grogazola

I feel for you hybrid people. And my plenty vros and sistahz!! :( :( :(

I will be a classic guy forever. Don’t even care if they fix the hybrid.

If they retire the classic - like they did with the digit - I’d be done with ‘em at that point (I prefer the classic)

Vape_Or_Die420

Top ring could be stuck with resin, mine was. Take q tip with alchohol run it around ring a few times, its tough to take off, little by little it will come off.

Just an FYI

I was never able to unscrew the top part of the classic. I didn't want to be too rough with her. The only reason i wanted to take it off was to clean the buildup of ABV dust that accumulates. For some reason this stuff doesn't want to blow out. So i took the hose on my vacuum and just sucked all the dust out from the top. It worked great and didn't have to man handle it.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I feel for you hybrid people. And my plenty vros and sistahz!! :( :( :(

I will be a classic guy forever. Don’t even care if they fix the hybrid.

If they retire the classic - like they did with the digit - I’d be done with ‘em at that point (I prefer the classic)

I feel for you, lol.
Love the Hybrid, had classic for 15+ yrs.
Have no dust or melting.
This thing kicks ASS!
Also like old cars & vaping off a SS Wide ass butter knife was a start
and the horse & buggy was also a thing of the past.
If I had these issues I would just wipe it down & take the bowl off
the burner when done filling & wait for updated fix.
You can go and use 20 yr old slow tech if you want but don't
put down the real advancements that companies are trying to implement.
I personally need 3 quick bags in succession to get off on any weed & I fall asleep doing it on my OLD cano. Everyone who comes by loves their own quick bags.
This hits way harder than the OG.!
I run the whip thru my hand help PWTool & it blows away the Plenty.
& other old tech.

VapeGuy604

I feel for you, lol.
Have no dust or melting.
This thing kicks ASS!
I personally need 3 quick bags in succession to get off on any weed & I fall asleep doing it on my OLD cano. Everyone who comes by loves their own quick bags.
& other old tech.

Lol. It looks like you're more concerned with what hits harder and gets you higher faster than why the majority of people spend top dollar for their volcanos. The S&B brand's reputation rests very much on safety and health standards. What happened to the medical grade and quality control process they are known for.

S&B has acknowledged there are safety concerns and retailers have also halted the sale of the hybrid because of the health concerns. As for the metal dust, how can you be sure no particles are making their way into the airpath. Tiny aluminum particles could be hard to see with the naked eye. The chamber may not be melting yet but it seems the chamber is not heat stable for the temperature's of the volcano. You may not see melting but could there still be plastic fumes in the vapour. The chance that these could be inhaled into your lungs is a real health and safety concern.

Reviews have also mentioned that the materials of the hybrid did not look up to par of the old volcanos. I wonder what other problems there may be or other possible undesirable materials used. I'll use my safe slow tech while you can take a chance with your health and thoroughly clean your hybrid before each use.

Baron23

I have a Digit for four years and also now a Hybrid for three months.

1. I do NOT have AL dust on mine. AL develops an AL oxide layer immediately upon exposure to oxygen (as do many metals and this is what makes chrome stay so shiny). Taking an ISO swab to the AL heat tranfer rings in the unit and chamber yielded a small amount of grey residue. Did not look like it was particulate at all and without swabbing I don't see it getting into the air path.

2. I do NOT have any of the scratches or galling that another posters showed of his Hybrid AL. If I did, I would be concerned about AL particulate. I have not seen another example of this type of damage other than this one fellow.

3. I do not have even the slightest melting, discoloration, or charring of the orange plastic of the chamber. But, I do not use a chamber reducer and this seems to be, not exclusively to reduced chambers, but does seem more prominent with those who do use them with the Hybrid. While not concerned with AL Oxide, melting plastic is a complete non-starter for me.

4. I still insist that S&B owe their customer community far more than an update to the manual to clean the chamber rings. Sigh. They owe an explicit acknowledgement of the plastic melting issue, address specifically the AL oxide issue (and not just swab your chamber in the manual), their assessment of health risks from these items, and their plans to remedy. The lack of this is what I find most disappointing in this affair. I spent a whole career as a project/program manager in telco high tech (optical, software, etc) and there have been many, many, many times with a new product release that we had to openly address to our customers a defect, interim work around if available, and our corrective action plan and NOTHING but total honestly and openness was acceptable....to either us or our customers. Just good CS, is all.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Cheers

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I feel for you, lol.
Have no dust or melting.
This thing kicks ASS!
& other old tech.
Better than the PENTY ?
TASTE or FLAVOR was my favorite function of the PLENTY?
Never had a bag?
ONE day I will try one?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Better than the PENTY ?
Never had a bag?
ONE day I will try one?

G9oSRSe.jpg

Essentially a plenty all glass air way, lol.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: ataxian

grogazola

Better than the PENTY ?
Never had a bag?
ONE day I will try one?

I love my classic but the taste is nowhere near a plenty - but it’s more versatile than da plenty.

I can use about .1 and get some crazy vapour or get some really thin but tasty vapour.

Plenty is great! I wish I had more flower to feed her. The volcano is most practical but less fun and less tasty.

Edit - I’m noticing harsh vapour with my classic at high temperatures. Has anyone any experience with StickyBricks? Are they harsh at higher temperatures vis a vis a volcano?

Last edited:
grogazola,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love my classic but the taste is nowhere near a volcano - but it’s more versatile than da plenty.

I can use about .1 and get some crazy vapour or get some really thin but tasty vapour.

Plenty is great! I wish I had more flower to feed her. The volcano is most practical but less fun and less tasty.

Edit - I’m noticing harsh vapour with my classic at high temperatures. Has anyone any experience with StickyBricks? Are they harsh at higher temperatures vis a vis a volcano?
The PLENTY taste good!
I use other machines for economics.
One day I want to try a bag?
Wasn’t apart of my primate upbringing?
Volcano is on my BUCKET list!

grogazola

The PLENTY taste good!
I use other machines for economics.
One day I want to try a bag?
Wasn’t apart of my primate upbringing?
Volcano is on my BUCKET list!

Plenty is amazing! Best tasting vape I’ve tried - makes me drool thinking about that sweet sweet vapour!

If you change your volcano bags often, you’ll get great flavour too!

grogazola,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Plenty is amazing! Best tasting vape I’ve tried - makes me drool thinking about that sweet sweet vapour!

If you change your volcano bags often, you’ll get great flavour too!
I did not try vaporizer’s until 2012?
Paper joint’s is what we did!

justcametomind

I cycle my vaporizers but Volcano is the one that I used the most. Second one is Fury 2, then Crafty/Mighty. Speaking of plug in the second one would be Plenty, followed by Supreme 3.
I like Volcano’s flavor because you don’t get some few nice hits followed mediocre hits, but a nice flavor from start to finish. I planned to take a few days T break but now that I think about it I crave an XL bag so much! I like XL bags because it seems to me that’s better extraction than having a normal bag, having the bowl to cool down, heat it again and having another bag.
I may be wrong but I also think that water filtration is useless with Volcano (and every other vape?) because it only makes you lose some cannabinoids along the way: that’s why we have to clean our glass pieces from resin.
I use max temperature most of the time but I don’t make a bag too milky using a small amount of herb and dilute it into an XL bag, instead of using glass. I also like Volcano and SnB vapes for being drop proof and couch friendly.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I may be wrong but I also think that water filtration is useless with Volcano (and every other vape?) because it only makes you lose some cannabinoids along the way:
I bet if you tried a bag ran through an Obsidian water tool, you'd feel differently. The first time I had a moisture-conditioned bag I was floored by how much smoother the vapor was. I've always found my 'cano to have really dry vapor that makes me cough like a sonofabitch, but with the Magma/Obsidian, I don't cough at all. Losing a few goodies in the water is not a concern to me as I don't think the amount is significant enough to notice. :2c:

:peace:

grogazola

I bet if you tried a bag ran through an Obsidian water tool, you'd feel differently. The first time I had a moisture-conditioned bag I was floored by how much smoother the vapor was. I've always found my 'cano to have really dry vapor that makes me cough like a sonofabitch, but with the Magma/Obsidian, I don't cough at all. Losing a few goodies in the water is not a concern to me as I don't think the amount is significant enough to notice. :2c:

That sounds awesome! Just watched a little bit on them. Looks scary to put water on my volcano but it looks like you’d have to squeeze the bag to get water in your volcano?

I will definitely get an obsidian eventually!

grogazola,
Reactions: Stu

justcametomind

Losing cannabinoids along the way is not a concern to me as well but my point is that’s the main thing that happens using water and/or glass. Since cannabis has expectorant properties, less cannabinoids from the start, less cough.
Buying such equipment has been tempting since I heard about it but lately I’m doing my best to try to resist to Vas, developing theories as above is part of the strategy.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Pabs

grogazola

I seem to have brush bristles falling off randomly from my brushes. I have both the Storz&Bickel brushes and Buddies brushes. I can’t 100% confirm it’s my S&B bristles but it seems to be. Does anyone else notice this?

Has anyone used any high quality paintbrushes instead of the standard volcano brush?

edit - I guess pliers are my friend here. I could just squeeze the metal part of the brush.

grogazola,

Vape_Or_Die420

I seem to have brush bristles falling off randomly from my brushes. I have both the Storz&Bickel brushes and Buddies brushes. I can’t 100% confirm it’s my S&B bristles but it seems to be. Does anyone else notice this?

Has anyone used any high quality paintbrushes instead of the standard volcano brush?
Cant say i have used any other kind of brush than S&B. It will loose some bristles here and there. I have noticed them in my jar of AVB. Nothing to be concerned about.

Pabs

Losing cannabinoids along the way is not a concern to me as well but my point is that’s the main thing that happens using water and/or glass. Since cannabis has expectorant properties, less cannabinoids from the start, less cough.
Buying such equipment has been tempting since I heard about it but lately I’m doing my best to try to resist to Vas, developing theories as above is part of the strategy.
After one week with obsidian (tested in Classic and Hybrid with only the Bag) :
  • With temperatures between 175°C (343°F) -190°C (373°F) on Hybrid: I would say medical vapor is better without obsidian (i feel like there is more principe active...). I could say that in "day to day use" I like to vape without obsidian as long as I use the mention temperatures. That is fine to me. I really like the simplicity and how easy to use in Classic and Hybrid.
  • With temperatures > 190°C (hybrid) or 7 (Classic) : I can not take that vapor... It kills my throat. But, with obsidian it is possible. Man, I didn't know I could get so ... medicated:zzz:, maybe too much:ko: !!! :rofl:. So, if I want more effect (for exemple for Migraine) I definitively use obsidian:zzz:.
Here is my personal experience, hoping to help you decide if you need it ;).
Cheers

grogazola

Just wanted to let everyone know if they haven’t changed their filter recently - consider doing so...

I picked up my Classic on Black Friday - it’s been used for two months until the vapour became extremely harsh to me. Roughly fifteen to thirty bags a day. High temperatures too.

The filter “looked” fine - yet when you hold it to a flashlight you can see the difference.

https://imgur.com/a/TWqHQC9 < to me, this is the difference between extremely harsh and extremely smooth

After a filter change, the Volcano feels like a brand new unit!

Last edited:

justcametomind

After one week with obsidian (tested in Classic and Hybrid with only the Bag) :
  • With temperatures between 175°C (343°F) -190°C (373°F) on Hybrid: I would say medical vapor is better without obsidian (i feel like there is more principe active...). I could say that in "day to day use" I like to vape without obsidian as long as I use the mention temperatures. That is fine to me. I really like the simplicity and how easy to use in Classic and Hybrid.
  • With temperatures > 190°C (hybrid) or 7 (Classic) : I can not take that vapor... It kills my throat. But, with obsidian it is possible. Man, I didn't know I could get so ... medicated:zzz:, maybe too much:ko: !!! :rofl:. So, if I want more effect (for exemple for Migraine) I definitively use obsidian:zzz:.
Here is my personal experience, hoping to help you decide if you need it ;).
Cheers
I can vape my digit at 230c no problem, I use 100mg and fill an XL bag. Vapor is not dense and it’s easy on the throat. Problem solved with less stuff to buy, clean or break. I need more cannabinoids? I have more bags.
Thanks for the feedback.

hi, i just bought a volcano C:

Have been using v-tower and e-nano.
planning to vapebong - can any1 recommend me any glas kit?
Have seen some on youtube... not a fan of silicone tubes

kasimier1337,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Skinnyarbuckle

OK Stu, I’ve been using my volcano for quite a while and noticed a couple times you praising the obsidian, I’m with you brother, I finally ordered it and can’t wait to try it out.So far, friends that have came over to the house, people have never even seen it or heard of it and then once they tried the volcano they are hooked. People come over and take pictures and video of the old classic in action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom