Volcano Hybrid

delicatebunting

I'm running my Hybrid through the provided whip into a Mega Globe out through another whip.

It's a very convenient desktop setup, but it is running through 6' of hose. Before I got the Mega Globe, I forced the tube into a 14mm bubbler. I wouldn't say there's much a difference between the two setups other than the two whip setup is hands free.

Should I get a Magma Obsidian? People seem to love it, but I can't imagine it's much better than any other glass piece on the market?

And for those who use the 40 dosing capsule set, how quickly are you going through those 40 capsules?

delicatebunting,

Kins

Ok I didn't know where else to post this. I'm thinking of trying shatter or concentrates with my new Volcano Hybrid....The instruction manual says to remove the screen from the filling chamber and put the drip pad on there. Then just put some shatter on the drip pad. I'm not sure how much to use at first. I don't want to put too much and have the melted shatter get inside the volcano. Never used concentrates of any kind.

Kins,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Ok I didn't know where else to post this. I'm thinking of trying shatter or concentrates with my new Volcano Hybrid....The instruction manual says to remove the screen from the filling chamber and put the drip pad on there. Then just put some shatter on the drip pad. I'm not sure how much to use at first. I don't want to put too much and have the melted shatter get inside the volcano. Never used concentrates of any kind.
Don't bother, get a DTV4 you are just wasting good shatter.
I tried on weed, SS pad, Whip, Bag... just lose 3/4 of the strength & effect.

Kins

Now I see, you really need a vape specifically for concentrates. Maybe I'll save up for a Pufco Peak.

Kins,

freddiegibbs

I know the dosing caps are made to be single use, but realistically how many times can they be reused before they should be thrown away? I've reused my first one about 20 times so far and it still seems pristine.

freddiegibbs,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I know the dosing caps are made to be single use, but realistically how many times can they be reused before they should be thrown away? I've reused my first one about 20 times so far and it still seems pristine.

as long as you like. I have caps from my Mighty/crafty that I have used for years
the trick is keeping the inside lid clean or they start to stick and gunk up
I soak in ISO, clean and reuse until I end up bending them out of shape then I toss out.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I'm running my Hybrid through the provided whip into a Mega Globe out through another whip.

It's a very convenient desktop setup, but it is running through 6' of hose. Before I got the Mega Globe, I forced the tube into a 14mm bubbler. I wouldn't say there's much a difference between the two setups other than the two whip setup is hands free.

Should I get a Magma Obsidian? People seem to love it, but I can't imagine it's much better than any other glass piece on the market?

And for those who use the 40 dosing capsule set, how quickly are you going through those 40 capsules?
While we're a bit biased ;) we can say that the Obsidian and Magma actually provide something that your traditional Bag-to-Bong method doesn't, and that's maximum humidity. The method you're using certainly increases the humidity, but only to slightly above that of the ambient environment. Our bubblers put the cooling/humidifying medium directly above the heat source, and so you get 100% relative humidity instantly. This greatly improves the smoothness of the vapor on your lungs and irritation in your throat. We have a bunch more information in our bubbler thread if you want to ask us more questions. Cheers!

rabidnz

Sounds like bro level marketing psuedoscience, what increase of humidity have you measured in the magma/obsidian setup, compared to a whip to bong setup?

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Sounds like bro level marketing psuedoscience, what increase of humidity have you measured in the magma/obsidian setup, compared to a whip to bong setup?
Haha there's no psuedoscience going on here, and it's pretty intuitive that you will vaporize more water (which is humidity) when your heat source is closer to it... I don't want to clutter up the Volcano Thread, so if you check out the bubbler thread in the accessories section we have a bunch more information and pictures that show the humidity increase when using our bubblers. Depending on your location, Bag-to-Bong yields around 30-60% RH. With Magma/Obsidian it's instantly 100%.

Magma_Industries,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Kins

Hey guys I broke the orange part of the housing. Or I should say it just broke. I was rinsing some cleaner off of it and it broke.....Do you think storz & bickel would replace just that part?. I have an extra housing though so I'm good, but if they'd replace it that would be good too.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hey guys I broke the orange part of the housing. Or I should say it just broke. I was rinsing some cleaner off of it and it broke.....Do you think storz & bickel would replace just that part?. I have an extra housing though so I'm good, but if they'd replace it that would be good too.

S & B are SoB's... lol
They won't answer my emails, won't honor warranty, sent me no parts to fix
broken orange ring , no ceramic coating fix.
They are using the pandemic to pull a fast one I believe.

Kins

S & B are SoB's... lol

I haven't had a problem with them as of yet. They are slow to answer emails but they have answered every one of mine.

Kins,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I haven't had a problem with them as of yet. They are slow to answer emails but they have answered every one of mine.
I am very happy for you & I hope you continue to be pleased.

I still love my Hybrid Volcano.... it's Canopy that sucks.
I hope S&B get their company back after Canopy goes under.
I don't care any more, I'll just keep using their melting plastic &
toxic alum dust bowl & when I drop dead from the health effects
my son may get something in the lawsuit. lol+
I don't really care at this point, too old & tired.
Till what we do becomes federally legal , we will get screwed
over by crap that the law won't let us return if it sucks.

Without the Hybrid I would just do concentrates as weed vaping
is just too weak for me in other forms. The Hybrid with 3 bags &
a little whip gets me thru till noon.
I don't like being in pain so it works better than anything else.

BdC!

S & B are SoB's... lol
They do get to it, but expect 4-6 weeks delay on orders and around 10 days on support emails. For me shipping is also very slow takes 4 weeks total (takes a week from California to get to Canada, a week in Customs, a week from Vancouver to Montreal and a week from Montreal arrival post office to Montreal destination post office & delivery. Normally this used to take 10-14 days total from order to receiving the order, now it's ~72 days.

The new Filling Chamber & Insert is an excellent solution to the aluminium oxide issue. Essentially it's a production line quality fix that's easy to retro-fit, I don't think the so called Volcano Hybrid V2 models are any different than the previous model with the Insert latched on to the heating chamber. The insert clips on easily, does not move or fall off, has unnoticeable effect on heating efficiency and doesn't seem to wear or scratch when used with ceramic coated filling chambers (and I latch it much tighter than before). DO NOT use the older filling chambers (un-coated aluminium), once you install the ceramic coated insert (some users have shown that this does damage the ceramic coated surface).

As for the filling chamber housing, I don't get any melting plastic and I've at least twice left it on for 30 mins at 230C. Unfortunately the clips do fall off within 7 to 16 weeks depending on if you remove the filling chamber each time to brush it off and how aggressively you brush it between fillings if it is in the housing (I used to remove it each time with the first housing, because of the Al Oxide), now I only remove it to soak it in ISO once a month). The clips are not needed to use the filling chamber housing, but without them, the filling chamber easily falls out when emptying it and can lead to burning yourself if not careful (if you squeeze the housing tightly in your fingers it can 'hold' the filling chamber when turning the housing over to empty it, even it the clips are loose/gone (but with Rheumatoid Arthritis this can be difficult to put that much force on bad days). S&B will send replacement housing if asked nicely, but they do point out that this is a 'wearable part' and sort of not under any long term warranty. I do hope S&B finds a way to re-enforce these clips in the filling chamber housing or at least starts selling sets of multiple 'bottom part' of the housing (the orange part only), since the top does not wear out).

One complaint, I have, is they do not communicate efficiently... If they had been more up-front on some issues, I think they would of gotten more 'good will'. Even shipping notices do not inform you of the contents of the shipped package, no order number, no list of contents.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPE

One complaint, I have, is they do not communicate efficiently... If they had been more up-front on some issues, I think they would of gotten more 'good will'. Even shipping notices do not inform you of the contents of the shipped package, no order number, no list of contents.

So true, they are slow as and very inefficient with customer service. I too wish they had a Canadian branch to deal with these issues.

Also kind of agree that they are using COVID as an excuse to just delay their responses for even longer. I think a large company like S&B should be able to adapt to such things. They seem to be updating their instagram stories, why can’t they answer customer inquiries faster/better?

BdC!

`Also kind of agree that they are using COVID as an excuse to just delay their responses for even longer. I think a large company like S&B should be able to adapt to such things. They seem to be updating their instagram stories, why can’t they answer customer inquiries faster/better?
There's a lot of that going around, I think too many businesses & services are just waiting for things to get back to normal, instead of adapting to what may be a new reality for some time.

Kins

My Volcano was smoother when I first got it but I've only had it about a month now I think. No it seems to be super harsh. Could over-filling the bowl cause the harshness?. I saw on redit someone suggested replacing the air filter. I checked the thing and it's completely white still though.

Baron23

My Volcano was smoother when I first got it but I've only had it about a month now I think. No it seems to be super harsh. Could over-filling the bowl cause the harshness?. I saw on redit someone suggested replacing the air filter. I checked the thing and it's completely white still though.
To me, its strain, strain, and strain. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in my Hybrid as long as I have owned it...about 9 months.

SquirrelMaster

Have you given it a clean recently? I had issues with the flavour of my Hybrid and I even though I had cleaned every part I hadn't replaced the bag. I would start with a good clean and a new bag. I find the max temp harsh, I can't handle the hot vapour so I'll put the bag up to a bong (most recently my recycler hydratube) to get some water filtration but that may just be me.

SquirrelMaster,

Kins

Have you given it a clean recently? I had issues with the flavour of my Hybrid and I even though I had cleaned every part I hadn't replaced the bag. I would start with a good clean and a new bag. I find the max temp harsh, I can't handle the hot vapour so I'll put the bag up to a bong (most recently my recycler hydratube) to get some water filtration but that may just be me.

To me, its strain, strain, and strain. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in my Hybrid as long as I have owned it...about 9 months.

There was black resin all over inside the stainless steel part of the filling chamber. I don't know what to call it though. Also it might have been partly the strain.

SquirrelMaster

There was black resin all over inside the stainless steel part of the filling chamber. I don't know what to call it though. Also it might have been partly the strain.

A full clean and a new bag of bud should set you right. That inside piece can get pretty nasty pretty quick, at least it does for me. Makes sense with the amount of vapour that passes by it.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: blackstone

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi

Is the dab experience on the Volcano better with the whip vs the pad? Seems like you would get a harder hit with the whip

I have a a hybrid on the way in the mail and was wondering if I’ll even bother using it with concentrates etc

blackstone

Is the dab experience on the Volcano better with the whip vs the pad? Seems like you would get a harder hit with the whip

I have a a hybrid on the way in the mail and was wondering if I’ll even bother using it with concentrates etc

Based on reclaim oil that I use I would say,
There may be more of a hit from the whip but the flavor and effect of a bag with oil, through water is very pleasant IMO.
I would definitely try it using either the pad or cotton/some screens/mesh/hemp fibre? Set the unit to maximum and adjust the vapor density with your load size, or if the density and coughing is too much turn it down a bit.
To get strong vapor from the whip right from the start, pre heat the load using the fan like the manual says or by leaving the bowl on the device for 60-90 seconds first.
I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results from this vape, oil or herbs inside! Congrats on the new purchase.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Based on reclaim oil that I use I would say,
There may be more of a hit from the whip but the flavor and effect of a bag with oil, through water is very pleasant IMO.
I would definitely try it using either the pad or cotton/some screens/mesh/hemp fibre? Set the unit to maximum and adjust the vapor density with your load size, or if the density and coughing is too much turn it down a bit.
To get strong vapor from the whip right from the start, pre heat the load using the fan like the manual says or by leaving the bowl on the device for 60-90 seconds first.
I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results from this vape, oil or herbs inside! Congrats on the new purchase.

Thanks for the tips I’ll try experimenting a bit with the whip vs pad and letting it heat up a bit as advised.

I think I’ll really like the volcano for herb my fav vape so far is the plenty so the whip on the hybrid should be fun for me.

Not so excited to use the volcano for concentrates I’m think of getting a rio or using a drop insert in a banger on a water piece for real dabs.

Top Bottom