Weird News Stories of the Day.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
In a similar level of extreme arrogance and exceptionalism, the UK government thinks it can tell "Johnny Foreigner" to fuck off because they don't want scum like that having freedom of movement between the UK and mainland Europe, then when it realises that it made a huge mistake and the UK actually relies on people from other countries for essential services, it can issue 'temporary' visas and expect them to all come running back ... for a few months... 😂

I feel a little silly replying to my own post, but...

"The PM also said on BBC Breakfast that only 127 HGV drivers had applied for temporary visas offered by the government to help tackle the shortage.
The department for business said 27 drivers had been identified, but have not confirmed what the prime minister's number of 127 was referring to."

127, no wait.. only 27 drivers in the WHOLE of the EU feel desperate enough to apply for a temporary visa so they can drive HGVs in Britain... we're still 99,973 drivers short!

😂

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Unless we try to do something about it it is never going to stop and it will only get worse. And way too many of us don't care to try and stop it.

Personally I think we're fucked...

florduh

I don't know if school shootings in the US are really weird anymore. Reminds me of this South Park clip...

florduh,
  • Haha
Reactions: Ramahs

Knewt

Unless we try to do something about it it is never going to stop and it will only get worse. And way too many of us don't care to try and stop it.

Personally I think we're fucked...
I hate guns, but I think climate change is a larger concern, and little is being reasonably done about that.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I hate guns, but I think climate change is a larger concern, and little is being reasonably done about that.
While on the grand scale that is probably true, we should certainly have a better chance of doing something transformative about guns than climate change. Even if it is only because the gun problem is much more localized, like practically entirely a problem here in the US. To "solve" climate change we would need the cooperation of China and India and many poorer nations around the world who really can't afford the necessary changes. We wealthy nations could help them, of course, but certainly not before we do what is necessary in our own countries.

cybrguy,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I spent over a decade, actually 12+ years actively minimising my carbon footprint to microscopic levels because I fell for the lie that it was 'our problem' and not the responsibility of the large corporates who are actually doing the bulk of the damage.

What difference did it make?

Precisely fuck all!

All that time many large corporations flaunted the laws and actually became worse than ever, blaming china and india and other poorer nations for not cooperating is absurd, sorry but it is, the reality is that it is often first world countries companies that are exploiting these countries for cheap labour to make obscene profits and causing the problem anyway.

I still stick to lots of processes and principles developed during that time, but it is pointless while these big players are so utterly cavalier about it all, may as well enjoy yourself...

I don't blame the younger generations not giving a shit about our generation or even themselves... many literally have nothing to live for and no future to look forward to because we took it from them and flat out refuse to do anything about it.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

The Rest of the Story....

Last edited:

florduh

What stage of capitalism is this?

So this CEO recognizes that paying people more will incentivize people to work for him. But he doesn't want that extra pay to come out of his company's profit. He wants it to come from the taxpayers.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
What stage of capitalism is this?

So this CEO recognizes that paying people more will incentivize people to work for him. But he doesn't want that extra pay to come out of his company's profit. He wants it to come from the taxpayers.

I like how taxpayers is in a third person context 😂

It's a strange way of looking at the world!!

p.s. I am all for UBI - bring. it. on.

florduh

p.s. I am all for UBI - bring. it. on.

That's not what this billionaire is proposing. He wants the government to give people bonuses for taking shitty jobs.

The CEO of a 100 billion dollar company saying "Nooooo! I don't want to pay people enough to voluntarily come work for me! I want the gubernment to come in and do that for me!" is funny.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That's not what this billionaire is proposing. He wants the government to give people bonuses for taking shitty jobs.

The CEO of a 100 billion dollar company saying "Nooooo! I don't want to pay people enough to voluntarily come work for me! I want the gubernment to come in and do that for me!" is funny.

Yeah, hes looking for the gov. to subsidize his company's payroll

Mind blowing to me how certain people end up in the positions that they do

This screams, "Hey old buddy, my son needs a job"

kel

FuckMisogynists!

Yeah, I got it!

I mentioned UBI as the potentially disruptive policy that could put these muppets in their place!

edit: what makes me laugh most of all is that at least EIGHTY TWO PERCENT of young people want to start their own business in the UK!

If that doesn't say - we woke up to the fact that these cunts are violating us in the work place every day - I don't know what does!

Here's a random article about the news story:

florduh

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My niece ordered some vaccine card covers from Amazon for herself and her kids, and they came with fake blank CDC vaccine cards in them. She was just looking for covers, and that is all the item said they were getting, but no, they came with cards. :uhoh::doh:

Correction, they did not come with cards in the covers. She ordered 10 of them and 10 cards came ALONG with them. Not in the covers. No argument can be made that this was anything other than what it is, a federal crime. The CDC card is a federal document.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you are out in the world today (I am not) that card has to come out and go back a lot and will likely get trashed over time. A plastic cover will protect it some. I understand the desire.
So far the only place that has asked me for my card accepted a pic of it on my phone. I suspect for many places that may not be enough, and frankly it probably shouldn't be. But if fake cards are as common as this event implies, showing your card will soon me kinda meaningless. If we had thought about this in the beginning of vaccinating people we should have developed a secure digital database that could only be added to by vaccine providers. We did not do this, and due to that actual accurate proof of vaccination is something Americans will never be able to provide.

cybrguy,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Not really worried about protecting the physical card at all... any physician can look into the system and reprint. Cards are easily replaceable.

I do think the size is annoying, that is not the same size or smaller than a standard business/credit card, or at least the size of a folded bill. My vac card will not fit in my wallet without sticking out or folding.

Top Bottom