Weed is not good for your heart, studies say

Tranquility

"La cucaracha", a 1818 spanish song, talk about a "blunt", the other meaning of "cucaracha"..
With the lyrics :

La cucaracha, la cucaracha

Ya no puede caminar

Porque no tiene

porque le falta

Marihuana que fumar

and so marihuana means cannabis since at least 1818...

In slow to let u hear it and cause i'm exhausted...
I remember, in elementary school, they tried to have us sing the song. If I recall correctly, after we kept yelling out "marijuana" at the appropriate time (At a volume greater than the rest of the song--for emphasis.), they changed it to a smoking hot girl. (Senorita que fumar)

No one used it. We had our lyrics. Song performance cancelled.

NomDePlumez

Every week there is some new study that says XYZ is 'bad for you/causes cancer" and then a week later some other study will contradict that.

Not to sound anti-science or too flippant but it's really hard to care anymore.

C No Ego

Every week there is some new study that says XYZ is 'bad for you/causes cancer" and then a week later some other study will contradict that.

Not to sound anti-science or too flippant but it's really hard to care anymore.
we have exacting biochemistry ... still however the researcher stipulates as to findings ( Bias) ... we have enough research to prove how the lipids in cannabis metablize in our bodies .... the known biochemical pathways ETC ....... it takes understanding of all that to put two and two together and make a conclusion etc.... for example vai my research the lipids in the plant Are Essential lipids in our cells ... THC as an example is an essential fatty acyl ( N acyl tranferases/ N acyl ethanolamine pathways ) ... and of course the seed oil is essential fatty acids ... raw plant uingestion provides essential amino acids and Flavones/ flavinoids too ... the only real negative to health we have to prove is that the cannabis plant can be caught on fire and burning ETC.... car tires are capable of that as well LOL

1nd3cEnt

Today we’ll be talking about the latest “SCARE STUDY” where researchers allege that smoking cannabis as young adults nearly doubles your risk of a heart attack. This was a “cross-sectional” study meaning it’s an observational study that analyzes data of a particular population at one particular point in time. The major problem with cross-sectional studies is that the way you frame the question vastly influences the results. The parameters you choose to test also plays a major role. Essentially, they took some data, created measurements they thought were important and did some fancy math. Their confidence level is 95%, which means that there may be fluctuations in their results if someone tries to replicate this, let’s say, with actual empirical evidence.

Although heavy cannabis use has been reported to trigger acute myocardial infarction (MI), the current evidence is limited to case–control studies that are prone to bias and studies relying solely on administrative data. In other words, they are relying on data that isn’t telling them the whole picture. I’m not saying that cannabis doesn’t have an effect on the cardiovascular system – to say this would be nonscientific. However, to make conclusions on administrative data is also non-scientific.

Right now, you’ll begin to hear people talk about the inherent risks of cannabis and cardiovascular health based on this study, which will influence the international discourse on legalization. This influences how we legalize and is disingenuous to the truth behind the plant. It is because of these studies that prohibition could thrive for so long. They claim these policies are meant to protect us – but what we need is not protection but proper education.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Today we’ll be talking about the latest “SCARE STUDY” where researchers allege that smoking cannabis as young adults nearly doubles your risk of a heart attack. This was a “cross-sectional” study meaning it’s an observational study that analyzes data of a particular population at one particular point in time. The major problem with cross-sectional studies is that the way you frame the question vastly influences the results. The parameters you choose to test also plays a major role. Essentially, they took some data, created measurements they thought were important and did some fancy math. Their confidence level is 95%, which means that there may be fluctuations in their results if someone tries to replicate this, let’s say, with actual empirical evidence.

Although heavy cannabis use has been reported to trigger acute myocardial infarction (MI), the current evidence is limited to case–control studies that are prone to bias and studies relying solely on administrative data. In other words, they are relying on data that isn’t telling them the whole picture. I’m not saying that cannabis doesn’t have an effect on the cardiovascular system – to say this would be nonscientific. However, to make conclusions on administrative data is also non-scientific.

Right now, you’ll begin to hear people talk about the inherent risks of cannabis and cardiovascular health based on this study, which will influence the international discourse on legalization. This influences how we legalize and is disingenuous to the truth behind the plant. It is because of these studies that prohibition could thrive for so long. They claim these policies are meant to protect us – but what we need is not protection but proper education.
and that """ Study""" most likely tested people who smoked it only .. inhaling smoke by product adds another level of metabolic reactions not related to just metabolizing a plant alone with no smoke involved etc.... Even vaporized and inhaled dry herb cannabis eliminates all those aromatic hydrocarbon smoke toxins while delivering most of what you will receive from smoking it .
as I've mentioned in this thread Dr David Allen, retired heart surgeon has great info on the protective properties of cannabis for the heart .
Also, Israel has been using Volcano vaporizers in their hospitals close to 15 years by now to mainly treat people with heart conditions

Vape_ninja

Lets just say for examples sake this article is true and THC and cannabis is bad for the heart right?
some people when they consume THC cannabis their heart races , did you know the CBD counteracts that?

so basically in short what im saying is as long as you include CBD with your THC its highly unlikely it is damaging your heart

howie105

On CNN today from the American Heart Association statement.

Once issues becomes grist for the media and political mills, they never resolve, and pot smoke is one of those issues that just keeps giving. I am for everybody making up their own minds and just letting it go.

JBone65

So many people hurt themselves with alcohol, tobacco, hard drugs, unhealthy diet and other destructive habits. I know there might be a price to pay, but I'll gladly take my chances vaping weed. It makes my brain itch and helps me cope with what I view as a fucked up world. I would have to see how they did their study to see if it applies to me. The article reads like general BS, it says weed might trigger a heart attack. It would have to be some really good shit IMO.

Shadooz

Well, we're not talking about smoke here, so...
Medical data are mostly about smoke, quite only 10 years than vaporisation tries to democratise..
U can only substract the smoke related symptoms.
Which is hard, true, to clearly make separation when it's about the lung and heart system.

Only study with edible, tincture, oil use can be relevant now, for medical purpose.
Totally objective about cannabinoid.
Without any risk of crap device, or wrong use.

Vaporizer, even more with the still chaotic capitalistic expension that business get. It can't be determinant for lung study yet.
It could, i guess, for heart though..
And Short terms effect have been test, long term one can just be slightly extrapolated for now.

It would have to be some really good shit IMO.
The sympathetic stimulation/stress is easily triggered. Which will "put in exergue" any weakness your body can have.
Ur agmydala is just used to, in france we call that "mithridatisation", from an old european king "mithridate VI" -120 BC, which drink poison every day to avoid treason..
And dumb, he failed suicide because he was too "tolerant" :rofl:

May i have to send u a bit of my weed, to let u feel an heart attack :evil:

Shadooz,

JBone65

I can do it, someday. I had a small hydroponic grow room about a decade ago but stopped for several reasons. It was illegal then, and I literally couldn't keep it cool enough to contain the smell. Paid for premium sativa seeds from Amsterdam back in 2008 or so. Those guys were collecting seeds from all over the world and trying to breed better strains. Had both HPS and LED lights. It was as good or better than anything I can buy now. Yesterday I was reading (in another FC thread) about ingenious growers producing hydro-sensimilla from pure famous strains, like gold bud Columbian, Acapulco Gold, Oaxacan, Maui Wowie, etc. Anxious to set it up again, but might have to wait another year. It's a tremendously rewarding hobby IMO.

Edit:. Sorry this is getting off topic.

JBone65,
Reactions: C No Ego

Shadooz

ngenious growers producing hydro-sensimilla
Sinsemillia is a condition to get high thc strain.
But my strain which is most risky to give u heart attack, is a dna degenerated sativa.
Feminised seeds comes from female stressed till hermaphroditism.
Which bring self "semillia" to the next female generations..
I already found one seed in my batch of all female, could send it..

Last edited:
Shadooz,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I know one thing that is definitely bad for your heart...

...reading this thread and worrying about all these things 😂

==

I am very lucky and blessed, I feel like I lived my life already - lots of ups and downs; a hallmark of a life well lived in my book... if I could somehow be conscious of my life after I die I would look back and say, well it wasn't all that bad hey!!

Now every morning I wake up it's another bonus

either that or depending on how I feel at the time... "Oh no.... not again!" 😂

p.s. I am, firmly in the camp that thinks weed should be relaxing and enjoyable, not so outlandishly genetically modified/cultivated freaked up strong it gives you palpitations, been there, done that, ended up in A&E thinking I was going to die.... from anxiety! It's not a good look!

kel,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

I know one thing that is definitely bad for your heart...

...reading this thread and worrying about all these things 😂
If u really read it, u will find no solid argumentation putting cannabinoid as heart "complication giver" for now.

As most of user have experienced a "bad" sympathetic stress once. the "palpitation" it gives, will always make people worry...

Try to beat usain bolt at a 100M, u will have even more reasons to worry about your palpitations :rofl:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
If u really read it, u will find no solid argumentation putting cannabinoid as heart "complication giver" for now.

As most of user have experienced a "bad" sympathetic stress once. the "palpitation" it gives, will always make people worry...

Try to beat usain bolt at a 100M, u will have even more reasons to worry about your palpitations :rofl:

The only thing I am trying to say is...

kel,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

I am very lucky and blessed, I feel like I lived my life already - lots of ups and downs; a hallmark of a life well lived in my book... if I could somehow be conscious of my life after I die I would look back and say, well it wasn't all that bad hey!!

Now every morning I wake up it's another bonus

I'm 29,... can't say i'v lived it... i'm not hendrix.. :lol: :cry:

The only thing I am trying to say is...

Worrying is what have kept humanity alive till now,...
Some people have to worry, for the health of all..
Unfortunatly, those u worry for u, care about their own wealth..

Anyway, i'm too acknowledge to "be happy"..

Moi dans les "hauts"..
Plutôt bien bas..
😔

Shadooz,
Reactions: kel

C No Ego

Lets just say for examples sake this article is true and THC and cannabis is bad for the heart right?
some people when they consume THC cannabis their heart races , did you know the CBD counteracts that?

so basically in short what im saying is as long as you include CBD with your THC its highly unlikely it is damaging your heart
there was just a study done too that showed drinking green tea along with cannabis use reduces THC' side effects somewhat ... it was actually a study for teen use if I'm not mistaken ... one of the latest form Grannystormcrow list

Edit @Shadooz my motto- Be Happy for no reason .... so many people just sit there not sure why to be happy and that keeps them from it ... no reason needed to be happy save for happiness itself

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Like @C No Ego says :tup:

Last try because there's no point other than... if you look on the world with happy eyes it tends to actually be a happier and healthier place and if you spend time reading about things that can kill you it tends to be a more stressful and therefore less healthy place.

Obviously if you are in a truly horrendous situation then being happy is not an appropriate response at that moment in time. Of course it isn't. There's also a big difference between worrying about the things that warrant it and things that don't - I would say some half baked wannabe scientific article isn't worth worrying about - so... be happy!!

Vape_ninja

there was just a study done too that showed drinking green tea along with cannabis use reduces THC' side effects somewhat ... it was actually a study for teen use if I'm not mistaken ... one of the latest form Grannystormcrow list

Edit @Shadooz my motto- Be Happy for no reason .... so many people just sit there not sure why to be happy and that keeps them from it ... no reason needed to be happy save for happiness itself
something i thought about today was that Tea itself has something in common with weed.
Tea contains caffeine and something called L-Theanine which is said to have some anxiety reducing effects and to balance the caffeine or something, similiar to weed how there is both THC and CBD present in weed

I've got some Himalayan CBD by Sensi Seeds (1:2 cbd) recently. What a good high... I could even do 15min of jumping rope with a big smile and a really nice smooth feeling on each landing, after getting a good toke on my vapcap. I never could do sports after a classic thc strain btw.
No more anxiety also...

Top Bottom