-fold increase in profits, which went from $50 million to $535 million in 2022. Its gross margins—the money leftover after paying for direct costs—likewise went up 40 percent.

I don't know why we let a company be large enough to set egg prices for 300 million people.

florduh,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Only fools aim to monopolize, monopolies in open or semi-open markets are generally short lived and don’t payoff huge. Sophisticated capital cartelizes markets, it can last forever and the margins are whatever you can get away with.

ETA: See The Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve of Canada

Timps27,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Cops arrest two grannies for trying to catch, neuter/spay, and find homes for feral cats.

At one point one of these wild hogs tells an 85 year old lady "you better settle down or things are gonna get ugly!" She weighs about 90 pounds with bones like uncooked spaghetti. Chill the fuck out.

I literally don't know how cops in this country look at themselves in the mirror every night. Most judges and prosecutors too. They gave these grannies jail time for doing a good deed.

florduh

Given that we often unload military hardware on to local police departments, it makes sense that we're now offloading military memes too.

Em6BrzEVkAATmuq

I also just noticed "Ponzi" is the first name of Miami's Mayor, making this story a million times funnier:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom