Truth Seeker

Don't stop vaping, its the best! Vaping does take some getting used to, its so strange as smoke is thicker and hotter, yet people seem to handle it better. Have you tried to run your vapor through a water pipe? This will cool it, not that the bag does not let it cool, but it will also add some moisture to it. The upgraded volcano wand I made will hook to a 19mm female easily and with the mouthpiece, it will also fit a 14mm female. Keep that vaping!
I’m just about at the end of my rope after having tried various vapes I do have the mighty with the 14 mm adapter that can be adapted to a water piece. The bag just totally dried me out and the mighty in native mode causes major irritation in my chest area whether it was particulates or what I really don’t know maybe I should just try to use it only with a water piece and see if there’s much improvement. I guarantee you I stay hydrated far more than anybody else does on this forum and the level of dehydration I experienced was just not going to be healthy in the long term I’m shocked that most people have not experienced this type of dehydration after a session even when consuming large amounts of fluids ( I actually wonder if people abused themselves to the point they are not affected) I doubt this is the case but even after I brush my teeth and use mouthwash and drinking lots of purified water the dryness just didn’t seem to go away for hours I mean it was ridiculous

Truth Seeker,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I’m just about at the end of my rope after having tried various vapes I do have the mighty with the 14 mm adapter that can be adapted to a water piece. The bag just totally dried me out and the mighty in native mode causes major irritation in my chest area whether it was particulates or what I really don’t know maybe I should just try to use it only with a water piece and see if there’s much improvement. I guarantee you I stay hydrated far more than anybody else does on this forum and the level of dehydration I experienced was just not going to be healthy in the long term I’m shocked that most people have not experienced this type of dehydration after a session even when consuming large amounts of fluids ( I actually wonder if people abused themselves to the point they are not affected) I doubt this is the case but even after I brush my teeth and use mouthwash and drinking lots of purified water the dryness just didn’t seem to go away for hours I mean it was ridiculous
Ya, as humans we are all so different so vaping for some reason may not be for you, but I would suggest trying your bag in a rig and seeing if that helps before ditching it. I think most people here love vaping and do not experience dryness. I know I do not, or no worse than smoking. Some people can eat peanuts all day, others can not. Some people are allergic to even the cold or sun. Not all things for all folks.

elmomuzz

That just happened...

We call that cotton mouth. :D

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
You need a herbalizer. It uses a halogen bulb and I remember reading somewhere when the vapor is tested it had far less particles (or something) than the other conduction and convection vapes had. Look into it.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
You need a herbalizer. It uses a halogen bulb and I remember reading somewhere when the vapor is tested it had far less particles (or something) than the other conduction and convection vapes had. Look into it.
Ah, heat is heat. You need a vape you can connect to a rig like a surfer maybe. But with some ingenuity you can make your volcano fit a rig.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,

Weedcutter

Are you referring to cotton mouth dryness, then maybe you should try a different strain?

ejackyou

Hamilton

Seems to me, that you may have a condition that needs to be checked out? :rip:
I vape continuously for 45-60 minute sessions every day with my Digit, right up to 430F
and never get the least bit irritated :smug:

ejackyou,

Truth Seeker

Seems to me, that you may have a condition that needs to be checked out? :rip:
I vape continuously for 45-60 minute sessions every day with my Digit, right up to 430F
and never get the least bit irritated :smug:
With whip or bag? Are you vaping it dry?or through water?

I think it was the dryness of the balloons that was causing prolonged dehydration. Temp was 372

Truth Seeker,

Weedcutter

With whip or bag? Are you vaping it dry?or through water?

I think it was the dryness of the balloons that was causing prolonged dehydration. Temp was 372
Hot water in the water piece, helps with the quite dry tokes from any vaporiser
I have found that one can simply press the easyvalve mouthpiece straight onto the “intake” of my bubbler
Not 100% sealed but it works quite well and with hot water in the bubbler the vape is so smooth
Same for the mighty with the glass adapter
Some reading on the topic to be found here (same should apply for vaping)
https://herb.co/learn/hot-water-bong-hits/

Weedcutter,

gxk

@Truth Seeker Do you by any chance live in a very dry climate? I used to use the Volcano every day but now experience dryness and irritation since moving from a humid ocean climate to a desert climate. I still use it on occasion but favor a vaporizer I can easily use with water.

I understand how there could be very different opinions of whether the Volcano is drying or irritating depending on where people live and the ambient humidity, because my feelings have changed dramatically.

Truth Seeker

It’s been a pretty humid summer here it does get dry in the winter but I just found the bags way too dry I guess there’s something with the nature of vapor that using a water tool seems essential.

I’m just using the mighty with a water piece right now and not using the volcano as I’m doing microdoses.

The cano was the most medicated I’ve ever been....like tripping hardcore in the 60s. I honestly didn’t know cannabis vaping could be that intense but the dryness of my glands with the balloon vapor wasn’t tolerable for me.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
A friend bought a vape battery from there all good.

Ty for the always sage advice... :>)
I just sold my 15 yr old volcano original to a buddy that made me an offer i couldn't
refuse... lol!
Now I miss it, as far as getting really high, I love & have my concentrates & have that perfect, but miss that special experience the volcano gave.
Most of my buds can't handle my concentrates and still safely walk away. lol :>)
I also just like to circulate the bag after tennis with my buds so I can do my oil diamonds
saute shatter mix in my preferred bucket method.
Presently testing the ESCC as the best potential TC SIC portable out there.

So should I grab a $200 used one or go far the $379 with easy valve included?
My old one was solid valve?

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
@Truth Seeker Do you by any chance live in a very dry climate? I used to use the Volcano every day but now experience dryness and irritation since moving from a humid ocean climate to a desert climate. I still use it on occasion but favor a vaporizer I can easily use with water.

I understand how there could be very different opinions of whether the Volcano is drying or irritating depending on where people live and the ambient humidity, because my feelings have changed dramatically.

The Volcano is a vap you can easily use with water...

Magma Obsidian

Silat,

gxk

@Silat I checked it out a while ago, but from what I saw it requires the easy valve, which is a dealbreaker for me. I haven't been able to get the easy valve to perform satisfactorily with amounts <= 0.1g, and I'm a microdoser these days. That's the other reason I'm not using the Volcano as much any more, because it's not that well suited to the amount I use now. I've tried the reducing chamber, concentrate pads, etc, but the solid valve just works so much better for me with the amount I load. I'm sure if you're loading more than I am the easy valve works well, but I don't want to increase my usage.

If you know of a magma style water attachment that can work with the solid valve let me know! I know I could use silicone or something to fit the solid valve mouthpiece against the joint on any glass, but that seems pretty janky and it makes much more sense to me to run hot vapor through water, when it has the capacity to pick up a lot more humidity than already cooled vapor from the bag.

Question for those who use the reducing chamber-- are you using it exclusively with the dosing capsules? Because when I load directly into the reducing chamber my herb blows out of the loading area and on top of the reducer. No amount of adjusting the screen has fixed this problem, and I don't think I'm willing to fiddle with dosing capsules.

gxk,

ejackyou

Hamilton
@Silat I checked it out a while ago, but from what I saw it requires the easy valve, which is a dealbreaker for me. I haven't been able to get the easy valve to perform satisfactorily with amounts <= 0.1g, and I'm a microdoser these days. That's the other reason I'm not using the Volcano as much any more, because it's not that well suited to the amount I use now. I've tried the reducing chamber, concentrate pads, etc, but the solid valve just works so much better for me with the amount I load. I'm sure if you're loading more than I am the easy valve works well, but I don't want to increase my usage.

If you know of a magma style water attachment that can work with the solid valve let me know! I know I could use silicone or something to fit the solid valve mouthpiece against the joint on any glass, but that seems pretty janky and it makes much more sense to me to run hot vapor through water, when it has the capacity to pick up a lot more humidity than already cooled vapor from the bag.

Question for those who use the reducing chamber-- are you using it exclusively with the dosing capsules? Because when I load directly into the reducing chamber my herb blows out of the loading area and on top of the reducer. No amount of adjusting the screen has fixed this problem, and I don't think I'm willing to fiddle with dosing capsules.

I use the reducer exclusively with my 'Digit'
But, Not with capsules
I use a small drip pad
Works Perfectly for micro dosing with 'easy valve'
I use anywhere from 0.030g.-0.150g. :popcorn:
Only use the bags, they're the best,
Never hot or dry
I always vape for approx. 45 minute sessions
finish @ 432F :smug:

ejackyou,
Reactions: gxk

joner

I feel I need to share a story:

As a now avid-vaper, and reminiscing on my first time using the volcano ~ 2003-2004, when one popped up on Kijiji (Canadian Craiglist jobby) a couple months ago for $160, I had to have it. I envisioned sharing it with my wife (who will enjoy using it after she's done being pregnant - also known as giving birth).

It was the classic analog model, had the solid valve, albeit with a broken coupler. So I bought a new coupler (love s & b's replacement part prices), some new screens, a new air filter, and cleaned it up. Just generally spruced the thing back up. I used it a couple times to make sure it worked, and to enjoy that nostalgic experience. After that, I put it away.

Last night, a couple months later, a buddy of mine drops by the house with a fresh bag of really nice herb. This fellow is a smoker (in fact, I'm the only full time vaper in my ring of buddies, kinda weird, hasn't caught on much up here).

I say to him, I know what we can do with that! So I bust out the volcano, and fill it with about 0.2g. This was enough for us to share ~ 2.5 bags (we emptied the second half of the third bag, it got kinda strange). But let me tell you, we got blaaaaaaaaazed! We did do a bowl in my Tera (which was also a very nice experience - he's used it prior) before I thought of the 'cano, but he absolutely loved it! He texted me this morning to tell me he was still HI AF lol.

He is the first friend that has taken an active interest in vaping; he actually mentioned busting the Tera out before asking for a paper. I think I'm going to give him my dynavap 2018 M, and pick up a 2019 model to replace ....

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

I also am a micro micro doser...
I use the reducer with either a capsule or with just a drip pad. My dose size is .05. Works great. :)

headdoctor

Tell me if you've heard this one before: a man owns a Volcano and loves it for years; then he tries a popular portable and is seduced (it's small, heats up fast, and is all the rage); then one day about a year later the portable stops working, creating a melancholy feeling in the man; that night, after the children are in bed, that very same man brings the Volcano out of mothballs, plugs it in, smiles as it fires right up, and ... the man falls in love with the beast all over again.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Unfortunately I don't think it will work on a Plenty. We designed our female joint so that it closely matches the taper on the Easy Valve and Hybrid Valve, and I don't think the Plenty has the same sealing geometry. Sorry about that!

Just got a great deal on a Hybrid & love it compared to my OGV.
Can I use your water tool & attach the whip to it?

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Just got a great deal on a Hybrid & love it compared to my OGV.
Can I use your water tool & attach the whip to it?
Now you're talking our language ;) All of our bubblers work on all Easy and Hybrid Valve assemblies. When used with a Volcano Hybrid, all of our bubblers are also compatible with the whip as well. I, personally, prefer the bubbler going straight into the bag, but I have friends/co-workers that absolutely love the whip as well. I'm not won over yet, but it has its advocates :)

Magma_Industries,
Reactions: tennisguru1
Top Bottom