Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stonemonkey55 said:
Organic apple on top of that! can't get much more "pure" than this....
haha maybe put some compost on top of the apple :rofl:

AoZ yeah I think he just run the vap through

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Compost is too hardcore, haha. I was curious, I haven't read too much about the fedor, but has anyone used it and what is the heating element? Is it a naked ceramic heater?

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
AofZ, I actually just cored out a tunnel in the apple and stuck the VRIP bowl into it. Took the heat wand to the VRIP bowl and started inhaling. The seal wasn't super tight with the apple, so some air got in while I was vaping, but you could taste the sweetness of the fruit with the vapor. It is a really cool experience and I'm sure you can use other vapes for this purpose, just need a little creative thinking... TGIF!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think in about 2-3 more weeks. The first series where all handblown and the production units will have some additional tooling to make them more consistent from unit to unit. I'll shoot Mark from VRIPtech to get an update. Last night, i was able to get a ice shaving machine so that I filled out my entire bong with shaved ice and then took some vapor rips. OMG!!!!! I don't know if the coolness made the vapor denser or what other factors were introduced with this method, but I got the thickest, least throat irratating, hit I have ever experienced. Damn, do I really want to invest in an ice shaving machine now????

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
edit - added a brief video review that you can watch here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9zVDGh85s

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAgDpbA29c&feature=channel_page

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN2c0lD2I4

SprialArchitect's review DOPE! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRKx-ld0o8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpdN26agTqs

I just got back from lunch and got my VRIPtech heating tool in the mail. I believe he has a limited quantity of the first production units and If you purchase one from him and he makes changes to the full production units, I believe he said he will upgrade yours for free (you can email him to clarify). It is a ceramic heating element with the electrical components in a separate area. It draws 60 watts so this is something you can use in your car as well. As you look at the pictures, I think the closest comparison for this thing would be the Herborizer heating element, although I believe this heating wand trumps it in a few areas. First the temperature dial is on the wand, (marcuss, correct me if I'm wrong but the dimmer is separate from the heating element for the Herbo right? I think you connect it inline with the electrical cord, your input would be helpful) and second, it leverages the venturi effect to maintain it's heat better.

So I know I have a bad habit of gushing about the latest vape that I received in the mail but this one is truly exceptional. It has all the benefits of the heatgun but it is smaller, doesn't make any noise, and isn't assisted by a fan. Best of all, this is the closest thing you can get to glass on glass on glass on glass. Silicone tubing has made me like my whip SSV a lot more, but with this new heating wand, I can go back to the all glass set up to get the tastiest vapor hits that I loved without the inconvenience of the heat gun.

If you prefer using a whip, I even Macgyvored up a little set up so this wand could sit snuggly on the edge of a couple of books and I just stuck my whip to the end of the wand and voila, it kinda worked....but I'll just stick with the all glass set up. Maybe if he had something that attached to the tip of it, it would make a better seal with a whip.

I really think this heating wand is another breakthru for vaping. I'm sure a lot of you have collected quite a few nice glass pieces in your lifetime and the only way to vape with it would be to use the heat gun and some sort of big bowl. With this wand and one the VRIP bowls (which I highly recommend over the inspector vapor bowl's due to it's shape and medicine holding ability), it brings back all your favorite glass pieces back to life.

I think this heating wand is making it's own niche in the vaporizing market. Right now I see the market looking like this, with each type having it's own set of pro's and con's:

Bag vapes - Volcano, Extreme, Herbalaire

Whip vapes - SSV, Extreme, VB/VW

Purple Days Vape - I believe this one deserves it's "own" category

Conniseur vape - Herborizer, VRIPtech heating tool -> I just made up this last category but these are the only ones that are pretty much glass on glass on glass. However subtle you may think the taste difference is with an all glass set up, you have to admit that there is a difference. For me, it's pretty big, for other's it's not a big deal. I know a lot of you guys on this forum are on a quest for the "ultimate vapor" experience and I believe that this wand + VRIP bowl + your glass waterpipe is your best and cheapest way there.

Here some pics from the other thread:

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
yeah, sorry about that, just wanted to give the special some visibility...you know how we like to support the entrepreneurs in this industry.

Just wish I could put this much effort into my daytime job :brow:

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: KidFated.

max

Out to lunch
^ I did the same thing with my I-inhale review-just copied and pasted it in another forum. :cool:

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
nice offer stonemonkey but....i would not compare it to the Herbo again!
I know you was a herbo owner without dimmer and you didn't like it so much for it was too hot for you so your experience is partial and you know these are quite different vapes.
Do you know why Mark does't think about a heater that fit inside the bowl without holding the wand in your hand?
On the versatility side i already put some pics with the Herbo bowl(standard 18.8) that fit perfectly my old glass bong so almost every glass bong should work with it.
One question...you was a sphere or a tube owner?

Anyway i really like the glass encased heater and i'd like to give it a try... :rolleyes: but also my wife kick me out of home!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
sorry about the ''stupid quesiton that already be answer somewere else'' but is this vap dimable ??

Clear_Dome,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Clear_Dome said:
sorry about the ''stupid quesiton that already be answer somewere else'' but is this vap dimable ??
Looks like it's based on one of those soldering irons with the temperature control on the handle (see the white knob).

KeepCalm,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Indeed! If I hadn't just built my own wand vape for my glass collection I would be all over this.

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Marcuss, sorry for the Herbo comparison but if we were to classify the vapes whip, bags, etc etc. the closest vape out there that I can make a comparison is the Herbo with its glass on glass on glass design. Make no mistake, I love my Herbo as well, and it does great when I want to inhale a larger spectrum of flavanoids at a higher temp, so yes, you are correct, it's not a fair comparison since the one I have doesn't have a dimmer switch.

I have asked Mark to make it "hands free" with a GonG joint but he said that the weight and length of the wand make it a little more difficult than with the Herbo design. I think he also thinks it mimics something that we already know how to do, which is basically the same motion of lighting a bong with a lighter. Also, there are some durability issues which is why Max and Tokin prefer the standard heater cover over the GG set up that 7th floor offers.

KC already answered the question, but yes, there is a dimmer switch. Just got home, about to take a tasty VRIP! I typed this out first cause my answers make a little more sense before visiting the VRIP... cheers!

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
marcuss said:
Anyway i really like the glass encased heater and i'd like to give it a try... but also my wife kick me out of home!
Our wives think alike marcuss. :lol:

max,

max

Out to lunch
^ Don't remind me. :disgust: And I have to sell a few to get down to 7. I'm just glad most of 'em were low to medium priced. Gotta get busy on eBay though. Anybody wanna buy a VaporSnake? :brow:

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
VaporSnake hahahahah! I visited their website, I believe it said (and I'm paraphrasing) "elegantly designed to fit any home's decor" LOL How does it work, asides from the snake, I thought it was pretty intersting...

stonemonkey55,

SuperTorch

I thought this would work with any bowl that would create a air tight seal, is the VRIP VCB glass bowl something you have to have? or just a suggestion.

SuperTorch,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I'm sure you can find something else that could make a tight air seal and it would work, I already had the VCB when I was using the heat gun so I just stuck with that. It's just easier with the two piece set to load, clean, and heat your herbs but with some creativity, i'm sure you can find a way around it.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom