Weird News Stories of the Day.....

unsorted

Marco Rubio tweets a tribute to John Lewis using the photo of a different black congressman

Like many of his colleagues, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) tweeted a tribute to John Lewis on Saturday and included a photo of himself with the civil rights icon who died Friday. He even made the image his Twitter profile picture.

There was just one problem. The photo was of Rubio and the late congressman Elijah E. Cummings, who died in October.
You can't make this stuff up!!! It has to happen in real life.. What a perfectly hilarious example of modern problems....hard to believe that someone doesn't proofread his tweets before they are released. I guess the desire to be "social" is just too strong.

unsorted,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

macbill

Gregarious Misanthrope
Staff member
Florida man threatened Grocery Advantage employee with ax when asked to wear mask

A Florida man accused of threatening an Escambia County Grocery Advantage employee with an ax because he was asked to wear a mask was arrested on Monday.

Michael Brad Evans, 42, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon Monday after employees and witnesses say the man caused a scene, yelled racial slurs and broke a large bottle of alcohol after being asked to wear a mask inside the store.

Tranquility

Florida man threatened Grocery Advantage employee with ax when asked to wear mask

A Florida man accused of threatening an Escambia County Grocery Advantage employee with an ax because he was asked to wear a mask was arrested on Monday.

Michael Brad Evans, 42, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon Monday after employees and witnesses say the man caused a scene, yelled racial slurs and broke a large bottle of alcohol after being asked to wear a mask inside the store.
Different "Florida Man" fires warning rounds because people were't social distancing.
Florida man accused of firing gun in hotel lobby over lack of social distancing

In bigger news, here's all the legal papers released today in regards to Epstein/Maxwell. If you look to some of the reporting on them, it's not Trump who's worried.
Giuffre v. Maxwell

Tranquility,

Tranquility

Kindergarten Cop? Racist.

NW Film Center Has Canceled an Outdoor Screening of “Kindergarten Cop” Following Complaints by a Local Author “It’s true Kindergarten Cop is only a movie. So are Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind, but we recognize films like those are not ‘good family fun.’”

National reckoning on overpolicing is a weird time to revive Kindergarten Cop. IRL, we are trying to end the school-to-prison pipeline,” she tweeted. “There’s nothing entertaining about the presence of police in schools, which feeds the ‘school-to-prison’ pipeline in which African American, Latinx and other kids of color are criminalized rather than educated. Five- and 6-year-olds are handcuffed and hauled off to jail routinely in this country. And this criminalizing of children increases dramatically when cops are assigned to work in schools

Tranquility,
  • Angry
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
I love Kindergarten Cop & Gone with the Wind. I've watched both a dozen times. I abhor this so-called political correctness & cancel culture. And I hate the corps & companies, politicians & everyone who kowtows to it. I'm not giving up or hiding my beliefs to appease anyone.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed & Rio'd
We are heading down a terribly dangerous path.

If mob thought and mob rule decide for all of us what is "appropriate" for us to view and think, this experiment called the USA will be over.

The dystopia's of Orwell, etc. will be our self fulfilled prophesy and it will happen fast.

The long, slow climb back out of that pit may take decades or longer to scratch our way back out...if we ever do.

Nothing would make me happier than to see my thoughts here be completely off-base. (Good chance they are...I hope).

But, we seem to be in a perfect storm right now of extreme social, economic and pandemic stress.

We do though have the opportunity right now of changing many things that are broken or bent out of shape, and making them whole

in a better way than they were.

Or, if we make enough missteps by letting a very vocal minority decide policy, we will bear the terrible fruit of those decisions.

Oh yeah...I love Kindergarten Cop...one of my favorite Arnold movies. Fuck the "butthurt".

Last edited:
Top Bottom