lwien

CombustionJunction said:
But I can put as little as .025g in my Ion and get pretty vaped. The Extreme, while being a really good vaporizer, just does not compare to the Volcano or Ion IMO.

Really? I've been using a PD for over 2 years, so when I first got the Ion, I wanted to see if it could vape a PD's bowl, about .025gr. in it and found it totally unsatisfactory. For me, the Ion liked to see a minimum of about 3 times that amount before it came unto it's own. Now granted, I was able to get twice as many hits out of it, but to get a hit as satisfactory as a PD can get out of 0.025gr. it took quite a bit more in that Ion bowl to produce as satisfactory of a hit.

But man, as a party vape, it's got to be the best deal goin'. A high quality digital bag vape for 200 bucks less than it's main competitor. :o . And on top of that, you get Bruce. :)

lwien,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
wow i didn't know the ion can vape such small amounts, thats gr8 even if it can vape .1 or .07 of a gram thcx 4 info
It's definitely possible, although I most often use about .1g or .15g if it's me and my wife.

CombustionJunction,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
lwien said:
CombustionJunction said:
But I can put as little as .025g in my Ion and get pretty vaped. The Extreme, while being a really good vaporizer, just does not compare to the Volcano or Ion IMO.

Really? I've been using a PD for over 2 years, so when I first got the Ion, I wanted to see if it could vape a PD's bowl, about .025gr. in it and found it totally unsatisfactory. For me, the Ion liked to see a minimum of about 3 times that amount before it came unto it's own. Now granted, I was able to get twice as many hits out of it, but to get a hit as satisfactory as a PD can get out of 0.025gr. it took quite a bit more in that Ion bowl to produce as satisfactory of a hit.

But man, as a party vape, it's got to be the best deal goin'. A high quality digital bag vape for 200 bucks less than it's main competitor. :o . And on top of that, you get Bruce. :)
The Ion doesn't do what a PD does with .025g, that's for sure. And with small amounts like that, I use the whip, not the bags. I agree that it needs a little more than that, but the Ion CAN do the job for me with that amount.

CombustionJunction,

stinkmeaner

Sweetheart, if you can afford it there is nothing that will impress him more than the Volcano. It is the famous one and does its intended job to a T.

It is the one he has probably heard about so nothing says I love you like a Volcano, unless of course you want to bring a friend home for him. :ninja:

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
cujo said:
I'm having a problem deciding between the volcano classic and the extreme Q.
I've used both and I'd recommend the Extreme without a doubt. It's twice as versatile and half the price so you'll get 4 times the bang for your buck! If you BF is a smoker he'll most likely prefer a whip compared to a bag. Only the Extreme gives the option of using a whip and bag, so he'll never know if you buy a Cano. Then there's the savings... You should be able to pick up an EQV for around $200. What's the cheapest a Cano sells for? 3x more by the time you buy accessories?

Before any onslaught I was specifically answering cujo's question -- not flaming. This is my objective opinion after having owned and used both.

Pappy,

Raf007

Retailer
Just for info:
The volcano (as any reasonnable vaping device) does NOT use more herb than smoking !
I am using at least twice less herbs in a volcano bowl than in a J. And am a heavy user.

Raf007,

lwien

phienomenal said:
Yeah tried a Ion, Extreme Q, Silver Surfer, Iolite, but the Volcano takes the cake.

Care to elaborate on that. I'd like to hear why you believe that the 'Cano is better than each of of those vapes.

What is it about the Volcano that you like better than the Ion.
What is it about the Volcano that you like better than the Extreme.
Same for the Silver Surfer, and the Iolite.

Inquiring minds want to know. :/

lwien,

phienomenal

I'm not really going to go into detail because it would take forever to go in depth the differences between the Vaporizers. I may write up a review but yeah...

Basically to summarize, I've used each of these vapes extensively and it just basically came down to preference The cano always efficiently produced consistent vapors.

The simplicity and ease of use of the Volcano just makes the vaping process so much easier compared to each of the device i've used.

If anyone is thinking about getting a vape, just get a Volcano let that be the end of it(I wish I just got a volcano right off the bat). I do believe that the Volcano is the best vape, I've sold all the other ones because this is the only one I use now.

phienomenal,

LOCKSTOCK93

I've had a volcano for a few months now, and I'm still preferring whip hits from my EQ. The Cano does great, quick bags, but the taste of them is weak compared to the whip and I find the whip more easy and pleasant than in terms of basic use. I use the Volcano for group sessions, but 4 people or fewer and we generally pick the Extreme.

LOCKSTOCK93,

lwien

phienomenal said:
I do believe that the Volcano is the best vape, I've sold all the other ones because this is the only one I use now.

And I've sold all my vapes because the PD is the only vape I use, but that surly doesn't make my PD or your 'Cano the best vape there is. It may be the best for YOU, and my PD is the best for me, but I guess I just don't have the ego that forces me to think that my vape is the best for everyone. There's just too many variables about how people use them and what they want out of them to make a statement like that.

Pappy

shmaporist
phienomenal said:
If anyone is thinking about getting a vape, just get a Volcano let that be the end of it
An absurd statement factually and rhetorically. You might take a cue from the motto of FC -- "there is no best vaporizer"! But a Volcano, really? That's a joke! IMO it's the most passe, overpriced, 20th century relic in the vape world. Bags? You like bag, stinky stale goofy 4 hit bags? :lol: C'mon! I threw our my last Volcano with my 486 Gateway2000.

SmokingElectricity

I myself have a forced air vape, not a volcano and i think its a huge pain in the ass to be practical for everyday use [to me] It is fun as hell to break out during parties though. :D

SmokingElectricity,

phienomenal

lwien said:
phienomenal said:
I do believe that the Volcano is the best vape, I've sold all the other ones because this is the only one I use now.

And I've sold all my vapes because the PD is the only vape I use, but that surly doesn't make my PD or your 'Cano the best vape there is. It may be the best for YOU, and my PD is the best for me, but I guess I just don't have the ego that forces me to think that my vape is the best for everyone. There's just too many variables about how people use them and what they want out of them to make a statement like that.

Pappy said:
phienomenal said:
If anyone is thinking about getting a vape, just get a Volcano let that be the end of it
An absurd statement factually and rhetorically. You might take a cue from the motto of FC -- "there is no best vaporizer"! But a Volcano, really? That's a joke! IMO it's the most passe, overpriced, 20th century relic in the vape world. Bags? You like bag, stinky stale goofy 4 hit bags? :lol: C'mon! I threw our my last Volcano with my 486 Gateway2000.

lol yikes it's just an opinion guys, i said I believed it is the best vape. Yeah it's my opinion. I've tried them all and that's what I ended up using in the end. Just cause it's what I use doesn't mean it has to be what you guys use hahaah.

It's just preference, I even said it was.

phienomenal,

Pappy

shmaporist
phienomenal said:
If anyone is thinking about getting a vape
No offense but it sounded like you were preaching. ;) Out of curiosity what kind of filtration do you prefer -- water, ice, bong?

Pappy,

phienomenal

Pappy said:
phienomenal said:
No offense but it sounded like you were preaching. ;) Out of curiosity what kind of filtration do you prefer -- water, ice, bong?

No offense either, but that's what happens when you quote out of context.

I prefer vaping but it's always fun whipping out my sovereignty pillar or vapor globe for some concentrates.

phienomenal,

Pappy

shmaporist
phienomenal said:
Pappy said:
phienomenal said:

No offense either, but that's what happens when you quote out of context.

I prefer vaping but it's always fun whipping out my sovereignty pillar or vapor globe for some concentrates.
A humle counterpoint to a sweeping statement. :)

Pappy,

lwien

phienomenal said:
lol yikes it's just an opinion guys, i said I believed it is the best vape. Yeah it's my opinion.

In the context of what this site is about, that is, a place where people can come to get some great information about vaporizers, along with a group of experienced vaporists that just like to talk with each other about vaporizers, anytime some one raises their hand and proclaims that THEIR vape is the best, you can rest assured that it's going to be challenged, but hey, maybe that's exactly what you want. Most of the long standing members here though, would never say such a thing.

You made the following suggestion to whoever is reading this thread, "If anyone is thinking about getting a vape, just get a Volcano let that be the end of it." and THAT is the worst advice to give anyone without first knowing what they want from a vape and how they plan on using it. THAT wasn't an opinion, but a statement of fact and a fact that is simply not true.

Anyways, enough said. Off to get vaped..............

lwien,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I wish I had followed that advise. My PD and Vapor Bros are collecting dust. Still using the mflb as my portable.

If I was trying to conserve the PD would come back out but I currently don't have that problem. :)

elmomuzz,

CountVapeula

my opinion is when you compare the cano to logstylevapes, its like comparing a mercedes with a bycyle. both get you from a to b. but what matters is the comfort. and i'm sure, as my first vape was cano, its a good yet expensive vape for beginners. :ninja: it's easy to use, well made and you can't do anything wrong with this vape. thats something not all vapes offer(you can combust using the mflb, ssv, db, even the extreme, etc. but never with a cano). the vulcano is foolproof. and if money is not a matter, i suggest anybody should get one. all he complaints abou how expensive and old the vulcano is sounds to me like just bitchin around but i can't understand why. yes, it's old but the principle it uses is stil the same in the new vapes like the ion, extreme. and yes, its not cheap. but i think it has more proof of reliability than any other vape due to its time on the market.so whats all the the fuzz about? it's old, it's expensive, it's reliable, it's great! in the end all vapes are the same to me - you get stoned/high. to me it matters more what i put in the vape, than wich vape i use.

CountVapeula,

Anthony

Anthony
CountVapeula said:
my opinion is when you compare the cano to logstylevapes, its like comparing a mercedes with a bycyle. both get you from a to b. but what matters is the comfort. and i'm sure, as my first vape was cano, its a good yet expensive vape for beginners. :ninja: it's easy to use, well made and you can't do anything wrong with this vape. thats something not all vapes offer(you can combust using the mflb, ssv, db, even the extreme, etc. but never with a cano). the vulcano is foolproof. and if money is not a matter, i suggest anybody should get one. all he complaints abou how expensive and old the vulcano is sounds to me like just bitchin around but i can't understand why. yes, it's old but the principle it uses is stil the same in the new vapes like the ion, extreme. and yes, its not cheap. but i think it has more proof of reliability than any other vape due to its time on the market.so whats all the the fuzz about? it's old, it's expensive, it's reliable, it's great! in the end all vapes are the same to me - you get stoned/high. to me it matters more what i put in the vape, than wich vape i use.

How is it a better deal to buy the Volcano over a Zephyr Ion, when the zephyr has more options, is digital, has USB expandability for future uses, and overall costs 50% less then a volcano.

Anthony,
Top Bottom