• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
@Vitolo It amazes me that you are able to use 42" bags for an entire year between changes. If I make my bags any longer than 20", they weaken near the valve after a few weeks, then fall over while filling, which bugs the shit out of me. Whenever that begins happening, I cut off a few inches of bag material where it attaches to the valve housing.

Vitolo

Vaporist
It amazes me that you are able to use 42" bags for an entire year between changes.
When I get to the end of the bag, I pull the bag lengthwise it's entire length, and I inhale intensely till the bag has no crinkle sound. I store it flat. When I use it next day, I do not let the bag flop on it's side during filling. I support the bag, if not straight up, I at least do not allow the hot air to concentrate on one spot.
I believe a video is in order here... showing bag as it was stored, me filling it, vaping it, and storing it once again. It is not very dense vapor... the load was already zapped twice in that big bag, this morning.

Aimless Ryan

I just noticed that video is only a few hours old. Did you make it just for me?

Also, how long have you been using that bag? That is, when did you make it?

Vitolo

Vaporist

EVlL 55

Hello.
Has anyone tried moonrocks/caviar thru they're volcano?.
I recently came across some and they're gorgeous.
I don't want to have to combust these so if anyone has any advice how to get the most out of these I would greatly appreciate it.

EVlL 55,

Baron23

Hello.
Has anyone tried moonrocks/caviar thru they're volcano?.
I recently came across some and they're gorgeous.
I don't want to have to combust these so if anyone has any advice how to get the most out of these I would greatly appreciate it.
I do not have access to manufactured "moon rocks" but my understanding is that its a bud soaked in a bit of oil and covered on the outside with pollen or broken up shatter, yeah?

But, I do use my Volcano and the reduced chamber/dosing capsule to make herb/shatter sandwiches. Put that sucker on 440 F and wail a way. Did this just last night.

If you have a reduced chamber/dosing capsule set, I would advise using this to keep gunk out of the chamber screens but it should also work just fine with a regular chamber if you are willing to break your rocks up a good bit, eh?

Aimless Ryan

I've been thinking about ordering an easy valve kit. Wondering if I should order from S&B, or maybe PIU. Any accessories I might want to consider getting along with the easy valve kit?

MinnBobber

I've been thinking about ordering an easy valve kit. Wondering if I should order from S&B, or maybe PIU. Any accessories I might want to consider getting along with the easy valve kit?
...................................................................................................
Curious as you have a solid valve now, why get an easy valve, just to try both systems??

MinnBobber,

Aimless Ryan

I guess I just kinda want a change-up; try something new. Getting an easy valve system might be a fairly inexpensive way of having something new and different without spending $300+ for a new high-end vape. Besides, even now that I've had my Volcano for several months, I still don't feel much of a need to use any other vape. Herbie can vouch for me here.

Plus it might be nice to be able to provide guests their own personal bag instead of sharing a bag, then refilling right away. Especially if I ever have more than one guest at a time. Which actually happened last time my dude stopped by. That kind of thing happens to Volcano owners; even those who spend nearly all their time alone.

I'm still not clear about whether all easy valve bags now have the slipring or if the slipring only comes on replacement bags. (On second glance, it looks like the starter set comes with sliprings. https://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/shop/easy-valve.html)

I'm now at the point where if I consider buying any new vapes, I have to consider whether using the prospective new vape may require any lifting of objects or even much lifting of the hands/arms. Even holding up bags while filling has become fairly difficult for me. Which is a big reason why I like the Volcano so much more than the Herbalizer. One thing I already know I'd appreciate more about the easy valve is that I wouldn't have to worry about the filling chamber and valve/bag falling off the unit. Even though that isn't really a problem with the solid valve, it can be on occasion.

Or maybe I should save up for a Mighty or something. Can't say I expect to ever really need a portable, but it seems you can't really go wrong with a Mighty (or anything else from S&B). Plus I love the fact that it has pass-through charging. The only portable I've owned (Arizer Air) didn't have pass-through charging, so I know it's a feature I would like if I ever have another portable.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
A local patient has had the Solid Valve for 5 years and raves about it..
We got in a spare EZ Valve set and it went to him.
He says he now prefers that system.
I feel it is good to know both systems.

I started off with the solid valve & i 'upgraded' to the easy valves just months after purchase of my volcano.

I use my easy valve for herbs exclusively. (Easy stir mid sesh)

I use my solid bags for kief. (Plunger is nice for no stirring required + some really fine reclaim when its cleaning time ) I use fine mesh screens on both systems :) honestly should come with all units as they're fairly expansive. (Fine screens)

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I would suggest getting a filling chamber reducer for capsules + chamber housing with an EZ valve kit, that way you get 2 bottom chambers (the 3 clips for the chamber should be spare in the ez kit)
But careful the capsules are the first step to a mighty...compability is a great thing ;)

TheWhisper

What's the best way to do microdoses with the Solid Valve? Do I have to get the Easy Valve Filling Chamber with Reducer that @Vitolo linked a few posts up? That would require me to also buy the Easy Valve kit, right? It wouldn't work with the Solid Valve.

Can the Easy Valve balloons fits onto the Solid Valve chamber?

And, when I make a new bag, I assume I'll have to cut a smaller-sized one? What size is recommended?

Last edited:
TheWhisper,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
They make a specific kit to make an EZ valve into a capsule holding micro EZ Valve....
They also sell the EZ valve already made as a Micro dose only valve... it costs around $60-$69.
If you want to micro dose with the solid valve, just use a tiny amount at screen bottom, place the oil pad on top, then close up the solid valve.
You can make smaller bags.... or simply let bag fill until you see the incoming vapor diminish.
I make Giant bags (42 inches).
The regular EZ Valve Bags are my smaller bags used for micro dosing on those occasions when I need less.

So as a direct answer... No the micro doseing capsules only fit in an EZ Valve set-up. The Original EZ Valve can be bought for the same cost as the EZ Valve "reducer" Valve......and for a few dollars more you would buy the conversion kit....
OR just buy the EZ Valve w/reducing chamber already installed for the same price. (but then it will be for micro-dosing only)

TheWhisper

They make a specific kit to make an EZ valve into a capsule holding micro EZ Valve....
They also sell the EZ valve already made as a Micro dose only valve... it costs around $60-$69.
If you want to micro dose with the solid valve, just use a tiny amount at screen bottom, place the oil pad on top, then close up the solid valve.
You can make smaller bags.... or simply let bag fill until you see the incoming vapor diminish.
I make Giant bags (42 inches).
The regular EZ Valve Bags are my smaller bags used for micro dosing on those occasions when I need less.

So as a direct answer... No the micro doseing capsules only fit in an EZ Valve set-up. The Original EZ Valve can be bought for the same cost as the EZ Valve "reducer" Valve......and for a few dollars more you would buy the conversion kit....
OR just buy the EZ Valve w/reducing chamber already installed for the same price. (but then it will be for micro-dosing only)

Good tips. I think for now I'll stick with the Solid Valve (there's a filling chamber insert, which I realize now is basically a reducer) and try to make smaller bags. Thanks!

Gimpy27

I have been using my Volcano Digit for several years and absolutely love it. However, I've recently noticed the machine making a clunking noise inside as I remove it from the case. I also hear the noise when I set it down on my table. Is this normal or should I send it in to have it looked at? Everything works great but I'm worried a bracket could be broke and the pump is moving around inside. I tried removing the dome but couldn't really tell if anything is screwed down or if everything just sits in the base.

Also, I have several used easy valve bags/mouthpieces and I want to replace the bag portion. What's the easiest way to pop out the clear plastic piece to do that and what's the best bag to purchase for a replacement?

Thanks and I can't wait to hear from everyone! Have a great evening and weekend.

Gimpy27,

StickyShisha2

Also, I have several used easy valve bags/mouthpieces and I want to replace the bag portion. What's the easiest way to pop out the clear plastic piece to do that and what's the best bag to purchase for a replacement?

there was a video showing the best way to take that apart, but i can't find it now. I remember struggling with that part before getting it.
if i remember correctly, i go at it from the bag side. First removing the clearish flat rubber valve and then using a medium sized flathead screwdriver to leverage out the retaining ring.

i use ovenroaster bags. the turkey one is the biggest.

when reassembling, try to make pleats evenly in the bag. you don't it want bunching up too much.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Gimpy27

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are pictures of bag replacement at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano.220/page-67#post-753029 and in that post, there are 3 other links about removing and changing EZ Valve bags.
If these 4 posts do not help you, here is a really simple video showing the procedure, also posted in this thread at:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano.220/page-49#post-587045

i use ovenroaster bags. the turkey one is the biggest.
I use rolls of Volcano bag material for solid valve.... to make volcano bags for my EZ Valve.
The procedure for this is also in the first link I provided.

Top Bottom