• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Wand Vape a mechanical vaporizer by Black Leaf

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hello guys ! I want to introduce you this little known flame powered vaporizer from Black leaf /Near Dark,appeared in 2020 . It costs just 45 euro and it works really good. I wanna thank Black leaf CS for sending it for free. I just wanted to find out how much is shipping to my country and there wasnt an option. The issue wasnt recognized at first and It took some back and forth email communication and in end the issue was resolved. They decided to send it for free to reward my patience and also for poiting out an unknown issue.
The vape itself has a few kinks like everything unthreads the same way,so it is a bit of nightmare to remove the bowl from the in the stock configuration ,but there is a tiny retaining ring inside which lets you regulate how deep the bowl threads in the heater ,which also lets you regulate convection/conduction ratio. It took some modding but the vape delivers really satisfying hits. The metal and threads were clean from factory oils ,there were few tiny burrs ,but much cleaner than a dynavap for example... :D.. This vape has a lot of potential so i hope to see a v2 or revised version in future. Machining job is pretty clean.
It is basicly a poor mans anvile ,it retains quite a bit of heat. it takes 12-15 seconds with my big torch heating axial and rotating. Then i can get a 3 decent hits. ABV is really even color ,you can push to any color you like,i havent combusted yet. You can also do a smal axial preheat and then apply heat to the top while inhaling,this is a very effective method with small torches, Kind of like a lotus .
The vape itself is pretty heavy on the top part. All is stainless steel . I have a few oxidation spots on the heater cover and got some discoloration cause i heat purged everything a 250 C on a induction stove ,so i got everything in nice golden color,so it really doesnt bother me at all.
I will share a more detailed review and tips soon,but i can say for the price this is a very cool vaporizer. The head is 20mm diameter maybe it can be used with a coil,fr sur it can be used on a stove or camps fire. Stem is pretty longs so ,it will be pretty comfortable ., Wish it was just shorted and had a metal on glass adapter instead,but maybe as an accesory or on the next version.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The 'Wand Vape' from 'Black Leaf' is a mechanical handheld vaporizer, but you can use it with a bong, too. A bong adapter made of silicone is included. The adapter fits on SG 14 and SG 19 grindings. The magic wand vaporizer is made of heat conducting stainless steel from the mouthpiece to the heating chamber for herbs. So that the fingers do not get burned and as protection for a glass bong, the draw tube is coated with silicone.

For easier cleaning the 'Wand Vape' can be unscrewed. And that is how to use it:

Unscrew the upper part of the heating chamber, fill the heating chamber loosely with herbs, screw the upper part completely (consists of two parts) back on. Afterwards put the 'Wand Vape' into the adapter and the bong. Then heat the heating chamber from the outside well until the steam development begins. Finally, inhale the vapor slowly and evenly with the mouthpiece of the vaporizer or of the bong.

Accessories are also included: 5 bowls and 5 insert screens, a cleaning brush, the bong adapter and a small bench for the heating chamber which can be quite hot after use.
  • Material:
    Stainless Steel, Silicone
  • Colour:
    Various Colours
  • Print:
    Black Leaf Logo
  • System:
    Convection, mechanical System used with Lighter
  • Length:
    195mm
  • Diameter:
    9mm
  • Supplies:
    5x Bowl Screen, 5x Screen, Brush, Bong Adapter, Bank

trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-djd.jpg
trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-hxg.jpg

trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-xpb.jpg
trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-yuu.jpg

trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-are.jpg
trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-blue-cgo.jpg

trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-rasta-tdp.jpg
trubka-vaporayzer-metallucheskaya-black-leaf-wand-vape-steel-hand-vaporizer-rasta-tms.jpg

Last edited:

maremaresing

So, it doesn't click or anything? How do you know when it's ready, or when you've overheated it?

maremaresing,

Abysmal Vapor

So, it doesn't click or anything? How do you know when it's ready, or when you've overheated it?
You really dont have an indication other then vapor formation and time spent heating with a certain flame size.Have you used a vaponic/vapocane or vapman ? ? It is pretty easy for me to dial the temp,but i have a lot of experience. I imagine there would be some learning curve for some people,but for me it is fine. The vape has a few downsides as well,handling is not very easy and reloading.But with some modding and with leather skin holden from slug 33 reloading is not so hard anymore :).
The head is very heavy and retains a lot of heat. you can do heating is sessions of 3-5 secs like with the vapman and check if vapor production has started, also as mention you can you use it lotus style applying heat while inhaling which is really easy and fool proof.
I will have to gather some more thoughts and try few things and let the honey moon phase subside,but for now i can say it is pretty decent vaporizer. Nice clouds,easy airflow,taste is a lot better than with dynavap for me for example. I would purchase it again for 45 euro anytime,it is a cool addition to my small collection.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

After modding the hell out of it ... i decided to play it simple :D... Just took the head ,removed the retaining ring and dropped it onto a 14mm male... Daaaaaaaaaamn... this thing rocks now, i like it better than the lotus in terms of functionality,also i prefer SS to pure nickel.
Here is what i do . Big flame torch ,do some axial heating for 10 seconds and then start blasting the top and start inhaling. Stop at first glance at vapor formation. After that with a high speed draw ,vapor just explodes and it keeps on giving... Did a 3 consecutive lungfuls until i cleaned the bowl.. Taste improvement was enormous compared to the metal bowl,i am guessing less conduction and also metal emit smell when react with stuff,thats why most metal bowl vapes,have pretty shitty taste.
It is 20mm in diameter,do you know if there are 20mm coils for PID ? This thing can be poor mans FP/WE....
I'd say if you buy one... also get one 14 male to 14 male adapter and enjoy...
Gotta get me one of these to replace the leather sleeve ,as it emits weird smell when it comes in contact with the hot metal,:D..
aTs_Seite_011_Bild_0003.jpg

Edited: Got myself some 2$ ICE cube tweezers from the grocery store,lol. working like a charm.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Great info @Abysmal Vapor! Can you give a pic of your gong adapter setup? Thanks for explaining how it works, too. Do you need a big torch for something like this?
Sry for not replying in a timely manner, got really into the rabbit hole with this one. Found like multiple ways to use it....
I am using a big one BS-600 (12mm nozzle),takes about 20 seconds and BS-200 (8mm nozzle),it takes about 35-40 .I think it can be heated with any torch but it might take a lot of time with a very small one and they are not fit for continuous operation. Please have in mind that this is with the glass bowl,with the metal one, there is conduction involves so heating time is shorter.
Anyway i started using it even with a stove. Heat the head on 7 for 5 minuts and then pick it with the ice tweezers and drop it on the bowl, it delivers monster hits,lol... You can take 2 big ones with the retained heat, put it back on the stove and it is ready in 20 seconds again. As for pics i would have to see what can be done :).

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Sry for not replying in a timely manner, got really into the rabbit hole with this one. Found like multiple ways to use it....
I am using a big one BS-600 (12mm nozzle),takes about 20 seconds and BS-200 (8mm nozzle),it takes about 35-40 .I think it can be heated with any torch but it might take a lot of time with a very small one and they are not fit for continuous operation. Please have in mind that this is with the glass bowl,with the metal one, there is conduction involves so heating time is shorter.
Anyway i started using it even with a stove. Heat the head on 7 for 5 minuts and then pick it with the ice tweezers and drop it on the bowl, it delivers monster hits,lol... You can take 2 big ones with the retained heat, put it back on the stove and it is ready in 20 seconds again. As for pics i would have to see what can be done :).
Woohoo, mine just landed!

It's too late to try it tonight but I can't quite figure what you mean about how you use it on glass. Are you just unscrewing the entire top from the stem and setting that on top a 14mm female joint? If so I'm gonna try that first I think since it's relevant to my interests. Maybe another use for the Firefox?

Edit: Oh, wait, I reread. Ok, I took out the retaining ring and the top screen which it holds in place, & I see that it fits right on a 14mm male. But, what do you use for a screen? How do you mount it? Maybe I'll have another look in the morning.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Shoot, don't have a one. Order in. I'll have to see if I have a bong with a deep enough downstem to try it with its adapter in the meantime.
There should be some in the pack . Maybe some origami or cutting might need to be involved :p.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quick thoughts: I have only tried this once using @Abysmal Vapor's head-on-glass technique described above. Here's my setup:
IMG-0737.jpg

IMG-0738.jpg

I blasted it with a medium Firefox flame for 30-40 seconds, I guess, working around it and hitting the top. Got 3 or 4 full hits of cool, tasty vapor! Hit it again for another 20 or so and got another couple. It adds restriction of course but it's surprisingly open and easy to hit. I haven't dumped it yet but it looks even and tobacco-colored from what I can see.

Initial reaction: This thing is simple, easy, and totally worthwhile--maybe even great!

Edit: Had another small bowl and got even better results! Nice, even, deep tobacco roast with great flavor for the most part. I'm going to have to try it native one of these days but AV's method is simple and very effective.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Quick thoughts: I have only tried this once using @Abysmal Vapor's head-on-glass technique described above. Here's my setup:
IMG-0737.jpg

IMG-0738.jpg

I blasted it with a medium Firefox flame for 30-40 seconds, I guess, working around it and hitting the top. Got 3 or 4 full hits of cool, tasty vapor! Hit it again for another 20 or so and got another couple. It adds restriction of course but it's surprisingly open and easy to hit. I haven't dumped it yet but it looks even and tobacco-colored from what I can see.

Initial reaction: This thing is simple, easy, and totally worthwhile--maybe even great!

Edit: Had another small bowl and got even better results! Nice, even, deep tobacco roast with great flavor for the most part. I'm going to have to try it native one of these days but AV's method is simple and very effective.
Try putting it on a stove for 5-6 minutes ;) and then drop it with tweezers on the bowl. Hits like a truck..
Sadly i am having troubles with mine as it get stuck on the metal bowl,currently in contact with blackleaf support on the matter.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Try putting it on a stove for 5-6 minutes ;) and then drop it with tweezers on the bowl. Hits like a truck..
Sadly i am having troubles with mine as it get stuck on the metal bowl,currently in contact with blackleaf support on the matter.
Bummer, man. Is it not unscrewing after usage? Maybe I'll avoid that til I hear how it shakes out for you.

Are you using an electric stove? Mine's gas....

coolbreeze,

Abysmal Vapor

They're just the thing! Glad to see they sorted you. Should I NOT use it native, do you think? So far I've only used it on glass. And even without the stove this thing really smacks!
Yeah retained heat method is crazy ones you get the hang of it.. It feels like driving a truck vs a car compared to most of my vapes. I think if you fit in a enail coil it will become a very precise tool.
My metal bowl had burr when i got it . So the threads werent perfect. Maybe a machining error.

Abysmal Vapor

oooooh! There's an idea! Or maybe a little enail station you stick the head into to heat it, to keep wireless!

I'll check mine before i try. I'm liking it on glass so much though i can't really see native replacing it for me.
Yeah it didnt took me a lot to figure out glass is best. Btw i found even better solution for a glass bowl i will post pics once i get the new one. :))
Screen is adjustable so you can really control the ammount of convection/conduction you are getting :). Btw the heater is so massive that it vapes even when herb is at 5cm distance for it. 20mm enail coil should fit i measure mine at 20.06mm
With a stock glass bowl ,i am feeling this vape will become more popular in time :) !

Top Bottom